main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Higher than Hope -ROTS AU (Ani/Obi/Qui/Padmé/Palpy/Siri) - Chapter 5 now up! + coverart

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Father-in-law, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Title: Higher than Hope
    Timeframe: Revenge of the Sith
    Main characters: Anakin Skywalker, Qui-gon Jinn, Obi-wan Kenobi, Palpatine/Darth Sidious, Padmé Amidala-Skywalker
    Minor characters: Mace Windu, Yoda, Bail Organa, Siri Tachi
    Locale: Coruscant, Utapau, Mustafar
    Genre: drama, action, angst, thriller, romance
    Summary: This is ROTS AU where Qui-gon is alive. I won?t say anything else!

Here comes the story I talked about. First I warn you, this story follows a very wicked plotline, that can disturb some of the readers. There will be angst, though it?s not noticed from the first chapters. A happy ending doesn?t seem to fit this story at all, so I advice to prepare for tragic events. I try to get my master to beta read this story, but she?s very busy, so if that doesn?t work, I apologize the grammatical mistakes: english is not my first or best language.
    Please, comment and tell me do I continue this. Constructive critism is always welcome, remember that tolerance to critism has always been my strength.
    Thank you, and please let me know what you think.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Coverart, made by me. [face_batting]

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/her_infernal_supervision/coverart.jpg]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

This wonderful song inspired me to do this story:

?Higher than hope? by Nightwish

Time it took the most of me
    And left me with no key
    To unlock the chest of remedy
    Mother, the pain ain?t hurting me
    But the love that I feel
    When you hold me near

The hopes were high
    The choirs were vast
    Now my dreams are left to live through you

Red Sun rising
    Drown without inhaling
    Within, the dark holds hard

Passiontide
    An angel by my side
    But no Christ to end this war
    To deliver my soul from the sword
    Hope has shown me a scenery
    Paradise poetry
    With first snow I?ll be gone

The hopes were high
    The choirs were vast
    Now my dreams are left to live through you

Red Sun rising
    Drown without inhaling
    Within, the dark holds hard
    Red Sun rising
    Curtain falling
    Higher than hope my cure lies

I would just like to think that, it's not why it happened to me. But why was I saved? What else can I do now?

Your death saved me

being in the dark about something, I can?t even tell you about experience, I can?t even tell you how scary it is. You don?t know what?s inside you; you don?t know what?s going to happen to you. The best way to put somebody at ease is to forfeit, even if it?s the grim truth.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Prologue

At this day, when our people?s beloved leader, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine was saved from our cut-throat enemies, separatists and their leader figure General Grievous? hands, is our time to celebrate. Both General Grievous and our long hunted public enemy Count Dooku have faced their victors, and who else they would be than the prides of the galaxy, our fearless, beloved heroes, Obi-wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker.

They have again showed their phenomenal courage and sense of justice by doing almost inhumanly selfless deed: by braving their destinies they were ready to sacrifice their own lives because of our leader. They are the light of our society, the pride of our society, and as the representatives of their own order they are most exemplary.

We are in forever debt of gratitude to them, in a debt we haven?t been for centuries. Though it?s needless to think that these saint-like heroes would ask for some reward, they are too humble and polite for thing like that, but nevertheless we want to remunerate them, even with a small celebration, that is dedicated to no one but them.

You all, who are feeling great gratitude, compassion, love, or anything else, come and honor the bravest and the most handsome men in this galaxy.
    The Negotiator and the Hero with No Fear merit your thanks and attention.

Come tonight to the Senate building, because also the senators, those taciturnly reasonable politicians, a

2. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    =D= =D= =D= wounderful start.

Yay, it?s here, I read the trailer for this and it defiantly made me want to read this. And even after the prologue, I can say that I want to read more and soon[face_praying].

You all, who are feeling great gratitude, compassion, love, or anything else, come and honor the bravest and the most handsome men in this galaxy.

Amen, to that, sorry, couldn?t help myself;).

Oh, and can you pm me when you update? Thanx[:D].

3. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    Excellent start, I'm intrigued to see where this is going. Please write more soon, and can you PM me when you update? Thanks very much.

4. Darth_Father-in-law

Jul 17, 2005
    Star_Angel: Thank you, you always get the first post. ;)
    It's nice to hear you liked the trailer, and this prologue, because you have absolutely no idea what's going to happen in this story. I managed to shock even myself. :p
    And yes, that was the only truth I had in this beginning. But not the grim truth, as the song says. :D
    I will PM you when I update. I like sending PMs.

Iaranon: Thanks, you sure are. :D
    I realy try to update this soon, but don't expect miracles from me. I will add you to the PM list, I also like adding people to it. (I know I'm weird...)

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Qui-Gon alive? A great start! ;)

Looking forward to more! =D=

6. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    Most interesting...

