main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Facades (AU! Ani/Obi/Palps/Padme/Siri/Qui/Shmi/others. A/P, Siriwan parings.) Update: 7/30/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alley_Skywalker, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Title: Facades
    Author: Alley_Skywalker
    Genre: Drama, Romance, Humor (of a sort), Angst, Action (sorta)
    Characters: Staring: Anakin and Obi-Wan
    Supporting: Padme, Siri, Qui-Gon, Palpatine, Shmi, Garen, Bant, Tru, Darra
    Minor: Yoda, Mace, Maul, Grievous, Bruck, Ventress, Xanatos, Quinlan, Aayla, Barriss, Tyranus(Dooku), OCs, a bunch of other people
    Summary: Can you imagine all the SW characters in high School? Can you imagine Anakin and Obi-Wan as juniors? Palpatine as the principle? Yoda as the councilor? Qui-Gon as the fencing team couch? Padme as the student council president? Mace as the history teacher who wants the PE teacher?s job? What would everyone?s lives be like then? Well that and much more right here!
    Notes: This is probably one of the most radical SW AUs you?ll ever read. It?s not all humor unlike what it might sound like a lot of it is rather serious. A thing to remember is that there is NO significant age gap between Ani and Obi, they are both in their Junior year of HS as of the start of this fic. Also for characters of other species, such as Maul, Yoda, and GG, some changes had to be made to fit them into our world.
    Dedication: I?d like to dedicate this fic to all my friends at the Obi/Ani thread! This fic really only exists because of you guys since you were the main inspiration fot this! Love ya all! [:D]

Chapter 1

Temple High didn?t vary much from any other typical high school. Square and Wacky teachers, subjects of all sorts, cliques and gangs, and a social system with too many unwritten rules for an outsider to understand.

Freshman year was the time to establish your social status, sophomore year was to certify it, and juniors simply had to make sure not to lose it.

Junior Anakin Skywalker had no mind to lose his and he was making sure that this year he wouldn?t be arriving in school on the first day in his mother?s Volkswagen. Blonde, tall, with blue eyes, a million dollar smile, and a charismatic nature he could have easily been the most popular guy in school. However, Anakin left the peek to the football jocks and asertified himself a position or high rank with one exception, the Loner Accessory. I was better that way. He didn?t bother anyone and no one tried to get into his head. He was everyone?s buddy but no one?s friend. Tru and Darra were the only two people with whom he hung out consistently.

?Mom,? Anakin started, glancing wearily out the window as they were starting to get close to the high school. ?Can you drop me off around the corner, please. I can walk the rest of the way.?

Shmi looked over at her son with surprise. ?Ani is there something you?re not telling me??

?No, Mom, I just want to dropped off around the corner.?
    ?But I always drive you to school.?

?Mom, when I get my motorbike I?m gonna be driving myself anyways.?

?Yes, but you don?t have your bike yet do you??

Anakin sighed in exasperation. ?Ok fine?I can?t arrive in school on a Volkswagen.?

Shmi glanced at him briefly. ?Ani, you never had a problem with our car. Why start now??

?Because it?s my junior year. Coming to school in my mom?s Volkswagen is like driving a Ford explorer to school.?

Smi threw him a questioning look.

Anakin went on as though he hadn?t noticed. ?The only person who does that is Obi-Wan Kenobi. I really don?t get that kid. His parents could have gotten a Ferrari, for God?s sake, and what does he buy? A Ford!?

?And who is this Obi-Wan Kenobi??

?Every teacher?s pet.?

Shmi looked over at Anakin with a disapproving stare. ?I feel like you?re judging this boy. And I know I have taught you better then that.?

Anakin only looked out the window.

?Despite what you can get out here and be saved the embarrassment of not coming to school in a Ferrari.?

Anakin knew that his mom wasn?t mad at him but this had become a touchy subject for them. It was just the two of them, Anakin never knew his father or anything about him for that matter, and

2. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    OOOO Master, this should be good. Im gonna be a junior next year so I am excited to read this story!!

3. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    This is awesome, wonderful beginning Alley=D=.

This idea is a great one, which I know, has been done before, well, not exactly like this and I love to read this sort of AU?s.

Oh, and please pm me when you update, thanks.

4. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Mace as the history teacher who wants the PE teacher?s job?

He he he! Silly Mace Windu. [face_laugh]

?Another summer gone and another year begun! We hope that you have refreshed yourselves and are ready for another great year of acquiring. I hope that you have all re-united with you friends for, of course, they are very important in your life, and in your school life as well. The staff and I will all work to give you a great year. Are we ready for another great year at Temple High? We you make us proud? Will you show the other schools that we are the best??

A roar of approval went up from the jam packed gym bleachers as Principle Palpatine stopped for a moment in his Welcome Back speech.

You did it! Yes! Awesome start! [face_dancing]

Ah, Principal Palpy sounds so nice doesn't he? [face_mischief]
    One must wonder though if he is really that invested in the education of Temple High's younglings. [face_thinking] [face_mischief]
    Or if he has another agenda. Which I'm sure he does. :D

Nice work. [face_peace]

5. delta-7starfighter

delta-7starfighter Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Shim had a feeling, though, that it wasn?t a motorcycle that her son needed, but a good friend.

Shmi's smart...:D

He had fun. Learning was ?fun.?

LOL! I'm definitely gonna like this!

Padme as the student council president?

Is she gonna be conceited in this?

I'm glad that you posted this Alley!
    Please PM me updates![face_praying]

6. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    I love Anakin, Obi-Wan and Principal Palpy. When does the brainwashing begin of the students? :D

Anakin--loner but somewhat spoiled. OMG the boys who care about cars lol.

Obi--the GEEK!!! love it!!

7. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    bmwgurl17: A junior? Really, Padawan? That's pretty cool. I'm glad you find the fic interesting.

Star_Angel: lol. A High School/SW fic. Who would have thought? Oh and I've put you on the PM list.

Palpy560: lol. I remember that there was some excited convo anout "Principle Palpatine" so i figured it was a pretty good idea :)

delta: MMMh...I dont think Padme is going to be stuck up in this. Nothing too radicle from the movies I don't think. Oh and you're on the list!

iLoveAnakin: Haha! We love the geeky Obi don't we? Lol. Oh and thanks for looking over this for me :)

8. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    YES YES YES! YOU DID IT!

And I'm lovin it!

Learning was ?fun.?

Geeky, preppy Obi-Wan all rolled into one! Just like we talked about!

Brilliant Alley, please add me to your PM list.

9. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    Yay! You got the big ol' plot bunny down! And what a fantastic job you did with it =D=

I definitely can't wait to see where this one goes...

10. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    anakin_luver: You're on the list, my frien! yea I'm using the stuff we talked about since so many ppl seemed to like it :)

EquestrianJedi07: Thanks! I'm glad you like it!

11. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Though everyone else?s idea of sun seemed to be going to a party and getting drunk he preferred a nice quite evening at home with an intelligent book in hand.

I think I'm in love. :p

This is great, Alley! I can't wait to see where you go with this!

12. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    amidalachick: You like geeky boys? Lol.

There?s till some introduction ad setting up things in this chapter but this?ll pick up spead in a chapter or two.

Chapter 2

?Obi-Wan!?

Obi-Wan peered through the crowd of students exiting the gym after the Welcome Back speech to try and find the owner of the voice so familiar to him. He finally found her in the crowd, not too far away from him, being jostled toward the gym doors. ?Bant cut her hair,? was his first thought.

Bant had been a friend of his since elementary school. She had pure blonde hair and gray eyes. She had always had long hair and preferred it worn in a bun. Now She had cropped it short so that the ends curled to tickle her chin. ?Hello, Bant. Nice haircut.?

She laughed. ?I felt like it was time to change?well, something about myself.?

?Never thought of you as a change person. Where is Garen by the way??

?Right behind you.?

