main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One Small Hope (JA please read!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, Apr 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Okay here is a little introduction and I will start writing it soon...

Qui-Gon Jinn and his 16-year-old apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi are on a mission to save the heir to the throne of Elthonbar. They only manage to rescue the young princess, and it is up to them to make sure she reaches the safty of Corasant. Guess what, easier said then done, especially when the princess is only five....

2. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    Ooh, looks interesting, SiriGallia. Oh boy, only five? Poor Jedi, they're about to learn how to babysit (if they haven't already). :D

~Arwen~

3. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks Jedi_Arwen. Yes let us hope Qui-Gon looks at his chair before he sits :)

"Obi-Wan! Look out!" Obi-Wan Kenobi looked up at his Master's call, he saw the ball of fire spinning twords him, he leapt to the side.

"Thanks Master," Obi-Wan said catching up to Qui-Gon Jinn.

"We have to get through to the Fortress before those cannons destroy the wall." Obi-Wan knew his Master was stating the obvious, but hearing it brought his fear away. The cannons had been sending balls of fire at the Fortress, the ranks of King Ti were being pushed back with every assult.

"Jedi, come this way!" There guide Utat was making sure the Jedi made it to the Fortress. Suddenly a fire began on the Fortress wall. "We have to hurry." Utat said, her eyes blood shot with the heat.

"We need to get the royal family away." Qui-Gon said as they came in through the back of the Fortess. Obi-Wan gave a sigh of releif. "We can't keep them here any longer."

"There's no hope for the Queen." Utat said sadly. "She has no chance, the King and his son won't go until the battle is won."

"There both fools." Qui-Gon murmered.

"There is the princess though." Utat reasoned. "She won't be able to with stand the attack, and the king has given her the..well..the ring."

"Yes I know." Qui-Gon nodded. "He is putting the girl in danger by giving her the ring."

"He supposes the Jedi could take her away, somewere safe." Utat said as they moved to the fortified chambers of the royal family.

"We could take her to Corascant." Obi-Wan suggested. "The Jedi could watch her."

"I agree," Qui-Gon nodded, "but we shall have to hurry."

"Yes, come." They followed Utat into the chambers. Qui-Gon gave another try at convincing King Ti to come, as well as his son, Grishm', but they would not come.

"But take my daughter." Ti pleaded. "This is no place for her."

"I know," Qui-Gon said patiently, "it's no place for you or your son either."

"We will fight to the death or freedom." Ti said visiously. Qui-Gon shook his head,

"It is your decition." A blast from outside told them it was time to go. The princess was lying asleep next to her sick mother. "What is her name?" Qui-Gon asked softly, as he lifted the sleeping girl from her mother's arms.

"Meerel," the Queen whispered. "Please take care of my baby." She tried hard not to cry. "She is only five, please get her to safty."

"I promise." Qui-Gon said gently. He hurried out, Obi-Wan on his heels the last transport was ahead.

"I wish we could take the Queen." Obi-Wan called.

"As do I," Qui-Gon agreed. "But she is like her husband and son. She wishes to die in the place were she lived. Qui-Gon held tiny Meerel who looked even smaller in the hands of the big Jedi Master.

"Hurry Master!" Obi-Wan called from the ramp of the ship. Qui-Gon rushed in, and felt the ship rising under his feet. Obi-Wan was fast, already lifting the ship from it's place in the ashes of the Fortress. As the ship rose, the battle disapeared behind them. A flash of light from a fire ball lit up the face of Meerel and reflected of the small ring on her hand. The last small hope for the planet Tirris was on the hand of a little girl.

4. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I like it, SiriGallia! Post more soon! :D

5. Jade's Fire2003

Jade's Fire2003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 1999
    This looks like it's going to be good!

6. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks, here I have a little more here!

"How hard did you try?"

"Very hard!" Obi-Wan exclaimed. "She won't talk to me. I asked her what her name was, how old she was, if she was hungry, if she was thirsty, if she was tired--" Obi-Wan was abruptly silenced by a comforting squeaze on his shoulder.

