main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Into the Lion's Den (Action/Angst/Evil Obi/OC's) Extreme AU short story ~~Updated 11/27~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Title: Into the Lion's Den
    Author: Layren
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and OC's.
    Summary: When a hostage crisis erupts in the Senate chambers, it is one Jedi apprentice's task to stall the perpetrators. What he finds is more than he bargains for.
    Timeframe: Jedi Apprentice AU
    Disclaimer's: I do not own the Jedi. The only characters that belong to me are Kyran Josel and Carth "Drex" Rixar. Please ask before borrowing them :)
    Author's Note: This bunny bit me awhile back for a Kyran/Drex action fic, but it's taken on a total life of it's own, and the characters decided to abandon the original outline I had written. Funny how that happens :p I'm experimenting with something not quite my usual style. I hope it turns out all right. Special thanks to my padawan Ara-gon for the title and to Durhelediel for assuring me this was postable.

It started off with something relatively common.

Terrorists. You know the type. All for the cause zealots that would destroy themselves and anyone else to serve their cause's demands.

These terrorists decided to barricade themselves in a conference room of the Senate Chambers.

The entire building was on lockdown.

Senate security was on the alert, but the terrorists were a step ahead of them.

If security tried anything they would blow up the entire building.

1,024 Senators would lose their lives, not to mention their aides and staff.

They demanded a ransom in the sum of a million credits per Senator in untraceable currency. They would kill one Senator and one staff member every hour their demands were unmet.

Twenty-five people have already died.

Master Carth "Drex" Rixar and his apprentice Kyran Josel were immediately contacted upon receiving the ransom demand.

They agreed to let one person in to deliver the cash.

This is what it is to be in the Special Elite Operations of the Jedi Temple.

~*~

"Everything clear padawan?" I asked as I handed the two briefcases filled with currency over to him.

"Yes, Master," he replied dutifully taking them and examining them. "I divert their attention long enough so that you and the security forces can get in."

"Correct. Stall them as long as you can."

"What if they're ready for me?"

I tried to shake off the fear that clenched at my gut at my apprentice's words but I could not dismiss it so easily. "Then I expect you to make me proud and do your duty." It was too much to ask of the boy. If things turned sour for him, I wouldn't be able to help him. The thought made me grimace.

I had already lost one apprentice. Being in the Special Elite Operations task force is a dangerous job. My first apprentice lost his life due to another group of terrorists looking to kill a Jedi.

"Yes, Master," he said softly.

My apprentice wasn't shirking that much was clear, not that I expected less of him. I put a hand on Kyran's shoulder. "It will be all right. Trust the Force and let it guide you."

"I will, Master."

I looked him over once more. He was dressed not as a Jedi but as a civilian. He had cut his braid to half it's normal length to blend in with his unruly curly hair and had taken out the beads. "Very well."

The security chief came over to where we were standing, a comlink headset attached to his ear. "It's time. Is he ready?"

"I'm aware. He is ready." I squeezed Kyran's shoulder gently to reassure him.

"I'll tell them so they can open the door for you."

My padawan's eyes grew hard with determination. "May the Force be with you," I whispered as I watched him go with the security chief to the front door.

~*~

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I have this distinct feeling that it's not going to be that easy. Oh, looking forward to more of this.

3. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Yeah! You posted it! You posted it! I'm so glad. I love the tone that the opening lines set.

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Very cool idea. I like that Drex has gotten past his reluctance to keep Ky with him and is willing to let the kid do his duty to the Jedi.

I am confused though. What timeframe are we at? Isn't Obi-Wan a toddler or not born yet? Unless you are going completely AU...

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    They would kill one Senator and one staff member every hour their demands were unmet.

Twenty-five people have already died.

Yikes!!! What a predicament.

"What if they're ready for me?"

Can't imagine there'd be any way they wouldn't be expecting a Jedi really. This is not going to be easy.

Might I ask for a PM when this is updated? :)

6. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    *waving*

Hey Layren [:D]

I'm here! at the beginning! Please please please (with obi on top) pm me when you update!

