main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fall of Light (AU, JA, Obi, Qui angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Neon Star, Apr 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    The Fall of Light (AU, JA, Obi, Qui angst)

They came through, warriors dressed in black. They were being lead by their leader, Xanatos. The Jedi were caught off guard by the sudden attack. Many stood their ground when the attackers came. Some did run, warning the others that intruders had entered the Temple. Qui-gon Jinn felt his former apprentice?s presence and knew what had happened. He quickly made his way down the halls, ready to kill or be killed. This would be their last confrontation. His Padawan, Obi-wan Kenobi, tried to keep up with him. The boy had also felt the fallen Jedi and knew he would fight to the death for his Master. They came to a corridor. Qui-gon looked toward his Padawan. He felt the determination rolling off the young man. He knew he couldn?t let Obi-wan fight Xanatos.

?Obi-wan, you must get out of here,? Qui-gon said softly.

?But, Master, I won?t leave you here,? Obi-wan said.

?I will be fine, get out of here. Try to join up with the other Padawan?s and the others. I will be there soon. Now get out of here,? Qui-gon said.

The intruders came around the corner and leveled their blasters at them. But Xanatos pushed forward, a cold grin on his face.

?Ahh, my dear former Master, prepared for your death?? Xanatos said coldly.

?Go,? Qui-gon said and turned back to meet his foe.

Obi-wan was torn from staying with his Master and running. Then he felt a hard push send him flying away. Qui-gon blocked the blow Xanatos had tried to make. Xanatos turned and tried to get the older Knight?s legs. But Qui-gon lept away and almost took off the other?s head. They circled each other, waiting for a weakness.

One of the intruders that had been with Xanatos shot at Obi-wan, missing by only centimeters. Suddenly Qui-gon glanced at Obi-wan. Xanatos dove in to slash at Qui-gon. Qui-gon was a split second too slow and the blade hit home.

?Nooooo!? Obi-wan screamed as he saw his Master fell.

*Go, Obi-wan!* Qui-gon?s voice sounded in his mind.

His eyes fell again on his fallen Master then he turned and ran for his life.

2. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    WOW!! Great beginning Star!!!!

3. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Thanks for the comment, OTK!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*

Obi-wan had never been as scared and as angry in his life, until then. He had found his friend Bant after he had left the death scene of his Master. He ran, pulling his friend Bant behind him. Blaster fire rang around them, hitting the walls and almost hitting them. Others ran beside them, fear showing on their young faces as they ran. Some of the blaster shots hit their marks and Obi-wan tried to ignore the screams as some fell. He pushed back the tears as he ran. He wanted to stay and fight to avenge his Master?s death, but his promise to his Master still rang in his ears. He promised him he would try to stay alive.

He burst out into the cool night air of Coruscant and kept running. A few blocks later, he stopped and the few that had escaped stopped with him. He heard the tears and whimpers of them all. He noticed that he was the oldest as well. He heard an explosion behind him and looked back. His heart twisted as the Temple went up in flames. Then it was torn from him when he felt his Master?s link with him abruptly cut. He turned away, trying to keep strong under the emotional strain. If it weren?t for Bant who stood beside him, her arm around him, holding him as he was holding her, he would have broken down.

?Come on, we have to find a place to hide until Xanatos and his wolves stop looking for us,? he said.

?Shut up, Padawan to the traitor,? one of the younger Padawans snapped.

It stung to hear his Master being called that, but he had to ignore it for now.

?I agree, we need to find shelter soon. We can?t blame Obi-wan for another?s mistakes,? Bant said softly, but everyone heard her.

He thanked the Force for Bant; she always could get a group to band together.

Others murmured their agreement. They helped each other up and started to follow him to a place to hide.

4. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    I must agree..... WOW.....

MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE...need I go on? ;) :p

Kim B

5. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    uppers...... hoping desperately more are coming soon...

Kim B :)

6. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Thanks for the comments!

This is a little repeat of the the first post.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Obi-wan stood watching the entrance while the others slept. His heart and soul were raging too much to sleep. His eyes were haunted and dim.

*Why?* he asked pleadingly, but no answer came.

He was now in charge of a ragged group of children. What could he do? Half of him still wished he had died with his Master. Half of him knew he had to survive, not for himself, but also the others sleeping behind him.

His mind flashed back to those last few moments with his Master.

?Obi-wan, you must get out of here,? Qui-gon said softly.

?But, Master, I won?t leave you here,? Obi-wan said.

?I will be fine, get out of here. Try to join up with the other Padawans and the others. I will be there soon. Now get out of here,? Qui-gon said.

The intruders came around the corner and leveled their blasters at them. But Xanatos pushed forward, a cold grin on his face.

?Ahh, my dear former Master, prepared for your death?? Xanatos said coldly.

?Go,? Qui-gon said and turned back to meet his foe.

Obi-wan was torn from staying with his Master and running. Then he felt a hard push send him flying away. Qui-gon blocked the blow Xanatos had tried to make. Xanatos turned and tried to get the older Knight?s legs. But Qui-gon lept away and almost took off the other?s head. They circled each other, waiting for a weakness.

One of the intruders that had been with Xanatos shot at Obi-wan, missing by only centimeters. Suddenly Qui-gon glanced at Obi-wan. Xanatos dove in to slash at Qui-gon. Qui-gon was a split second too slow and the blade hit home.

?Nooooo!? Obi-wan screamed as he saw his Master fell.

*Go, Obi-wan!* Qui-gon?s voice sounded in his mind.

His eyes fell again on his fallen Master then he turned and ran for his life.

Obi-wan raced away, leaving behind his only strength and life.