"I know it's hard Padawan," Qui-Gon said softly. "But she has been through a lot, and it's hard on such a little girl. Why don't you give it another try." Obi-Wan slowly rose out of his chair, he doubted that 'another try' would do any good.

He walked into the room. Meerel sat, staring out of the veiw port, she seemed to see nothing else. Obi-Wan sat down next to her, for a while they both just sat there. Suddenly Mereel spoke. She had a small voice that sounded scared and sad.

"I'm never going to see my mommy and daddy." She brushed several tears from her face. Obi-Wan turned to her.

"Well, I don't know."

"I miss my mommy, and I miss daddy and Greshm'." She tried not to cry. Obi-Wan felt anger rise within him. /I hope Ti and Greshm' are satisfied/ He thought ruefully. /if they had come with us Meerel wouldn't now be suffering from their bad decition/ Suddenly an idea struck the teenager.

"How about this," Obi-Wan suggested softly. "What if I could pretend to be your big brother, and my Master could be you father? Until we find your real family." She actually made a try at a smile through her tears.

"I would like that." She said quietly.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll post as soon as I can!

7. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Okaaaay....here we go....

"Well," Meerel brushed a tear from her cheak.
    "He would tell me stories before I went to bed." Obi-Wan considered that.

"What kind of story do you like?" He asked.

"I like stories with little girls in it." Meerel said shyly. Obi-Wan laughed.

"Well, alright, I *do* know a story with a little girl in it." Obi-Wan recalled the story from the time when the Temple had been under siege by Xanatos and Obi-Wan had saved ten children from a lift the Xanatos had caused to begin to crash. He gave a great amount of detail to the description of Honi-who-is-almost three, and a little girl Seleelee, and Obi-Wan had thought her name was Theleelee from the little girls lisp. He explained all the other girls and boys. By the time he had finished, Meerel was fast asleep.

"The End." Obi-Wan said softly. He covered the princess with his cloak. He moved out of the room and into the cockpit. For the second time that day he sunk into the co-pilot seat.

"Well," Qui-Gon asked.

"Well," Obi-Wan said with an impish grin. "I hope you don't mind being adopted father to a very opininated little five-year-old." Qui-Gon through his apprentice a look. Obi-Wan was trying not to burst out laughing at the thought of his Master being father, as well as baby sitter to a little girl he could step on, on accident.

"Oh?"

"Yes, well, I'm her brother, supposidly." Qui-Gon smiled.

"Well, I don't suppose I mind, but I would also prefer *not* to be confused with King Ti if it is all the same to you, and Meerel."
    Obi-Wan laughed.

"Yes the thought of being Greshm' doesn't thrill me eaither." Obi-Wan paused. "You know I told her a story, remember that lift that nearly crashed when Xanatos tried to take over?"

"Vauguely." Qui-Gon replied.

"Well, she wanted a story with a little girl in it, and there were a couple in that lift."
    Obi-Wan grinned. "And the Council said it was not neccisary, you never know when these things might come in handy."

"Yes," Qui-Gon said. "You never know."

"Do you think it will be difficult trying to get Meerel to Corscant."

"Yes I do, I beleive that the Raiders are not going to give up on try to get that ring. That ring is the last small hope for that planet." Obi-Wan frowned.

"I don't understand, why is that ring so important?"

"It is the royal ring that has been passed through the ages, it is said that whoever had the ring was the true owner of the whole planet. Many planets make their system that way, and unintetionly make wars that way."
    Qui-Gon gave Obi-Wan a serious look. "It is our job to keep her completly safe." Obi-Wan nodded. He felt that it would be simple to keep a small child safe, though something made him feel it wouldn't be quite so easy.

