main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For want of a Horseshoe nail... (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, Apr 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Title: For want of a Horseshoe nail
    Author: SiriGallia
    Category: Jedi Apprentice
    Spoilers: None
    Summary: How small things can lead to bigger and bigger things.
    Disclaimer: As usual, all reckognized Charectors belong to George Lucas, but several are mine. The poem I am using, I am not sure who it is by, but it is a farely commen poem.

"Blast!" Galuis, or just Gal, sat hunched over her dismantled hyperdrive.

"What's wrong?" Begrr asked, his Noghri features slightly ruffled.

"Oh, nothing," Gal said sarcasticly. Feeling Begrr probably wouldn't be able to put up with her awful attitude if he wasn't so patient and if he didn't owe the girl a life debt. "Simply that the idiots they have the nerve to call transporters dropped part of the shipment, look at this Begrr!" She never used his full name, or his clan name, becuase she never could pronounce it. She showed him several pieces of the hyperdrive.

"What part is missing?" He pondered the pieces of metal.

"Just a leverin connector, but that's enough, it's causing the sub reflector and the cover panel to slip apart."

"Shouldn't we have extra leverin connectors, Lady Galuis?"

"Don't call me that." She corrected, "Yes we *should* unfortunatly as you know there is a current lack of that sort of thing, even though a leverin connectors should be easy to find. You know it's been hard to get this planet back on it's feet."

"Don't worry, Lady Galuis." Begrr assured softly. "The revolution doesn't need any ships; we don't need to leave yet."

"No, but those two guys out there do!" Gal shrugged. "Well I guess we better tell Quard that we can't build this thing if all the pieces aren't there, he's *not* going to like it though."

2. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    Yay! A new SiriGallia story!!! The start looks great. More soon, I hope! :D

3. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks Jedi Obi-Wan! I'm glad you already like it! :)

"Gal you're fired! Begrr you're fired! Everybody in this room is fired!" Quard was in a bad mood and it was not a good time to tell him that the hyperdrive wasn't to be completed without the leverin connector.

"Honestly, Quard, you're making an idiot out of yourself." Gal knew perfectly well that the chief mechanic couldn't afford to fire anyone at this time. Ever since the revolutinary war they had fought, they had had barely enough people as it was. "Now look, we can search the streets and probably find it."

"No, we can't and we won't!" Quard ranted. "We will *not* waste any time, money, effort or workforce to go out there and find a stupid leverin connector that couldn't be found anyway!"

"Well, fine, but good luck telling those Jedi guys that." Gal huffed. "I suppose they'd love to hear it."

"You don't get it do you? This is the *only ship we have* and there aren't anymore! When the Jedi find out they can't go on their mission *at all*, let alone that they were already told they were going to be late, they'll be furious! And I am *not* going to be the one to tell them!" Gal glared at him.

"Well I'm not either, and I need Begrr here."

"Fine, we'll send Droid ST-43."

"Fine, we'll do that." Gal agreed.

"Those Jedi *still* won't be happy."

"Oh, come on, it can't be all *that* important, whatever they're doing." Gal shook her head. Quard wished he could beleive it.

4. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    ~~~For want of the horse, the rider was lost~~~

Obi-Wan Kenobi flipped in a double arch and landed in an angled kick. It was enough to flatten a grown man Qui-Gon Jinn's size, but the Jedi Master said that his Padawan was not allowed to try. It was twenty-fourth time he had done that same flip and land, he had been counting.

"You're getting better," Qui-Gon commended.

"Thank you master." Obi-Wan replied, out of breath. "Shouldn't we begin on our mission, I think the revelution is over."

"Hmm," Qui-Gon nodded, "yes, but tell that to General Harrat." Obi-Wan had to agree, ever since this mission had started, he had been stuck with feeling of paranoia. He wouldn't be surprised if peace wouldn't remain on this planet.

"This may sound unlike a Jedi, but I will be glad to leave."

"Don't get too comfortable with the idea." Qui-Gon said throwing his Padawan a towel, a sure sign that practice was over for now. "After all we do have quite a job on our hands."

