main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends * My Brothers Keeper.* (Obi, Owan, Qui, Dex, OC's AU/JA 23rd May " Home sweet home *The End"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Title: My Brothers Keeper
    Author: Gkilkenny
    Timeframe: AU JA
    Genre: Obi/Angst
    Characters: Obi, Qui, OC's The Council,Bail,and Dex
    except for the OC's I don't own any of the characters sniff sniff,:_| just borrowing them.:D

Summary: Through no fault of his own Obi-wan is sent back to his family, there he discovers depception and death, leaving him alone to raise his little brother, what happens when they are forced to flee for their lives.

~~~~~~~~

Obi-wan couldn?t believe it, in trouble again all because of Arly Bron, that evil excuse for an initiate, who would probably end up being a smuggler or a thief something like that.

Why couldn?t the Council see his faults and just send him away why did he have to ruin other lives in his decent to Darkness. Obi-wan said to him self as he fumed over another run in with the slightly older boy.

Arly Bron was determined to end his career as a Jedi before it even started.
    They had transferred Arly to Obi-wan?s room, all because Obi?s roommate had been chosen recently and his other two room mates had gone to different areas of the Jedi one had gone to the Agri Corps and one had gone to medical corps.
    So that left twelve year old Obi-wan in a room that was meant for four boys, he had the room all to himself.
    But it didn?t last long first came Dag-mar then Gerlin and then Arly.

Dag-mar and Gerlin stood at the door with their bags.
    ?Come in? said Obi-wan ?I wont bite you, You can have any of those beds, but this one is mine? Obi said pointing to the one by the window.

The two new boys seemed very shy, but soon Obi had them talking and laughing.
    The boys got on very well and became friends, they studied together and were becoming quite good at their lessons.
    Obi-wan was very happy with his new room mates and was looking forward to becoming a Padawan as were Dag-Mar and Gerlin. But all that changed when Arly arrived.

Arly was a bully and he had been passed around from dorm to dorm because of his unruly behaviour.
    Dag-mar, Gerlin and Arly Bron were all human species as was Obi-wan.

Arly intimidated Dag-mar and Gerlin and eventually the three boys were picking on Obi-wan constantly.
    Arly seemed to have a knack of turning nice boys into little monsters, Obi-wan was sure he was threatening them into doing whatever he asked of them.
    Obi-wan wouldn?t become one of them so he was ostracised and they played tricks on him every chance they got.
    But every time Obi-wan defended himself from accusation, the three boys would insist that Obi-wan was either the culprit, or he had helped them do whatever dastardly deed had been done.

Obi-wan couldn?t get through to the two young boys who did every thing Arly told them to do.
    ?How can you be so stupid, he is going to get us all shipped off to the Agri-Corps is that what you want?
    Obi stated to the two boys when he had them alone.
    ?Aw come on Obi, you are too straight for your own good, Arly says he knows what Masters are going to choose us. He hacked into the Data Base and saw which Knights will be coming to take us.?
    ?Oh" said Obi ?Did he tell you their names? Did he show you the list where your name is on it to become a Padawan.?? he asked.

?Well no, but Arly wouldn?t lie to us he?s our best friend.? said Dag-Mar.

?Yeah Obi, Arly said that even you will get a master if you do what he wants?

?What does he Want?? asked Obi.

?He wants you to steal the test papers for next weeks astrophysics test.?

?Why doesn?t Arly do it himself?? or is he a coward. berated Obi.

?He says that no one would think you did it because you always know the answers and are good in class.?

?That?s because I study, just like you two used to do, what is wrong with you can?t you see what Arly is doing, he will get caught eventually and he will drag you down with him.?

?Don?t be like that Obi, he wouldn?t do that, we trust him and he trusts us.? Gerlin said.....

In the Council Chamber the Masters were in session.
    ?Master Windu, have you heard

2. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    wow i really don't like this arly bron! he DEFINITELY is a bad apple! i hope the council sees through the kids lying trying to get obi in trouble..
    i'm quite intrigued by what happened in the opening coupled with the summary of the story.... this should be another great one!
    oh, and one little bit i wanted to mention, i really liked the part about dagobah being in night orbit and not being in range for a month.. that was a good plot device to keep yoda out and a neat little detail too.
    why do i get the feeling yoda is going to be upset with the council for not seeing through arly's mischief when he gets back?
    anyway, thanks for the pm and i look forward to the next one!
    =D=

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Arly [face_frustrated]

A good start! I look forward to reading more. :D

4. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    I am glad you PMed me about this one..I love it..

Poor Obi...don't let them take him away:_|

5. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

obi_webb Thanks this is a bit different and Yoda is not
    going to be happy[face_shame_on_you]

VaderLV64 Thank You I hope you enjoy it[:D]

kenobiwanobi There sending him away, and they will be sorry:mad:

@};-

6. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I really like this so far, poor Obi getting caught up in so much mischief. Arly sounds like Bruck, I hate those bullying characters. If you are pming people, can I be added? Great job!! =D= =D=

7. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I thought I posted here [face_tired]

I knew you had to have a new story in the wings. Can't wait to see Owen too.

8. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

LilyHobbitJedi Arly's name is a character taken from a smugglers list
    Bullies always drag innocent people into their schemes.
    I hate them too.[face_devil]
    I will be happy to PM you Thanks for reading.

jodiwent You know me so well, I always have a story waiting.
    I think I have the writing bug :D
    Owan is a cute little boy just like Obi-wan=P~

post coming soon@};-

9. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

The Astrophysics exam was beginning in the large auditorium,
    but half way through the test, the teacher
    spied Arly Bron reading something under the table.

?Initiate Bron, What are you doing" he said.

Arly jumped in surprise and realised he had been caught.
