main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Beginnings ((Mostly OC, some Qui-Gon, love triangle, lots of mush))

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Title: Beginnings
    Author: Alexis_Wingstar
    Characters: OC's, Qui-Gon Jinn (I had to edit this, as for some reason when I first wrote it I put Obi-wan instead of Qui-Gon :oops: )
    Genre: General Star Wars
    Timeframe: Approximately 35 years before TPM
    Summary: Padawan Kavin Horn has loved fellow Padawan Miri Nerys since they were younglings. He's been able to keep his feelings hidden until they, along with a third padawan, Vance Tiin, become stranded on a planet together during a mission. At the same time, Tiin is becoming aware he has feelings towards Miri as well.

The three padawans moved through the woods silently as they searched for a good place to rest for the night. Tiin took the lead as Kavin brought up the rear.

I wish Tiin would bring up the rear. Thought Kavin as he watched Miri's graceful figure move through the trees and admired the way her hips swayed. I don't know how much longer I can keep how I feel secret! It's so much easier at the temple, where I can excuse myself and go meditate. But we have to stick together here.

Coming across some particularly rough patch of ground, Miri stumbled, and Kavin was quickly there to help steady her. His heart raced as he touched her, and was careful to hide his feelings through the force.

"Thank you, Kavin." Miri said as she looked in his eyes with her big brown beautiful orbs.

"Yeah, just be careful." Kavin said quickly as he stepped away from her. His voice sounded almost harsh in his ears, and he felt bad about how it came out.

"I'm sorry." Miri replied.

Kavin heard the hurt in Miri's voice and saw the injured look in her eyes. He wanted to reach out to her and apologize, but she had turned and walked on. He thought it best to let it go, because if he did reach out to her, he would surely tell her he loved her... and jedi were not supposed to love... not in the romantic sense.

"Stang, but she's beautiful!" He muttered under his breath. I wish I could be like Tiin. He's always in control.

~~~

Miri felt hurt and confused by Kavin's behavior. Why is he being so cold? This isn't like him at all!

Kavin was always able to make her laugh whenever she got frustrated when she failed to peform a particularly difficult manuever in the higher forms. It made her relax, and the next time she tried she was able to do it. He always seemed to know her moods and how to cheer her. Now though, he was cold and distant. Have I done something to anger him?

She looked forward at Tiin. At least he hasn't changed. Tiin was always a fortress of quiet strength. Unlike Kavin, he was always very serious. Yet, he also supported her in his own quiet way. Even now, though he didn't look back at her, she could sense him sending her a calm reassurance.

~~~~

Tiin walked quietly in the lead. He sensed the turmoil from his friends behind him. What is wrong with Kavin? Why is he treating Miri so rough? She should be treated like a queen. Tiin shook his head, telling himself to stop thinking along those lines. Ever since they crashed on this planet, he had felt a growing warmth for Keera. Perhaps it had always been there, but, he had been able to dismiss it before.

He felt her distress, and tried to calm her through the force. He was relieved when it seemed to work.

The trio finally came to a large rocky outcropping with a small cave. It was none to soon, as clouds were rolling in and the wind was picking up, readying for a storm.

Somehow Kavin and Miri kept bumping into each other as they settled in. Kavin had to control himself not to let his touch linger on her, and tried to manuever so they wouldn't be so close.

Kavin leaned over to get something out of his pack. He backed up a step, and once more bumped against Miri.

"Do you always have to be so close?" He asked irritably. He regretted it as soon as it was out of his mouth.

"As if you didn't notice, this cave is rather small!" Miri responded exasperated.

"Then maybe one of us shoul

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Welcome to fanfic Alexis.

Nice start on this fic. Sounds like Mira might be up to her ears in suitors. Could you PM me when you update here?

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thanks, I'll be sure to PM you. :) The story is actually finished, but it's so long I'll be posting in segments once a week to give people a chance to read a little at a time. I'll try to make sure that each update post ends in a good cliff-hanger. [face_whistling]

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very intriguing beginning.

