main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Yoda's Vision. "Yoda finds a baby" PG/ Baby JA 19th MAY *Thanks* The End*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Title: Yoda?s Vision
    Author: Gkilkenny
    Timeframe: leading up to Jedi apprentice
    Characters Yoda, Qui-Gon, Obi-wan
    Genre PG
    Note: GL owns everyone I just play with them.

Summary: Yoda finds a baby and is the only one who believes him worthy to be a Jedi.

Master Yoda never had to hurry in his life, he always allowed himself enough time
    to get to where ever he was going.
    In the past he had never late for a meeting, or even a Knighting, but today he was late.

For the very first time, he knew that his life had changed, he knew that this was the beginning of a new era.

Qui-Gon Jinn who was his last apprentice, and he had asked Yoda to be at the Knighting Ceremony of his first apprentice, Natasha.

Qui-Gon had taken her as an apprentice soon after his own Knighting and now twelve years later It was time to welcome her as a New Knight.
    The ceremony took place, without Yoda present, Qui-Gon was disappointed when his old Master had commed him
    apologising for not attending.

?Regrettable it is but required elsewhere I am.? Yoda had said in his usual cryptic sentences.
    ?Elsewhere Master? Qui-Gon had inquired. But as usual, an answer he did not get??..

------
    Earlier Master Yoda had been on Dagobah for a rest cycle and was on his way back when the force bombarded him with images and visions.

The closer he got to the planet Vertah the stronger the pull of the force became and instead of flying past the planet,
    Yoda landed his craft in the space port centre.

Vertah was a farming planet and a large portion of the population was force sensitive, many Jedi came from Vertah or surrounding Planets.

Knight Val and Crèche Master Lilo were on the planet gathering four young force sensitive children whose parents wanted them to be trained in the Jedi arts.
    They were loading supplies for the journey, when Yoda approached them ?Master Yoda? The Knight bowed ?This is unexpected? Val said.
    ?Is something wrong Master?

?Wondered I did about your charges, see them I will? . Yoda exclaimed.

?Certainly Master Yoda, there are two girls and two boys they are in the forward compartment.
    Crèche Master Lilo is with them?. the Knight answered.

Yoda hurried to the cabin he felt an overwhelming urge to run, not out of fear or worry but out of anticipation and a wondrous feeling of excitement, the force wanted to show him something.

Opening the door he noticed the young children sitting on the floor playing, Master Lilo looked up a bit surprised.
    ?Master Yoda a pleasant surprise this is, I didn?t know you were coming?

Yoda nodded back and said ?Surprise for me to be here, know I was coming I did not? Lilo looked at him confused but knew how he always talked in riddles.

Yoda studied the four children who were around two years old.
    The feeling of expectation was not coming from them.

Yoda closed his eyes and opened himself to the force and after a few moments he turned pointing to the door to the fresher.

?Fresher you should check Umm? he indicated with his stick.

Lilo opened the door and there on the floor wrapped in a blanket was a baby no more than six months old.

?My? Lilo gasped.
    She bent down and picked up the small bundle, ?A baby! Who would have left a baby here.?

She laid the baby on the bed and checked it over. ?It?s a boy she murmured, but I can barely feel him in the
    force. Master Yoda, there is an envelope inside his blanket.?

?Give to me.? Yoda said ?Take care of this young one I will?

Wondering why the Crèche Master could not feel the baby in the force he asked.

?What do you feel? Yoda inquired as he himself could feel a strong connection to the force emanating from the child.

Lilo closed her eyes opening herself to the eddies of the force. ?I- I seem to be feeling something rather elusive, not quite there, muted just out of reach, but growing. Yes now I can sense him. Strange that I could not feel him very well before??. she questioned. He is force sensitive, but not very strong, I imagine his midi-clorion count is not very high.

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very nice beginning.

It's interesting that Yoda can feel the baby so strongly when the other Jedi cannot....very interesting.

