main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Home Edition--a Force-blind's efforts to make the Jedi feel more at home--Happy b-day, Noelie!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    It was rare enough to find a non-Jedi in the Temple. Even with the yearly events to promote understanding between the Jedi and those they served, it was hardly unusual to find that most beings had a fear of all things Force-sensitive.

Tonight, however, there was another rarity among them. Or perhaps that was the polite description for that entity. After all, she was dressed in strange, almost tribal colors and talking in a very strange dialect. She even seemed vaguely hostile.

"There is no way you're keeping this color scheme," Carmyn said sternly with the sort of tone that the Jedi reserved for Sith. "You guys have the aesthetic sense of a gundark."

"We follow the Force's promptings," Qui-Gon said amicably. "A fashion sense is not one of the requirements."

"Good," Carmyn sighed. "You at least know your limitations. Now let me explain mine."

"Gladly," Qui-Gon replied.

"I will not tolerate bare walls, bad caf tables, anything that clearly identifies you two as two bachelor Jedi..."

"Doesn't everything?" he challenged.

"Not after I'm done with it," she asserted.

Qui-Gon turned silently to stare at his Padawan. Obi-Wan was hiding a smirk behind his hand, but there was a telltale crinkling in the skin around his eyes. Obi-Wan was enjoying this far too much.

"What do you recommend, then?" Obi-Wan asked diplomatically.

"No black paint," Qui-Gon snapped, "and if there are any more copies of that Nexu Guillotine poster, we will be throwing you diplomatically out."

Carmyn parted those fuschia-slicked slips to show a very toothy smile. "Come on, Master Jinn," she wheedled. "You need to give me some credit."

Qui-Gon sent a look in Obi-Wan's direction that suggested that he was going to have to start contributing something to the conversation or expect some significant suffering in the future.

"Master, you need to trust her," Obi-Wan said patiently.

"I trust her," Qui-Gon rejoined, "but I would feel better if she weren't dressed for the carnival."

"Be fair," Carmyn interrupted. "I am not dressed for the carnival."

All right, perhaps he was being a bit judgmental. After all, she was willing to help bring some interest into their normally monochromatic quarters. She was being kind enough to do it on a budget and she even offered to do the painting with them.

"I'm dressed for Fete Week," she corrected.

That made a perverse kind of sense if you didn't think too hard about it.

"Which is nearly four months in the future," Obi-Wan observed.

She shrugged. "My motto is to be prepared," she said simply.

Something she had undoubtedly picked up from her diplomatic family. She didn't seem to have absorbed anything else.

"What, then, have you prepared for us?" Qui-Gon asked, bringing the conversation back to the subject matter at hand.

"Beige walls to start with," she said.

Both of them let out a long breath of undisguised relief that she didn't seem to be offended by.

"New upholstery on these?" She gestured expansively and disgustedly at the centuries-old repulsorcouches. "Things in earth tones. Browns, a couple of shades of green, possibly accents in blue."

"I take it back," Qui-Gon murmured. "Perhaps we can trust your aesthetic sense more than we thought."

"And, of course," she continued, "some artwork. I even brought a present from my embassy. It's an original Thiras?"

"Thank you," Obi-Wan said enthusiastically. "Can we see it?"

"Sure," she responded in kind, heading for the door. "I just need to get it from the speeder."

As soon as the door closed behind her, Qui-Gon glanced at his overly-amused apprentice. "You're sure she can be trusted?"

"You heard her," Obi-Wan replied. "What harm can there be in something that neutral?"

"Nothing," Qui-Gon admitted, "but we're taking an awful risk."

"Trust me about her," Obi-Wan encouraged, patting him lightly on the arm. "We'll even have original artwork."

"Yes, and Thiras is well-respected," Qui-Gon agreed. "Noela, Liam and I even went to an exhibit

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    "Yes, and Thiras is well-respected," Qui-Gon agreed. "Noela, Liam and I even went to an exhibit of his artwork after last year's event."

Obi-Wan suddenly looked alarm. "The one with?"

Before he could respond, Carmyn returned, steering a large canvas through the door.

"Here we go," she said cheerfully. "I think the translation of this title is 'Tauntaun in Flight'?"

LOL!!! Of course that is the picture she would have! I suppose that means their quarters will expect a visit from the Senoe's just in memory of the ....collective shudder

Thank you so much!! Carmyn as usual, was delightful.

3. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    lol, that was too cute. I had to think for a second and remember back a few enstallments.

[face_laugh]=D=

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    How nice to see the Jedi allowing some redecorating. A little color never hurt anyone!

Nice job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. nickenobi-nz

nickenobi-nz Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2005
    Hehe. Nicely done! I was hoping you'd write the re-decorating of their quarters.

Tauntaun in flight? The mind boggles :D

6. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005

Especially when they resemble three hutts breaking the Holy Alderaanian Law of Chastity.

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Noelie--Of course it is. I couldn't leave that abomination lost in the middle of STNY, especially since it's so subtly graphic. You're welcome! Carmyn is so fun. A Goth with a british accent and lots of manners.

Araxie--It was pretty close to the start of STNY. Thanks!

KELIA--No, it didn't. I think the Temple could use something other than boring off-white for everything.

nickenobi-nz--:) Thanks! Noelie insisted on me writing it at some point and I figured her b-day was an appropriate time. Tauntaun in Flight is...my own monster.

Noelie--And that's why it's a monster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.