main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga He Will Know (Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, TPM one-shot)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Title: He Will Know
    Author: Master_Noi
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan

Summary: Qui-Gon's thoughts as he faces his death, his POV.
    Disclaimer: I own nothing and write this for my enjoyment.

I wrote this for another site and thought I would share it over here.

I am dying.

I know it before I sink to the ground, before the blade that tore through my body is so painfully ripped away. I had felt my apprentice in my mind, begging me to wait for him, to not push ahead, and now I have failed him. Instead of safeguarding his life, he must now finish what I could not.

I can sense his anger, the bubbling fury of emotion welling up in his soul as he cries out. Oh, Obi-Wan, Force, do not let him fall to darkness. Not now. Not today. Not ever. I don?t know that I could bear to leave this existence knowing that I have lost another one to its depths.

I keep my mind close to his, with him as I have always been, but he is stubborn as expected. He is tired and reckless, driven by adrenaline and emotion. If he would just focus, he would realize he has lost his greatest ally, the Light.

Now something has happened. I sense his anxiety, and the Force faithfully warns me, as it always has, that Obi-Wan is in danger. I can do nothing but wait to see if he lives. Each second is eternal yet fleeting, and then I sense him welcome the Force and I am as proud of him as I have ever been.

The darkness lets out its own howl of rage as one of its own is destroyed and then there is peace.

?Master! Master!?

His voice is gentle and full of concern, his touch already harnessing healing energy as he cradles me in his arms. It chases away the pain and fills me with warmth, but I know it is futile. Even if he poured his own life force into me, which he would, it would not be enough.

?It is too late ? It?s ??

?No!?

The grief in the words torn from his throat makes my heart ache. He is a Jedi and will accept it. It will not be easy, but he will continue without me.

There is so much to say, so much to express, and not enough time. I will not be there to cut his braid, see him off on his first mission as a knight, see him take his own padawan ? padawan. I push such indulgences from my mind as there is still work to be done.

?Obi-Wan promise ... promise me you'll train the boy...?

I cringe at the flicker of hurt that slips through our fleeting bond and it grieves me that our last words must concern the boy that has driven such a wedge between us in past days.

?Yes, Master ?? he says without hesitation.

I know that he would do anything for me, and I ache that I must ask this of him, but deep down I know the Force wills that this boy be trained. It is a mystery that after serving so faithfully, the Force has denied me its Chosen One, but I am too tired to ponder it any longer. Such thoughts are a waste of this moment.

?He is the Chosen One...he will...bring balance...train him!?

The words barely slip from my mouth, any further I want to say to him dying on silent lips. I reach up to touch his face, hoping the simple gesture will communicate more than I have strength to say.

In the brief instant I pass from life, I see him not through my own eyes, but through those of the Force. He is strong and wise, the Jedi master I knew he would be. Along the road, he has found the Living Force that I have tried so long to show him, and shines more brilliantly than ever before. But the weight of a thousand lifetimes rests on his shoulders, and those sparkling jeweled eyes, now framed with graying hair, have seen too much and carry with them infinite sorrow. Somehow I know it is from the burden I have placed on his shoulders and I wish that I could take back my last request and spare him. The image returns to that of a padawan, weeping silently over his fallen master and I realize that that life is gone.

The Force that I have served my whole life is more beautiful than I could ever have imagined, and the chorus of all that have gone before beckons me to find my rest. Yet, I cast one last glance back at the boy

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This is even more moving to read the second time around. :_|

In the brief instant I pass from life, I see him not through my own eyes, but through those of the Force. He is strong and wise, the Jedi master I knew he would be. Along the road, he has found the Living Force that I have tried so long to show him, and shines more brilliantly than ever before. But the weight of a thousand lifetimes rests on his shoulders, and those sparkling jeweled eyes, now framed with graying hair, have seen too much and carry with them infinite sorrow. Somehow I know it is from the burden I have placed on his shoulders and I wish that I could take back my last request and spare him. The image returns to that of a padawan, weeping silently over his fallen master and I realize that that life is gone

Absolutely gorgeous! =D=

3. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    I know my padawan well enough to know he will not listen, he will not believe that I am still at his side. But a time will come when perhaps Obi-Wan will suspend what he believes is possible, and then he will know he is not alone.

How beautiful. :_|
    Wow.

4. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    =D=

Beautiful

5. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    VaderLVR - So glad you enjoyed it a second time around. ;)

oquidan - Uh oh, I'm making everyone cry.

obsessedwithSW - Thanks :)

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Still love it. :)

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    But you killed him again. Qui-Gon can't die!!! :_| Great job yet again.

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :_| :_| :_| :_|

you did a masterful job of capturing Qui-Gons thoughts and emotions as he lay dying.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Aw, gee, sniffs, rubs eyes. That was...beautiful.

10. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I know my padawan well enough to know he will not listen, he will not believe that I am still at his side. But a time will come when perhaps Obi-Wan will suspend what he believes is possible, and then he will know he is not alone.

Such a fitting end to a wonderful piece. :) I really like how the last few passages show Qui-Gon's death not as an end, but as a beginning step to much bigger things in the future.

11. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    *sniffle* :_|

Absolutely lovely. The closing lines were just perfect - practically gave me goosebumps!

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this!

12. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Beautiful work, Noi. It's fascinating that even after seeing that scene so often and reading about it from so many different perspectives, you still managed to make this interesting and new.

13. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Aaaaawwww, that was so sad.:_|:_| But a tiny bit hopeful, since Obi-Wan will know he's still there. :)

14. renjishi

renjishi Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2006
    That was beautiful, Noi! =D=

15. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    :_|:_|:_|

I knew I'd cry if I read this one, so I was putting it off.

Nicely done, but sad. :(

16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Truly beautiful and touching Noi.

The words barely slip from my mouth, any further I want to say to him dying on silent lips. I reach up to touch his face, hoping the simple gesture will communicate more than I have strength to say.

That one scene showed us so very much. [face_love]

Surely the Force knows me well enough. Though I have been faithful to its direction, I have never been good at doing what is expected of me. And now as always, I will do what I must. Strangely, I sense the Force is pleased.

Just brilliant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.