I look forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    cool to see you writing a yoda story!:cool: a nice start, i look forward to seeing what you have in store for yoda and the baby he found!
    i wonder if yoda is gonna change diapers?:p
    thanks for telling me about this! [:D]

4. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Spectacular! This is really cool..I love the whole idea and of course now that Qui-Gon is free from his last padawan ...:D ... PM me with updates!

5. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    A very interesting start. I'm curious at why the parents left this baby. It's also interesting that only Yoda can see the baby's true potential. I wonder who that baby is? [face_thinking] Great start, can't wait for more! =D= =D=

6. Obi-fan_Kenobi

Obi-fan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2006
    Very nice beginning,
    I can't wait to read a new post. Who is the mysterious baby ?
    I can feel that Yoda will have a very special relationship with him ? Yoda have to take care of a baby now. :eek: I can't really imagine. He teaches young children but not babies.
    That could be fun. How can Yoda feel him so much through the Force and the other Jedi so few?
    Please post a new part soon.

7. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I had to de-lurk to tell you I love this begining.

8. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

KELIA
    Yoda is strong in the force and he senses more than the average Jedi[face_laugh] thanks

obi_webb
    I thought everyone might get bored if I keep writing just Obi stories and I always thought yoda should have said more in the movies
    instead of thinking and letting his ears droop[face_laugh]
    Thanks

kenobiwanobi
    Wow I am glad you think so! [:D]
    Qui-Gon doesn't have a padawan now!!![face_whistling]
    thanks

LilyHobbitJediYoda is wise and knows a good thing when he sees it[face_dancing]
    thanks

Obi-fan_Kenobi Not so mysterious but
    yoda will move heaven and earth for him
    as it should be. O:)

thanks

I just have to check it and then I will post.

9. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

jodiwent Thanks ever so much for de-lurking
    and letting me know.:D
    It makes the writing worthwhile.[:D]

Now on with the story.

By the time Yoda returned to the Temple, he was several hours late for Natasha?s Knighting ceremony.

He personally delivered the baby to the crèche and was just giving instructions to the Crèche Master, and then he was going to go find Qui-Gon, but before that happened Qui-Gon opened the door to the crèche.

?Sensed I did that you were here Master? Not the place I would expect to find you near, I know you like younglings but these are so tiny.
    ?If I am correct in my assumptions I believe these young ones are not ready to be apprentices yet? He laughed.
    ?Force tell me Master, what brings you to the crèche and not the Knighting ceremony??
    Qui-Gon asked trying not to sound upset that the Master would prefer to be with babies instead of with him.

?Sorry I am for missing Natasha?s special day.
    ?Unavoidable it was, the force insisted, It did, forgive me you should?
    Qui-Gon bowed. ?Apology accepted Master.
    He knew he couldn?t stay upset with his former Master for long as he must have had a very good reason, as he never missed anything that was important.

?What have we here, is this the reason you are here Master? Qui-Gon said.
    He rested his hand on the babies head feeling the soft fair hair, the baby let out a giggle and smiled at Qui-Gon.

?My he is quite a beautiful baby, he is quite bright in the force, I can sense him quite easily? ?What is his midichlorian count?
    ?Not tested yet? Yoda answered staring at his former apprentice.
    ?How much do you sense him?" he asked Qui-Gon.
    ?Well he seems stronger than some, but I sense a weakness, in his body, is he sick ??
    ?Sick No, not sick just hungry? Master Yoda stated.

Hungry, why should he be hungry, didn?t his parents feed him??
    ?No parents found with this youngling, orphan he is?
    ?Oh? said Qui-Gon and then he stroked the boys forehead.

?Well in that case I suppose he is reasonable strong in the force, but not as strong as say, twelve year old Xanatos.

Humpff? Yoda growled. ?Trouble that one is? Sense nothing good from that one? Do I? Yoda stated.

