main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Father's Attachment [AOTC-era Major AU] Qui-Gon, Anakin/Padme, Shmi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darksideyesplease, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    A Father?s Attachment

Prologue

?Obi-Wan, wait!? Qui-Gon yelled ahead to his apprentice.

Yet it was too late. Obi-Wan Kenobi jumped past the thin, crimson force-field as it faded away and charged towards his adversary.

?No, Obi-Wan.? Qui-Gon repeated.

The Jedi Master ran as hard and as fast as he could to make his way to the opening in which the apparent Sith Lord and his padawan were dueling. Just before he could enter, the red force-fields regenerated themselves stopping Qui-Gon from helping his apprentice.

Obi-Wan jumped a low sweeping slash from Darth Maul?s blade. Maul was in control and Qui-Gon could see it.

?Just hold on, Obi-Wan.? Qui-Gon gave out instructions, trying to assist his learner at the most opportune time.

A bead of sweat raced down Kenobi?s forehead into his eye, as Maul?s blade matched his and overpowered him. Maul was using his strength in the dark side as well as his stronger physical presence to undo the padawan.

Obi-Wan blinked only for a moment as the sweat hit his eye. But that blink was just enough for the powerful Sith apprentice to swing his blade from Obi-Wan?s and pierces the shimmering scarlet blade, taking Obi-Wan?s heart.

?NOOO!? Qui-Gon cried, as the force field vanished and he raced towards Maul.

Qui-Gon awoke in a sweat. He closed his eyes, reliving the grief of that ominous day that took place over ten years ago.

?Obi-Wan.? Qui-Gon cried.

Obi-Wan Kenobi had been the second apprentice to die under the tutelage of Qui-Gon Jinn. After almost not taking Obi-Wan as his student, he had felt he had no choice but to take Anakin on as his padawan learner, so soon after the death of Obi-Wan.

?If I wouldn?t have rushed you.? Qui-Gon blamed himself. ?If I wouldn?t have rushed you to make you feel that you had to move on past my learning. If only I hadn?t fallen behind.?

In fact there were probably one million reasons that seemed logical at times to Qui-Gon Jinn about how Obi-Wan might still be alive today. The truth was he had probably relived each of those moments in his head at least a thousand times a piece, sometimes in a single day.

Qui-Gon fell back onto his pillow and tried to go back to sleep, something he knew was a fruitless effort. He had too much on his mind now. He knew he needed to let go of the past, yet the future seemed just as glum at times.

The only thing that kept him going was the boy who was turning into a young man before his very eyes. A boy destined for great things. Some said terrible things, but Qui-Gon had no doubts about Anakin. He would be great.

Anakin Skywalker had become much more than a padawan to Qui-Gon Jinn. He had become a son, and Qui-Gon a father to him.

The past of Qui-Gon?s former students and the pending future of Anakin had forced Qui-Gon against the code. For he had broken the Jedi Code. Indeed, he had formed an attachment.

Attachments?

Chapter 1 Part 1

Anakin Skywalker sat alone in the dining hall of the Jedi Temple, enjoying his routine breakfast. Enough to keep his energy up and just managed enough to keep light on his during his morning spar.

He looked up just in time to see his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn slowly making way over to the table. Instead of gathering breakfast, Qui-Gon slumped into the seat next to Anakin.

Anakin continued to eat his breakfast in total silence. He would glance over at his master from time to time, yet Qui-Gon only looked straight ahead, saying nothing.

?Didn?t sleep again?? Anakin said, staring straight ahead.

?I slept.? He glumly retorted. ?A little.?

Anakin let his eyes roll half way.

?I still think you should tell Master Yoda about it.? Anakin replied.

?I still don?t see where you got that idea. It?s never seemed to cross your mind before.? Qui-Gon said, any other time it would have been a sarcastic joke, but by the tone of his voice, it was hard to tell.

?Desperate times call for desperate measures.? Anakin replied, sipping the last of his juic

2. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    i really like it so far but did you have to kill obi-wan:_|
    can i get a pm when you update if you update

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Obi-Wan is dead?

:_| :_| :_|

I'm very intrigued to see how Anakin fares under Qui-Gon's teachings.

I hope you continue this - it's wonderful so far

=D= =D= =D=

4. Across_The_Stars-24

Across_The_Stars-24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2005
    This is wonderful. I wonder how Anakin would have turned out if Qui Gon had trained him. Both Qui Gon & Anakin have the same disreguard for rules. They tend to bend them to their views. I can't wait to see what happens. Can you put me on your pm list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.