main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Birds Sing. (A vignette of Palpatines planning)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Araxie, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Authors disclaimer.
    The Star Wars universe belongs to George. I thank him for the use of Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Palpatine.
    Noela belongs to Darth Ishtar, she was created for a story called "Cruel and unusual romance".
    Ceil, Mere, and Tani are shared with Darth Ishtar and Noelie.
    Liam Senoe was created by Darth Ishtar and Developed by Noelie in "By Small Things".
    This story is a precursor to the events in "By small things" and episode 1.

Noelie challenged me to write a story with the sisters singing a quartet to the "Flower Duet", here is my response.

~~~~~

Noela stood at the side of the left stage entrance. She was nervously tapping her foot and wondering how she had gotten into this situation. She never wanted to be in this position again and here she was ready to go on stage with her sisters.

Mere, of course, was a calm as she could be, meaning she was glowing and nearly jumping out of her skin with excitement. She being the most musically gifted of the sisters never seemed to fret about performing in front of a crowd of people.

Ciel, was standing next to Mere and likewise was calm, her eyes shut, ignoring the act going on before them, silently going through her part. Still she would rather be on the otherside of the production doing what she does best.

Tani on the other hand was almost as nervous as she was. Off to the side, her face was flushed as it always got when she was to perform and nervously biting a fingernail. Even with her nervousness she typically fell apart after a show, shaking like a leaf in the wind. She was the least confident in her abilities but Tani only shared in part of Noela?s stage fright.

How Noela could ever managed to speak as a senator was beyond her, it was just something she knew she could do. Ask her to stand in front of the same crowd and perform a musical number and she froze. Why she didn?t know? She remembered her father teasing her as a girl about her hair bobbing up and down during recitals because she was shaking so hard. She was afraid to fail and make a mistake, and at the moment she tried to remember how she got in this place to begin with. Of course Mere was in the middle of it, but Master Qui-Gon Jinn and her husband Liam did not help any either.

~~~

?No, Mere, I will not do it. You know I can?t.? Noela insisted as she stood in her library. Her sister had come bounding in with this idea in helping with a benefit for refugees from outlying systems.

?Oh come on, Noela, we can?t do it with out you! You are the only one that can pull off this soprano part. You know my range isn?t as high as yours, and Ceil and Tani can?t do it either.? Her youngest sister persisted.

Off to the side leaning on the wall was Master Qui-Gon, and his padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, also in the room sitting on a comfortable chair was her husband Liam. All these parties for the moment were quiet and not interfering with the exchanges between the two sisters.

?Mere, you know I have horrible stage fright, I can not do it, even if I really wanted too!? Noela bit her lip as she looked at her younger sister. She hadn?t done anything in years; the last time was too painful. She was playing the piano for a small recital and she forgot her part. Time and again she tried to start over and the more mistakes she made the worse she felt, until she fled the room in tears. Since then she had never performed in public setting. She could sing with a Choir because she could hide amongst all the other sopranos, anything else was too much.

Qui-Gon finally spoke up and said, ?I know you can do this, the organizers need a big name, and the Ovorps, and particularily Senator Ovorp would be a great draw.?

Noela turned to Qui-Gon, ?then let me MC the event, give a speech, work with props or sets, anything else but this!?

Qui-Gon shook his head, ?I?m sorry but we already have an MC under contract. I really don?t think we could break it. Besides his name will bring in many more people than what you would.?

Noela didn?t know if she should be offended b

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    cool honey :) Palpatine certainly knew how to play it close to the sleeve, didn't he?

You did really work hard on this!

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Chilling and adorable at the same time. How do you do it?

4. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Thanks Noelie, yes this one was hard for me. I couldn't quite get it right.

Ish, I had the bulk of the story written for several days but I couldn't figure out how to make it better. Then I figured out that putting Palpatine in the story, with his thoughts of what he could be planning in the future. I also wanted to hint that he may have had something to do with Padmé's election to be queen. All part of his eventual plan to take over the republic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.