?Master why don?t you like him I sense nothing like that from him.
    Xani is just more advanced than his age mates he cannot help it if he is stronger in the force and more agile.
    I believe he will make a great Jedi strong and powerful.? Qui-Gon practically beamed with pride that he felt about the initiate.
    "Hurumpf ?Keep your emotions in check you should, sense much sadness I do if take that one as an apprentice? Yoda said.

?Master Yoda I cannot see it he seems dedicated, to the force.

?Umm but which side will he be on, Light or dark? Sense much deceit in him I do? Yoda added.

Qui-Gon knew he would not win an argument with Yoda so he gave up.

?Well I certainly cannot take this young one pointing to the baby, as an apprentice, not for at least another eleven or twelve years. He is just a baby!.

?So in the mean time, I think I will make my own choice and take another apprentice?. Qui-Gon said as he excused himself and left the crèche.

The next few years were very hard on the little boy who had been named Obi-wan Kenobi.
    He was a sickly child and seemed to catch every childhood disease, that was going around.
    When he was four he went missing and Yoda was in a panic as he couldn?t sense him in the force.
    When the search party finally found little Obi, he had found his way into the research laboratory, and had found a force inhibitor collar locked in a cabinet.

It attracted his attention because of the silver glint it had, and because he had just learned to manipulate the force
    he had unlocked the cabinet and pulled the collar out and put it around his neck.
    The sudden loss of the force made him collapse on the floor, and because no one knew he was there, they didn?t look there for an hour or so.
    Obi-wan woke up in the healers ward with a big headache, and a broken arm.
    When he collapsed he fell of

10. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    ?Master, why do you want to teach me, when no one else cares.? Obi inquired.
    ?Blind they are? ?Great Jedi you will be? ?The force knows it and I know it.? Yoda Stated.
    ?Well everyone else doesn?t think so? Obi snapped.
    ?Matters not what ?everyone else? thinks, Feel it here I do? Yoda said touching his heart.

This was so cute and shame on Xani!:mad:

Thanks for the PM and great post!

11. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww...poor Obi-Wan!

Noone sees his potential except the wisest of the Jedi.

But at least he will be trained by the best!

Nice update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

12. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    This is a wonderful story, Gkilkenny! :)

Master Yoda never had to hurry in his life, he always allowed himself enough time to get to where ever he was going.

You capture Yoda very well!

?Unavoidable it was, the force insisted, It did, forgive me you should?
    Qui-Gon bowed. ?Apology accepted Master.

And I love how he doesn't say, "Forgive me, will you?" just that Qui-Gon should forgive him. Lol, it is him exactly. :D

it was common knowledge that the boys second home was the healers ward

Hmmm, that sounds like me, lol. A rug, and a few pillows, and I am right at home in a doctor's office, lol.

I look forward to seeing where you take this!

Could you PM me when you update? [face_praying]

Thank you! [:D]

Ani-maniac

13. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    i'll be the second one to quote this part but i don't care, i loved it and i'm quoting it again!
    ?Good enough you are, too impatient you are? Learn patience first you must, meditate you will, find your centre you should.? Yoda said

?Master, why do you want to teach me, when no one else cares.? Obi inquired.

?Blind they are? ?Great Jedi you will be? ?The force knows it and I know it.? Yoda Stated.

?Well everyone else doesn?t think so? Obi snapped.

?Matters not what ?everyone else? thinks, Feel it here I do? Yoda said touching his heart.

that was such a wonderful post! i loved yoda being a father figure for obi-wan.. and i just love how everyone doesn't expect much of obi but yoda knows that he is destined for greatness!
    it's quite a treat that you started this one while you are still busy posting the other fic! keep up the fantastic work!
    [:D]

14. Obi-fan_Kenobi

Feb 17, 2006
    Very good post,
    Obi-Wan seems so cute !!!!
    It's typical, Obi always doubt of himself. But I know he will show everybody what he can do.
    Grrrrrrrrrr I hate Xanathos!:mad: :mad: :mad: Why don't Qui-Gon listen to Master Yoda ? Xanathos is evil. How can he harm and terrorize such a cute child like Obi ?
    I really hope he will pay for that!!! [face_devil] [face_devil]
    I can't wait for your next post.