Suddenly there was an explosion. Qui-Gon looked out the veiw port in time to see three Raider Cruisors zoom past hull. Qui-Gon swung the ship down. Blaster fire arrupted beneath and above them. "We're surrounded!" He called. Obi-Wan was already out of the co-pilot seat. "Bring Meerel hear, Padawan, then see if you can get some shots from the Fire Turret." Obi-Wan nodded and left the room at a run. Qui-Gon glanced out at the Raider's ships again. They were in for a dangerous fight, but he knew that in the end, his duty was to his Padawan, and Meerel.
    Obi-Wan returned, the sleeping girl was wrapped in his arms. He layed her down gently in the co-pilot's seat, then quickly ran for the Fire Turrets. Qui-Gon glanced down at Meerel. /Promise you will keep my baby safe./ The queen's leapt through him like a bolt of lightning. /I promise./ With that Qui-Gon clenched his teath together stared determinedly out the veiw port. They would win this battle.

8. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Great posts! That little girl couldn't be in better hands!

9. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    "Qui-Gon through his apprentice a look. Obi-Wan was trying not to burst out laughing at the thought of his Master being father, as well as baby sitter to a little girl he could step on, on accident."

:D I like that line!

10. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    YAY!!! Cool story!!! :D

Qui-GOn the girl's *father* and Obi her *brother*?!?! Hee Hee! :p

11. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    p_stotts: Boy I sure *hope* she's in good hands, cause it sounds like getting to Corasant won't be so easy... ;)

Jade's Fire2003: I'm glad you like that line, I think the thought of Qui-Gon standing *next* to a girl that small is a funny idea. I'm glad you like!

Knight_Maria: Thanks Maria, I'm glad you're liking it, it's funny, you realize of corse that that means Obi-Wan is Qui-Gon's *son*!

Well I will post more soon...

12. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    :) I thought of that! Hee Hee!!!

impatiently waiting for more!!! ;)

13. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    Muy bueno, SiriGallia! I love this! Meerel reminds me of my sister. Qui and Obi are going to have their hands full methinks! I can't wait for your next post! :D :D :D

14. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Knight_Maria: Hee Hee

Jedi Obi-Wan: Does she rimind you of your sister? That's funny :) Oh, you have NO IDEA how full those two Jedi's hands will be with Meerel... ;)
    Okay, sorry it took so long, I had an Orthadontist Opointment this morning (ugh) Okay here we go...
    Obi-Wan watched the Raiders swing their ships in gentle archs, they obviously wanted to board, not destroy, the vessel that carried the princess and her two protectors. Obi-Wan was ready to fire down any ship that came close. His first shots were directed at one of the larger crusiors. Two shots narrowly missed one hit it's mark, the ship was disabled in the front shields, being a Jedi the youth had the certain advantage of knowing wear to strike.
    All the blasts coming from the Raiders were an attempt to disable the vessel, Obi-Wan had a good idea that it wouldn't take them long to seriously dismantle the craft. The boy's mind raced, Qui-Gon was in the front shooting at anything close to the hull, Obi-Wan tried to decide how they could take out all the ships at once. He realized that most of the ships circling them were small crusiors, but there was one large one that wasn't doing anything. Then an idea came to him, it was risky because they would have to use torpedoes and would probubly damage their own ship, but it was better then the alternitive. He hit the comm and quickly suggested it to Qui-Gon.

"It's our only option," Obi-Wan said pointedly.

"I'm afraid you're right." Qui-Gon sighed, "Let's do it." Qui-Gon quickly moved the ship twoards the docking bay of the large ship, all the crusiors following him, looking for an opening. Qui-Gon suddenly pulled up and around. The crusiors, not ready for the manuver barely escaped colliding with the larger ship. As soon as Qui-Gon was leveled, Obi-Wan shot the torpedoes. Two of them. They made their mark. Hitting the large ship and giving a great explosion that took out the raiders small crusiors. Obi-Wan felt the heat sweep over their ship. Several systems went dead, as Obi-Wan stepped into the cockpit, he saw the emergency lights flicker on.

"Well that's the end of that," He said leaning against the board, his seat having been occupied by Meerel.

