main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Dice Was Red. Qui-Gon accidentally gets Anakin's mother. Au.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by fistofthedarklord, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fistofthedarklord

fistofthedarklord Jedi Master star 3

Feb 12, 2005
    Title: The Dice was Red
    Summary: Qui-Gon loses the dice toss. And this changes everything.
    Genre: Action/Adventure/ (Possibly...Romance)

He did not understand how it was possible but something had gone wrong. The dice was red. Blue the boy. Red his mother. The dice was red. He'd tried. No one could say he hadn't given it his best shot, but when this was a scenario of do or fail he'd failed. Red. And all those possibilities of training what seemed to be a very powerful force user washed away as he looked up slowly from the dice into those taunting eyes of the Toydarian. Watching those wrinkling features sneer with an impassive stare while deep beneath him his heart sank. He'd thought the Force had willed it, but it may have tricked him. Now...now Qui-Gon wasn't sure of anything anymore.

The dice was red.

The slavemaster laughed his head off. "Koochaka Elya! You lose, eh? Haha! Meecha keboyla!"

The Jedi Master's eyes turned for a moment wistfully to the boy working in the hangar on his podracer. Then from the boy to the woman looking over with all the love and adoration any one can give their son. Instead of freeing him, he'd inadvertantly break her heart even though she wouldn't know it yet. I'm...sorry.

He turned silently and walked away.

The Toydarian laughed beneath his breath. Silly, stupid Jedi. He fluttered over to where Anakin was whacking away with a wrench at an annoying carbureator. "Bonapa keesa pateeso, o wanna meetee chobodd." He laughed to the slave on his way out. The boy paused understanding exactly what the tyrant meant. Better stop your friends betting, or I'll end up owning him, too. Yet he didnt understand the implications.

He turned to where the Jedi Master was looking down at him gravely. "What did he mean by that?"

He thought Qui-Gon looked a little ashen. The Jedi merely smiled. "I'll tell you later." When that time came, he didnt know how he'd break it to Anakin. Or his mother.

One of Anakin's little friend Kitster was eagerly helping him. "This is so wizard! I'm sure you'll do it this time, Annie."

Padme had no idea what he was talking about. "Do what?"

The little one looked at her like she was stupid. "Finish the race, of course!"

Padme turning to Anakin, her face blanched. "You've never won a race?"

"Well...not exactly..."

"Not even finished?!"

Anakin looked sheepish. Then he grinned and put his arm around Kitster. "...but Kitster's right, I will this time."

Qui-Gon sighed. This was turning into a very bad day. He forced himself to smile. "Of course you will." He had never been wrong like this before. His hand had moved in gesture, to addle the dice. Would it have been blue if he hadnt cheated?! Better not tell Obi-Wan about this just yet. He had enough with this mere hand maiden's continuous complaining. It was bad enough being in the services of a fourteen year old girl continously attempting to order him. He pitied Obi-Wan stuck back there at the ship. He patted Anakin's shoulders affectionately for a moment then looked up. Padme was looking at him strangely.

"Is everything alright?"

"Nothing out of the ordinary. I'm going to go contact the ship, is there anything I can get for you?"

She shook her head. Qui-Gon turned his back on her. Sometimes he just didnt like that girl. But nowthat he thought of it, he'd seen her somewhere before. He went off outside, leaned against a wall and wiped his head. This was all so..so wrong.

He had no idea.

To be continued...

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Very nice start - and Qui is feeling it up to "here." I like that. Doesn't want to tell his apprentice, either. What will happen?

3. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    uh-uh[face_mischief]

Do you mind giving me a PM when you update?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.