15. TheLurker

TheLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    aww, cutesy little story. i'm amazed at how you keep on churning out these stories constantly. Can you PM me for this one too?

cheers
    ~Rhi

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    This is cute! I'm glad you're going in the direction you're going, cuz strangely enough I'm stuck in a story where Yoda finds baby Obi-Wan & brings him back to the Temple.

It won't be like yours (won't be near so cute) if I ever finish it.

I'll be watching this one.

[face_love]

17. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    kenobiwanobi Obi needs some confidence and Yoda is just the person[face_dancing]

KELIA Yoda to the rescue [face_dancing]

Ani-maniac Yoda is fairly easy to write, if I cannot give him a line I just send him to Meditate on it[face_laugh]

Of course I will PM you my pleasure.

obi_webb Yoda is very smart. He knows a good thing when he sees it.[face_dancing]

Obi-fan_Kenobi Obi is soooo cute you are sooo right[:D]

TheLurker I cannot help myself these stories just pop up in my head[face_idea]
    I will certainly PM you[:D]

Valairy_Scot Yoda is a big softy and he needed more air time
    I kinda like the thought of Yoda having an apprentice.;)

?Padawan Xanatos says I?m a weakling that would be good fodder for the sith??
    ? What is a ?Sith? Master??. Obi asked

?Sith were evil Jedi?.? Killed many Jedi did the Sith a thousand years ago.
    Destroyed them the Jedi did.
    ?Listen to Padawan Xanatos you should not?. Yoda stated.

?I do not like him Master Yoda, he scares me and he hurts me.?
    ?Maybe he is a Sith??
    Yoda?s ears drooped and he sighed. ?Ummm?

?He said that I was stupid and that when he became a Knight he was going to make me his Padawan and beat me with a big stick and torture me just for fun."

?I don?t want to be his Padawan? ?I will run away if you make me go with him?

Yoda placed his hand on Obi?s shoulder.
    ?Padawan to Xanatos you will never be.?
    ?My word on that you have? Yoda said sharply.

Yoda was beginning to have grave fears for the boy, he was the brunt of the other initiates jokes and was a target for bullies, the main one being Xanatos.

Yoda had spoken to Qui-Gon but to no avail, Xanatos always had an excuse or an alibi and Qui-Gon was so blinded by the love and trust he had in his apprentice to see he was being deceived.

So eventually Yoda started to protect Obi-wan more and more.

After the days lessons Yoda would wait for young Obi-wan and walk him home.
    The boys gentle nature made him the target for those who preyed on the weak.
    Time after time Yoda who was head of the council would be called to the Council to explain his absences from meetings.

Mace Windu tried to cover for the small master but the rest of the council were frustrated with Yoda?s actions.
    They were getting annoyed because quite a lot of decisions had been put on hold because the ancient Master had been to busy baby sitting to come to meetings.

Several Trade disputes were being neglected by the Jedi because Master Yoda, didn?t appear to be interested in sending Jedi to intervene, because his time was being spent breaking up fights between Obi-wan and and other initiates.

The time had come to settle this problem once and for all the other councillors had decided to give Yoda an ultimatum, either he concentrated on his duties as head of the council and put the boy back into the initiates wing.
    Or they would replace him with Mace Windu as head Councillor and put Yoda off the Council.

They were confident that Yoda would choose the Council over a nine year old force sensitive child who they believed was destined to be sent to the agri corps.

The Council members confronted Master Yoda with their decision, but went into a hushed and shocked silence when he rose from his chair and walked to the centre of the chamber, bowing to Mace he announced his decision.

?Blind you are, evil comes this way, be prepared we must.