"Actually, Padawan," Qui-Gon said studying the board. "I think it's just the beginning. See we have so much damage that we will have to land, it should be alright, there is a planet right beneath us. I don't know what kind of planet it is, but considering our Raider friends seem to have appeared out of 'nowere' it's a pretty safe guess that they partially inhabit the planet below us." Obi-Wan sighed.

"Can't we go somewere else?"

"There is no were we can go with the damage the explosion has done to the ship. We will have to stay there for the time being." Obi-Wan nodded, leaning over Meerel he put the ship into the landing cycle.
    It was night on the planet, the sky was dark, and the eerie moonlight settled over the ship sitting in a sucluded field, but not sucluded enough for Raider 17 not to see it. He smiled wickedly. "That was very foolish Jedi, very foolish."

15. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
  16. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Looking forward to it!

17. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    Pleeeeeease hurry!!! :D

18. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    Yay! A post! :) More please!!!!

19. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    Hmm...interesting...

20. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Jedi Obi-Wan: Thanks, I have a post now...

Knight_Maria: Thanks you so much, I have another right, uh here! ;)

Jade's Fire2003: Glad you liked it :)

"Hmm." He replied rolling over.

"Obi-Wan, you need to wake up, there's some trouble." That woke the boy up, he rolled over and sat up so fast that he landed on the floor.

"Ow." He said simply. He quickly got to his feet.

"We need to leave now," Qui-Gon said, "the systems on the ship are all inopritive, they were disabling all last night. I need to lock a few things down, get Meerel." Obi-Wan nodded and moved over to the sleeping girl's bed.

"Meerel?" He moved her softly with one hand. Her eyes blinked open and, with that uncanny ability little kids have for being wide awake when everyone else is tierd, Meerel sat straight up.

"What?" she asked.

"We need to go for a...walk."

"Oh good." She began to slide out of her bed and stopped. Obi-Wan turned on his way out of the room.

"What is it." She looked at him shyly.

"Could I have a piggy-back ride?" She asked.

"A what?" Obi-Wan inquired.

"A piggy-back ride." Meerel responded. "See, hold on to your neck and ride on your back, and you can carry me."

"Ah," Obi-Wan grinned. "Then what does that make me?" She brightend.

"The piggy." Obi-Wan shook his head, as he did Meerel reached over to him. "And this can be your tail," she said laughing as she yanked on his Padawan braid.

"Whatever," Obi-Wan said with a laugh. He crouched down as she climbed up on to his back. She wrapped her arms loosly about his neck, he held her under her knees so she wouldn't fall off.
    Meerel was very light, and Obi-Wan had no trouble keeping up with Qui-Gon's fast pace.
    "Master?" Obi-Wan asked in a whisper, which seemed appropriate at the time.

"Yes Obi-Wan?"

"Why are we leaving?" Qui-Gon glanced at him.

"I think we are being watch, or followed. We will have to loose who ever is following us in the woods. They moved into the trees and made their way through the tangle of branches. Meerel kept her head low as they moved swiftly through the trees. Obi-Wan's eyes moved to every movement, his ears picked up every sound. He glanced at Qui-Gon, his master looked determined as always, but he also looked like he was coming up with a plan.
    Obi-Wan continued along behind his Master.
    Suddenly he felt the flicker of danger, and the calk of a blaster. He turned and face a row of about five blasters. Behind them stood the hooded forms of the Raiders. Qui-Gon came up next to Obi-Wan, and the teenager could easily hear the sound of more Raiders coming up behind them. One hooded figure stepped forward.

"Put the girl down, Jedi." He said motioning to Obi-Wan. "And give her to us."

21. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    AHHHH!!! Cliffhanger!!! This is so good, I liked Meeral's thing about Obi's padawan braid being his 'tail!' LOL! Keep it coming!

22. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Jedi Obi-Wan: Thanks for your feedback, ahem, yeah, as a general rule my cliffhangers arn't all that good, glad you...uh...liked this one :)

"Come on, let's move it." The leader urged. "We don't have time for your slow moving." Obi-Wan still didn't move. The Raider turned is blaster to Qui-Gon. "Tell him to." He order the older Jedi firmly." He pointedly turned his blaster back on Obi-Wan.

"Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon said evenly. "Put her down." Obi-Wan through Qui-Gon a confused look. His eyes spoke plainly. /Master what are you doing?/ Qui-Gon simply tossed his glance off to the side. Obi-Wan nodded, and slowly slipped Meerel down to the ground, he could sence the girl tence as he did so.

"That was a smart move, boy." The Raider commended. Obi-Wan stared at him with his bright blue gaze. He could see he was unerving the Raider. /Some leader./ Obi-Wan thought, suddenly he realized that this Raider was not the lead of this team, he wasn't certain, but the man standing further back seemed to want the Jedi to think that the blundering Raider before them was the leader. There was no time to warn Qui-Gon about this. Suddenly Qui-Gon's plan slid into action. Meerel was firmly on the ground when suddenly two Raiders stepped forward from behind. Qui-Gon quickly swept Meerel from the ground and pitched her into some cusioning shrubs. In the same instant Obi-Wan leapt of Qui-Gon's head and land in front of Meerel. Leaving dence brush behind and around her the apprentice in front of her. Qui-Gon had counted on the Raider's shock to cause their first volly of shots to be sloppy, and they were, all but the one that Obi-Wan suspected was the real leader. This man had chartered Obi-Wan's move carfully, and before the youth could budge an inch to defend himself, a precise blast from the Raider's blaster struck Obi-Wan in the arm. Obi-Wan felt hot pain shoot up his arm. He vaugly saw Qui-Gon fighting of the group of Raiders alone. He knew he had to help his Master. He leapt to his feet his arm shot sparks of pain but he triend to ignore it. He fended off the volly of shot's directed at him, Qui-Gon protected him from the front group. Before long the whole team was dead or stunned on the ground. Obi-Wan resisted the urge to sink his knees, the pain was hard against his arm and the wound was throbbing.

"Are you alright Padawan?" Qui-Gon asked. Obi-Wan nodded. Paused, then shook his head, he hated to admit it, but he couldn't lie, and if the pain caused him to become uncontious Qui-Gon would have been skeptical.

"It's not bad, I don't think." Qui-Gon examined it.

"It doesn't look very bad, but bacta wouldn't hurt it either. After seeing to Obi-Wan's wound, the Jedi Master turned to Meerel. The little girl was trembling in the foliage, her eyes were full of terror. Qui-Gon leaned very close to her. "Are you alright?" Qui-Gon asked. She amidiatly shook her head.

"I'm scared." She said softly.

"Don't be scared your highness." Qui-Gon said gently. "Obi-Wan and I won't let them hurt you." She seemed to trust him, but the fear was not quenched from her eyes. Qui-Gon lifted her out up in his arms, Obi-Wan would be tired faster than Qui-Gon would and his Padawan had an injury. Meerel wrapped her arms around Qui-Gon's chest, or as far as she could reach, and leaned her head against his shoulder.
    The group set off again, unknown to them, like a mad man from a asylem, Raider 17 was tearing up the hill. "Fools, fools and idiots." Once they had lost the eliment of surprise and the Jedi boy had meerly been injured, Raider 17 had decided he wouldn't stick around for a battle that could not be won. Jedi had to be taken by surprise, defeat one in a battle was something only a Sith could do. "I didn't become a high ranking officer by thinking I could defeat Jedi, I am not afraid to admit that Jedi are too strong for that." He contiued up the hill, wh

23. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    I liked the braid being his tail too! That last part was good... :D

24. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    I thought your cliffhanger was good, SiriGallia! Much better than anything I do!

Good post! Poor Obi! More soon? :D

25. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Jade's Fire2003: Glad you like that part *he he* I have a lot of fun with Meerel and Obi-Wan.

Jedi Obi-Wan: Thanks! I like to attempt cliff hangers, it's pretty fun to see if they work.

I will post more really soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.