"I'm still not sure why *we* need to do it." Obi-Wan said, wiping the persperation from his face.

"We are the only team close enough. The planet of Galgoa is on the verge of war and the Senate managed to set up a peace negotiation, but the Galgoians are about to war against themselves anyway. They said that if a Jedi team could come to the negotiatians two days from now, they would make peace. I'm not sure if I beleive them." He interjected softly.

"So the Council didn't have enough time to send a team so they picked us, who were done with a mission and close to the outer rim anyway?" Obi-Wan questioned. Qui-Gon nodded.

"Unfortunatly, our transport is in the making." Obi-Wan rolled his eyes in acknowledgement. Just then a droid came in.

"Sirs?" It asked walking up to them. "Will it be perfectly alright if there is a delay in your mission?"

"Delay?" Qui-Gon inquired. "We have already had three delays, what's this one about?" The droid seemed to search it's data banks.

"For the reason that the ship is missing a hyperdrive." It rattled off.

"Wonderful." Qui-Gon murmered. "Will a new one be sent soon?"

"One will arrive in six to eight days." It replied then left the room hurridly.

"Padawan," Qui-Gon turned to Obi-Wan, "I think this could be a problem."

"I beleive so," Obi-Wan nodded, "I beleive so."

5. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    Looks really interesting, SiriGallia!! More, please! Oh, by the way, whatever happened to your Iron Ray of the Sun story? That was really cool, and I haven't seen it around for a while.

~Arwen~

6. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Oh, sorry Arwen, I kinda got the impression no one was really interested in it, so I haven't worked on it, but if you want, I'll bring it back up here... :)

7. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    ~~~For want of the rider, the message was lost~~~

General Lyri smiled. The Jedi weren't coming, just like he had predicted, they were too far away. At first his apponent Generel Postada had said that the plan wouldn't work, the Jedi would find some way to come. But they weren't coming, and they wouldn't either.

Gently, almost mockingly Lyri straigtend the transmitter that the deligates would use to converse with Postada. They would nagotiate peace, maybe, if the Jedi *did* come in the nick of time, they would find that Lyri and Postada were no were close to peace, then the two Jedi would be blown sky high and the battle would begin. The two Jedi's death would be instantly blamed on the battle, and that would be the end of it. Lyri's aid, Cacari came up next to the General. Her bright eyes probed his face gently.

"Sir?" She asked softly. "Are the Jedi here?"

"No, they have four more minutes, though. Let's give it to them fair." He sneered. She smiled weakly, she didn't want a battle, but she knew it was going to happen weather *she* wanted it or not.

Lyri waited silently. He suddenly smiled. "Time's up. Have Garagorn dispose of those bombs and then contact Postada, we have a promise of battle to keep!"

8. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    ~~~For want of the message, the battle was lost~~~

"Fools." Qui-Gon murmered. They had had no idea what they were doing.

"Master?" Obi-Wan asked coming up behind the Jedi. Qui-Gon turned he had neglected to fill Obi-Wan in on the previous days events.

"It was a mess Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon began. "They should have known that peace was what they needed. Postada and Lyri started a battle, unfortunatly they neglected the planet next to them in the system, Irotahn. Irotahn had wanted to battled the two governors and destroy the neighboring planet for a long time, when they realized that Postada and Lyri were waring, they took it as a perfect opertunity to strike. The leader of Irotahn took them by surprise he had the battle against them all figured out, they didn't see it coming. I beleive that the planet is quite a mess." Obi-Wan's eyes were flashing.

"If only they had made peace they could have withstood the attack."

"Yes, but peace could not be had." Qui-Gon shook his head. "I'm worried about what this may come to Padawan, nothing good, I know that, but something else could happen."

Obi-Wan didn't ask what. He could come up with a long list of other things that could go wrong. "Master, when will we be able to leave?" Qui-Gon's bright eyes turned to his Padawan.

"Not soon enough."

9. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    And the plot thickens... :)

Great job, SiriGallia! I can't wait for more!!!

10. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thank you Jedi Obi-Wan, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Though it is a short story an I only have two more posts left. (it was more the novlety of the thing...)