Sabbatical I will take. ?Dagabah I will go. Young Obi-wan with me go too, stop me you will not. Come back when time is right."
    Yoda explained.
    ?Time is right for what Master? Mace inquired.

"When ready to admit your mistake, when ready to apologise you are. When ready to be an apprentice Obi-wan is."
    Yoda?s riddles confused them and they sat stunned as the small Master turned and walked out the door.

Obi-wan was excited, he couldn?t believe he was leaving with Master Yoda.
    Master Yoda had told him that he required personal training which he couldn?t get

18. Obi-fan_Kenobi

Feb 17, 2006
    I love Yoda! I despise Qui-Gon! I hate Xanathos!
    The council members are blind fools (maybe except Mace.) Jedi are suppose to be compassinate people, not unfeeling monsters! How can they be so mean!

I am sure Obi-Wan will show them what he can do. Especially Qui-Gon[face_frustrated] :mad: [face_frustrated] :mad: .

He and his brat, good for nothing, evil....sorry Padawan will suffer.[face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

Qui-dumb Jinn has no rigth to call Obi a "sickly child who will probably not amount to anything"! He doesn't even know him all he sees is his pecious not so perfect Xanathos.

Will Obi be Qui or Yoda apprentice when he'll come back ?
    How many time will they be gone ?

i just hope Xanathos will receive his right punishment[face_devil] [face_devil]

Can't wait for your next post=D=

19. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Yoda was beginning to have grave fears for the boy, he was the brunt of the other initiates jokes and was a target for bullies, the main one being Xanatos.

Hmm...I seem to remember doing this for one of your other stories, Gkilkenny, but it seems to fit here too...

*takes off shoe, and begins hitting Xanatos with it* :mad:

?Master!? Qui-Gon snapped, ?What do you think you are doing? Mace just told me what you are planning to do. How can you give up everything you love for a child who will probably not amount to anything? The Jedi order is your life, don?t throw it away.?

*takes off her other shoe, and begins hitting Qui-Gon also* [face_frustrated]

Maybe I can knock some sense into him. ;)

His eyes shifted to glare at Xanatos, the twenty year old had never liked Yoda he always felt Yoda knew him to well. Knew that he wasn?t the saint that Qui-Gon thought he was.

I think he will regret not listening to Yoda, I have a feeling Xanatos is up to more than even Yoda suspects. :D And I hope Obi-Wan will get the chance to learn and grow on Dagobah. :)

Wonderful work! [:D]

Ani-maniac

20. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    Way to go Yoda..this story rocks, I can't wait to read more!!!!!!Amazing post!!!!!

21. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Go Yoda go =D=

:mad: :mad: :mad: Xan

:rolleyes: o_O [face_frustrated] Qui

:D :D :D Geri

22. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Oh wow, I'm totally loving this. Thank you for the pm, I didn't realize that I missed a post. I hate Xanatos even more than I always have, he should never have been a Jedi. It was so sad when Yoda told Qui and Xan and Qui didn't listen. And Obi-Wan!! The poor little guy, I certainly he gets over his accident-prone habit. I can't wait to see Yoda and Obi-Wan on Dagobah! Great update, I can't wait for more!! =D= =D=

23. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I snuck away from Darth RL again... [face_shhh]

Little did Qui-Gon realise was that Xanatos had threatened his so called friends if they didn?t back him up.
    They were afraid of Xanatos.