Loved the beginning! Felt kind of XFile-ish...well XF meets SW... ramble ramble...

=D=

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What a great start! Could you PM when you update?? [face_praying]

It started off with something relatively common.

Terrorists. You know the type. All for the cause zealots that would destroy themselves and anyone else to serve their cause's demands

Bravo! =D=

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Hi Layren
    I don?t think I have read anything with: Kyran Josel and Carth "Drex" Rixar in it so I am unfamiliar
    with your OC?s but I notice it has an
    evil Obi in it.[face_devil]=D=

The beginning of your story is quite compelling. Could you add me to your PM list please

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ooohhhh, very intriguing beginning.

I certainly hope Kyran will be able to accomplish his mission without being hurt or worse killed!

If you have a PM list, can you please add me [face_praying]

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. SalazarSlytherin

SalazarSlytherin Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2006
    This looks really interesting!! How old is the apprentice?

I'm about dying to find out what happens next!! If you've got a PM list, I'd like to be on it :)

Hmm, evil Obi . . . sounds VERY interesting :D And I like the two OCs so far, though sending in a young person to meet with terrorists sounds like an irresopnsible master, even if the kid in is training for special forces.

11. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    DarthIshtar Of course it's not! If it was going to be easy then where would my story be? :p Thanks so much for commenting!

Ara-gon Yep I finally did post it, though I'm changing some things around a bit from the bit that I showed you. Hope you like it anyway ;) Thanks for your comments!

Dianethx Glad the idea is cool and this is an older Kyran, I should've specified that he's 16, but I did not. Sorry about that and for the confusion, I clarified in the title bar, this is waay AU :D Most everyone else isn't familiar with my DLT series like you are, so didn't mean to confuse you :) Thanks for your comments!

Healer_Leona Of course they're expecting a Jedi to show up eventually, just depends on when, and you're added to the list :) Thanks for commenting!

Kestrel_Kenobi Actually my inspiration wasn't X-Files, *this* time, but I do remember now the movie and why you'd think that :D Thanks for replying! I'd be happy to PM you :)

VaderLVR Thanks! I hope it continues to stay good :p You're added! Thanks for reviewing!

Gkilkenny Hey there, Carth "Drex" Rixar and Kyran Josel are some of the main OC's in my Days Like These series. If you like this, you might like their back story which is fully told in the epic series :) I'm glad at least the beginning is compelling ;) Added to the list! Thanks so much for reading and commenting!

Kelia No promises [face_whistling] Thanks for reviewing!

Nat Nice sock ;) Didn't recognize you there for a minute. :p Do you want the PM's to go to your Halloween sock or to your normal user name? As far as Drex being irresponsible, he's not really. Kyran is 16 and old enough as a Jedi especially training in special forces. Besides that Kyran has the advantage of youth in that they might underestimate him whereas if they sent someone well seasoned, they wouldn't be as likely to foul up. Thanks so much for your review!

A bit of housekeeping. The PM list is as follows:

Healer_Leona
    Kestrel_Kenobi
    VaderLVR64
    Gkilkenny
    Kelia
    NYCitygurl

If you don't see your name on the list and wanted on it, please let me know. If you got put on by mistake please tell me that too! I can't tell you how much your replies encourage my muse :) Thanks so much for your reviews everyone! And now, on with the post :)

Edits -- stupid copy/paste moved things around where I didn't want them.

Fools.

All of them.

Simple-minded idealistic fools.

Even I can scarcely believe how easy it was to take over the precious House of Democracy. Their security was laughable. It was easy enough to get in and jam the sensors to where they couldn?t pick our weaponry up.

Evidently their Security force doesn't see much action. I suppose they think they're immune to harm being close to the Jedi Temple that no one would dare attack. Well I would dare.

Not only did I dare, I succeeded. If they call on the Jedi I am ready for them too. I have my partners on standby. We have concocted a chemical specifically built for this takeover.

