main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Stars Also Shine -- Extreme AU (Qui, Obi, Xan, Dooku, OC's) NaNoWriMo Novel

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Title: The Stars Also Shine
    Author: Layren
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Dooku, Xanatos, Anakin, Obi-Wan, etcetera
    Timeframe: Saga era AU
    Summary: Just how different would destiny have been if the one who was the Chosen One had been one who cherished all life?
    Author Notes: This is my project for NaNoWriMo. My internal editor is turned off due to trying to reach the word count. All mistakes and plot inconsistencies are my own. This is based of the conversation we had in the Jinn and Kenobi thread about what if Qui-Gon were the Chancellor...I decided to combine that with another idea I had. What if Qui-Gon were the Chosen One instead of Anakin. This is the result. I hope everyone enjoys it :) The name Amma means Mother in Sanskrit. Feedback is much appreciated.

Prologue:

Angels deliver Fate to our doorstep - and anywhere else it is needed. ~Jessi Lane Adams

The twin suns of Tatooine slowly set as Amma-Lon Jinn walked back home. A most peculiar incident had happened today. She had fainted in the middle of doing her afternoon chores. Luckily her mistress had been concerned instead of harsh this time, for fainting was most unlike her normal behavior, so she had sent her home to rest, but she did not go home. Instead she headed to her best friend's hovel. Perhaps the Tatooine heat had merely gotten to her.

"Jaeli ?" She called poking her head in her friend's quarters and hoping her friend's Master was not there.

He was a cruel tyrant of a master and he wouldn't hesitate to beat Jaeli if he was in the mood to do so. He had even raped her once, but he felt Jaeli had done something to warrant it. Her friend lived in fear of ever disappointing him again.

"Amma?" her friend's voice answered and to her enormous relief she sounded like she was all right today.

Amma stepped inside and looked around for her friend. She discovered her sitting at the kitchen table, a glass of blue juice in her hands and joined her at the small table.

"What are you doing off so early, Amma? It's only three hours past noon."

"My mistress sent me home early today." She didn't say why, she waited to see if her friend would ask.

Jaeli arched an eyebrow. "She did? Something must've happened then."

"Very perceptive of you."

"Come on now Amma, don't play this game. What happened?"

Amma hesitated before she said. "I fainted," she admitted.

Jaeli's eyes widened in surprise. "You've never fainted in your life." She frowned. "Perhaps it's the heat?"

"That's what Mistress thought," Amma said. She reached for the glass of blue juice that her friend poured her and greedily drank.

"But you think otherwise," her friend said knowingly.

"I'm not sure what to think," she said honestly. "I feel different. And I've gained weight. Four pounds."

"When I was still getting hungry even after eating, Mistress increased my rations, saying a starving slave has no value."

"What else has happened?" Jaeli was growing concerned.

"I missed my last cycle and I threw up the rations I ate after breakfast yesterday."

Jaeli looked at her friend, her eyes narrowing. "You know, I think you might ought to tell your mistress about all of this."

"Why do you say that? I'm sure it's nothing serious."

"Because all of those things you mentioned are symptoms of pregnancy, Amma."

Amma looked thunderstruck. "But I've not had sex with anybody, that can't be right."

"I've been pregnant before, remember, Amma?" Jaeli said bitterly. Her master had taken the child and had sold him. She would never see him again.

"I could never forget, Jaeli," she said patting her friend's arm reassuringly. "If you really think I could be pregnant I'll ask Mistress about it."

"I really think you could be. If you're not this screams that something serious is wrong with you."

Amma bit her lip at that, frightened. "I suppose you're right."

"You don't want to mess around with your health, Amma. Promise me if it happens again, you'll talk to your Mistress."

Th

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Eee! So wonderfully intriguing.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! =D=

The months passed swiftly and Amma had never felt better. The pains of pregnancy had eased. She was now in her sixth month. She was walking home, exhausted from her afternoon's work, when she felt the flutter in her belly.

The child had kicked, for the first time. The feeling that this gave her was indescribable. Her son was with her. Somehow, through that kick she knew her child would be a boy, a strong boy.

She felt the Life Force within him without knowing how she could feel it. It gave her the will to continue on. With a smile on her face, despite the heat, Amma headed home.

Now she had the perfect name for her son.

Qui-Gon Jinn.

[face_love]

=D=

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww....that was so sweet.

I'm gald there was a way for Amma to prove she wasn't fooling around. I don't even want to think of what Myyese would have done to her if she hadn't been able to prove it.

If you have a PM list, please add me [face_praying]

Very nice

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Lovely. Amma is perfect--I can see her as Qui's mother. And I love her name.

I'm glad Amma has a friend like Jaeli. They need each other.

Morin is a piece of work. Why do I think perhaps she muddies the near future of this story?

I'm very excited to see where and how you take this story, Master! Now, go! Write more! And please send me PMs when you update? [face_batting]

6. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Brilliant beginning. I am looking foward to see how the story progresses.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.