I certainly hope Tiin isn't too badly hurt.

It's too bad Kavin couldn't figure out a better way to mask his feelings than to hurt Miri.

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you, Kelia. I'm glad you enjoyed the story so far. I enjoyed writing it. :)

I won't give away Tiin's condition, except to say he won't die... no point of having a love triangle if one side of get's killed off. [face_clown]

As far as Kavin's way to mask his feelings, he really doesn't intentionally hurt Miri. He doesn't mean to be surly and ill-tempered towards her. The pressure of trying to not only mask his feelings, but stop feeling them serves only to make him irritated. In other words, the repressed sexual tention makes him behave irrationally.

I may just go ahead and post the next installment tomorrow. :)

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Meanwhile, back in the cave, Kavin watched outside anxiously for his friends to return. He sensed something was wrong.

I can't wait for them any longer! He thought as he withdrew his hilt and left the cave, letting the force guide him to his friends.

"TIIN!"

He heard Miri's scream, and no longer needed the force to guide him.

"MIRI!" He called out as he started to run. "I'M COMING!"

He heard her scream again, and he used force speed to get there quicker. He came to a clearing to see Miri standing alone against several large, ferocious beasts. His heart beat fast as he lit his lightsaber and rushed to her side. It didn't take long before they dispatched the rest of the pack.

Kavin stood there with his lightsaber down by his side, just looking at Miri as she looked around to see if there were any more. He could sense through the force there weren't, though. He wanted to reach out and embrace her, then he realized....

"Where's Tiin?"

Miri quickly looked around to where Tiin had fallen and ran to him. She turned off her lightsaber and attached the hilt to her belt as she knelt beside the fallen padawan. Tears were in her eyes as she tried to lift the branch off of him.

Kavin gasped, and without thinking just used the force to throw the branch away. He knelt beside Miri and took Tiin's hand. "Tiin! Can you hear me?"

He looked at Miri. "You're strong in force healing... can you help him?"

Miri was already reaching out her hand to touch Tiin's head. There was a serious gash on the side, and she could see a bone protruding. She closed her eyes as she let the force flow through her.

Kavin kept a lookout for other predators as Miri worked quickly to at least stablize their friend. Lightening flashed all around them, and the thunder was just one vast roar.

"Miri, we must get back to the cave, it's not safe here!" He shouted over the wind and thunder.

Miri slowly pulled away from Tiin. "I think it's alright to move him now!"

Kavin lifted Tiin, and carried him over his shoulder as Miri quickly followed. Soon they arrived back at the cave, and Kavin gently lowered Tiin's limp body.

Miri got a spare shirt from her backpack and put it under Tiin's head for a pillow. She sat next to Tiin, shivering and trying not to cry.

All Kavin wanted to do was put his arm around Miri and reassure her things will be alright, but instead he concerned himself with practicalities. He was wet and shivering just as she was. Tiin would be cold as well. "We need to change clothes... you can change behind that large rock over there."

He handed Miri her backpack, and she nodded, doing as he said. Meanwhile, he changed Tiin's clothes and put a blanket over him. When Miri was finished dressing, he went to change his clothes behind the outcropping as well. When he came back around the large rock, he saw Miri holding Tiin's hand, her soft brown eyes looking sorrowful.

It hurt him to see her so sad. Without thinking he sat beside her and put an arm around her shoulders. He closed his eyes as she laid her head against his own shoulder. Stll not thinking about it, Kavin kissed her on the forehead and carressed her cheek with his free hand.

She looked up at him with her big beautiful eyes, and he leaned his head down and kissed her lips. It pleased him to feel her return the kiss. His heart beat faster within his chest as he hugged her and felt her soft curves against him. "Oh, Miri, I love you!"

Miri pulled away, and looked up at him in surprise.

He backed away from her slowly, his body shaking and breathing heavily. "I'm sorry... I..." He looked away feeling foolish. He had not planned to make a move on her. Especially while their best friend was lieing on the cold cave floor fighting for his life. "I'm such a fool!"

