main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Nerves - Obi/Qui TPM Fluff

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by rabideuphonium, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rabideuphonium

rabideuphonium Jedi Master star 1

Oct 29, 2005
    Hello all. Just posting a response to a challenge my master gave me! Thanks!

Title: Nerves
    Author: Rabideuphonium
    Timeframe: 12 years TPM (Obi is 13)
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, OC
    Genre: Fluff
    Summary: Two men in a waiting room...

Disclaimer - I'm not making any money off of this and I don't own anything related to Star Wars.

[b]Nerves[/b]

?This is all Garen?s fault,? the boy thought ruefully, shooting a longing glance at the inviting door which offered a tantalizing escape from the unnaturally still waiting room. His muffled panting mingled with the soft huff of his master?s breath in the chair beside him were the only sounds to break the small ward?s unnerving silence. The tall Jedi was sprawled familiarly across two of the straight-backed tan chairs which lined the small room; the haphazard stack of scribble-filled flimsies and archives-issued data pads he had brought to occupy his time had engulfed a third.

Obi-Wan watched silently as his master languidly scanned a slightly-crumpled sheet of flimsiplast. Qui-Gon, it seemed, could work virtually anywhere and gladly put otherwise ?wasted? hours to use doing generic masterly reading. The older man?s fastidious time management was a source of some amusement to his apprentice, who rather preferred to finish his work in one fell swoop rather than prolong the suffering.

Eventually the youth?s perusal his master alerted the Jedi in question to the boy?s scrutiny. Qui-Gon glanced up at the edgy thirteen-year-old with the patented Jedi master?s look of long-suffering patience.

?Coursework beginning to look appealing, padawan?? The tall man said, somehow managing to maintain a straight face at his student?s mostly-suppressed groan of dismay.

?I eally don? shee why ?e haff to go thoough all thith twouble ?cause of thum eeth, ?aster. Can?t ee jutht thee ?aster healeh ?amut? He ?ulled a ?ad toof when I waa an ?itiate.? The boy desperately latched on to his latest plan and rose rapidly to his feet, making a beeline for the beckoning exit. His master, however, easily snagged the back of the youth?s robe as he brushed past. Obi-Wan continued to babble as the elder Jedi guided him into his recently vacated tan seat.

?Eally, thereth no ?oint in dothering an oviouthly ?usy oaal healer ?ust or sthome sthilly ?eeth...? the boy trailed off at Qui-Gon?s pointed stare. Yet the master?s stern gaze softened slightly in either affection or amusement as a trail of spittle emerged from between swollen lips and worked its way down the padawan?s bruising chin.

?Let me see those silly teeth,? the tall man said fondly, using the long sleeve of his cloak to wipe away the offending drool. Large, calloused fingers tapped gently at the thirteen-year-old?s chin as the student gingerly opened his mouth for inspection. The older master gently peeled back a blood-soaked wad of bandage from the boy?s bottom front teeth, revealing jagged and broken white teeth.

?Ow oeth it ?ook?? Obi-Wan asked anxiously, studying his master?s reaction for a sign of bad news. Or maybe he was expecting a miraculous healing. He wasn?t choosy, as long as it got him out of the stifling waiting room. Qui-Gon softly patted the youth?s cheek, closing his mouth with a thumb.

?Better than I would expect from teeth that just brutally attacked the hilt of Padawan Muln?s lightsaber. I neglected to ask? how is the saber doing? If this is how the victor looks, I?d hate to see the vanquished.?

?erry thunny ?Aster. Ahm lathing on ee inthide.? Qui-Gon chuckled as he gently tugged the short braid which hung behind the boy?s right ear.

?Not so much chatter, Padawan. You?re just making it worse on yourself.? The master paused to quell the look of pleading protest in the youngster?s eyes with a shake of his head. ?You can?t expect a pediatric healer to be able to fix those teeth. That?s what the oral healer is for.?

The master shifted, snagging a handheld touch-pad from the low table in front of the pair. ?See some of the teeth he?s fixed.? The tall

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Awe that was funny, you did a good interpretation of someone trying to speak through broken teeth and a swollen mouth.

I think I even understood what he said.8-}

Trust Obi-Wan to try and bite off Garen's sabre[face_laugh]

3. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Wonderfully hilarious response Padawan!! :D

?Better than I would expect from teeth that just brutally attacked the hilt of Padawan Muln?s lightsaber. I neglected to ask? how is the saber doing? If this is how the victor looks, I?d hate to see the vanquished.?

[face_laugh] Trust Obi-Wan to hurt himself in a VERY silly way.

?Good Force! Is that Mace?? The master studied the holo in shocked silence, a smirk working its way over his strong features. ?Not a word about this to Master Windu, you hear. I want to save this for an opportune blackmail moment.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh wow...poor Mace!

?One of the finest cases of ingrown molars I have ever seen.? The healer soothed, smiling fondly at the holo of a puffy-cheeked, newly-knighted Qui-Gon. ?Now my young friend, if I could transform that mess into your master?s fine face, I can certainly repair a few broken teeth.? He gestured the young Jedi into his exam room, closing the door firmly behind them.

I love the irony of it all, and at least it calmed Obi-Wan down.

Amazing vig! =D= =D= =D=

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Yes, that is very cute and fluffy! That's just the sort of sparring accident that might happen, too. Poor Obi-Wan with his teeth all broken! But I love the image of Mace with his teeth missing!

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, perfect thing to wake up with, Q/O fluff!! :D :D

Very funny and love the idea of Mace having been there too. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was so cute!! I loved Obi-Wan tring to talk. And Qui-Gon tryign to blackmail Mace . . . you should write that as a sequel; it would be pretty fun :D

Great job!!

7. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Oh this was very cute .. poor Obi Wan, a visit to the dentist certanly is scary! [face_worried]

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] omg Mace without 3 front teeth!? [face_laugh]

I also found it quite funny that Qui Gon had been there himself o_O [face_skull]

Great job with this, i loved it =D=

[face_peace]

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

As someone who hates going to the dentist, I really enjoyed this!!

Nice job

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Great Job.

Poor Obi-Wan...

:D hopefully he looks like this now....

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Theesh ish wonnerful! How did I miss this!? Very enjoyable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.