main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Temple Pranks Gone Bad: How Mace Windu Lost His Lovely Locks: AU/Angsty Humor: UPDATE 1-20-09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by hyperspace_police, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Title: Temple Pranks Gone Bad: How Mace Windu Lost His Lovely Locks.
    Author: hyperspace_police
    Characters: MaceWindu/Dooku/Yoda/Qui-Gon/Padawan Obi/Jocasta/Siri/.
    Genre: AU/Humor
    Summary: Sick and tired of Mace Windu's Temple pranks, Dooku enlists the help of his former Padawan(Qui-Gon, the librarian (Jocasta Nu) and some young Jedi Padawans (Obi-Wan and Siri) to help him prank the so called "Master of Pranks." Unfortunately their prank does not go exactly as planned.
    Disclaimer: I don't own any of this. I just like to play with my shovel in the wonderful Lucas sandbox. And this fic is in no way meant to offend anyone who happens to be bald (either by nature or choice) If it does offend, please accecpt my apologies in advance. (I myself have been bald recently due to chemotherapy.)

Temple Pranks Gone Bad: How Mace Windu Lost His Lovely Locks.

Chapter One

It was a nice quiet morning at the Jedi Temple. Masters, Knights, and Padawans were starting their day and heading down to the Dining Hall for breakfast. Little did they know that their peace would be short lived.

"Aaarrrgggghhhh!" came the blood curdling cry from somewhere down the hall from Master Yoda's private quarters. "Nooooooooooooo!!"

Jedi of all shape and sizes came running from all directions to see what the screaming was about. The ruckus was coming from the quarters of Master Dooku. With all the commotion nobody noticed that one Jedi was not running towards the screams, but from them.

He slipped through the shadows and made his way toward the dining hall. Thinking that he was free and clear he stepped out of the shadows as he rounded a corner. Unfortunately for him, he ran right into Master Yoda.

"Hmmm. If away from the trouble you go...I must assume that something to do with it you have?" the small Jedi Master accused, poking the guilty party with his gimmer stick. "With you what are we going to do, Master Windu?"

Mace flashed Yoda his best smile, "I have no idea what you are...," he looked down at Yoda and knowing that it would be futile to continue with his denile added, "Oh all right, I did it. But, it's only temporary and somebody had to do something. He's been way too arrogant lately. Besides, he got me last time. Remember when he swapped my lightsaber crystals and I went into that class of younglings with a Sith blade?"

"Your point, I see. Between yourselves must you work this out. Interfere, I will not."

Mace wondered about that last part but, decided not to press his luck. "Well then, I'm off to breakfast."

Mace turned and headed towards the dining hall while Yoda went to see just how bad off Master Dooku was. On his way towards Dooku's quarters, he met Qui-Gon and Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi (who in his youth had been quite the prankster but thankfully had seen fit to outgrow the habit.)

"Master Qui-Gon, how bad is it?" Yoda asked his former student.

"Well," he chuckled. "I hope that its temporary. Let's just say that Count Dooku is looking rather blue..."

It was true. Mace had tampered with Dooku's shampoo by putting blue dye into the bottles. So, when Master Dooku finally arrived at breakfast...he had blue hair and a blue beard and a rather bad attitude about the whole thing.

Over the next few days, several of the younglings adopted the name "Blue Beard" to refer to Count Dooku.

"I just can't believe he got me so good." Dooku was saying to Yoda over tea.

"Well, deserved it you did after the saber incident."

"Ah yes, the saber. The look on his face as thirty younglings went running down the halls screaming "Master Windu is a Sith," that was priceless."

The blue in his beard and hair was beginning to fade away but, his desire to prank Windu was only growing stronger.

"If to prank Master Windu is your desire. Count me in. Put in his place he needs to be."

"Master Yoda, I'm surprised." Dooku looked at the small Jedi Master with respect.

"And quite a few others there are who involved wish to be."

Next chapter: A small group of Jedi, led by Count Dooku plot the Ultimate Prank againgt the Pranking

2. yuna_kenobi

yuna_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    YES!!![face_laugh]

Perfectly priceless.=D= =D= =D= =D=

I look forward to the next post!=D= [face_laugh] =D= [face_laugh]

please pm me.

(i got the first reply!)