Miri placed a gentle hand upon his freckled cheek. "No you aren't! You are a sweet, loving, kind person." Her heart beat fast as she continued, "And I love you, too."

There, I said it! She thought as Kavin took her hand

7. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Poor Tiin. That wound sounds ghastly. I'm glad to see that Miri and Kavin profess their love to each other. [face_love] I hope all three get out of this situation okay.

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    It was either that for Kavin or him go insane. [face_laugh]

Ok, here's the next 'chapter':

Tiin moaned, and Kavin looked over at him and frowned with concern. "He's shivering.."

Miri looked at Tiin through the force. "There's not much else I can do for him... he's in a healing trance. We should keep him as warm as possible."

Kavin looks around the cave. "There's no ventilation, so even if we had dry wood to build a fire, the smoke would choke us out... the best way I can think of to keep him warm is for us to lay beside him."

Miri nods in agreement. The two of them slip under the blanket covering Tiin. Miri on one side, Kavin on the other. They hold hands over their friend's chest, and eventually fall asleep.

~~~~

Morning came, and Kavin was the first to wake. He quietly got up to change his pants to get rid of certain evidence of the dream he had in which he and Miri had consumated their love for each other.

He stood in deep thought near the cave entrance watching the sunrise. He contemplated the later part of his dream in which he had heard a sequence of babies crying. The first one was a strong cry, followed by laughter. The second was similar. The third was a weak cry followed by a painful scream of a woman greiving. The fourth was an almost musical cry. The last baby crying seemed to speak a message, but Kavin had woke up at that point, and couldn't remember it, no matter how hard he tried.

Why do my dreams always have to be so wierd?

As soon as Miri woke, she checked Tiin to see if he was alright. Satifsied, she looked around. Seeing Kavin by the cave entrance, she got up and went to him and put her arms around him from behind. She lay her head against his back.

Kavin smiled and placed his hands on hers, softly carressing them. "Good morning, beautiful." He turned and embraced her. "So, it wasn't a dream... we did confess our love for each other."

"If it was a dream, it was the dearest one I've ever had, and never want to wake from it." She replied softly.

He kissed her on the lips, savoring their sweet taste and soft texture.

She returned the kiss with equal passion. "Oh, Kavin! What are we to do!"

"As you said last night, my love, we shall first get off this planet and go back home to the temple." He softly carresses her cheek, wiping a tear that had fallen. "Then we shall decide."

Kavin leaned in to kiss her again, and they continued showing their affection, their passion growing.

Kavin pulled away, breathing heavily. "Miri... we'd better stop..."

Miri looked at him with hurt eyes.

"It's just that if we continue, we... I won't be able to stop.. I want you, Miri..." He carressed her cheek. "I just want our first time... if we decide to be together, to be special... if we continue, you could become pregnant, and we won't have a choice."

"Ok.... Tiin seems to be holding out alright for now, but, maybe we should try to contact our masters." Miri said as she took out her com unit.

"No!" Even though he said it rather sharply, he placed his hand on top of hers gently. "They told us they would contact us when it was safe. Using our coms now could place us all in danger."

"You're right, of course." Miri acknowledged.

The two sat together holding hands and ate some rations. They spent a lot of time just talking to each other, and found themselves laughing together quite a bit.

A couple hours later, Kavin's com beeped, and he quickly answered it.

"Kavin, we're in the position to pick up the three of you." Came Master Olan's voice. "We just have to pinpoint your location."

"Understood, sir. Master, Tiin has been hurt, and he's in a healing trance."

There was a moment of silence on the other end. "We'll be there as soon as we can. Is there a place near you where a shuttle can land?"

9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    NOt surprised at the dreams under the circumstances and happy that they were able to contain themselves. ;) More surprised at Qui-Gon's reation to the two.

I wonder what they'll do now as well.

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I must admit I never read any of the stories about Qui-Gon as a padawan (except for a couple fanfics posted here) so I've no idea how much of a 'rogue' he was back then. However I got the impression that he was strongly attuned to the living force even then.

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    "That's what we're trying to work out." Kavin said softly as he looked at Miri who returned his gaze with a small smile. "There's two options, and either one will be hard to do. We can either remain in the Order and not act on our love, or we leave the Order and get married."

"There's a third option." Tiin said softly. He cleared his throat as all three friends looked over at him curiously. "One could leave the order while the other stays. You could marry and keep it secret easier that way."

