main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Dirty Snow, Obi/Qui Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bmwgurl17, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Title: Dirty Snow
    Author: Bmwgurl17
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Siri, Adi Gallia
    Genre: Angst
    Timeframe: Before the saga

[image=http://www.heartstars.net/sw/es-1.jpg]
    Image by earlybird-obi-wan

?The weather outside is frightful, Master,? Obi-Wan said, peered out the window.

Qui-Gon chuckled behind him.?Why do you say that Padawan??

Obi-Wan turned to give the man a quizzical look. ?The snow here is dirty brown even before it has reached the ground.? Once again, Qui-Gon couldn?t help laughing.

?Yes, but look at those smoke stacks,? He said pointing to a far out distance beyond the window. ?This planet is smothered with toxins and cautionary chemicals. It?s just?different from what you are used to.?

?What about the people here? Aren?t they soon to die if they continue living in such a hostile place??

?These people have grown immune to this strange weather,? Qui-Gon said slowly, ?However, I have heard that dark snow indicates that bad times are ahead.?

Obi-Wan narrowed his eyes at this. He knew his master was serious most of the time he spoke, but then again, Qui-Gon was a tricky one to follow. ?Is that so, Master? Then I suggest we keep our minds cleared and out lightsabers close.? This time it was Obi-Wan?s turn to smile.

?Now, come from the window and help me decide which tunic looks better.? Qui-Gon turned to the full length mirror beside him. Obi-Wan came around and gazed into the mirror as well. He smirked, ?Master, you look absolutely ridiculous.?

Qui-Gon?s face fell and gave a defeated sigh. ?Here, let me try,? said Obi-Wan, taking out a different tunic from the closet and putting it under his chin. ?Now, isn?t that better??

?Padawan, how did you do that??

?Do what??

?Find the perfect thing to wear with such little effort?? Obi-Wan looked at the floor and blushed. ?Padawan??

?Oh alright.? He sighed, ?I heard Siri and some other girls talking about matching colors and size and all this other worthless stuff. It?s no big deal.?

?Ha-ha. Not worthless, Padawan. It sure helped me out.? Qui-Gon said, placing his hand on Obi-Wan?s head, ruffling it.

?Where are you two going anyway?? Obi-Wan asked, getting comfy on a small couch. ?And what are Siri and I to do while you are away??

?Adi and I are going to an opera of some sort that is being hosted by a couple of smugglers. Our job is the find out all we can about them without there knowing. As for you and Siri, I expect that you can handle working together to find there record files.? Qui-Gon said, raising his eyebrows. Obi-Wan groaned.

?But Master- ? Qui-Gon raised his hand and silenced the boy. There was a knock at the door and he looked at his Padawan meaningfully. As he opened the door he wished to him to behave himself. Obi-Wan merely nodded.

Adi Gallia and Siri stood in the hallway. Adi wore a long enchanted gown and wore the same expression of controlled excitement as Qui-Gon. Siri made a face and Obi-Wan rolled his eyes. Why did there Masters have to be such good friends? Qui-Gon motioned for Siri to come in and stepped out into the hallway, beside Adi.

?You know the rules. Brighten up, you two; it?s the season to be jolly!? Adi said looking back and fourth between the two Padawans. They replied with a stifled, ?yes? and then there Masters were gone, just like that.

When Qui-Gon returned, Obi-Wan was sleeping. Qui-Gon thought about leaving the boy alone until the morning, but he couldn?t help it. He had to tell him what he had discovered. Lightly, Qui-Gon rocked Obi-Wan until he woke up.

?Huuhhh?? Obi-Wan asked.

?Love keeps them alive, Obi-Wan. The color of the snow, the danger of living on this planet...it doesn?t matter to them because they have love, if nothing else.? He said very softly. It was obvious Obi-Wan had no idea what he was talking about. Qui-Gon smiled slowly. ?Never mind. Get your rest, Padawan. We have much work tomorrow.?

?Qui-Gon??

?Yes, Padawan??

?Do you love me??

The question had caught Qui-Gon so off guar

2. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    The question had caught Qui-Gon so off guard that he began to choke on his answer. What was he supposed to say? Was it normal for a Master to tell a Padawan he loved him? Would it cause a bond that would end in more pain imaginable? What was he supposed to say?

?Yes, Obi-Wan.? The truth. ?Good night.?

Awww! How heartwarming. :) And I like that Siri's taught Obi-Wan a little fashion sense. :p Nice challenge response!

3. Luminara_Kenobi

Luminara_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 6, 2006
    Awww! How cute! Though I'm wondering what happened at the Opera...

=D=

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oh, that was very mushy! Moment of truth for the master and padawan. I do hope that Qui-Gon didn't track any of that snow inside!

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was wonderful! :)

?Love keeps them alive, Obi-Wan. The color of the snow, the danger of living on this planet...it doesn?t matter to them because they have love, if nothing else.? He said very softly. It was obvious Obi-Wan had no idea what he was talking about. Qui-Gon smiled slowly. ?Never mind. Get your rest, Padawan. We have much work tomorrow.?

?Qui-Gon??

?Yes, Padawan??

?Do you love me??

The question had caught Qui-Gon so off guard that he began to choke on his answer. What was he supposed to say? Was it normal for a Master to tell a Padawan he loved him? Would it cause a bond that would end in more pain imaginable? What was he supposed to say?

