main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Hollow Threats - AU Vig- Obi/Xan/Qui

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Title: Hollow Threats
    Author(s): obi_ew
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Xanatos, Qui-Gon
    Genre: AU
    Notes: Thanks to Red and Yodan for the evil ideas and Noi for the look-see. This is a response to the dare challenge on Jello Anarchy

Hollow Threats

Careful to make certain his cloak was fastened closed, Xanatos? hand convulsed around the hilt of his lightsaber as he studied the man who moved ahead of him. It would be so easy to strike the annoying brat down before the Jedi was even aware of his impending doom. Xanatos could almost taste the thrill of victory as his blade sizzled through layers of tissue and vital organs and hear the gurgling noise the younger man would make as blood bubbled in his throat, suffocating him.

The dark one cautioned himself to be patient, his hand relaxing even as it maintained contact with his ?saber. Almost as if sensing his dark thoughts, the Jedi came to a stop and turned to eye him with a blatantly suspicious look. Gazes locked, they stared one another down, waves of loathing and distrust hanging between them like a veil. Neither was happy with the current situation that forced them to work together and spend time in close contact with one another.

It had been blackmail plain and simple, no matter what fancy label the Jedi chose to put on it. Xanatos had tried to move on with his life after numerous failed attempts to get revenge on his former Jedi Master. He had sweat blood and tears to turn Offworld around after his father had bankrupt the family company in order to finance his doomed run at planetary rule of Telos. It had been yet another cruel twist of fate that had brought the Jedi careening back into Xanatos? life.

Qui-Gon Jinn and his brat apprentice had managed to get themselves caught in the midst of a heated battle between rival spice dealers. Kenobi had barely made it off planet alive, forced to leave his beloved mentor behind while he went for help. The Council had somehow linked Xanatos to both sides while gathering information for the mission docket and once Kenobi had contacted them with details of the failed mission, the Council had been quick to coerce the Senate into forcing Xanatos to aid them.

In lieu of being slapped on a prison freighter for the remainder of his days, Xanatos had the choice to help negotiate for Jinn?s release. He had also been forced to pay the Jedi Order obscene lumps of restitution payments for his past actions against them. His pleas for clemency had been ignored, the Senate seemingly uncaring that they were in essence driving Offworld into the ground. His coffers were still weak from the abuse they?d taken in the past and this would only deplete them once again. He was destitute.

Now the final indignity was being played out. He was being forced to help save the man who had destroyed his life, working in tandem with his replacement. It was a slap in the face that he would not stand for. The thought strengthened his resolve as he stared into Kenobi?s serene gaze.

"What are you staring at?" His snapped question had the younger man?s lips tightening even further than they already had been.

"I was just going to comment that it seems a bit strange we have not run into any resistance."

The dulcet Core World voice grated on Xanatos?s nerves. "Force Kenobi, you're so stiff it's a wonder you don't squeak when you walk. If you must know every detail, I sent ahead a transmission suggesting that the responsible party depart before we arrived if they valued their worthless lives."

Multi-faceted eyes widened in outraged shock. "You allowed them to escape?"

A careless shrug of the darksiders shoulders as he lifted a hand to study well manicured nails. "It wasn?t my responsibility to apprehend them. You are the keeper of the peace."

Xanatos felt a thrill of pleasure as he lifted his gaze to watch Kenobi struggle with his anger. Hands forming into balled fists, teeth gritted, the younger man nearly vibrated wit

2. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Ooh. I like this. Grabbed my attention!

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Superb fic, even if you did still kill off Qui-Gon :p

Still the same old Xanatos. Blind to his own faults to the end.

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    A split second of deafening silence followed before the entire room exploded in a geyser of debris.

They're all dead?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You did a great job capturing Xanatos' evil nature.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    you evil girl! That was so dark Xani. I loved it!

6. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Barely had time to catch this one today, but I'm ever so glad I did. Awesome as ever! =D=

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_shame_on_you] You broke my Obi! And my Xanatos! :eek: And they're so adorable. :_|

The dulcet Core World voice grated on Xanatos?s nerves. "Force Kenobi, you're so stiff it's a wonder you don't squeak when you walk. If you must know every detail, I sent ahead a transmission suggesting that the responsible party depart before we arrived if they valued their worthless lives."

[face_laugh] That's so Xan.

But still, you killed my boys! [face_shame_on_you] :_|

8. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    What a great story! And that end... It blew me away! :p

Wonderful Job! =D=

9. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    I still love it. Perfect ending.

10. Sotanax

Sotanax Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2005
    :eek::eek::eek:

Xan will do anything to be able to exact his revenge. Now three sexy men are dead! :_|

11. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :oops: Yikes! Forgive me for being so slow at replies. I?m old and forgot I?d posted this here. [face_blush]

bmwgurl17: Ooh. I like this. Grabbed my attention!

Thanks so much. :) I adore Xan and enjoy any chance of working him into a story with Obi-Wan.

Leona: Still the same old Xanatos. Blind to his own faults to the end.

Yup. His arrogance is one of his best features don?t you think? [face_batting]

KELIA: You did a great job capturing Xanatos' evil nature.

Thanks! I tend to write him more light side so this was fun. :D

PK: you evil girl! That was so dark Xani. I loved it!

We do love our dark Xan, don?t we? [face_love]

DL: Barely had time to catch this one today, but I'm ever so glad I did. Awesome as ever!

Thanks dear. :)

VL: You broke my Obi! And my Xanatos! And they're so adorable.

I know! :_| But at least they were together when they went kabloo. :*

Yodan: What a great story! And that end... It blew me away!

Haha! [face_laugh] You are such a funny guy.

RRK: I still love it. Perfect ending.

Thank you Oh Evil One. [face_mischief]

Sotanax: Now three sexy men are dead!

Three? I only count two. Obi and Xan. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.