Jerish looked up, she brushed some dirt from her tunic, but it was wet dirt, and smearing was about all it would do. She ignored it and continued planting the Azili bush. Suddenly her son, Gorld came running up. "Mommy, mommy!" He was crying uncontrolably.
    "There's a bunch of ugly men that are talking to Daddy!" Jerish had a feeling her son was exagerating but she ran into the house any way. There were indeed three men talking with her husband, Captain Lefong, but she couldn't see anything wrong with the situation, except that the men's faces were covered in camofloge paint, which had caused Gorld to call them 'ugly'.

"What is this Lefong?" She asked coming over to her husband.

"Jerish, they need me, the barrier is crumbling it is time to pay the Homeerians back for all the trouble they have caused us." Jerish smiled.

"Finally, we can begin the battle!"
    The Planet of Homeer was lound with sounds of battle preperations. People milled about carring around blasters, vibro sheives, and all other manner of weapons. Signs were raised. **The barrier is broken, fight for freedom** It was a grand day.
    Belginge' was a small planet, half of it's terrain was icelands but it wouldn't matter, the long awaited war between the Belingas and the Gwagarians would take place on Gwagarian lands. Far'ee was prepairing sick bay reasorses. She was smiled pleasently at the healers ready to heal their country men in battle.

"The battle will be ours!" She proclaimed to see what would happen. There was a chorus of,

"Belinge' stands forever!" They were ready to fight!
    The Gwagarian fleet sailed through space from their hiding place in the great meteor circle. Lutenent S'tee smiled excidedly. He had awaited this day for a long time. The barrier was broken, their would be glorious war!

11. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Up! (I'll post soon as I can!)

12. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Last post... Yeah I know, it was short, but it was an interesting poem to use, so I wanted to try it. I will be starting a new, (longer) Fic soon that I think you will all really like! ;)

"I still can't beleive we couldn't make it." Obi-Wan sighed. He and his Master were walking down the street. It had been a week and a half since the battle of the Sirog system. They were still strandend on the backwashed planet. The only good thing that had come to pass that week was that a peace tready had finally been signed and the revolution was decidedly over. The Sirog system however, was a mess. The battle had taken it's toll on the whole system, all the planets were in ruined and it would take a decade to fix all the damage.

"I can hardly beleive it either," Qui-Gon agreed. "But Obi-Wan, I hope you will take this opertunity to realize three things." Obi-Wan shook his head, leave it to his Master to turn a catastrify into an object lesson. "First of all, you know that the whole system's greivences were harnessed away, when the two top planets made war upon eachother, the mentel 'barrier' crumbled and all the other planets avenged wrong doings. So first of all remember that *your* judgements, and actions should never rest on another human, or alien point of veiw. It will only lead to ruin. Secondly, you will note that Postada and Lyri had to *want* peace to obtain it, I have little doubt that peace would have been so easily made."
    Obi-Wan nodded, he could see the obvious evidence of that.

"And the third thing?" He asked.

"The third is more an interesting point. I don't know what was wrong with our hyperdrive, but if we had had it, we would have had a ship. We could have gone and delivered a message of peace, wich would have avoided the battle between both rulers, and ultimitly the war of the whole system. So you see how little things can make a big difference in the long run." Obi-Wan nodded.

"Yes Master, you're right, on all counts." Obi-Wan found himself saying this a lot, Qui-Gon always knew ten times what Obi-Wan did, and Obi-Wan knew that Qui-Gon had to be the best Master. They contiued down the street, and Obi-Wan kicked at a chunk of mettle.
    Obi-Wan was no mechanice, but an experienced engeneer could have told him, the peice of mettle was the missing leverin connector.

~~~~For Want of a Horseshoe Nail~~~

THE END

13. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    *turns on a recording of a crowd applausing*
    That was wonderful, SiriGallia!! I loved this story!! And what an interesting poem to model it after!! Very cool!

~Arwen~

14. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks Jedi_Arwen, I'm glad you liked it! :)

15. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Jood gob GiriSallia!! It turned out good, even if was short. :)

Sarah >^,,^<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.