=D=

6. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    ?Oh alright.? He sighed, ?I heard Siri and some other girls talking about matching colors and size and all this other worthless stuff. It?s no big deal.?

?Ha-ha. Not worthless, Padawan. It sure helped me out.? Qui-Gon said, placing his hand on Obi-Wan?s head, ruffling it.

Obi-Wan knowing his colour coordination, that sure put a smile on my face =D=

7. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    ?Do you love me??

Nice! Very very nice!

I'm so pleased with your characterization here! So many people get Qui all wrong and make him out to be thi cold and formal master to "poor Obi."
    Glad to see such an acurate interpritation from you=D=

8. bmwgurl17

Jul 11, 2005
    Nienna_Narmolanya
    Awww! How heartwarming. And I like that Siri's taught Obi-Wan a little fashion sense. Nice challenge response!

Thank You! I was hoping that Siri's presence would attractive some of her fans.

Luminara_Kenobi
    Awww! How cute! Though I'm wondering what happened at the Opera...

Oh, who knows? Lol. I have to admit, that would be a hefty challege. Qui and Adi....who knows? =)

ardavenport
    Oh, that was very mushy! Moment of truth for the master and padawan. I do hope that Qui-Gon didn't track any of that snow inside!

A moment of truth... Yes! That's exactly what it was =)
    Lol, I'm sure Qui was careful not to bring any of the "dirty snow" in with him when he returned ;)

VaderLVR64
    That was wonderful!

I am so very pleased you enjoyed it. Thank You for reading =)!!

yodas_waiter
    Obi-Wan knowing his colour coordination, that sure put a smile on my face.

Lol! Im glad it was able to put a smile on your face.:D

Alley_Skywalker
    Nice! Very very nice!
    I'm so pleased with your characterization here! So many people get Qui all wrong and make him out to be thi cold and formal master to "poor Obi."
    Glad to see such an acurate interpritation from you

Thank You, Master. This one was a little tricky to characterize, but I am content with the outcome. =) Thank You for reading.

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww....how sweet.

Loved that Qui was able to tell Obi he loved him.

I found it quite amusing Siri and Obi were not happy about being alone together.

Very nice job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    There was nothing to be worried about you did great with this challenge. Good job!

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, very cute. Qui/Obi mush is always a good thing! :D :D

12. Master_Tigris_Leigh

Master_Tigris_Leigh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Very sweet, I can never pass up a good bit of Obi/Qui mush. =D= Was this for the December challenge?

13. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Awwww cute I loved it=P~

14. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    :D awww, very sweet. Loved Obi telling Qui what to wear!

Great response to the challenge!

=D=

15. bmwgurl17

Jul 11, 2005
    KELIA

Awwww....how sweet.

Loved that Qui was able to tell Obi he loved him.

I found it quite amusing Siri and Obi were not happy about being alone together.

Very nice job on this

=) Yeah, I love Qui/Obi mush. Siri and Obi may take a little longer to warm up to each other though.

obsessedwithSW

There was nothing to be worried about you did great with this challenge. Good job!

Awww Thank You!

Healer_Leona
    Awww, very cute. Qui/Obi mush is always a good thing!

I agree! =) Thank You for reading.

Gkilkenny

Very sweet, I can never pass up a good bit of Obi/Qui mush. Was this for the December challenge

Yes, this was the December challenge. I am so glad you enjoyed it. Thanx for reading!

16. obi-gonjinn

obi-gonjinn Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 2006
    I'm not one to break the chain so

Awwww that was brilliant so cute and fluffy :D =D=

17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, that was so sweet!! Good job :)

18. bmwgurl17

Jul 11, 2005
    obi-gonjinn

Awwww that was brilliant so cute and fluffy

Thank you! That was exactly what I was going for:)

NYCitygurl

Aww, that was so sweet!! Good job

Thank you very much =). I am so glad you liked it.

19. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was sweet. I loved that the answer was love and that Qui-Gon was willing to tell Obi-Wan the truth.

Good job.

20. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    This was great :D

I loved to find out how Obi had the knowledge of matching colors o_O [face_laugh]

And i'll join in the collective "awwwww" because Qui Gon telling Obi Wan he loves him was just too sweet :)

[face_peace]

21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a lovely story and I have made a matching picture
    [image=http://www.heartstars.net/sw/es-1.jpg]

22. bmwgurl17

Jul 11, 2005
    dianethx

That was sweet. I loved that the answer was love and that Qui-Gon was willing to tell Obi-Wan the truth.

Good job.

=) Thank You!

Veloz

I loved to find out how Obi had the knowledge of matching colors And i'll join in the collective "awwwww" because Qui Gon telling Obi Wan he loves him was just too sweet

Oooo, I know. Many readers seem interested about Obi's fashoion sense =)!

earlybird-obi-wan

a lovely story and I have made a matching picture

O Wow! I was LOOKING for someone to draw me a picture for this story too! Wonderful job on it! Thank You

23. Darth_Guy17

Darth_Guy17 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2006
    Nice little mushy story. Pretty funny that Qui-Gon couldn't pick out clothes to wear.

24. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    awwww... that was just... just... awww... I have warm fuzzies now... that was beautiful!

25. justicejedi

justicejedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2006
    that was cute! ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.