Obi-Wan whirled to face the grinning tall boy behind him. ?Blast! Don?t you have anything better to do then to startle me??

?Nope.?

?What took you so long Garen?? Bant asked slightly irritated. ?We?re gonna make Obi-Wan late for class.? The comment earned her a glare from Obi-Wan.

?I, ah, had to avoid running into The Gang. Had to take the long way here.?

Obi-Wan shook his head. ?Why can?t those idiots leave people alone??

?It?s not in there nature,? Bant said. ?What class do you have first, Obi??

Obi-Wan looked down at his schedule. ?Spanish 3, oh joy. I have a distasteful tendency to have unlikable people in that class along with me.?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

?J1, J1, where is J1?? Anakin looked around the area he was in and sighed. He was back in the C buildings. God! He had been at this school for two years now and he STILL didn?t know where all the classrooms where. If it was another class he wouldn?t mind ditching but he actually didn?t mind chemistry.

?Can I help you? You look lost.?

Anakin swirled?and froze. There she was, standing before him with those large brown eyes and chocolate curls falling over her shoulders. Padme Amidala, the most beautiful girl in the school. Oh what was he thinking? This is the kind of girl who should be Ms. America or something. What was she saying? Oh she was asking if he needed help.

?I?ah?well?I?m looking for room J1.?

?Oh that?s all the way over there,? she said pointing across the quad. ?The buildings are in alphabetical order starting from that side.?

Anakin struggled not to blush. Why hadn?t he noticed that before? ?Oh, right. Thanks for the help.?

?You?re Anakin Skywalker aren?t you??

She knew his name? Well duh! Everyone knew his name. Not to mention that project they worked on freshman year. ?That?s me.?

?We worked together freshman year, remember??

How could he forget? ?I remember.?

?You?ve grown since then.? A smile so blinding that Anakin nearly lost his cool completely.

?So have you?grown more beautiful I mean.? Crap what was he saying! She was certainly the only girl -- the only person ? who could make him stumble all over himself like that.

She smiled at him again. ?Well I have to go to class. I?ll see you around, Anakin.?

?Cool. I?ll see you around too!? he called after her. ?What the hell was that??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of them? Obi-Wan looked around the classroom in dismay. How could he be in a class with ALL members of The Gang? He listed them off in his head as they approached in formation.

At the head, Dooku Jr. Probably the smartest out of the lot.

Behind him Maul and Assaj Ventress. It looked like Assaj had stuck with her hair style, if you could call it that since she had actually shaved off all her hair so that there wasn?t really any hair to style in the first place. Maul was the biggest gangster punk Obi-Wan had ever scene. His red spiked hair and the tattooed black snake on his cheek were well known around Temple High.

13. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    LOL this is pretty cool ifyou have a PM list please add me to it!

14. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Hilarious story you have here. I'd love a PM when you update.

15. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Lol. Keep going Master ;).

16. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Ooo Obi has his friends and Anakin has his.
    Obi is the geek that gets picked on by the dangerous "gang"!!!! LOL Dooku, Maul, and Ventress!![face_skull]

Anakin and the girl. He stumbled that line?! could have been worse. It could have been his sand speech :oops:

Can't wait until they meet each other! :)

Man this is bringing back memories for me.

17. Princess_Elisabeth

Princess_Elisabeth Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 2, 2006
    wow! Count me in! I love this!!

I had this idea aswell alittle while ago but I had millions of others aswell and I just had to choose then but as the plotbunny for the other ideas was way bigger I decided not to do anything like this. But wow I'm excited to read this![face_dancing]

Could you add me to your pm list if you have one, please?

Thanks![:D]

18. delta-7starfighter

delta-7starfighter Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    All of them? Obi-Wan looked around the classroom in dismay. How could he be in a class with ALL members of The Gang? He listed them off in his head as they approached in formation.

This should be quite amusing.... oh! yeah, I feel sorry for Obi too.[face_blush] :p

?So have you?grown more beautiful I mean.? Crap what was he saying! She was certainly the only girl -- the only person ? who could make him stumble all over himself like that.

