main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Where is the Force?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kalujinn, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kalujinn

kalujinn Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2006
    Title: Where is the Force?
    Author: kalujinn
    Timeframe: Before the Saga
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Mace, Garen
    Genre: Humor
    Rating: G

The sound of running footsteps echoed through the hallways of the Jedi Temple. The young boy glanced over his shoulder, then slowed his pace a bit, confident that he had eluded the angry cook who was in pursuit of him. As he rounded the corner, he ran directly into a tall man clad in field tunics and a dark brown robe. It was like running into a wall. The boy bounced off the man and landed in a heap. The boy's gaze traveled up and up the form before him until he reached the man's face. He was old. By the looks of his wrinkles, he was very old. His long brown hair was drawn back from his face with a leather thong, and he wore a neatly trimmed beard and mustache.

"Obi-Wan!" Master Windu's voice drew the boy his attention. Observing the cross look on the man's face, he leapt up and bowed respectfully to the Council member. "Master Jinn, our resident holy terror, initiate Obi-Wan Kenobi."

The boy bowed to the other man, who acknowledged his gesture with a slight nod. Then, remembering the stolen cookies he held in one hand, he began sidling away from the two men.

"Just a minute, young man," Mace's words drew him up short.

"Yes, Master Windu?" he asked, his high voice quivering a bit.

"I believe Master Jinn might have a question for you. You see, Master Jinn," the dark-skinned man turned to his companion, "Obi-Wan has acquired quite a reputation in this upcoming class. He's very bright and learns quickly. However, he tends to get into a good bit of trouble, he and his friend Garen. Seems they are pranksters, those two."

"I see," the other man remarked, his voice soft and cultured. "You should be wary, young man, of giving into temptations to be naughty. Naughtiness leads to the dark side."

Obi-Wan did not see the amused look that crossed Master Windu's face briefly. He gulped as the tall man crouched before him, bringing himself into eye level with Obi-Wan.

"I have a very serious question for you, Initiate," Qui-Gon said, a solemn look upon his face. "Tell me. Where is the Force?"

Obi-Wan gasped, looking from Master Jinn to Master Windu and back again. He could not reply.

"Obi-Wan. Tell Master Jinn. Where is the Force?" Master Windu prompted him again, expecting the initiate to recite the basic tenet of the Jedi code.

Obi-Wan stood gaping, shaking his head back and forth in mute distress.

"Obi-Wan," Master Windu's tone was much more powerful this time, demanding an answer. "Where. Is. The. Force?"

Obi-Wan trembled briefly, then turned and fled in panic. As he rounded the corner, he heard Master Windu call out to him, "If you don't know, maybe your friend Garen does. Ask him!"

"Really, Mace," the other man said, his voice fading in the distance, "If you're going to work with the initiates, you might consider growing your hair. That bald look is quite intimidating."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Obi-Wan dashed into the dormitory room, and slamming the door, leaned against it panting.

"What's wrong?" Garen asked, looking up from his desk.

"Dude, we're in *big* trouble this time! The Force is missing and they think we did it!"

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    [face_laugh]

I did not expect that ending at all. That was perfect. I'm still laughing as I'm typing this.

Great, great job. =D=

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, my falls off chair laughing...hilarious! Perfection.

"Dude, we're in *big* trouble this time! The Force is missing and they think we did it!"

[face_love] =D= [face_dancing]

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    There is so much that is good about this, I don't know where to start. How about with Obi-wan stealing cookies. Brilliant idea. I was pulled in from the start. Then the tall people showed up and the interrogation began! [face_laugh] I think you did an awesome job of portraying Obi-wan's youthful perspective. The Masters were large and scary and Obi-wan was naive enough to believe he was in trouble for stealing the Force.

"I see," the other man remarked, his voice soft and cultured. "You should be wary, young man, of giving into temptations to be naughty. Naughtiness leads to the dark side."

Qui-gon using the word naughty was enough to make me smile.

"Really, Mace," the other man said, his voice fading in the distance, "If you're going to work with the initiates, you might consider growing your hair. That bald look is quite intimidating."

Yeah, like an afro would put them at ease. On second thought, they probably wouldn't take him seriously at all.

Obi-Wan dashed into the dormitory room, and slamming the door, leaned against it panting.

"What's wrong?" Garen asked, looking up from his desk.

This was a clever, hilarious ending. Bravo!

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was hysterical.

Poor little Obi!

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, the ending was so perfect!

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hi Kalujinn. Welcome to the boards.

That is a wonderful introduction of your fanfic. I enjoyed Mace's introduction of Obi-Wan's mischevieousness to Qui-Gon and the question Wui-Gon presented.

Obi-Wan's running around had me confused until he told Garen his interpretation of the question. That was fantasic!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

8. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    LOL kalujinn, that was a wonderful story and worthy of a great laugh. Lovely!

9. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oh, that is just too cute! [face_laugh]

And "naughtiness leads to the dark side"...wonderful! =D=

10. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    [face_laugh] That was so cute! [face_laugh] =D= I loved it!

11. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I love this!!!!!!

Bravo! =D=

12. kalujinn

kalujinn Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2006
    Thanks to all for your encouragement! I have a special place in my heart for little boy Obi. I hope to post more stories here in the future.

Thanks again!

kalu

13. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] oh my goodness...*cackle* That was SO something a child would think...stole the force.....XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.