The tears slipped down his cheeks as he remembered it. What was he going to do now?

7. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Morning slipped in. Qui-gon opened his eyes and groaned as he looked around. He was surprised that he was still alive. He just hoped that Obi-wan was alive.

?How do you feel, old friend?? a voice asked him.

He looked up into the face of his long time friend, Mace Windu.

?I have felt better. What happened?? he asked weakly.

?Xanatos has taken over the Temple. Only a few of us escaped. I found you near the Temple. I think Xanatos thought he had killed you and got ride of you. But you are going to be all right,? Mace said.

?Where is Obi-wan?? Qui-gon asked.

?We don?t know. We haven?t been able to find any of the Padawan?s and younger children. But we will keep looking. For now, you need to rest,? Mace said softly.

The news and the cold feeling he got from the bond troubled qui-gon. But he nodded and shut his eyes. He was soon asleep.

8. The Jedi Princess

The Jedi Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 1999
    Wow! I'm really liking this. Please continue.
    :) :) :)

9. Lil_June_Bug

Lil_June_Bug Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2001
    AHHHHHH. poor everyone!!!! :(

more.

10. HannahBates

HannahBates Jedi Grand Master star 1

Feb 20, 2001
    I'm very relieved that Qui made it out alive. Now he has to find Obi so that we can have a mushy reunion scene.

NeonStar, I don't know how you manage to juggle so many stories at once, but please don't drop this one!

Hannah

11. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    How did I miss all these posts????????

12. The Jedi Princess

The Jedi Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 1999
    Please post more!!!!

13. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    more, please

14. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001

I'm very very curious to know why the Padawans think Qui-Gon is a traitor. It doesn't seem Mace feels that way.

Much angst for Obi, to think his master's dead. Poor Obi!

Nasty-bad Xanatos!

15. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Obi-wan awoke earlier then the others. He checked to see if any of Xanatos?s troops were still looking for them. No one was near the area. He sighed and sat back. They were going to need to find food soon, and a better shelter. But what could be done? Xanatos?s troops would come looking he knew that.

He heard a noise behind him. He turned around and came face to face with the Padawan that had called his Master a traitor.

?I am sorry about last night,? the small boy said.

?It?s all right, but why did you call my Master a traitor?? Obi-wan asked.

?Because he trained that Sith. But I guess you can?t blame the man for the other guy?s mistake,? the Padawan said.

?What?s your name?? Obi-wan asked.

?Dev,? the boy said.

?Well, Padawan Dev, it?s all right. But you should be getting some rest. We are going to have to get moving when morning comes,? Obi-wan said.

Dev nodded and went back to where he had been sleeping.

16. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Ahhh, Qui-Gon lives. Now if only he and Obi can get back together.

17. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    yay! they are all alive more! please?

18. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    That morning the small group of Padawans and younger children quietly slipped out of their hiding place in groups. They were careful to avoid the public as they searched for food. As soon as they found a little, they quickly made their way back with it. Soon everyone was back.

Obi-wan frowned slightly as the meager amount of food they had. He hoped he could split it so that everyone got some. He split it up as best as he could and everyone took a share. It wasn?t much but they all knew that it would have to do.

Suddenly they felt a dark presence coming. They all knew who it was.

?Everyone, get out of here. Regroup later,? Obi-wan quietly ordered.

The Padawans and the younger children quickly made their way out of the building. Running from Xanatos and his henchmen. Obi-wan was the last to leave.

19. Abbi_Cee

Jul 3, 2000
    Uh oh. Is it Qui-Gon to the rescue time yet? I hope Obi manages to get away.

20. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    Neon Star post here!

21. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    They raced out of the small building and into the streets. Xanatos and his men spotted them and started shooting. Some got hit along the way, but most ducked into alleyways and escaped. Obi-wan raced down one alleyway and found him trapped by a dead end. He turned and was about to go back when he noticed a figure standing in the other end.

?Well, this is interesting. I seem to have finally caught Qui-gon?s brat a day after I kill him, the Force is kind,? Xanatos said as he stepped forward, a sadistic smile on his face.

Obi-wan pulled out his lightsaber and activated it.

?What are you going to do, Kenobi, strike me down? You forget I was trained by the same person as you,? Xanatos said.

Suddenly he lunged at Obi-wan, his red lightsaber activated and in his hand. He drove Obi-wan to the wall but Obi-wan struck back, giving himself some room. He ducked under Xanatos?s slashes and drove for an under blow. Xanatos blocked Obi-wan?s blow, but not before the young Jedi had struck a burning slash into his chest. It was only a flesh wound, but it burned. Xanatos tried to ignore it and dove at the Jedi. Obi-wan flipped over him and was ready for another move when a stun beam hit him. He collapsed into the muck. Xanatos stood and looked at his fallen adversary.

?Take him back to the Temple, he may be useful,? Xanatos ordered.

The man who had stunned Obi-wan nodded and hauled the boy up. He then followed Xanatos toward the Temple.

22. Jedi-Faith

Jedi-Faith Jedi Master star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    Ahhh!! Cliffhanger!!! :D Wonderful story!

Don't leave us hanging like in Blood for Tears (and btw, there's a bunch of us all hanging over there, praying for a post soon *hint, hint* :D) As for this story, please post more!!

23. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    GAH! NO! Obi-Wan is in the hands of Xanatos! AHHHH!

24. Abbi_Cee

Jul 3, 2000
    Being in the hands of Xanatos doesn't look good for Obi-Wan, and what will the youngsters who are depending on him do? More?

25. Broken-Sabre

Broken-Sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    I hope Qui-Gon find Obi soon, Poor Obi. Great story so far though. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.