"If we take your suggestion, Tiin, which of us do you think should leave?" Miri asked out of curiosity.

Tiin looked at Miri, and quickly had to look away from her, not able to look her in the eye. "I wouldn't want to see either of you leave. But if you take this third option, logically it should be you, Miri. If you and Kavin should have a child, it would be difficult to hide your pregnacy."

Qui-gon's eyes narrowed as he watched and listened to Tiin. Are you trying to help them or break them up? Qui-gon thought, but he didn't voice it. He looked over at Kavin and Miri. "Long distance relationships aren't easy. Whichever path you choose, there will be sorrow. Just know that whatever you choose to do, I'll help you in any way I can."

"Thank you, Qui-gon." Kavin smiled. "You have always been a great friend."

"No less a friend than you have been."

Kavin looked over at Miri. "I think we need to go somewhere and talk this over alone."

At Miri's affirmative nod, Kavin stood and offered her a hand up. She took his hand, smiling softly. For just a moment they stood there looking at each other, eye to eye, for they were close to the same height. The love between them was palpable.

Miri cleared her throat and they parted from each other enough and were able to shield their emotions once more. She turned to Tiin and Qui-Gon.

"Thank you both for your help." She hugged them both before looking at Kavin once more.

Kavin smiled rather mischievously and nodded to their two friends. "Don't expect a hug from me, but I thank you as well."

Miri giggled.

Qui-gon chuckled before quipping, "That's quite alright, I rather have a hug from Miri than you anyway."

Tiin just stood there stoically.

Kavin and Miri left the courtyard, leaving Qui-gon and Tiin alone. Qui-gon looked at Tiin, studying him.

Disconcerted by Qui-gon's scrutiny, he said defensively, "What?"

12. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    At elast they are seriously discussion options. Hmm, they could both stay in the Order and hide they're love. No one says Miri has to get pregnant.

Hmm yeah, that is right! :p

Nice post Alexis

13. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    True, but, if they act on their love, there is a possibility that sooner or later she could get pregnant.. I'm not sure if there's a Jedi technique to convince those sperm they don't wanna go for that egg :p

[face_laugh]

Thank you,Healer_Leona :D

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another great chapter! :D

Kavin smiled rather mischievously and nodded to their two friends. "Don't expect a hug from me, but I thank you as well."

Miri giggled.

Qui-gon chuckled before quipping, "That's quite alright, I rather have a hug from Miri than you anyway."

Tiin just stood there stoically.

Kavin and Miri left the courtyard, leaving Qui-gon and Tiin alone. Qui-gon looked at Tiin, studying him.

=D=

15. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    "You love her too, don't you?" Qui-Gon asked, coming straight to the point.

"Who?" Tiin tried to act like he did not know what his friend was talking about.

Qui-Gon merely gave him a look which obviously said, "Come off it!"

"Of course I love her. She's a good friend. Just as you and Kavin are."

"But with Miri it's more than that." Qui-Gon pressed.

Tiin remained silent. He couldn't deny it.

"So you give them the worse possible advice to make sure they break up."

"NO!" Tiin said vehemently. He looked quickly around to see if his outburst attracted any attention, then turned back to Qui-Gon. He added quietly, "Yes, I have found myself loving Miri. But I decided not to act on it. I want to be a Jedi, and I won't let emotion interfere."

"So you decided to make it so neither of you will be happy with Miri."

"I don't know what you mean. I made it so they can have both!"

"Do you mean it didn't occur to you that long distance relationships don't last in the long run? If they take your advice, they will be headed for much more sorrow than if they stay in the order and not carry on with their feelings for each other or both quit and got married."

Tiin sat down heavily upon a bench. "What have I done?" He looks up at Qui-Gon. "I... didn't fully think it over... I was only..." He closes his eyes. "I acted on emotion.. I was afraid they would both leave, and I wouldn't see them anymore. I thought that at least with Kavin around I wouldn't lose both friends."

Qui-Gon could sense the honesty of Tiin's answer. "Well, whatever your intentions were, I fear the advice you gave will lead to much pain."

"Well, maybe they won't take it." Tiin says hopefully.

"We can only hope." Qui-Gon agreed.

Meenwhile, Kavin and Miri walked together on the streets of the upper level. They had first stopped by their rooms to change into 'civilian' clothes. And now walked hand and hand toward the park.

They said nothing as they walked, just enjoyed each other's company, stealing glances at each other and smiling when each caught the other looking.

When they finally reached the park, they sat on a bench overlooking a pond where assorted water fowl swam and bobbed their heads down to catch some fish just under the water.