    Next to him on either side was Dag-Mar and Gerlin.

Arly panicked and said ?Nothing Master this was just passed to me," he held up the paper, the teacher realising it was the answers to the test pulled Arly out to the front of the room.
    ?Who passed it to you initiate Arly."

Arly looked at the two boys that were sitting next to him and then dropped his eyes and said Obi-wan Kenobi Sir?
    Obi-wan jumped up and said ?That?s a lie Master I would not cheat and I certainly wouldn?t help Arly to cheat either?.

?Enough" the teacher stated.

The teacher called Security and they searched the room finding two more pieces of paper in Dag-Mar and Gerlins possession.

All four boys were taken out of the room, and were placed in separate rooms.
    Each boy was interviewed, Obi-wan denied doing anything but he would not implicate Dag-Mar or Gerlin as he knew they were innocent but were being controlled by Arly.
    He hoped that this episode would open their eyes to what kind of person Arly was.

Arly of course blamed everything on Obi, and Dag-mar and Gerlin backed him up.
    The Masters were fed up with their antics and called the Council to intervene.

While Obi-wan, Dag-Mar, Gerlin and Arly were waiting to be called in to the council Chambers, Arly convinced the two timid boys that everything would be alright if they just agreed with him.

Obi-wan was fuming and he grabbed Arly ?Wake up to yourself Arly, this is no joking matter you will not be able to talk your way out of this. You will be sent to the Agri corps for sure, this time.?
    Arly took a swing at Obi and they began to fight, as the doors opened to the Council Chamber.
    Obi-wan swung his fist and connected with Arly?s chin and he slid across the floor into the council.

The other three boys followed in and Obi?s face was flushed.
    He knew that it was forbidden to fight and he shouldn?t have hit Arly especially in the Council Chambers, and in front of the Council.

Master Windu?s face was like looking at a stone there was no emotion, just glaring eyes.
    ?What is the meaning of this display of anger, have you not been taught the dangers of anger?? he said in a calm voice.

Obi bowed low and spoke ?I am sorry for my behaviour Master Windu I have no excuse, but?...?
    Master Windu raised his hand up silencing Obi-wan. ?It seems to me that you may have run out of excuses.?
    Obi lowered his head in shame and stood silently.

The inquisition took place and by the end of the session Arly and the two other boys believed they had successfully laid the blame on Obi-wan for all the troubles they had been involved in.
    By the end of the session Obi-wan had a bad feeling about his future with the Jedi.
    It wasn?t long before his fears were answered.

?It is the decision of this Council that you four boys have come to the end of your mischievous ways. We can no longer abide the unruly and aggravating manner that you four boys seem to display.
    We will be informing the Head Master on Bandameer that he is to be expecting four new arrivals within a few days. You four boys have been relegated to the Agri-Corps on Bandameer, transport will be arranged for tomorrow. You will be given a set of cloths to wear and you are to pack your personal belongings.
    You will remain on Bandameer until a decision is made, to which Corps you will be sent to, there you will stay until you reach adulthood or until a Master so decides to choose you as an apprentice.
    But let me advise you that there are many initiates still here at the Temple that will be chosen before you.
    And after your fourteenth name day you will no longer be eligible for apprenticeship.
    The Council is very disappointed in you initiates. May the force protect you and be with you. You may leave now to pack.? Mace informed them.

Obi-wan was

10. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    How aweful...but at least we'll meet Obi's family.

Great job!!!!

11. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    quite an eventful post.. and a thought provoking one. obi brought up some very good points at the end. to me, this part summed it up..

But lies and deceit are rife within this Temple, and I believe the Council are blind, arrogant and self centred.
    You do not care about the initiates or their families, you just take and when it doesn?t suit you, then you just abandon children who have never known any other home but this one, in essence you 'are our' parents.
    "How do you sleep knowing you turn your own children out...."

i think obi was exactly right and i hope the council eventually sees the error in what they did to obi and learn from their mistakes!
    again, i really think yoda is not going to be a happy camper when he gets back!
    this is turning into another fantastic story!
    =D=

12. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Thanks for the pm! You tell him Obi! I'm wondering if this means he won't become a Jedi, since he won't see Qui-Gon on Bandomeer. I can't wait to see what you have planned. I can't wait to see Obi-Wan's parents, that will be interesting. Great update!! =D= =D=

13. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Aww, poor Obi getting all the blame. :( No wonder he has some anger, the Council is being quite unreasonable. And no chance of Yoda or Qui learning about this for another month...I don't think Yoda will be very happy about what the Council did. :rolleyes:

Nice start! Thanks for the pm, and please keep me on your list. :)

14. TheLurker

TheLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    Thanks for the PM, otherwise I never would have discovered this great story. I'm really enjoying it. It's got a great plot to it.
    Looking forward to more soon.
    ~Rhi

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

kenobiwanobi Yep the council are mean lets hope Obi's parents are nice?[face_thinking]

obi_webb The council were always self righteous
    only this time they have made a
    grave mistake.[face_shame_on_you]

LilyHobbitJediAfter the way he spoke to the
    Council, there is definately a possibility that he wont become a Jedi unless they come to their senses. [face_worried]

Jedi_Tigris Can you blame Obi-wan for his anger
    and Yoda is going to be annoyed:mad:

TheLurker the plot thickens and Obi
    meets his family:D

Thanks for taking the time to review it means a lot to me

[:D] @};-

16. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I actually read this a few days ago . . .

Mean Master Mace mean :mad:

17. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

jodiwent I think the whole Council is mean
    but Mace is the ringleader[face_laugh]

