main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Reuniting Two Stubborn Jedi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AngeloftheRepublic, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngeloftheRepublic

AngeloftheRepublic Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2006
    Title: Reuniting Two Stubborn Jedi
    Author(s): AngeloftheRepublic
    Timeframe: Before the Saga, slightly AU
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, OC: Maylii Di?Kaah
    Genre: Drama
    Summary: After Obi-Wan nearly abandon?s the Order, most at the Temple aren?t willing to befriend him, expect Maylii Di?Kaah. Maylii is determined to reunite the two Jedi. A master cannot simply abandon their padawan.
    Notes: Please know that I understand that some of these things may not be canon, but I couldn?t resist writing this down and consequently sharing it. Any grammar, typos, and or phrasing that aren?t right, please, oh, please, let me know.

Reuniting Two Stubborn Jedi

Since her early childhood, she was always seen as a talent but never knew it. She never tested it, never even thought about it. Maylii Di?Kaah simply let things happen to her, for the most part. Things like getting a master within the month she reached the tender age of thirteen. The Agricultural Corps was never an option presented to her. In her studies, Maylii was always among the top. Her fighting skills, although rather defensive in nature, were never lacking. Maylii made little of it. In a way, it made her the ideal padawan. What wasn?t listed was the driving and spirited personality that really set young Maylii apart from the other outstanding padawans.

Maylii was a compassionate person, but she was also swift to judge and categorize a person?s actions, something her master desperately worked to eradicate. It would not do for her to be so. She fought the impulses, but she didn?t sit back and bite her tongue when her instincts told her to fight for her opinion. It made the High Council rather wary of her at times, but her unfailing devotion was a point in her favor.

It was this instinct about people that led her down to one of the many study chambers within the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. She had heard that the young Obi-Wan Kenobi, a classmate of sorts, was there, alone. Maylii understood why, after the incident involving the Young and after Siri Tachi. Everyone knew about it, but it didn?t stop her from being one to treat the young man with kindness. He had made a mistake and she made plenty everyday, but her master never threatened to leave her. Well, that was a lie, but it was always in good fun.

She had to walk the entire length of the study room before she found him, huddled in a corner, reading something. He was clearly alone, considering everyone else was clustered together elsewhere and no where near Obi-Wan?s corner.

Maylii stood for a long moment before him, her hands on her hips, where her belt rested and lightsaber hung. When he didn?t say anything, she let out a dramatic breath. ?Hello, Obi-Wan.?

The blue eyes shot upward, then back down to his reading. ?Hello.?

Maylii?s green eyes narrowed for a moment before she determinedly plopped herself down before him, her legs crossed. Boldly, she reached out and snatched his reading away. ?What are you reading?? She scanned it, and then wrinkled her nose in distaste. ?You do realize that this is an entire weeks reading on the Acklay??

Obi-Wan looked up at her and sighed heavily. ?Yes, I do understand.? He extended his hand to take it back, leaving it open and ready.

Maylii shook her head, her red hair which was interspersed with braids and beads in reflection of her homeworld, jingly and swinging. ?Oh, Obi-Wan how dreadfully boring for you.? She handed the reading back over.

?Perhaps,? he shrugged and turned his focus downward again.

Maylii studied him in silence. She found it rather sad and unsettling to see one of her contemporaries thus situated; especially one she knew had such a heavy destiny before him. With a defeated sigh, she absently reached her hand to the shelf next to her and retrieved her own reading. Maylii knew some patience and could wait for Obi-Wan to talk, or she could simply offer company.

She looked down, the Nexu. Well, at least it was a somewhat interesti

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Bravo - a wonderful story! I love your OC!

Maylii took a step back, unprepared for such a comment. ?I pray not. I know that your match with Obi-Wan was not the smoothest of matches,? she attempted to keep the subject off of herself. She hurried on when she saw the man?s eyes narrow slightly. ?But, I believe that it is in the best interests of you both. Destiny has brought you together. A teacher is here to teach, even through the bad, and guide us when we stray. Obi-Wan has strayed, but so has everyone, so have you.?

?Obi-Wan nearly abandoned the Order.? Qui-Gon countered in a gentleness that took Maylii by surprise, like everything about this man seemed to do.

?But he didn?t, did he?? Maylii answered softly.

There was an uneasy silence between the two. Maylii regarded the Jedi Master and the Jedi Master regarded the padawan carefully.

Good, knock some sense into that man.

@};-

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Absolutely wonderful, well done=D=
    Maylii is a brilliant addition to your story, she sounds so dedicated.
    I am sure Qui-Gon will do as she asks. She sounds
    very forceful[face_dancing]

4. AngeloftheRepublic

AngeloftheRepublic Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2006
    Thanks for reading! And thanks for the compliments, I was very nervous about posting this piece. I've edited it for the typos and errors that were found, so hopefully that helps a bit...

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I loved Maylii's attitute! Not very many padawans would have the courage to confront a Master.

You created a very likable OC.

Great job on this,

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.