"So," Kavin started, "what do you want to do?" He swallowed a lump in his throat.

"Kavin, I can't hide what I feel!" A tear came to her eyes. "I love you too much!"

"Miri," he spoke gently as he carressed her cheek to wipe away the tears. "I feel the same way. The question is, do we both quit, or take Tiin's suggestion."

"Kavin, you have so much potential! You'd make a great Jedi Knight. I don't wish to hold you back."

"You have potential too, Miri. No less than I."

"Perhaps." Miri blushed, then added, "But what Tiin said made sense. I am the one who will carry our children inside me. That won't be easy to hide as a Jedi. Impossible in fact. So I'm the logical one to quit the order if only one of us leaves."

"You do know," Kavin spoke slowly, "that we'll be apart quite a bit if we do this. Are you sure we shouldn't both quit?" Kavin could hardly believe he was talking about leaving the order. It was all he knew, and the prospect of leaving frightened him more than facing a rampaging Delarian bull without a lightsaber in hand. Yet, his heart ached at the thought of rarely seeing Miri. He also knew how hard long distance relationships were, and did not want to see their love drowned by the long stretch of void between star systems.

Miri looked down at her hands. In her heart of hearts, she wanted to be with Kavin for the rest of her life, and not be waiting for him for months on end for him to be able to come home to her. She looked up at him, and could sense his inner turmoil, and knew how much being a Jedi meant to him. "I love you with all my heart, Kavin." A tear rolled slowly down her cheek. "I can't make you leave the order for me."

Kavin caressed her cheek and gently wiped the tear away as he leaned in to kiss her tenderly upon the lips. "You won't be making

16. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Glad to see tha Qui-Gon got Tiin to see the error of his ways.

I don't know what will become of Miri and Kavin if misunderstandings are so easy.

Good post.

17. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Ah, but Tiin is hiding something... even from himself. ;)

They will have to learn to work things out. Sometimes learing to fight with lightsabers and such is easier than facing inner fears.

Oh, but I say to much! I'll give the story away unless I shut up! [face_laugh]

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Miri heard Kavin pursuing her, and sped up, running blindly down the path. She felt foolish to think that he would want her as much as she wanted him. She could never be sexy with her long stork-like legs and a nose that turned up like a Gamorian's.

Kavin couldn't believe how fast Miri could run. "Miri," he called out as he tried to catch up. "Please stop!"

When she seemed to speed up instead of slowing down, Kavin called upon the force and used force speed to catch up with her. He grabbed her arm and forced her to stop as he said desperately, "Miri, please listen to me!"

"Ow!" Miri screamed as Kavin twisted her arm. She tried to pull away, but he had a firm grip. "Kavin, you're hurting me! Let me go!"

"Not until you promise you'll listen to me!" Kavin exclaimed.

Suddenly a fist connected with Kavin's nose, and he not only let go of Miri's arm, he fell back onto the pavement. A man towered above him.

"I'll teach you how to treat a lady!" The burly man snarled as he bent over and yanked Kavin up by the front of his shirt, his fist drawing back to punch the young Jedi again.

Kavin's head was still reeling from the first blow to his nose, and he had no time to recover enough to defend himself. The beefy fist made contact with the right corner of his mouth this time. Again, Kavin fell to the ground, this time face first.

Miri stood in shock as she saw Kavin sprawled upon the ground. When her defender started to grab him once again, she rushed to grab the big man's arm. "No! Stop it, please!"

The large man stopped imediately and looked down at Miri. "But he was attacking you!"

"No.. he was only trying to talk to me.. it's alright.. he didn't mean any harm! Please, thank you for helping, but, it's alright. He won't hurt me."

"Ok.." The man bowed to her. "Gan at your service. I'll be over there if you need me." He points to a park bench near a water fountain.

"Thank you, Gan." She blushed and briefly watched the stranger as he walked towards the bench.

She then turned back to look down at Kavin who moaned without moving. She knelt beside him and lightly touched him on the back as she exclaimed anxiously. "Kavin! Oh, Kavin, are you alright?"

Kavin moaned as he slowly tried to push himself up. He raised his head slightly and as he opened his mouth blood poured out along with four teeth. He gingerly touched the side of his mouth where the teeth came from, and shook his head.

He immediately regretted doing that as it made him dizzy, and he fell back to the ground, managing to be on his back this time. "Miri..." He grunted in pain both physical and emotional. Tears started coming from his eyes as he looks up at her. "I'm shorry."

"Oh, honey, no, it's my fault!" A tear fell from her eyes and landed on his face. She forced herself to stop crying and called upon the force. Gently touching his face, she closed her eyes and started to use force heal upon him.