7. Darth_Father-in-law

Jul 17, 2005
    VaderLVR64 - Yes, qui-gon is more alive than ever before! ;) He will have a significant part in this story.
    Thanks!

cdmcc - Thank you, I promise this will be. Quite tangled and evil, though...

8. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Interesting start.. add me to the pm list.

9. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    =D= Very cool start! It definately shows more of a a brothely relationship between Anakin and Obi-wan. It also shows somehting of a more serious character in Anakin, and Obi-wan a bit more perky if you will. Is that coincidental, or resulting of Qui-Gon not dying? Since it appears the Clone Wars are over, I am curious to know where you will take this story!

I definately want PMs with updates, if you please? ;)

10. delta-7starfighter

delta-7starfighter Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    sounds cool...i would like to see more
    add me to the pm list

11. Darth_Father-in-law

Jul 17, 2005
    FitJedi - Thanks...I hope this will be interesting in the future as well. You have been added to the PM list!

Dahlia_Santary - Thanks! It does, and I think it's not a coincidence. You will see that Qui-gon being alive has affected many things and persons. Clone Wars are over, but one villain is still alive...
    I will PM you when I update!

delta-7starfighter - Thanks. Cool...hot would be better word. :p
    You have been added to it!

12. LoveAnakin1

LoveAnakin1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    great start
    could i be on your pm list?

13. Darth_Father-in-law

Jul 17, 2005
    LoveAnakin1 - Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. I have added you to the PM list! :)

14. Darth_Father-in-law

Jul 17, 2005
    Hello my readers! Here comes the chapter one: beginning to the story. I?m glad so many responded after the prologue, which showed nothing about the coming story, except some things that may be different. As Qui-gon is alive, many characters have different kind of nature. I?ll say that you?ll notice some differences. Like, Obi-wan is a bit more brotherly with Anakin, only because they never had that father-son- relation.
    Well, I hope you like this chapter, please let me know what you think.
    Have a nice day! :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Chapter one: Some happy families...

A big, impressive Senate building known also as sight and landmark, stood firmly in the most pulsating place in big planet of Coruscant, casting its shadow to every ship and creature that went by. It was afternoon, quite ordinary one, and people were striving hardly with their important jobs. Particularly the prevailing situation in the galaxy caused lot of work to senators, who possibly worked just then in their offices or were talking in the Senate hall. And what else their subject would be than ? war.

Anyhow, there seemed to be quite exceptional atmosphere, somehow joyous in consideration of the situation in the galaxy. Ambience was obviously a bit more casual, and the anguish that floated in the air like a dark cloud cover, was gone. People were dashing to the Senate building, and there were twice more of them than usually.

Among the crowd there wandered a man, who was wearing a heavy robe, and had a hood putted deeply, hiding his features. That man was moving secretively, like sneaking ? or spying someone.
    However, he just wanted to remain unidentified, therefore his identity was somewhat valuable information to the local media.
    He was after all the teacher, mentor, father and the master of the most known Jedi Knights in the galaxy. And he surmised, what was going on in the Senate.
    In the midst of those eager people Qui-gon Jinn, valued and experienced Jedi Master, felt himself old for the first time in his life. Indeed he was quite old, nothing compared to Master Yoda or even Master Windu, but nevertheless. He had already trained two Jedi, which from the other was in his fourth decade, the other just somewhat over twenty.
    His hair was already fairly grey, and his face was furrowed by wrinkles, but he had never before felt himself old. His mental age seemed to be somehow in imbalance with his physical condition, not because he would felt himself weak, but chiefly for his looks. Maybe those two Jedi, who he had trained since their days as little boys, made him mentally so young.

Qui-gon finally found his way to the Senate building?s door, where guards stood proudly and statue-like, hardly even interested to what was happening outside.
    He greeted guards and all those senators he thought had even once saw, but he said no word to the enthusiastic mob. He just laughed inside his hood how his old protégés aroused so many feelings: envy among the soldiers, approval in the other Jedi knights, admiration in the younglings who desperately wanted to be their padawans, fancy in the ladies, and the most important: pride in him. He wasn?t going to that celebration to scream and worship the war heroes; he just wanted to see his sons, tell them how proud he was. He just wanted to know everything was all right.

At last, when he found that room where the party was going, he ventured to take his hood away and reveal his face to everyone. Some people ? the senators, Jedi Knights and the ordinary people ? glanced at him, some esteeming, and some despising. Qui-gon could for his own delight notice that there were some acquaintances like Aayla Secura, Ki-Adi Mundi, Bail Organa, Siri Tachi and Padmé Amidala. He was pleased to see all of them, because they all were his good friends, just like his former apprentices?. From the last above-mentioned he noticed one surprising but pleasant fact: she was pregnant. Senator Padmé Amidala didn?t even try to hide her pregnancy which was at least

15. Darth_Vastor

Darth_Vastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    I just came across this story as I was browsing through the New Stories Index. I decided to check it out, and I'm very glad I did. It's truly intriguing and well written, with all the characterizations in place, and touches of humor in there to keep readers immersed. The idea of Qui-Gon being alive during ROTS is a great one that I haven't seen enough of.

