main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Stay The Same (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, OCs) one-shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by micky-nikki, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micky-nikki

micky-nikki Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2005
    Title: To Stay The Same
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, OCs

An irresistable little bunny bit. Kinda nervous about this one. Hope you like it :)

Many thanks to my wonderful beta, DaenaBenjen42 @};-

The sun slowly dipped below the horizon. It?s warmth dissipated, leaving only cool darkness in its wake. At twilight, the strong winds that blew relentless during the day calmed to gentle breezes. The world of Kinta seemed to soften in darkness, though harsh reality lurked just beneath the placid surface.

Padawan Trimar Laria sat in a hard hospital chair, looking out the small window as the sun descended. Behind him, Master Donncha Faolan stood propped against the wall and gazed thoughtfully at his companions, fingers tangled in the short tawny fur that covered his body. They had been Master and apprentice for all of eight days and for their first mission the Council had seen fit to pair them with another team.

Their assignment was to monitor the nobles and protect them should a crisis arise as the planet celebrated the end of the dry season. The festival was to begin in two days and the strictest precautions were taken to ensure the safety of the royal family.

And yet with all the security the planet authorities boasted, some parts of the capital remained vulnerable. Small pockets of petty thieves still roamed the city, lurking the alleys for an unsuspecting citizen to mug.

Normally, this would not be something that the security force would be overly concerned about. One could not hope to flush out every threat for any period of time, however short. But when one of these common criminals manages to injure a Jedi responsible for the protection of the planet?s rulers it becomes an affair of crucial importance.

On the other side of the hospital bed sat Master Qui-Gon Jinn. He was hunched over, elbows resting on his knees, staring unblinking at the still form lying under stark white blankets. His hands hung in front of him, limp and useless. They were the calloused hands of a warrior. Wilted as they were, they indicated defeat.

Another hand lay before him. This one did not yet carry the scars of battle. Though undoubtedly rough, this hand still held the smooth quality of youth. One might mistake it as the hand of a musician or an artist, perfectly molded to handle a tool. But the owner of this hand had never had any special gift in the regards of music and the only masterpiece he had ever created was a macaroni picture that hung in his crèche Master?s office.

No, this hand was molded for a different tool. A tool that, in most recent use, caused a would-be pickpocket to panic and shoot of his souped-up blaster in random directions. One shot had found flesh and now a young man lay in the Barole Medical Center, tightly bandaged and sound asleep.

Trimar had never before been in a hospital. Occasionally, he had made a trip to the Healer?s Wing in the Temple, but not often. The crèche Masters handled most injuries that their young charges obtained. There was such an abundance of new things to see and smell and hear that Trimar found it difficult to focus. Neither of the older Jedi seemed as fascinated with the clinic. And they wouldn?t, he mused, as both had no doubt seen scores of hospitals and other buildings far more interesting.

?Will you and Trimar be able to manage the mission??

The words brought both Jedi back to attention. Master Jinn sat completely unmoved, eyes fastened to his apprentice.

Donncha?s triangular ears perked. ?And where will you be??

One listless hand jumped forward, gesturing at the bed. ?With Obi-Wan.?

Donncha sighed as he pushed off the wall and walked forward a few steps. His arms crossed, one fur-covered hand clasping his elbow. ?Qui-Gon, I understand where you?re coming from. But palace security needs you to be there. You can?t abandon the mission.?

Master Jinn?s blue eyes flicked up to meet his companion?s. ?I do not believe it?s your place to tell me what I can and cannot do.

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

I liked it!=D=

Trimar grinned as well and shook his head. He was a Jedi; he was destined to mature faster than anyone should. But maybe, if only to please his peculiar Master, he could hold off for a while longer.
    Finally we realise that all these Masters are the same.
    They all pretend to be big fearless Jedi Masters
    But under that facade is a vunerable, easily hurt Father
    looking out for their ever so cute

Padawans. (Obi-wan especially)
    I am sure Trimar is just as cute only younger.[face_laugh]

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    What a lovely story.