A few minutes later, Kavin took her hand in his and sat up. "Thank you." He spoke quietly, and swallowed as his other hand reached out to caress her cheek.

Miri began to weep and laid her head on his shoulder, burying her face in his tunic. "I am so sorry!"

"Shh!" He wrapped his arms around her and held her. "It's alright. It's not your fault!" He rocked her gently back and forth.

"I love you, Kavin, so very much!"

"I love you, too, Miri. You're my life!" He closed his eyes and felt himself start to shiver as he saw in his mind's eye her running away from him. He held her tight in reaction. "Please, don't ever run from me again!" He pleaded in a shaky voice.

"I won't. I promise." Miri returned Kavin's hug.

"Why..." Kavin paused and swallowed a lump in his throat. "Why did you run?"

Miri pulled away and looked down at the ground. "I thought you didn't want me. It made me feel like I did when we were younglings... when I was teased about having legs too long for my body." She blushed, feeling silly. "I've never been very pretty."

"What?" Excl

19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    That's exactly why playing that game of running and not wanting to talk when you really do is bad. What was that poor guy suppose to think, other then Miri was being attacked??

Well, I suppose as this post reaches a happy ending, being pummeled by a big burly guy has it advantages. ;) :p

Excellent post Alexis.

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Well, it didn't exactly go smoothly, but it DID work out! ;)

Kavin took a hold of her hand and got up. "Let's go. We've got a lot of planning to do for the wedding."

Miri giggled. "Shouldn't I go quit the Order first?" She asked as he helped her up.

"It would probably be best if we get married first, because once you leave the order, it would be hard to justify us being seen together."

"Good point."

They walked on, hand in hand. Kavin waved back to Gan. "Thanks for the hand."

Miri giggled and playfully slapped Kavin in the arm to which Kavin laughed and kissed her on the cheek.

That might be best. [face_laugh]

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Yeah, Kavin's more than willing to take it on the chin... or in this case the nose [face_beatup] to have Miri's attentions. [face_laugh]

22. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Several hours later, they arrived back at the temple, having made arrangements to be married the next day, first thing in the morning. Kavin smiled at Miri as he spoke softly. "See you in the morning."

Miri blushed and nodded with a smile before returning to her room. Once there she leaned against the door and smiled to herself with a sigh. "Mrs. Miri Horn." She said softly and giggled and then practically skipped to the refresher to freshen up before turning in.

For his part, Kavin went to talk to Tiin and Qui-gon. He failed to find Tiin, but he found Qui-gon practicing his forms in a training room. Kavin joined in, and without a word to each other, they practiced various attack/defence techniques upon each other.

"So," Qui-Gon spoke quietly after they were finished. "Have you and Miri decided what to do?"

Kavin nodded. "We're going to take Tiin's suggestion. Arrangements have been made for us to marry in the morning, and Miri will quit the order."

Qui-Gon frowned and looked down at the floor.

"We know it's not going to be easy, Qui-Gon. Our love is strong we can make it through the tough times. We'll make a home on Naboo in the mountains. She has family that live in the mountains there, so she won't be totally cut off."

"Well, it sounds like the two of you thought this out pretty well." Qui-Gon's voice still has some misgiving in it.

Kavin nodded again. "Will you come and be witness at our wedding and be my best man?"

After a brief silence from Qui-gon, Kavin added, "I know you don't approve, but, you did say you'd support us in whatever choice we made." He looked up at Qui-gon with pleading eyes.

"Don't look at me like that, Kav," sighed Qui-gon as he put a hand on the yournger padawan's shoulder. "Of course I'll be there for you. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Thank you." Kavin breathed a sigh of relief. He looked up to Qui-Gon like an older brother. "Have you seen Tiin?"
    ~~~~~~~~

After Tiin had left the courtyard that morning, he first went to train with his master. Uncharacteristically, he had a hard time concentrating, and wound up hurting himself in a move he'd done so easily many times before.

After the healer was finished with him at the med center, his master had told him to go meditate. "You're not in the right frame of mind for physical training right now." he had said gently. "Go, meditate, and we can train tomorrow."

So Tiin went to a meditation chamber, and had been there for several hours before exiting. He felt refreshed after his meditations.

Until he saw them.

As he was turning a corner to go to his room, he saw Kavin and Miri walking together and smiling. He quickly turned back and hid, not quite sure why. When Miri went to her room, and Kavin walked on, he left the temple.

Back in the training room:

"I haven't seen Tiin since we left the courtyard this morning." Qui-gon replied to Kavin.