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Blue? [face_batting] Oh my! [face_love]

[face_laugh] Priceless! Juz great! Can't wait to see them in action getting back at Mace!

=D= Well done! :D

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I can't wait to see wht happnes next. Could you PM with updates?

=D=

5. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    haircolor pranks are the best! Reminds me of the HP one where Lily dye's the Headmaster's beard pink with little hearts...XD
    "Blue Beard" should become a running fanfiction joke, its too perfect! Mind if I do a little bit with referance to this fic? I just got bit by a blue plotbunny. Cant wait fore more!

6. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Hee hee! You're on a roll! May I please have PMs?

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    This is going to be GOOOOOOOOOOD.

Please PM me, too.

Can't wait to see what part Yoda plays in this.

8. Persephone_Kore

Persephone_Kore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2006
    *laughing hysterically* Oh, my....

9. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Blue beard Dooku!! That's too funny of an image :D Excellent job looking forward to more!

10. Vaders_Right_Hand

Vaders_Right_Hand Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2005
    VRH
    Funny. I loved the switched lightsaber and Master Windu as a sith.

11. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    "Well," he chuckled. "I hope that its temporary. Let's just say that Count Dooku is looking rather blue..."

LOL!

A small group of Jedi, led by Count Dooku plot the Ultimate Prank againgt the Pranking Jedi Master.

Gosh, I have a very bad feeling about this. [face_devil] !!

12. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    yuna_kenobi: Glad you liked it. It was an evil little plot bunny that bit my muse...

Kynstar: Yep. Blue. It's a good color...

VaderLVR64: Aha. I can't wait either...oh wait...I'm writing it. "Oh not good."

Lady_Snow_Kaguya: Glad to have sparked a plot bunny. I liked your bunny, by the way.

Ara-gon: Thanks. Hope you like this chapter.

Valiary_Scot: I hope it's Goooood...and Yoda has a lot of surprises up his gimmer stick.

Persephone_Kore: It's supposed to be funny so, I'm glad you're laughing.

Layren: Well, the bluebeard thing was b/c of it being Kynstar's fav color...glad you liked it.

Vaders_Right_Hand: Glad you liked them switching Mace's crystal...

leia_naberrie: A very bad feeling is the best kind.....

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the upcoming chapter.

13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Chapter 2

At a corner booth at Dexter's Diner sat several Jedi...this alone was not that unusual as Dexter's was a favorite place to escape the bland temple food, but this group was up to something that was very un-Jedi like.

The Jedi Master's Yoda and Count Dooku were on one side on the booth with Kitt Fisto, who was newly knighted. Across from them sat Qui-Gon Jinn, his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Ki-Adi Mundi.

"Are we sure we want to go through with this?" Ki-Adi asked the others.

"Of course we do." Dooku chimed in. "I've been waiting a long time for this."

"A lesson, he must be taught." Yoda added.

"But, how are we going to pull this off?" Obi-Wan asked innocently.

"That is where you come in, my very young Padawan." Qui-Gon smiled at Obi. "You are going to create a distraction."

"Why do I always have to be the distraction?" Obi whined. "You know," he looked his Master accusingly..."This is why everybody thinks I'm so kriffing clumsy."

"Mind your language you will, Young One." Yoda lectured.

"Well, I think it's our best bet." Kitt Fisto added.

"Allright," Dooku began. "Obi-Wan will create a distraction by putting himself in peril. When Mace is forced to go to his aid, Kitt will go and switch his shampoo bottles. Then, all we have to do is sit back and wait for him to learn his lesson."

"See it coming, Master Windu will not." Yoda smiled.

Mace had been pulling pranks at the temple ever since he was big enough to walk. Nobody was off-limits as far as he was concerned and he had caused many a gray hair throughout his career at the Temple.

Temple pranking was as old as the code. And each year they got more daring as young Jedi (and some not so young) developed new ideas.

But, nobody had ever gotten Mace Windu really good. And it was time that he went down.

Everyone knew that while Mace loved the color purple, he despised pink. So, during the secret meeting at Dexter's they decided to prank Mace's shampoo with dye, just as he had done to Dooku.

"Careful we must be, if this plan is going to work. Very dangerous failure will be." Yoda said to each Jedi as they left Dexter's.

