main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A matter of honor--Young Obi/Qui-gon vignette, somewhat JemmiahChroniclesish--Vignette 58

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Note: This fits into something of a backstory for Balking at a Winter Wonderland.
    "Absolutely not."

It was difficult to tell if Qui-Gon was more dismayed by what his Padawan had been asked to do or by the apparent glee Obi-Wan exhibited in keeping it a secret. After all, a Master should be able to trust his Padawan in all situations and a Padawan who was prone to follow every idle suggestion of the addle-brained was not one that could be considered sensible.

"You cannot dispute the wisdom of a Jedi Master," Obi-Wan protested, "and this is with the blessing of the Jedi Council."

"I don't care if it's with the blessing of the gods!" Qui-Gon snapped. "It is a dishonorable and vicious thing to impose on a thirteen-year-old boy."

Obi-Wan fumed for a silent moment at the 'boy' jibe, but kept his voice steady. "This is because you don't trust me," he sulked.

"Trust you?" Qui-Gon repeated. "Obi-Wan, I wouldn't trust Master Yoda with this assignment!"

That seemed to mollify him slightly, since he knew the high esteem in which Qui-Gon held Master Yoda. A moment later, he was back to sulking.

Typical teenager.

Instead of trying to argue the point, he went in search of food.

"We're not done here," Qui-Gon snapped. "I won't relent until you agree to call it off."

"Not a chance," Obi-Wan said, heading with a mouthful of custard into his bedroom and slamming the door.

He sighed heavily, knowing that he had most likely lost more than one battle here.

Just why the Council thought a hormonal adolescent would be the perfect subject for this year's kissing booth, he would never know.

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    This is not the Obi-Wan that has issues with attachment, is it?[face_laugh]

3. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Maybe they kiss Padawans half to death when they're young, so they get so sick of it they never want to try it again? :p

Qui-Gon the stern and concerned father is strangely cute--I don't know why. Obi-Wan is always cute. :p

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Kissing booth??[face_laugh][face_laugh]:_|:_|=D==D=

Loved how... 'enthusiastic' Obi-Wan was about it. Maybe Siri Tachi will get in line multiple times. ;) No, this isn't a Kenobi who doesn't like attachments, no.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Noelie--Well, I think not. He's emerging-hormones Obi-Wan.

ophelia--That was pretty much the entire idea behind Cruel and Unusual Romance. In that, Obi-Wan gets paired with the nymphomaniac Gand on his first date... I like Qui-Gon as the stern and concerned father. Somehow, I can picture it on the guy who was seriously daddyish in TPM.

RK_Striker_JK_5--LOL. Yeah, enthusiastic is a dangerous thing to be in this sort of endeavor.

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    This was really good - I liked both Obi-Wan's and Qui-Gon's attitudes and your opening was great. Beautiful job.

7. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] highely entertaining!!!

ALthough, disturbing to even THINK of Yoda in a kissing booth...

8. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Good one, Ish! This was funny. [face_laugh]

Just why the Council thought a hormonal adolescent would be the perfect subject for this year's kissing booth, he would never know.

You have to wonder about the wisdom of the council, eh?

9. TheLurker

TheLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    I know that I, for one, would line up multiple times ;) I think it's a great idea :p

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Valairy_Scot--LOL, glad you liked the opening. It was chancy! Thanks!

JediKlea--LOL, apparently. Yes, very disturbing to think of Yoda smooching away.

brodiew--thanks, brods! Wisdom of the council, my gnarled little foot!

TheLurker--As would I! Thanks!

11. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    This was sooo cute!~I wish I was in line at that kissing both...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.