I loved Qui-Gon's determination to stay by Obi-Wan's side despite his injury not being life-threatening.

I really liked Trimar and Donncha as well. You did a great job developing their characters.

Bravo

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    Whoa..goodness, you're going to get me back into reading Obi and Qui stories! I haven't peeked at one in ages, but I recognized your user name, and gave it a click, and, may I repeat, whoa!

You are very fabulously talented!

I adored your OCs. Adored them. You took such a refreshingly unique perspective in showing this scene through their eyes, and I really like that. Especially showing Qui-Gon through the eyes of another is very telling, clear way to view him.

Your OC's, though, I was talking about. ;) ---so vivid! I felt very connected to them even through this short bit of writing. I love the contradiction, the insecurity, the Master-Padawanness of them. I'd love to see them again sometime. :)

No worries about this fic, it was a gem of a story! =D=

5. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    But the owner of this hand had never had any special gift in the regards of music and the only masterpiece he had ever created was a macaroni picture that hung in his crèche Master?s office.

Awwwww!

I really liked your OCs, especially with the description of Donncha arguing with himself. [face_laugh] You created a very deep pair of characters in such a short piece. I'd love to see more of them. [face_love]

6. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    wow what a perfect piece...I loved Trimar and Donncha and oh course Obi and Qui...but hey who doesn't?...Anyway flawless job on another wonderful story!!~

7. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Wow! :D I loved it! Well-written and gripping, and you did a great job bringing out the little details - like the receptionist's smile. ;)

And the characterizations! Marvelous! You had Qui-Gon right on, but I was actually more interested in Donncha and Trimar. (*gasp* I know :p) You've created two fascinating, three-demensional OC's and I'd really love to see more of them. [face_batting]

8. Svebor

Svebor Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2005
    Nice story. :)

9. micky-nikki

Dec 31, 2005
    Thanks for the wonderful response!

Gkilkenny- Thank you! Yes, the Padawan's are rather loveable at times :)

KELIA- Thanks so much :) I loved Qui-Gon's determination to stay by Obi-Wan's side despite his injury not being life-threatening. He's just so stubborn :p

I really liked Trimar and Donncha as well. You did a great job developing their characters.
    Oh, thank you so much! I'm glad they came across so well.

CharmisJess- You are very fabulously talented! [face_blush] Thank you, I really appreciate that.

I felt very connected to them even through this short bit of writing. I love the contradiction, the insecurity, the Master-Padawanness of them. Their personalities started out so different but the story kinda took over. I'm glad you liked them :)

JadeSolo- Thank you very much! You created a very deep pair of characters in such a short piece. I'd love to see more of them. Hmm, maybe [face_thinking]

kenobiwanobi- Thanks [:D]

Nienna_Narmolanya- Thanks for the feedback! you did a great job bringing out the little details - like the receptionist's smile. I've really been working on that. Thanks for noticing :)

And the characterizations! Marvelous! You had Qui-Gon right on, but I was actually more interested in Donncha and Trimar. (*gasp* I know ) You've created two fascinating, three-demensional OC's and I'd really love to see more of them. Thank you so much!

Svebor- Thank you :)

Have a great 4th everyone! [face_flag] May your sparklers be beautifuul and your bottle-rockets well aimed ;)

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Lovely fic. I really enjoyed Donncha thoughts on having a padawan, though like
    Trimar, it worried me at first. I wonder if the master's initial reaction to Qui-Gon wanting to stay at Obi-Wan's side was more due to him feeling relief that it wsan't his own?

You had no reason to be worried on this at all.

11. micky-nikki

Dec 31, 2005
    Healer Leona- It's always a pleasure to get a review from you :)

I wonder if the master's initial reaction to Qui-Gon wanting to stay at Obi-Wan's side was more due to him feeling relief that it wsan't his own?
    That would definately make sense. Every situation is potentialy dangerous for the Jedi. Any near-miss would be a relief.

Many thanks for the feedback!

12. dralksakrak

dralksakrak Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2006
    This story definetly protrays the true relationship between a padawan and master.

It is awesome.

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.