To add insult to injury the chemical is more potent on Force sensitives than non-Force sensitives. I can only imagine what it will do to a Jedi.

I have procured a Force suppressant collar from a drug Lord that gave me the idea for the drug's creation. At the press of a button a chemical will be injected. The chemical has been inserted into a special tiny syringe on the inside of the collar. The trick is going to be to get the collar onto the Jedi in the first place. He won't want to lose the Force and have chemicals injected into him at the same time.

I'm sure that can be accomplished, however. Surely the Jedi would surrender and allow the collar to be placed upon him were more victims to die if he did not. The Jedi serve the Republic after all.

One of our team is former Jedi. He used to be an apprentice but his Master was killed and he left the Order to seek his own way. Eventually we found him and persuaded him to join us for considerable pay and drugs. He w

12. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    =D= Very nicely done! I liked what you had when you first showed me the idea, and it has gotten very interesting very quickly. I'm not sure, though, that I like Obi-Wan as a bad guy.... :{ I'm hoping he helps Kyran out in the end. Yes, he'll do it. He's too compassionate ::crosses fingers::

13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Sinister. Definitely very Jedi of him to consent that way.

14. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Poor Padawan Josel he has been thrown to the wolves
    (or lions Den):eek:

"You have two options, Padawan Josel," Kenobi stepped forward handing me a slender, silver collar. "Put this on and live or we start killing fifty victims at a time until you put it on. By the time rescue arrives there won't be anyone to rescue but you. Do you really want that?"

that is some distraction, how is he going to get out of the collar. I think they had made a big mistake sending in the Padawan. Though I am certain you have thought of a way out of your characters predicament [face_dancing]

Thanks kindly for the PM:D

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    These bad guys have things pretty well prepared. Scary so in fact.

The snake man nods and turns to his partner, former Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi.

:eek: :eek: No way! Obi-Wan's the former Jedi that helping the villians???

Dang, that was just too easy for the bad guys. :(

Awesome post!! :D

16. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Very Jedi to do that and a weakness. A Master might have refused, knowing that there is always an alternative but a Padawan doesn't have the experience. Sounds like Obi-Wan was rather a bully in the Temple if he was fighting with little kids at 12.

Good job so far. Put me on the Pm list.

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Great update! =D=

I stared at the collar, my hands shaking slightly as I reached for it.

Distract them, I reminded myself. Do your job.

I stilled my trembling and took the collar from him, fastening it around my neck.

I felt the prick of a needle slide into my skin as the clasp fastened and I could no longer feel the Force.

What were they injecting me with?

My heart was pounding even more as I waited.

I didn't have to wait long to find out.

My poor Obi! :_| He's just misunderstood. ;)

18. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    This is a great passage. I loved that you made the villains more evil than you had before. And the first person POV is really working. And what a cliff!

I see that I forgot to ask you to put me on the PM list. :oops: Let me fix that. Would you please put me on the PM list? There. Much better.

19. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Obi-Wan is on the terrorists side?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, I hope the Jedi have some sort of back up plan. It certainly doesn't appear the current one is going to go that well

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

20. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Durhelediel I told you Obi was going to be evil when I wrote it :p Though I haven't yet decided his fate, I'm writing this by the seat of my pants which is something I don't do very often. I usually plan. Thanks for your comments!

DarthIshtar Thanks! I thought so :) Thanks for reviewing!

Gkilkenny Yep, they did make a mistake in sending the padawan but they wanted to try and distract the terrorists and minimalize loss of life. If they had sent in a fully trained Master they would've gone in with guns blazing and the entire place could end up destroyed before anyone could make a move. You're welcome for the PM, thanks for commenting!

Healer_Leona Yep he's helping ;) Thanks for your lovely comments :D My muse jumped for joy when you said it was awesome ;)

Dianethx As far as the thing with Obi-Wan goes, Obi-Wan swears it's because he'd just lost another fight with a padawan for a Master and Kyran was annoying the crap out of him and knowing Kyran at seven I can see that ;) Obi wasn't really a bully then, he was just having a hard day. Thanks for commenting! You've been added!

