main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Take A Look Through My Eyes (Songfic, Xanatos, Obi-Wan brother fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Talek, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Talek

Master_Talek Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2005
    Title: Take a Look through my Eyes
    Timeline: Before to After Revenge of the Sith, AU
    Characters: The main characters are Obi-Wan and Xanatos

Author's notes: The title and song are from the movie and soundtrack, Brother Bear. I had to add another paragraph to the lyrics. The story starts when Obi-Wan is a youngling till after Revenge of the Sith. Xanatos is singing the first, second, and fourth time. The middle is just the lyrics.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

It was night on Coruscant and I was sitting in the living room of my shared quarters. It was being shared with a youngling for a mentoring program while my Master was on a mission. Qui-Gon had signed me up for it and I had been placed with the youngling that I knew to make the program a bit more enjoyable. I'll have to thank that little green troll one day. While I was reading in a chair, I heard the door open quietly. I looked up and standing there was Obi-Wan looking down at the floor.

"What's the matter?"

I put down the book as he came up to me. "I had a bad dream." He replied shaking a bit. "Would you like to tell me about it?" He climbed into my lap as he began telling me of his dream. "It was night at the temple and there was a man holding a blue lightsaber, he was killing younglings in the council chambers. You were in a battle against a man trying to protect the younglings. He seemed... evil." At this, he gave a little shiver before he continued on. "I was watching you fight and the evil man, he... he stabbed you." He buried his head in my chest as he sobbed. "I don't want you to die Xani." "Hey little brother, I'm not going anywhere." I tried to comfort the shaking boy in my arms. As I rocked him back and forth, I tried singing to help calm him down.

"There are thing in life you'll learn and
    In time you'll see
    "Cause out there somewhere it's all waiting
    If you keep believing

The boy started to stop crying as he listened on to the song.

So don't run, don't hide
    It will be alright
    You'll see, trust me
    I'll be there watching over you

His eyes started drooping as I continued on. He relaxed in my arms and snuggled deeper into my chest.

Just take a look through my eyes
    There's a better place somewhere out there
    Everything changes
    You'll be amazed what you'll find
    If you look through my eyes"

I stood up and carried him to his room and tucked him back into his bed. As I was about to walk through the door, I heard his sleepy voice behind me. "G'night Xani." "Good night little one." I closed the door behind me and went to bed. Tomorrow would be a new day.

As my little brother and old master stood in front of me with their lightsabers drawn, I couldn't believe that they actually thought I had left the order for good. As they drew closer, I force shoved my old master into a wall and knocked him unconscious. I hesitantly threw my little brother into the wall as well and watched as he collapsed on the floor. I walked over and took a good look at him. He had grown in the years we had been apart. He had grown taller and was very strong in the force. He looked like he had seen much during the years we had been apart and from what I know, he has. Asleep as he was right now, he looked like the little boy I had comforted all those years ago. "I'm sorry little one." I drew back the bangs covering his eyes. He needed to get a haircut. Thinking back on that day, I started to sing to him. Maybe he could hear me.

"There will be times on this journey
    All you'll see is darkness
    Out there somewhere daylight finds you
    If you keep believing

So don't run, don't hide
    It will be alright
    You'll see, trust me
    I'll be there watching over you

There's a better place somewhere out there
    Everything changes
    You'll be amazed what you'll find
    If you look through

2. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    Interesting to read something where Xanatos isn'tthe villain! LOL!!

Well done!=D=

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I agree with Magenta, it is a treat to see a good Xanatos.

Very enjoyable Master_Talek.

4. Master_Talek

Sep 3, 2005
    Magenta_Moonshadow - I agree, it is always interesting to read when Xanatos isn't the villian.

Healer_Leona - Thank you and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Come on now, I know there are more people out there.:)

5. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    I like it. It isn't bad, it is a good idea, and you took it and fleshed it out.

(he... I have issues with the "deutercannonical Universe" as it stands, so as far as I am concerned, your view of Xanatos or anything else is just as valid as anyones! :)

So should you want to do more on this theme, let me know when you have them done.(ie pm me!)

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I [face_love] Xanatos! Nice to see him show up in a fic! =D=

7. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Very nice, Master_Talek!

I don't know anything about Xanatos, but you've certainly piqued my interest! :)

Lovely song choice!

8. Master_Talek

Sep 3, 2005
    Noelie: I used to have issues with things that contradicted cannon but when you read fanfiction, a majority of them are AUs or "what ifs" aren't they?:p If you want more of this, I'll PM you when I write my longer story.

VaderLVR64: I love Xanatos as well. In fact, he is my favorite Dark Jedi but I prefer to see him as a good guy, not a bad guy. Obviously, I had a bit of trouble when rereading Jedi Apprentice.:p

VA_Parky: Thank you, I'm glad you liked it! Xanatos isn't really like this in the books though. I prefer to see him as a good guy though so if I write him he will be a good guy not a bad guy.

Thanks to all my reviewers and lurkers!;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.