main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends In the Eyes of the Beholder - A Qui-Gon Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: In the Eyes of the Beholder
    Characters: Qui-Gon and Tahl
    Summary: A little hand to nose combat between friends...
    Notes: Written long ago in response to the ?Broken Nose? challenge. :p

In the Eyes of the Beholder

?I should have known,? he muttered to himself. ?I should have seen it coming.? He tried very hard to ignore the giggles coming from the young woman beside him.

?I?m sorry, Qui-Gon, truly I am.? Her words might have seemed more sincere if she had not dissolved into a fit of laughter right after uttering them, he thought sourly.

?Very funny,? he grumbled. His words were somewhat muffled by his hands and they sounded quite nasal, which just prompted further laughter from his friend. ?I?m glad you find this amusing.? His expression was thoroughly disgruntled, even behind the big hands.

She came forward and put a soothing arm around his broad shoulders. ?I really thought you?d block that shot, Jinn.? She shook her head in disbelief, as if to say that surely anyone could have blocked such a blow.

?Well I didn?t, as you can plainly see!? he replied indignantly. Stars above, his nose hurt! His eyes were watering so profusely that her image shimmered before him. Or perhaps the pain was making him delirious. Not that it mattered, of course.

Tahl pulled his hands away from his face and studied the injury. She tilted her head to the side as she considered it and reached out to touch his nose, which was rapidly swelling and threatening to take over his face. Qui-Gon flinched back before she could make contact.

?Oh no, you don?t!? he exclaimed. ?I think you?ve done quite enough damage already!? His hands popped right back up to his face, eliciting a wince as they made contact. Stupid hands, stupid nose.

?Oh, quit being such a crecheling and let me look at it!? She cried out with exasperation.

?It hurts!? Qui-Gon exclaimed rather unnecessarily.

?Really? How surprising! It looks like a lot of fun to me,? she said sarcastically.

She leaned toward him and removed his hands once more with a determined grip around his wrists. ?I said let me look at it!? A stubborn note entered her voice, a determination to have her way no matter his objections.

He gave an exasperated sigh and allowed his hands to be tugged away from his nose. She lightly ran one slim finger down the length of it, ignoring his hiss of pain. Then she leaned back with a nod.

?It?s broken all right,? she said with authority. ?And quite a spectacular break it is!?

?Thank you,? he grumbled. ?I?m so glad you approve.?

?Come on, let?s get you to the healers? ward,? she said as she threw his arms around his waist. He did not really need her support, but the feel of her pressed against him was so wonderful that he did not protest. In fact, he leaned against her more heavily. He would have grinned, but he knew that would have caused his nose to start throbbing even more. And it might anger her, something he was in no shape to handle at the moment.

As they walked to the healers? ward, he looked down at Tahl and asked, ?Do you think my nose will ever look the same??

?The same as what?? Her tone was curious but distracted.

?The same as before,? he replied with a touch of frustration.

?Why would you want that? It was such a common nose,? Tahl replied in a very knowledgeable voice.

?But it was my common nose,? he said in a tone that was perilously close to a whine.

?You like being ordinary?? she teased.

?I could never be ordinary,? he protested. ?The size of my feet alone precludes that possibility.?

She glanced down at his boots. ?I suppose you?re right there, Qui-Gon.? She grunted as he stumbled. ?Watch it, you big gunark! If you go down you?ll put a hole in the floor ? not to mention dragging me with you.?

?I?m not that heavy,? he said.

?I have an aching back that would like to disagree with you,? she muttered darkly. ?Force, what do you eat? Or should I ask what don?t you eat??

?Back to the subject at hand, please,? he

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

?Back to the subject at hand, please,? he reminded her. ?What do you think my nose will look like after you?ve so kindly reconstructed it for me??

She stopped dead in her tracks, almost pitching him forward since he did not stop as suddenly. Tahl turned and studied his bleeding nose. She could see two stunning black eyes beginning to form and at the moment his nose was spread out across his face, giving him a squashed appearance that almost made her start laughing again.

Cradling his head in her hands, she smiled up at him. ?It will be a unique and noble nose, just like the man who wears it.?

Suddenly, his nose did not hurt quite so much.

Loved this just as much on the challenge thread, MamaVader! Was such a treat to get to read it again :D

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    ?But it was my common nose,? he said in a tone that was perilously close to a whine.

Very cute, albeit hilarious.

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    ?Why would you want that? It was such a common nose,? Tahl replied in a very knowledgeable voice.

?You like being ordinary?? she teased.

?I could never be ordinary,? he protested. ?The size of my feet alone precludes that possibility.?

She glanced down at his boots. ?I suppose you?re right there, Qui-Gon.?

I love it! [face_love]

Cradling his head in her hands, she smiled up at him. ?It will be a unique and noble nose, just like the man who wears it.?

Suddenly, his nose did not hurt quite so much

Aw, mush. =D= [face_laugh]

5. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    [face_laugh] Tahl is just great! [face_laugh]

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A joy to read again.

I could never be ordinary,? he protested. ?The size of my feet alone precludes that possibility.?

She glanced down at his boots. ?I suppose you?re right there, Qui-Gon.?

LOL love that line.

7. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005

Suddenly, his nose did not hurt quite so much.

Aw, [face_love] ...lovely!

Nicely done.

8. Valandhir

Valandhir Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2006
    Nicely done. I usually avoid stories with Qui Gon, because I stumbled across many crap over the time, but this one cured me. Thanks!

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005

Awww...what a way to soften the blow!

Wonderful story

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. Deiana

Deiana Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2006
    *contented sigh*
    I love stories with Qui-Gon in them.Too bad he and Jango never meet...[face_love]

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Layren Thanks! Glad you liked it! :D

DarthIshtar Thanks! [face_mischief]

Valairy_Scot He's a sucker for a compliment. [face_laugh]

Fifilla Glad you liked her. :p

Healer_Leona How true, but I love his big feet. [face_love]

Kestrel_Kenobi Thank you! :)

Valandhir I'm glad you liked it.

KELIA He needed a bit of coddling. :p

Deiana An interesting plot bunny! ;)

12. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    This was such a cute vignette and so real.[face_batting] I must confess I rolled laughing at my husband when he hit his head on an extremely low porch beam, the whole house rang like a bell. He didn't kill me or divorce me.:D

13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Big nose and big feet, I liked it . Looking for more Qui Obi Tahl stories

14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    LOL that was great!

15. Luminara_Kenobi

Luminara_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 6, 2006
    Wonderful, I loved it!

[face_love] Qui and Tahl

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Lea-El I've done something like that myself. I won't say whether it's hitting my head or laughing. [face_whistling]

earlybird-obi-wan Thanks!

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Thank you. :)

Luminara_Kenobi Glad you liked it. :p

17. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    =D= Oh, this is lovely! And the end lines... so sweet [face_love] (and true IMO :D )

It's a shame there are so few Qui/Tahl stories

18. XANl

XANl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    I always thought that there was no one tall enough to see Jinn's nose.[face_laugh]

Even though Jinn is happy that he can lean on Tahl, Tahl is making him feel very special.!
    So now Qui Gon feels his broken nose is more noble!

Great. That story show just how much they care about each other![face_love]

19. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oh dear, Tahl breaking Qui-Gon's poor nose. Of course he wants the old one back! But it will be noble anyway, because it is Qui-Gon's nose. :)

20. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Think of all the pampering she will give him for
    breaking his nose.[:D]
    He might think it was worth it later.:p

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.