~~~~~~~~

Miri went to the refresher and took a shower. Afterwards she lay down on her bed looking at the ring Kavin gave her, smiling softly.

"Mrs. Miri Horn..." She whispered one more time as she drifted off to sleep with a peaceful smile on her face.

She woke up soon after though, and could not get back to sleep. Instead of tossing and turning, she decided to get up, and, after getting dressed in her padawan uniform, went for a walk.

Meanwhile, in the courtyard, Tiin paced. He had come back to the temple and tried to sleep, but could not. He felt anxious and guilt-ridden about the advice he had given to his friends. Maybe they won't take that course. Stop feeling guilty about bad advice that may not be taken, Tiin! With that thought, he decided to go to bed and try sleeping once more.

As he headed back to the courtyard entrance however, he came face to face with.... "Miri! Hi, what are you doing up so late?"

Miri smiled warmly. "I could ask the same of you." Her voice light and melodious.

"Oh," he said looking away from her so as not to make eye contact, "I couldn't sleep, so took a walk."

Miri laughed, her laugh

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    A wonderful update! =D=

As she looked up at him with her big brown eyes, Tiin found himself unable to deny her. "Ok. I'll come, and for a few moments I shall act as your father." He bowed to her.

Keera giggled, then embraced him. "Oh, thank you, Tiin! I love you."

Tiin stiffened, catching himself returning her hug for just a few seconds. Then he pulled away. He longed to say, "I love you, too." But if he did, he knew she would be able to sense it was not the platonic relationship she had referred to, but that he loved her as Kavin did. So instead, he merely replied. "You are most welcome, my friend."

