main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Piece of Cake - Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan - Siriwan? - vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Piece of Cake
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon

Piece of Cake

Obi-Wan Kenobi lay still and silent in his sleep rack, his serene expression betraying none of the turmoil that lurked within him. In his mind, he contemplated the deceptive simplicity of the Code, the true meaning of attachment, and the sad, confused state of his own heart. As diverse as these topics were, they were all connected in a tight orbit around one central point ? Siri Tachi.

Siri, also a Jedi Padawan, had seemingly accepted the impossibility of forming a relationship. She had mourned the loss of what might have been and moved on, her dedication to the rigorous demands of the Order even more steadfast for having withstood the test. And while Obi-Wan admired her loyalty, he found that it also irritated him, indeed, almost infuriated him at times. Simply put, it seemed that Siri did not care any longer.

The problem with that, of course, was that he did care, very much, in fact. So while Siri was probably sleeping peacefully in the quarters she shared with Master Gallia, he was going quietly and slowly insane. It did not seem quite fair to him, that the love they shared should trouble him so much, but not bother her at all.

He sighed and rolled over on his side, facing the wall, hoping that his restlessness would not waken his Master. Furtively, he reached out with the Force, but Qui-Gon slumbered on, unaware of the crisis his Padawan faced. Obi-Wan gave a soft snort of exasperation, both vexed and relieved by his Master?s ignorance.

Face it, nothing is going to make you happy right now. It was the voice in his head, the one that cautioned him when he wished to act recklessly, the voice that admonished him when he erred, the one that made him see himself clearly ? faults and all. Its intrusion was most unwelcome, but he had learned that it could not be banished simply because it made him uncomfortable.

Obi-Wan closed his eyes and tried to open himself up to the Force, desperate for the serenity it always offered. Tonight, however, it proved elusive, skittering out of his grasp and dancing beyond his reach. It seemed even the Force wished him to suffer.

You're really wallowing. The voice was dry, mocking.

The young man sighed again, resignedly, and sat up. He rubbed at his face and got to his feet, wondering what he should do since it was obvious that sleep was out of the question. Suddenly, he imagined the soft roar of water in the Fountain Room and he smiled ? a direction at last.

He shrugged on a shirt and slipped out of his quarters, padding barefoot down the deserted corridor to the lift. After a short ride, the lift doors opened and even from a distance, he could smell the water. His nostrils twitched in awareness and he felt some of his tension leave him. When he entered the Room of a Thousand Fountains, he closed his eyes and inhaled deeply.

Reaching out, he lightly touched the various leaves as he passed, appreciating the rich and varied hues of them. Deep purple leaves swayed beside those of palest green, their pleasant aromas adding a piquant sweetness to the clean scent of the water. He approached a small waterfall and listed to the water tumble over the rocks to the tiny pond below. Obi-Wan knelt and trailed his fingers in the cool water. More tension left him and he felt the edges of his anxiety and confusion growing dull and soft.

Closing his eyes, he reached out for the Force once more. This time, it answered his call eagerly, enveloping him in warm tranquility. He let go of his emotions ? all of them, both the good and the bad ? and simply was. The Force lifted him up, buoyed him in gentle currents. He floated along, content to go where he was taken. How long he drifted, he did not know. One moment he was nothing more or less than the Force itself, and the next he was once again aware of the waterfall?s roar and the cool grass beneath him.

He opened his eyes and blinked.

?I thought I?d find you here,? said a deep voice

2. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Cake! =P~ I love the voice in Obi-Wan's head. Nothing like comic relief and biting truth to follow you around all the time.

Most of all, I loved the way Qui-Gon spoke to Obi-Wan, much like the voice in his head - straightforward but very supportive, and knowing just the right things to say that will help him move on. [face_love]

3. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I love Siri-wan! :_| And I love this vignette. Very creative, I don't think this exact kind of scene has been done before.

Favorite line:

With a wink, Qui-Gon answered, ?To the dining hall, I think I saw some cake. Everything?s better after a big piece of cake.?

Ahh...such wisdom. *wonders if we have any cake in the house*

Well done! =D=

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww, poor Obi and blast that Jedi code!

I love that Qui-Gon was able to comfort him with just the right words

Everything?s better after a big piece of cake.?

I heartily agree! :D

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D=

5. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    ugh! beautiful and wrenching all at the same time.

i love Qui-Gon's simple wisdom and how well he penatrates Obi-Wan's emotional barriers and in just a few sentences, is able to make things so clear.

lovely, lovely work. =D=

6. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_love][face_love]

I loved it!!!

You know that both Obi-Wan and Siri must have had to make some adjustments after they turned their backs on love. :( I bet from Siri's pov she sees obi-Wan as getting over it more easily than she has. That's the way it always goes when you don't talk about things. It often looks like the other person is coping better, when they are having an equally hard time of it. :(

Lovely viggie. :)

7. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    It's nice to see the aftermath and the adjusting period. A really sweet insight into the closeness Obi Wan and Qui Gon share as well.

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    While everyone else was enjoying the cake, I really loved this:

?No,? Qui-Gon agreed. ?They don?t speak of such things, mostly because they think it makes them less of a Jedi to admit that they can actually feel.?

How like Qui-Gon to be a rogue in everything, even to admitting that Jedi can feel love and yet they have a fear of letting anyone know that they love.

Great job with this. Can I have some cake now? [face_laugh]

9. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Awwwwwww, that was sweet.[face_love] Obi-Wan was thinking that Qui-Gon didn't understand and then Qui-Gon catches up to him. But Qui-Gon not only understood Obi-Wan, he had spoken to Siri, too. What a wonderful master. And I liked that Obi-Wan's favorite room was the dining hall.[face_mischief]

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That is the best kind of mush. Followed by a heaping helping of cake!! Immensely satiisfying! :D :D

11. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Poor Obi. :( Good thing your version of Qui was much more understanding and supportive. :) Really pulled the old heart strings there VL.

12. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Awww lovely...sweet interaction between Qui and Obi...

and cake as well =P~

My three favorite things in one fic! ;)

Great job!

13. Jedi_siriwan

Jedi_siriwan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2006
    LOL great job Vader....=D=

14. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    What a sweet scene. With Obi-Wan's and Siri's personalities, I can see that happening - each of them thinking the other is so unaffected. And Qui-Gon understood that Obi-Wan just needed to know that he wasn't alone.

And the cake? That's just icing on the ... well, you know. :p

15. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Poor Obi! I dont like the adjustment period!
    But I do like your viggie Master!
    Now write one with some mush!(and let me know):D

16. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    this is wonderful...if you right more let me know~ :)

17. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Very nice description of unattainable
    love and the pain it causes.:_|

Qui-Gon was very understanding and showed
    Obi-wan a clearer picture of what Siri may have
    been going through.[:D]

Nice piece of mush=D=

=D=

18. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    I thought this was very well done...it's easy to let the angst get away from you but I thought you handled it very well. I've often thought about writing this very thing from Siri's pov, but maybe you should think about doing that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.