I have a very good feeling about this story. Keep up the great work!

16. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, I loved it.

[face_thinking] Hmm, I must say that I am a bit suspicious about Palpatine and Obi- Wans conversation but maybe it?s just the fact that Palpy is the evil one, I do hope that everyone stays away from him, but I have the feeling that they won?t:rolleyes:.

Thank you for the pm[:D], I can't wait to read more.

17. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    I have said it before. Any fiction where Qui-Gon still lives is for me!

Great job, I will be keeping up with this one. If you do Pm's will you PM me? My life took a strange turn lately and I just get very busy and don't notice!

18. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    So many twists and turns in that one. A little A/P mush, a little Siri and Obi-wan.. great as always.

19. anakinsangelover

anakinsangelover Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2006
    Awsome story so far [face_claps] I like the idea of qui gon still alive. Anyway can u add me to your pm list I wanna know what happens next

20. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    Excellent post, I love the way you always tell what the character is feeling at any given moment. I'm confused though, because Anakin and Padme seem to be flaunting their relationship, which doesn't fit, unless the Jedi Order suddenly became a lot more liberal. I thought Siri's flirting with Anakin was pretty funny too, she's a bit old for him but seeing her with Obi-Wan would be good. Hope you update soon.

21. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    which from the other was in his fourth decade

I was about to say that Obi-Wan was only in his late 30's until I realized that would indeed put him in his fourth decade. [face_blush]

I'm really interested to see where you take this!

22. delta-7starfighter

delta-7starfighter Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    There was still one villain who was alive, and completely free to do what he had always wanted.
    [face_worried] uh-oh

23. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Seems Qui-Gon has his hands full with the Sith buisness.

Great update!

24. Darth_Father-in-law

Jul 17, 2005
    This is just a small author note.

I have to say about the situation in my life. DRL is quite bad at the moment. School is driving me crazy, as well as numerous other things. Homeworks, exams, hobbies, summer job, discources, and the extreme tiredness that my allergy medicines are causing me, are keeping me unable to update this as often as I planned to.

It's three weeks and my summer holiday begin, but before that, prepare for delays. I'll do the replies as soon as I can, but I want you to be patient. I won't abandon this story, nor put it to break, I just have no time.

I promise to return as soon as possible to update this story. Thanks for reading it so far, I love you all!

25. Darth_Father-in-law

Jul 17, 2005
    A/N: Hi again! I will be updating soon, or should I say, as soon as possible. To understand my terrible delay, I suggest reading previous note, and trying to sympathize with it. Things are now better: I have more time and energy than ever before.
    At the previous chapter there came many new things, and that maybe was a bit confusing. I can say that the couple of next chapters will be quite same, as I have to make clear the coming things, as well as to create a base to them. So, if you are confused, it?s normal. Just wait until the plot begins to clear.
    Then, characters' relationships can be different than in RotS. One of you was confused about the Padmé ? Anakin ? relation, because we know in RotS they never even met in the public places. In my story, you?ll find that the Jedi Order are more liberal in some things, and vice versa more conservative in some cases. Yet, they?d never accept marriage, so knowing about Padmé and Anakin?s marriage would be a shock. Anakin and Padme are pretending to be just friends, very good friends. Most of the people don?t of course think that Anakin is the father of Padmé?s child, yet they know they have warm relations. As you will see, someone?s going to suspect something about their relation. But, just for you to know, that?s not common.

Darth_Vastor - Thanks for your kind words, it means a lot to me to hear this pleases you. I hope to keep you interested in the future as well. This idea has been haunting me for a long time, so it was quite a matter of time to start this story. Thanks for reading! :)

Star_Angel - Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. You have your suspicions, and I have to say those are not groundless. Palpy will mess things up once again, and everyone will be stupid enough to be on his side. You're welcome, more is coming soon! :)

Noelie - I'm glad to have a new reader! I will do PM's and PM you when I update, and update will come soon. Thanks for reading! :)

FitJedi - There will be even more twists and turns in the next two chappies. Thanks for reading, and for your nice comments!

anakinsangelover - Thank you. I'm glad you like the idea, it will change many things in everyone's lives. I will PM you when I update. Thanks for reading! :)

Iaranon - Thanks very much, I'm happy that you liked it. I tried to give some desperate explanation with the author note, but I hope you didn't get more confused. :D Siri's place will clear in next chapters, you will see. Thanks for reading, more is coming soon!

Fat_Bird - [face_laugh] Yes, indeed. Thanks for reading! :)

delta-7starfighter - Good that you are nervous, because Palpy will show how evil he can be. Not yet, but soon. Thanks for reading! :)

Dahlia_Santary - Indeed he has, and the future doesn't seem bright with that thing. Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.