~~~~~~~ on with the story!

Master Windu realised as soon as he said it, that he had done exactly what Obi-wan had done, Lost his temper.

Obi-wan smiled knowing this,and then bowed slightly, he slowly turned around and with his head held high he walked out the door and out of the Jedi Temple.

When he got to the spaceport Dag-Mar and Gerlin were watching Obi-wan walk towards them.
    Obi-wan noticed that both boys looked very sad.

Dag-Mar spoke as soon as Obi came along side of them.
    ?Obi-wan we are so sorry for what we have done to you"
    "Arly has turned against us, and when we defended you he said that everything he did was just to get you kicked out of the Jedi.
    Arly didn?t care about us at all, he said he just used us to get you, and we feel so bad because you tried to tell us, but we wouldn?t listen.
    ?I suppose you hate us now, and we wouldn?t blame you if you did.?Gerlin said.

Obi put his hands on each boys shoulders and said sympathetically
    ?No I do not hate you, I know you were lied to, and I am sorry that you have been released from the Temple as well.
    ?Where?s Arly? he asked.

?He went on board already he said he was glad he was going to the Agricorps and that he hated the Jedi life anyway.
    I suppose we should get on board? Dag-Mar said to the other two, and they picked up their packs.
    But Obi-wan hesitated.
    ?What?s wrong aren?t you coming Obi?? Gerlin asked.

?I went to see the Council, I wanted to explain how I felt about what they did, and I said some things about them that they didn?t like."
    "I told them I wanted to go home to live with my parents. They have allowed me to, but I am never to return to the Temple they have expelled me totally.?

?Oh wow? you are going home to your real family? do you think they will like you, what if you don?t like them?? Gerlin said.

Obi shrugged at the words, I don?t know but I didn?t want to go to the Agri corps.?
    ?What about you two why don?t you ask to go to your real families.?? Obi asked.