Meanwhile, back at the temple...
    I can't believe that the younglings are still calling Dooku "Bluebeard." Mace was saying to himself.

I also can't believe that I've finally grown my hair out. It's been short for so long, but when I have straightened, it comes alomost to my shoulders...But, today I think I'll wear it in fashion from my home planet. Sticking out whichever way...Cause it looks cool.

Everything was in place. Obi-Wan had talked his freind Siri Tachi into helping him create a distraction. They had planned very carefully and were looking forward to seeing Mace go down.

Obi-Wan's comlink chirped quietly, signaling that Qui-Gon and the rest of the group were in position. He nodded at Siri and she took off running down the hall towards Master Windu's quarters. She knew that she had to act quickly, waking Windu before he had a chance to use the 'fresher.

She began to bang on his door. To her surprise, he answered the door compeletly dressed and ready for the day. His hair as fresh and poofy as ever.

"Uh.." she stammered. "Master Windu, Obi-Wan is in trouble. He accidently fell into the laundry shute because he had dropped his belt with his tunic and you know how he's always loosing his lightsaber and how Master Qui-Gon is always telling him that your weapon is your life..." she said, running her sentences all together and coming off as paniced.

"He's stuck, you've got to help me get him out."

"Allright, Siri." Mace smiled. "Let's go get Obi-Wan out of trouble again..."

The hurried down the hall to the laundry chute where a crowd had gathered because of Obi-Wan's cries. He was supposed to gently slide a little ways down the chute and wait for Siri but he had slipped and was now hanging upside down at the bottom of the chute and had unfortunately lost his lightsaber.

"Maste

14. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    "Why do I always have to be the distraction?" Obi whined. "You know," he looked his Master accusingly..."This is why everybody thinks I'm so kriffing clumsy."

Awww! Poor Oafy-Wan. [face_devil]

Long it is. Looks good on you, it does." Yoda said.
    "Really?" Mace asked. "I never realized you liked my hair."
    "Yes, like it I do. Get mine to do that, I wish I could."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Nearly dies laughing at the mental image of Yoda in rollers!
    Thanks for the PM! :)

15. yuna_kenobi

yuna_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    hahahahahaha[face_laugh]

Everyone knew that while Mace loved the color purple, he despised pink. So, during the secret meeting at Dexter's they decided to prank Mace's shampoo with dye, just as he had done to Dooku.

i loved it!=D= =D= lolololololol

keep'm coming!

16. Persephone_Kore

Persephone_Kore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2006
    *falls over at Yoda* "Looks good on you it does," indeed.... And poor Obi-Wan, with people thinking he's uncoordinated because his lunatic Master and accomplices make him play the distraction.

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    See, I KNEW my Obi-Wan wasn't really a klutz! [face_batting]

"A lesson, he must be taught." Yoda added.

"But, how are we going to pull this off?" Obi-Wan asked innocently.

"That is where you come in, my very young Padawan." Qui-Gon smiled at Obi. "You are going to create a distraction."

"Mind your language you will, Young One." Yoda lectured.

"Well, I think it's our best bet." Kitt Fisto added.

"Allright," Dooku began. "Obi-Wan will create a distraction by putting himself in peril. When Mace is forced to go to his aid, Kitt will go and switch his shampoo bottles. Then, all we have to do is sit back and wait for him to learn his lesson."

Loved it! =D=

18. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    "Allright, Siri." Mace smiled. "Let's go get Obi-Wan out of trouble again..."

The hurried down the hall to the laundry chute where a crowd had gathered because of Obi-Wan's cries. He was supposed to gently slide a little ways down the chute and wait for Siri but he had slipped and was now hanging upside down at the bottom of the chute and had unfortunately lost his lightsaber.

"Master Qui-Gon is going to kill me." Obi-Wan muttered. "I've gone and lost my saber again." Perhaps I should just fall down this chute to my death...it would be easier than admitting I've lost my saber again.

[face_laugh] [face_love] [face_laugh]

I love it!

19. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Mace with a fro? o_O And Yoda envying it? [face_liarliar] [face_laugh]

Poor Obi! He's the fall guy--literally. I know, that was a terrible pun, wasn't it? :p

Very funny!

20. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Bluebeard *snerk* Oh, how I love that nickname XD...cant wait to see how the prank happens....hehehehe

21. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Well I never imagined Mace Windu with hair XP

22. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

That kind of reminded me of the Scooby Doo cartoons where Fred always suggests going off alone with the girls while Scooby and Shaggy watch out for bad guys [face_laugh] Poor Obi, he's not really a klutz at all, it's their fault!

23. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    Uh oh, Mace has the best and most devious minds in the temple working against him. [face_laugh]

PM me please, I don't want to miss the revenge.

24. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    I can not wait for the next chapter. And could you please add me to your PM list.
    UP

25. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    leia_naberrie: I laugh at the idea of Yoda in rollers too...very funny thought.

yuna_kenobi: Glad that you're laughing. Freaky that there are people out there that "get" my sense of humor.

Persephone_Kore: Yep, Obi gets a reputation for being clumsy that might not be entirely his fault...

VaderLVR64: Well, maybe not quite the Klutz he gets blamed of being...but, he's still pretty prone to unfortunate circumstances...esp. if I'm writing him...hee hee hee *insert evil author laughter here*

Valiary_Scot: Glad to hear you're liking it.

Ara-gon: Ha ha ha "Fall Guy" ha ha ha...loved that one.

Lady_Snow_Kaguya: Yes, bluebeard is a classic...

Kacen: Surely at some time in life Mace had some hair...

Layren: You know...that gave me a Scooby-esque plot bunny crossover idea...Hmmm???

Aya-Na_Bashu: Oh yes...Mace is in for a big surprise...

Tatooine_Ghost: Glad you liked it. Adding you to the pm list...

Thanks for reading and here's the next chapter.

Chapter 3

The water was warm. Mace was enjoying his shower. It was one of his favorite times of the day. He loved to get up early and exercise then get into the 'fresher and stand under the water, enjoying the warmth.

He knew there was a lot of dust in his hair from the laundry chute and because of this...he decided to lather, rinse, and repeat three times...

All was going well until he happened to notice that the water was backing up in the 'fresher. He looked down and the drain was full of hair.

Mace realized that his hands were covered in hair...that he was covered in hair. There was hair everywhere...

"What the?" he muttered stepping out of the shower and wiping the mirror so he could see.

The scream could be heard all over the Temple. It was probably heard outside of the Temple. It was at that moment that Dooku and Yoda (and everybody else who was in on the prank) knew that Mace was looking at himself with pink hair.

Unfortunatley nobody realized that hair dye would cause Mace's hair to fall out instead of changing colors.

Yoda made his way down the hall and gently knocked on Mace's door.

"A problem there is, Master Windu?" Yoda asked as he knocked.

"It's nothing that I can't handle," came the voice from inside..."I'll see you at breakfast."

Yoda shrugged and started toward the Dining Hall for a cup of caf. (He was trying to quit the stuff, but decided that today he needed to be very alert...)

"What is happening to me?" Mace said out loud to nobody in particular. (He was alone in his room after all.)

He looked at his reflection in the mirror. Puzzled, he ran his hands over his perfectly smooth head. "I don't understand. This isn't supposed to happen until I'm a whole lot older. I mean, Yoda still has some of his hair and he's kriffing ancient."

Knowing that he was soon to be the subject of everyone's pity Mace grabbed a scrap of cloth and wrapped it around his head. "I'll just tell them that I didn't have time to do my hair and that I didn't want it hanging in my face during saber practice," he muttered to his reflection as he left his quarters.

Meanwhile in the dining hall...

Yoda, Dooku, Kit, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Siri were sitting around a table enjoying muja muffins and caf...They were all talking in hushed voices about how Mace was going to look with Pink hair.

"I bet he tries to cover it up with something until he can figure out how to fix it." Kit was saying as Mace entered the Dining hall.

"Good Morning Master Windu. Come, sit and eat with us you must." Yoda said to Mace who sauntered over to join them as if he didn't have a turban on his head.

"Mace, what is that on your head?" Qui-Gon asked innocently.

"Yes, my friend...Are you starting a new fashion trend?" Dooku added with complete seriousness.

"Well, I overslept," Mace began. "And I didn't have time to dry my hair out so, I tied it up so it doesn't get in my face while I work with the younglings in Saber Technique

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.