And his heart ached.

Loved the depth of emotion here. Beautiful.

24. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you, VaderLVR. I appreciate the support. :)

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    In his room, Kavin lay, tossing and turning in his sleep. He had a similar dream to the one he had the night he told Keera he loved her. Only this time instead of just hearing the babies crying and laughter, he saw Miri giving birth to the babies. The third baby she gave birth to though was a skeleton and Miri screamed in grief. She turned to Kavin with anger and threw the infant skeleton at him. "You should have been here!"

"Kavin, wake up!"

A hand grabbed his arm and he startled awake. He pulled away, then saw Qui-gon standing beside his bed. He quickly sat up. "Wha... why are you here?" He shook his head to clear the cobwebs.

"You said to meet you outside at first daylight... you've overslept."

Kavin jumped out of bed. "Stang!" He ran his hand through his hair, which was dripping wet. He felt all hot and sticky. "Oh, no, I can't go like this, I have to shower!"

As he stumbled into the refresher, Qui-Gon called after him. "You'd better hurry."

Kavin quickly showered and pulled on his robes. He combed his hair, picked up his pack which has the clothes he would change into at the chapel, and rushes out of the refresher.

"Thanks for waking me!" He tells Qui-Gon as they hurry out of the temple.

As Qui-gon drove one of the order's landspeeders to the church, Kavin sat in the passenger seat beside him, trying not to think about the dreams.

Qui-gon looked briefly at Kavin. "What is it, Kavin?"

"Huh?"

"You're fidgeting like someone put tatooine fire beetles in your robes." Qui-gon grinned as they made their way through traffic. "A bit of nervousness is normal for such a big step, but this seems like more. Are you having second thoughts?"

"No!" Kavin exclamed, then frowned. "Well... I.. maybe... no.. not about the wedding. I think."

Qui-Gon pulled over. "Kavin, what's wrong?"

"I had a recurring dream." Kavin swallowed.

"Do you think it was prophetic?"

"I-i'm not sure."

"Tell me about it."

Kavin told him about the first time he had the dream and about the dream from which Qui-Gon had woken him. "I know when babies are stillborn, they don't come out as skeletons, but, Qui-Gon, this dream felt... like it was actually happening."

"You said Miri said that you should have been there. Do you think perhaps this dream could have been your subconcious telling you that perhaps you should quit the order to be with your wife instead of remaining?"

Kavin silently nods. "But I think also it may also be a warning of the future... like you mentioned... prophetic."

Qui-Gon placed a supporting hand on Kavin's shoulder as he continued to drive. "Whatever happens, remember I'll always do what I can to help you."

~~~~~~~~~

"What time is it, Tiin?"

Miri and Tiin were waiting at the chapel for Kavin and Qui-Gon to arrive. Miri paced nervously, feeling like Alderaanian silkwings were in her stomach. Tiin sat calmly on a chair, watching her.

"Two minutes after the last time you asked." Tiin replied in a gentle voice.

Miri blushed. "And what time was it two minutes ago?" She giggles nervously as she rings her shaking hands.

"They'll be here, Miri. Something may have delayed them, but they will show."

Miri stopped pacing and looked at Tiin. "What if Kavin changed his mind and decided he didn't wish to marry me?"

"Then he would show up and tell you. He wouldn't just not show up. He's not like that." Tiin spoke in an assuring tone. Whatever his faults are, thoughtlessness and selfishness aren't among them. Tiin thought to himself.

"That's not very reassuring." Miri pouted.

Tiin stood and stepped nearer Miri, taking her hands in his. "Miri, Kavin loves you. I think he probabl loved you for quite some time... remember when we were about six or seven, and the other younglings were teasing you for being so tall and skinny? He got so angry he started wailing on them with the training saber! Yoda had to intervene, remember?"

Miri's eyes went wide as she remembered. "You think he liked me even then? But he also defended you against the same younglings when

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.