?Naw" said Gerlin "I would rather go to the Corps?
    and Dag-mar said ?I don?t have any family they died just after I was brought to the Temple."
    As they were talking a horn blasted signalling that their ship was about to leave.

?Gotta go Obi, I hope you like your family and I am really sorry for what I did? said Dag-Mar.
    ?Me too Obi? said Gerlin and then both boys ran up the ramp shouting bye to Obi. ?May the force look after you?

Obi watched as the Transport took off and then he went on board his transport bound for Orulshai III
    Obi-wan knew very little of this moon only that it was relatively close to Corruscant and the climate was temperate and the sentient race was human.
    He found his cabin and sat down on the bed to read the flimsy Master Windu had given him.

It said his mother was of average height and fair skin her eyes were green and her hair was Auburn.
    His father was a bit taller than his mother and had blue eyes olive skin and fair hair.
    He worked for a local company called Cosmo haul Shipping it was a cargo transport company.
    His father was a loader, loading the cargo onto ships.

They lived on a farm in an isolated section of the district.
    Obi-wan studied all the information in the flimsy.
    The trip through hyperspace only took a night and half the next day.
    Obi-wan got off the transport and looked around wondering what to do, when a woman walked towards him smiling, Obi noticed the weathered look about her, her skin was brown and looked dry, she looked like she had been in the sun every day.
    But she had a wonderful smile and she was holding a small boy in her arms he wouldn?t have been more than two.

?Obi-wan?? she asked.
    ?Yes? I?m Obi-wan?
    ?Oh Obi my son? ?I am so glad you came back to me? she said as she scooped him into her arms almost squashing the little boy she was carrying, the little boy cried out, and she released Obi and said Oh my O?wan I am sorry I didn?t mean to squeeze so hard?.
    She knelt

18. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Wow, what a grea update! I'm happy that Obi finally got to see his family again, even though his father was being a jerk. I'm curious to know what is this mysterious thing their all afraid of.

He had a bad feeling about his visions.

I have a bad feeling about it too.[face_worried] Excellent update, I can't wait for more. =D= =D=

19. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    I dont think Obi is the only one with a bad feeling....and about Obi's father..interesting,and surprisingly like I had always pictured the man.
    Can't wait to see where this goes...great post!

20. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Arly Bron, you blew it for yourself and everyone! :mad:

Mace, you need to go back to the Creche and start all over! [face_shame_on_you]

Flames, there were bright flames leaping into the air, and he could feel immense pain and grief.
    The flames leaped into the sky, higher and higher?.\\.
    Obi jumped to his feet coming out of the vision sweating and panting for air.
    He had a bad feeling about his visions

Yeah, me too! [face_worried]

I have escaped from Darth RL for a little while. What a great story to come back to, GK! [:D]

When I can escape again, I'll be sure to read and catch up! :D

Thanks for the PM! [face_batting]

Star

21. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Hi GKilkenny. [:D]

I just started reading this wonderful story, and I really enjoyed it. :)

Obi-wan felt the cold tendrils of abandonment permeate his soul, he was angry at the Council they were so cold and stern.

Poor Obi-Wan. :(

But lies and deceit are rife within this Temple, and I believe the Council are blind, arrogant and self centred. You do not care about the initiates or their families, you just take and when it doesn?t suit you, then you just abandon children who have never known any other home but this one, in essence you 'are our' parents."How do you sleep knowing you turn your own children out...."

*is happy that as a Sith, her plan for galactic domination includes taking down the Jedi Council* :mad:

I have a bad feeling about what Obi-Wan's father is up to though. And Obi-Wan's visions as well...

This is a wonderful story, and I can't wait to see where you take it.

Could you please PM me when you update? [face_praying]

Thank you! :)

Ani-maniac

22. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    FINALLY the blasted boards let me on so i can read this!
    a terrific update! i loved the reunion with his mother and i'm quite interested in what the deal is with the father..
    i like how you aren't playing him like just a complete and total jerk. though HE does have his jerk moments it seems!
    and now you leave me wondering what obi's vision means! great job! thanks for the pm and i look forward to the next one!
    =D=

23. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    obi_webb You having trouble too
    it keeps signing me off.
    Now theres no pictures just grey and blue writing

Vision are a view to the future, and Obi seems to
    have his share.
    His 'Father' is a Jerk!!and soon you will see why.[face_whistling]

Ani-maniac Hi Ani glad you are here
    I thought you might like that the council are arrogant
    and deceitful.[face_devil]
    It would be my pleasure to PM you.[:D]

Star_Drifter Hello my friend

Arly sets the story in motion[face_laugh]

Mace needs a swift push into a bowl of jello8-}

and Obi's Father now theres another story[face_not_talking]

glad to see you have escaped Star[:D]

kenobiwanobi and about Obi's father..interesting,and surprisingly like I had always pictured the man.

