main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Into the Beyond--a Halloween vig starring Qui-Gon--Vig 1/7

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    "I'm not sure you're real."

The fair-haired young woman smiled slightly, but did not react otherwise. "I'm real enough, unless you're delirious."

Qui-Gon returned the smile as best he could, but the split lip he'd received last night prevented from giving her the expression she deserved for her kindness. "That doesn't sound exactly improbable," he admitted.

"Agreed," she granted. "That blow to your head had to have done some damage."

"Nothing permanent," Qui-Gon reassured her.

"We'll see about that."

She was the most conversational prisoner he had ever met, but he wasn't one to complain. After all, he'd been here for an indeterminate number of days and she was the only friendly face that he had encountered.

Come to think of it, he hadn't seen much of anyone else for the duration of his stay. The others tended to stay out of sight in hopes of being out of mind.

"What are you thinking about?"

"What a nice girl like you is doing in a place like this," he explained.

The smile broadened. "I didn't say I was here by choice," she countered.

"Nor I, now that you mention it," he rejoined, "but you must have done something to earn this sentence."

She shrugged. "What did you do to be a prisoner here?"

He was relieved to know that he was coherent enough to remember that, though the details were a bit fuzzy.

"The right thing."

She nodded in understanding, but the smile disappeared. "I did the same," she asserted. "The people here aren't very tolerant of it."

"I'm sorry," he said sincerely.

"Me, too," she sighed, "but it's good to have a fellow sufferer here for some time."

Before he could ask any more questions, a flash of light seared his eyes and he immediately cringed, eyes squinting shut.

"You've been exonerated," the guard said flatly. "If you will come with me..."

"Not without the lady," he grunted. "What is to become of her?"

There was a silence as if they were observing a madman and he forced his eyes open to find that he was alone in the cell with the guard.

"Where did she go?" he blurted.

The guard grunted unhappily. "We must have hit you harder than we thought," he muttered. "You've been in solitary confinement."

"But the woman," Qui-Gon protested.

The guard shook his head. "In your imagination, Knight Jinn," he asserted. "There's not been someone female here since a political prisoner was killed here thirty years ago."

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oooh, nicely done Ish. Qui-Gon was visited by a ghost! Cool! :D :D

3. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    OOooooo A ghost! That would be eerie. Well at least he had some "good" company for a short time.

4. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Ghost stories, fun!

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Healer_Leona--Thanks. I liked having this idea of something of a haunting/guardian.

Noelie--Slightly eerie, yeah, to realize the only real thing to you during imprisonment is actually a ghost.

Araxie--Thanks!

6. nickenobi-nz

nickenobi-nz Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2005
    Ooohhh.:eek: Spooky! Very nice :D

7. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    ooohh [face_worried]

I love ghost stories! Throw in a Qui and who could ask for more!!!

I look forward to the next part!

=D=

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Well real or not, at least Qui-Gon had someone with him to help pass the time.

Glad to see he was exonerated at the end.

Great job on this!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Ooh, nice and eerie there. Classic ghost tale, with a SW twist.

10. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Despite Qui's opening comment, I didn't see the fact that she's not there coming. Good surprise, Ish.

I'm in for the ride! Update soon?

11. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Wow, Ish, really nice vig there, totally wasn't expecting that! Good job!

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    nickenobi-nz--Thanks. I liked making it unexpectedly spooky.

Kestrel_Kenobi--Yes, it's a winning combination. This series is going to have two vignettes in each era and then a final one in The Saga.

KELIA--Indeed, it was probably something very helpful, which, I think, was the point. Thanks!

RK_Striker_JK_5--Thanks. :) Glad you liked the eeriness.

Ara-gon--Oh, good, my work is done, then. :) See the above comment for news.

Layren--Thanks, Layren. :)

13. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Qui-Gon caught unawares by a ghost, very nice! And given that Qui-Gon gets to be a Force ghostie himself, somewhat appropriate? But she was a nice ghost that he could share something with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.