main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Answer-----Obi/Qui songfic mush to 'Do I Make You Proud?'

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Snow_Kaguya, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Songfic to Taylor Hick?s ?Do I Make You Proud??I absolutly love that song[face_love] Thank you American Idol! Just reminded me of Obi-wan in Jedi Apprentice...he's kind of meek and really not the kind of kid to believe in himself at first...and then in TPM he's making stupid jokes and really seems aware of his talents. So heres my sappy songfic. Enjoy

I never been the one to raise my hand
    That was not me
    And now that's who I am
    Because of you
    I am standing tall

Obi-wan Kenobi was a runt as a boy, and he knew it. Shorter than the others in his age group, he was proportionally meeker. He played quietly with Bant, Garen and Reeft, but never was much of a talker.
    The Crèche Masters assumed it was his connection?one deeper than they?d ever seen?to the Unifying Force that made him so soft spoken and so polite. But it simply wasn?t true. He was afraid. There was no one to lean on, and it made it so hard to want to go out into the world, to go near a Knight looking for a Padawan. Regardless of his skill, Obi-wan simply hadn?t thought he was good enough.
    Then he?d become Qui-gon?s Padawan. The man was so unlike Obi-wan: tall, graceful, kind, and?well? just plain BIG compared to the young boy Obi-wan had been. The Padawan had always been so awed by his Master. A grand swordsman and negotiator, and for some reason he thought Obi-wan could be so too.
    That silent support had swept away the tiny, insecure boy and revealed a young man with the ability to raise his chin and look the expansive Galaxy straight on. Obi-wan?s height had, interestingly enough, shot up. He was physically only to Qui-gon?s chin, but he had been able to look just as impressive, just a great a Jedi.

And my heart is full
    Of endless gratitude
    You were the one
    The one to guide me through
    Now I can see
    And I believe
    It's only just beginning

The days when he was still young, nine years before he met his future Padawan, were days of intense study and hard work, but also ones where he could remember eating a meal full of jokes and playful jibes with Qui-gon as the sun set over their half of Coruscant.
    Obi-wan never had to say ? thank you? to his Master for any of it, simple because the big man would shush him and say ? Obi-wan, you deserve this. I happen to *like* being your Master!?, accompanied by that twinkle that was only present around Obi-wan.
    When his Master said that, the whole world had seemed so much more pleasant. Through all the long missions, the near-mind wipes, the kidnappings and sabotages, Obi-wan had grown under the excellent guidance of his Master.
    And for the only time in his life, Obi-wan felt there was no end to the great and memorable things he could do in service to the universe. At nineteen, the possibilities seemed endless.

This is what we dream about
    But the only question with me now
    Is do I make you proud?
    I'm stronger than I've ever been now
    Never been afraid of standing out
    Do I make you proud?

After those nine years of being apprenticed to Qui-gon Jinn, Obi-wan?s dreams were his reality. He knew his abilities and his limits, and wasn?t afraid to push them in the right situation. But he always found himself looking for the nod or bond-feeling that showed Qui-gon approved. And more and more, he did.
    When he?d won the Senior Padawan Tournament as the youngest of the group, which began at 19 and moved all the way to 29, he?d felt that the time of his apprenticeship was fast becoming a memory. No Padawan in 400 years had won under the age of 20, a sure signal to all that Obi-wan would probably be the youngest Knight in as much time.
    Qui-gon had known this, and smiled at him from the stands.

Everybody needs to rise up
    Everybody needs to be loved
    To be loved

Love was not something a Jedi expected in life, as it was in direct violation of the Code. Obi-wan had always thought little of that particular tenant, seeing the love of a Master for a Padawan all around him in his youth.
    That love ensured him the streng

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_love] :_| Loved how you went through his life! =D=

The days when he was still young, nine years before he met his future Padawan, were days of intense study and hard work, but also ones where he could remember eating a meal full of jokes and playful jibes with Qui-gon as the sun set over their half of Coruscant.
    Obi-wan never had to say ? thank you? to his Master for any of it, simple because the big man would shush him and say ? Obi-wan, you deserve this. I happen to *like* being your Master!?, accompanied by that twinkle that was only present around Obi-wan.
    When his Master said that, the whole world had seemed so much more pleasant. Through all the long missions, the near-mind wipes, the kidnappings and sabotages, Obi-wan had grown under the excellent guidance of his Master.
    And for the only time in his life, Obi-wan felt there was no end to the great and memorable things he could do in service to the universe. At nineteen, the possibilities seemed endless.

Lovely! =D=

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Brilliant songfic. [face_love]

4. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    Oh I love it!!! I just saw the title and I was all interested, and then I saw it was you, my Padawan, who had wrote it!

Then I read it all in 5 minutes, and it's really lovely!!

Snif, my Padawan is all grown up and writting beautiful fics! *sob*

And yes, you do make me proud! [:D]

5. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    VaderLVR64: Yeah...I was in the car and just started visualizing like crazy....out of nowhere 8-}

Healer Leona: Thank you [:D]
    My dear Master: :* I swear, you make me blush every time you review!! Glad you liked it, and glad you think its time for my Knighting.[:D]

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

That was so good, a short songfic of a
    long and loved life.

and the last part was brilliant
    Qui-gon was proud of him.[:D]

well done nice and mushy =D=

7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Wonderful songfic! [face_love]