Mmmm!! Did You picture him that way? :D
    very interesting!![face_whistling]

LilyHobbitJediI'm curious to know what is this mysterious thing their all afraid of.

Time will tell![face_whistling]

Thanks every one@};-

24. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Ooh, this is a good story - I'll be watching this with great interest!

Well done :)

25. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Kestrel_Kenobi Thank you
    I hope I can keep you interested
    more story coming up....

Obi-wan had taken O?wan for a ride on the speeder, and arrived back just after his father got home from work.
    Obi-wan had dropped O?wan off at the house and was pushing the speeder into the barn when he noticed his Father burying something in the dirt at the back of the Barn.
    The man was startled when Obi came towards him. Larn quickly covered up what ever he was doing and snapped at Obi.
    ?You useless boy where have you been I have been waiting for you.
    There are chores for you to do.? he snapped. ?I want them done before you come in for dinner".
    Obi-wan could sense so much fear and anxiety coming from him, and then Larn grabbed a pitch fork and shoved it in Obi?s hand.

?I brought home a cart full of hay, unload it and put it in the small shed out back, and hurry because it is going to rain tomorrow and I don?t want it to get wet.

Obi-wan did as he was told and by the time he had finished it was very late.
    O?wan had already gone to bed and his Father was pacing up and down in the common room.
    Obi-wans Mother looked almost panic stricken.
    But Obi had learned early that he would get no answers from them, just a berating from his Father for being nosey.

Obi-wan ate the meal his Mother had left for him and then he went to bed.
    But he woke up in the early hours of the morning to shouting, Obi-wan looked out the window and could see four big men arguing with Larn.
    He was about to go down to see what was up when his Mother came into his room.
    ?Obi-wan" she whispered. "Obi-wan wake up? she said into the darkness.
    ?I?m awake Mother, what?s happening? Who are those men?? ?What do they want?? he whispered back.

?Please do not ask so many questions, just listen to me please".
    ?Alright" the boy said.

"Larn has been dealing in stolen good?s he has been stealing from his employer, he has been working with some other men selling the goods to different buyers, Dangerous men, I tried to stop him but he wouldn?t listen.
    Larn got greedy and he has stolen something very valuable, I do not know what it is but, those men down there will not leave without it".

Obi-wan remembered the barn and that his Father had been doing something in the corner.
    (He probably hid it there). Obi thought.

?What can we do,? Obi asked.
    ?Nothing I tried to warn him but he is a foolish and arrogant man. He will probably die this very day.?she said.

?Die? Obi stuttered ?But Mother we have to do something? he stated.

?Obi-wan I have tried to be the wife he wanted but I cannot go on like this, he is not worth it.? she answered.
    ?I am afraid for you and for O?wan, if Larn thinks he can talk his way out of being hurt he will do anything, even sell us into slavery just for the money, especially if he has to flee quickly.

He will not want the burden of two young boys around his neck?

?But Mother he is 'our Father' surely he wouldn?t do that??

?Obi-wan I should have told you before, Larn is not your Father?

?What?,..What do you mean?? ?Where is my Father then?? Obi-wan asked.

?Larn moved in with us just before your Father died.
    Your Fathers name was O?jat-Wan he was a wonderful man and he helped Larn out of a difficult situation, and gave him a place to stay.
    Sometimes I think if O?jat hadn?t let Larn come to live here your Father might still be alive today."

?What do you mean Mother?? Obi inquired.

?Well Larn became infatuated with me and he argued with O?jat saying that he could look after me better than O?jat would, but I was in love with your Father, and I pushed Larns advances to me away.
    I told your Father about Larn, and they argued."

"But your Father suddenly got ill and died.
    The Healer said it was a virus that killed him. But for some time now I have thought different.

?But you married him? ?Why did you do that if you didn?t love him, and what about O?wan you had him.? Obi whispered.
    He was confused.

?No Obi-wan I didn?t? ?O?wan is your brother O?jat is his Father we kn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.