I wonder what she is thinking. I like how you used some lines from AotC!=D=

Tru nodded. ?I don?t know how you can race motorcycles, Anakin. It?s insane in my opinion.?

Great idea with the motorcycles insted of podracers! Pure Genius!:D

Great update!
    Thanks for the PM!

19. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    All the SW characters in HS, what a great and hilarious concept!:D [face_laugh] And Palpatine as the principle...pure genius!:D

It seems the Gang is going to give Obi-Wan a lot of grief in his junior year, I hope he can handle it...and I think Anakin should listen to his friend...it could be his undoing...[face_shame_on_you] :p

I'll keep my eye on this...maybe pop me a PM when you update would be sweet!:D

20. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    OH MY GOODNESS. I had no idea who "The Gang" was but then this came along...

How could he be in a class with ALL members of The Gang? He listed them off in his head as they approached in formation.

At the head, Dooku. Probably the smartest out of the lot.

And I realized who they were!!! Oh man, Maul - "the biggest gangster punk" - [face_laugh]

?You?re like?calm. Not like nerdy calm?just calm. I personally love the adrenalin rush. Soon I?ll have enough green to buy myself my own motorbike. Then I won?t have to keep looking for charity cases.?

More green? Oh gosh! I can completely imagine Anakin talking like that. Oh god. Too funny.

Loved it Alley.

21. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    At the head, Dooku. Probably the smartest out of the lot.

Behind him Maul and Assaj Ventress. It looked like Assaj had stuck with her hair style, if you could call it that since she had actually shaved off all her hair so that there wasn?t really any hair to style in the first place. Maul was the biggest gangster punk Obi-Wan had ever scene. His red spiked hair and the tattooed black snake on his cheek were well known around Temple High.

LOL! YES! I love this! It's so awesome! [face_dancing]
    Could you PM me hmmm? [face_batting]
    I had some trouble finding this today. [face_worried]
    That's why I didn't get here earlier. [face_blush]

It's really great. :D

Oh and I loved Anakin and Padme. [face_mischief]

22. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Peagis: I've put you on the list :)

princess_of_naboo: Thanks, and you're on the list too :)

bmwgurl17: Thanks for reading, Padawan [:D]

iLoveAnakin7: I know don't you just LOVE The Gang? Lol. And yea Padme makes Anakin rather nervouse.

Princess_Elisabeth: The trouble with too many plot bunnies...lol. I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I've put you on the list.

delta-7starfighter: Hee yea I thought using that line would be cute. As for the motorbikes...heh Anakin has to race SOMETHING! Lol.

Ludo_Kressh: Yup The gang is going to give Obi-Wan quite some trouble. Oh and I've put you on the PM list :)

anakin_luver: Haha! Yea I can just imgine Anakin talking in slang. I mean in SW he IS from the Outer Rim...lol. I'm glad you like the fic :)

Palpy560: Thanks, I'm glad you like it :) And I've put you on the PM list.

23. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    ?Cool. I?ll see you around too!? he called after her. ?What the hell was that??

Poor Anakin, he still has trouble with pick-up lines. :p He was so cute in that whole exchange.

The Gang! Oh my! [face_laugh] Maul's spiky hair and tattoo are great!

To answer your question, I do like geeky boys. :D I'm loving Obi in this!

Great post, Alley!

24. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I loved the A/P scene, Anakin was really cute and he did remind me of AOTC Anakin.

And ?The Gang? hmm, I bunch of Sith Lords as the bullies, love that idea.

?You really need someone to talk some sense into you.?

True, so very true.

Anyway, wonderful update and thanks for sending me a pm, I?m looking forward to read more from you.

25. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    This is a very creative AU, Alley.
    Great story.

I was really bowled over and hooked with your opening lines, 'Temple High didn?t vary much from any other typical high school. Square and Wacky teachers, subjects of all sorts, cliques and gangs, and a social system with too many unwritten rules for an outsider to understand.'

That was really well written.

Principal Palpatine. Ha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.