VaderLVR64 You're quite right ;) He most definitely is! Thanks for reviewing!

Ara-gon I did! I'm glad you noticed that I was wondering if you would pick that up :D Glad the first person pov is working because it usually screws up for me. I end up mixing up my tenses and things like that so I've tried to comb these and make sure I don't have any problems but there could be some that crop up that I miss. I'm too impatient to have a beta :p You've been added, thanks for your lovely comments!

Kelia Well I did advertise that he was evil ;) As far as Drex's plan, you'll just have to wait and see! Thanks for replying!

Trying to get as much of this updated before NaNoWriMo as possible so that you guys aren't languishing too much if I can't post updates frequently during November. I'm going to try doing it for the first time ever, so wish me luck!

A bit of housekeeping as usual! The PM list is as follows:

Ara-gon
    Dianethx
    Durhelediel
    Healer_Leona
    Kestrel_Kenobi
    VaderLVR64
    Gkilkenny
    Kelia
    NYCitygurl

If you don't see your name on the list and wanted on it, let me know! Likewise if I made a mistake and copied your name accidentally, tell me! And now on with the post!

I stared at the blond padawan on the floor, my thoughts dark with hate.

I stopped caring long ago what was good and what was evil. When my Master was taken from me and killed, I vowed vengeance on the Elite Special Operations Jedi. They had not come in time to save her.

The memory of her death cries is all I heard going to sleep at night. They're responsible for that. They are. No one else.

It wasn't long after her death that I was captured by Lanal and his gang. The drugs they gave me stopped the death cries I used to hear in my sleep.

I wanted to keep them on hand. I never wanted to hear those cries again.

You don't know what it's like to truly be in pain until your loved ones scream for you and you can't do anything to help.

It's a small comfort that she is safe in the Force now and can't ever be hurt.

A flash of guilt stabbed me. Would she be proud of me?

I know she wouldn't.

But that can't be helped now.

I'm too far gone.

~*~

They had discovered him. I knew from the moment I felt Kyran's distress through our bond before he clamped it down and the presence vanished. They were ready for him.

I cursed with that knowledge. I shouldn't have let him go, but I had no choice. He was well trained and able to handle what they threw at him. We've handled many challenges such as this in our field of duty.

He is young and criminals are more likely to make a mistake around a young person than they would be an adult. My reputation precedes me, unfortunately. Kyran is young enough to not have a reputation yet. Though if this operation succeeds he will.

I hooked up to their live vid-feed of the entire Senate building and inserte

21. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Nice post Layren=D=

Master Rixar seems to be very adept and cunning, I hope he has a plan to get his Padawan Josel out of there.
    Kyran was doing his job as a distraction admirably.

Never mind the fact that the drug he has been injected with is something he is highly allergic to.

Oh No! poor Kyran allergic that's going to make matters worse.

[face_dancing]

[face_pumpkin] Happy Halloween[face_pumpkin]

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    You don't know what it's like to truly be in pain until your loved ones scream for you and you can't do anything to help.

Awww, that's so very sad. :( Still not a good enough reason to turn darkside. What would his master think of that???

Kyran was doing his job as a distraction admirably.

Riiight. Admirable enough he could die from an allergic reaction. [face_frustrated]

23. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Ah, I see that Kenobi had a reason then. And it sounds like Kyran is in trouble if he's allergic to the drugs. That can be uncomfortable to deadly.

Good job. Good luck with NaNo!

24. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh, poor Obi! It's never easy to lose a loved one but it's not excuse to turn to the darkside.

I am glad to see the rescue mission is under way. I just hope they get all the Senators out okay and find Kyran.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Yet another great post! ;)

It's a small comfort that she is safe in the Force now and can't ever be hurt.

A flash of guilt stabbed me. Would she be proud of me?

I know she wouldn't.

But that can't be helped now.

I'm too far gone.

=D= Beautiful! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.