main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Qui-Gon's Hair Raising Adventure: Qui-Gon's first padawan challenge response. Author replies.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by hyperspace_police, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Title: Qui-Gon's Hair-raising Adventure.
    Author: hyperspace_police
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Yorrie (His Wookie Padawan), Yoda, baby Obi.
    Genre: humor
    Timeframe: Shortly after Qui-Gon is knighted.
    Summary: Qui-Gon takes on his first apprentice and discovers that he
    has more than he bargained for. Their relationship becomes strained
    when her shedding causes their quarters to flood...causing Qui-Gon to
    need a plumber.

Authors note: A response to the First Padawan challenge from the Qui-Gon appreciation
    thread. I don't own any of these characters (except for Yorrie, however...she's based
    on a species that George owns...so I don't really own her.) I give my thanks to George
    for building a sandbox that?s so much fun to play in.

Qui-Gon's Hair-raising Adventure:

She was gifted in the Living Force, there was no doubt about it. It was the thing that attracted Qui-Gon Jinn to her. So, he went to Master Yoda to inquire about taking her as his first Padawan.

"Hmmm," the little green Jedi gnawed on his gimmer stick. "Sure are you about this choice. Many differences between a Wookie and a human there are."

"I am sure Master Yoda. I have meditated on this matter and I feel that I have chosen wisely." Qui-Gon replied. I will take her as my apprentice. I don't care what you try and tell me...I know I am right I can feel it, he thought to himself.

"Trust your feelings, I do. But, remember. Warned you, I did. Easy this will not be. For either of you."

A very long month had passed since he and Yoda had that conversation and he was ashamed to admit it, but part of what Master Yoda had said was correct.

It wasn?t that Yorrie was difficult to live with. Qui-Gon had adjusted to her different dietary needs and accepted that she sometimes liked her food raw. That he could live with. He could even handle the way she could pick him up and set him out of her way when she wanted to.

She was strong willed and stubborn. But, that was what he liked about her. He loved having her as a Padawan. There was only one thing that he was having trouble adjusting to: The constant shedding of Wookie hair.

?Oh dear,? Qui-Gon muttered to himself as he stared down into the drain of the sonic shower. ?There?s water going everywhere.? It was true, the drain was clogged with Wookie hair and he hadn?t noticed as water ran under the doorway and flooded the entire floor of the ?fresher.

?Yorrie, could you come here for a moment,? Qui-Gon called out as he wrapped a towel around himself.

?Rowwrrgh,? came the reply.

Yorrie appeared in the doorway and tried to stifle a hearty Wookie laugh. ?Rowrr Woorr Grrgh Rowwo.?

?Yes,? Qui Gon agreed. ?I have gone and made a bit of a mess?but, it?s your hair in the drain making the water back up like this.?

?Groww grrrh roowoor awooo,? she said with her head turned in a sad way.

?I know that you can?t help shedding?it?s just that you could clean the drain out when you?re done.? Qui-Gon replied with a sigh.

He left and went into his personal quarters, leaving Yorrie to clean up the mess.

When he emerged he was fully dressed and had gotten his hair under some semblance of control. Yorrie was always teasing him about his ?unruly? locks.

?Now, we have creche duty today. So, come along.? Qui-Gon told his young Padawan.

?Roo warrragh a waar ouooru,? she complained at her Master.

?I know that sometimes the younglings don?t take a liking to you. But, you must learn patience. Relax. Let the force flow through you. Channel thoughts of peace to the younglings?? Qui-Gon laughed in spite of himself. ?I?m starting to sound like Dooku. Well, now, I can?t have that.? He turned to Yorrie and added, ?Just don?t growl at any of them this time. I don?t want to listen to all that screaming.?

The headed down to the Nursery section of the Temple. Qui-Gon didn?t blame Yorrie for disliking crèche duty. He didn?t care very much for it either. But, it was part of the job so it would be done.

The entered into the nursery wing an

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Very cute - well, except for the pet-eating part. I loved that the hair was everywhere, no matter what Qui-Gon did, there was the hair...

Good job.

3. yuna_kenobi

yuna_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    pretty funny

i liked it=D=

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Well done Padawan!!

:_| Poor kitty... :(

LOL about the hair! Reminds me of Odin and Roc...hair EVERYWHERE no matter what you do! [face_laugh]

Gotta feel for the girl, she prob didn't quite realize that the kitty was a pet, I mean he did give it to her! [face_laugh]

Excellent job! :D

5. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Hyperspace, that was wonderful!

Qui-Gon with a Wookie padawan--that's hysterical. I loved that she could/would pick him up and set him aside. That had to be a different experience for someone accustomed to being taller than most.

?Just don?t growl at any of them this time. I don?t want to listen to all that screaming.? [face_laugh]

She cooked the baby Nexu? :eek: [face_sick]

You got the Wookie mannerisms and language just right!

6. yuna_kenobi

yuna_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    poor Qui-Gon!:(

i laughed up a lung about the hair![face_laugh] =D=

ingenious:cool:

we should really see more of your writing[face_praying]

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was very cute.

Poor Qui-Gon! but now he knows how Han feels having wookie hair everywhere.

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

That was so cute!! Getting rid of an apprentice cause she ate one of his strays :p =D= Only Qui-Gon :p =D=Well done!

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Bravo! =D= That was very funny! I'm going to have to keep an eye out for more of your work! [face_mischief]

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Thanks for reading this. I look forward to writing more Qui-Gon...It was fun!!

dianethx: Glad you thought it was cute (except, of course, for the eating of the pet...)...Thanks!

yuna-kenobi: Perhaps we will see more of my wrtiting...I have some evil plot bunnies biting...Just need more time...

Kynstar: You were there when this story was born...Perhaps if Qui-Gon had spoken better Wookie he would have know what she was planning on doing with that Nexu...

Ara-gon: Cool! You thought I got the wookie stuff right. I liked giving Qui someone bigger than himself to work with...

Kelia: He could sympathize with Han...hmmmm??? Great, now I've got a Han/Chewie plot bunny...Evil, evil bunny...

Layren: Yep...cooked a stray...but, she was just trying to make Qui-Gon a nice dinner....

VaderLVR64: I'm truly flattered that you like this...Your stuff is so great...WOW! Thanks for that compliment.

11. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Oh dear, too funny, wonderful job on this challenge hyperspace!

=D=

12. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    It is ironic, that Qui-Gon, of all people, would be having such problems with someone else hair. :D Very amusing. It's a shame that they couldn't make it work, but he came across Xanatos and Obi-Wan on the way. :)

13. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    Hilarious. Just hilarious.

14. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Not to leave out thanks to the rest of you who read this since I posted Thank You's...

Kestrel_Kenobi: Thanks! It was a lot of fun to wirte.

ardavenport: I thought about the "hair" thing for a long time...I've read a whole lot of Qui fics that have his hair getting him into all sorts of trouble so I figured I'd turn the tables on him. Glad you liked it.

Tatooine_Ghost: Glad you found it funny...I just feel sorry for the Nexu.

As my first attempt to write Qui-Gon...thanks for reading this and finding it amusing.

You're a wonderful audience. The best that could be asked for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.