I'm not! Take this, Xanatos! [face_beatup]

What a great story, GK! [:D]

I cant wait to see what happens on Dagobah! :D

Thanks for the PM! [face_batting]

Star

24. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    brilliant post! you always inspire such an emotional reaction with your stories, and this one is no exception!
    bah to qui-gon and bah to xanatos i say![face_frustrated]
    it's so wonderful how persistant you have yoda is in his support for obi-wan. we got to see how far that support goes in this chapter. you really do a fantastic job reminding us why yoda is such a great charcter!
    =D=

25. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Obi-fan_Kenobi Qui-dumb Jinn has no right to call Obi a "sickly child who will probably not amount to anything"! He doesn't even know him all he sees is his precious not so perfect Xanatos.
    a not so perfect evil one[face_skull]
    Qui-gon will get what he deserves:eek:

Ani-maniac Yahoo!! you remembered
    *takes off shoe, and begins hitting Xanatos with it*
    And the other shoe as well !! Well done!![face_dancing] :D

Kenobiwanobi Yep Yoda is the best Always thought he should have been Obi-wans Master[face_dancing]

jodiwent Bad Xani yeah!![face_skull]
    Stupid Qui [face_shame_on_you]
    There time will come[face_laugh]

LilyHobbitJedi I hate Xanatos even more than I always have, he should never have been a Jedi. It was so sad when Yoda told Qui and Xan and Qui didn't listen.
    Qui never listens until it is too late !
    well almost too late[face_whistling]

Star_Drifter I cant wait to see what happens on Dagobah

Fun things happen when Master Yoda is concerned.[face_whistling]

obi_webb bah to qui-gon and bah to xanatos i say
    Qui-Gon was always blind to Xanatos's evil ways[face_devil]

On with the story...

Qui-Gon and Xanatos stepped back,as the door closed and Qui-Gon wondered how long would it be until the old Master realised his mistake and came back.

------
    Master Yoda opened the bay door and a very excited young boy
    ran down to the forest floor below.
    "Wait you should, impatient you are, know not what awaits you young one" Yoda called after him.
    But it was too late !Plop! 'splutter! splutter!
    "Master help!!!"
    "Told you I did wait you would not!"
    "So now you are in the swamp!"
    Ewww yuck! it smells bad!!" Obi-wan spluttered.

"Next time listen you will, first rule of a Padawan is to listen and learn" youngling" Yoda stated.

"Padawan?" Master why did you call me Padawan?"
    "Because you are" Cannot teach you to listen to the force if not
    control your impulsiveness.
    Need a bond to keep your mind on the task at hand" Yoda said.

"Wow a bond with me?!"
    "Why not with you! Worthy you are!" Yoda stated.

I guess so" Obi said as he shrugged his wet shoulders and bits of swamp muck fell of his clothes.

"Guess! "What is Guess" "Know it I do, and so do you"
    "Now lead the way my apprentice, find for me my old home"
    "Have not visited it for many years, will need a clean,
    as one youngling that I know also needs a clean" yoda cackled.
    "Oh Master I think something is alive in my shirt, it is wriggling" Obi said as he stood stock still.
    "Found one of the inhabitants, you have" As Yoda reached in and took the wriggly creature and threw it back in the swamp.
    "Now open your senses and lead the way, onwards to our home"
    Yoda said as he waved his cane.......

Qui-Gon stared out the window of his apartment his world had crashed down around him.
    Not long after his former Master Yoda had left, his apprentice Xanatos began to change, it was like a veil had been lifted and Qui-Gon could sense the evil growing inside the young man.

Six months it took before Qui-Gon realised that Yoda had been right about his apprentice.
    And over the next six months Qui-Gon did everything he could to bring Xanatos back into the light but to no avail.

After a year of struggles, the day finally came when Xanatos declared his loyalties were not to the Jedi but to the Dark side.
    He attacked his Master and struck Qui-Gon in the chest with his light sabre.
    As he pulled it out laughing, he gloated how stupid Qui-Gon was not to believe the green troll.
    Xanatos screamed ?Yoda knew what I was.
    He was scared of me, that?s why he ran away.
    Took that brat of the force away from me, because he knew I would kill him, first chance I got.
    Xanatos stood over his injured Master.
    ?You know what! I might just go to Dagabah and finish the job.
    He said as he headed towards the exit.

But he was too cocky and security Jedi captured him, he was tr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.