main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Here and Now- SiriWan cannon/drama

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obsessedwithSW, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Sorry this is long but I didn't know where it divide it up. It is not yet beta'd and is subject to editing when I get it back. Crit welcome please pm me!
    I have plans for a AU epilogue of flirty mush for those of us that believe that cannon is wrong about the couple. Let me know if you interested!:D

Title: Here and Now
    Author: ObsessedwithSW
    Timeframe: pre TMP, after events in the 1st half of Secrets of the Jedi
    Characters: Siri /Obi-Wan , Qui-Gon and Adi Gallia
    Disclaimer: I own nothing this is all George and Jude?s characters.
    Notes : This is a story written for a 2 person challenge with Dianethx . We had to write the same story from two different POV.

Siri looked away as she struggled with her emotions, pretending to search for something on the opposite side of the cafeteria . Obi-Wan, why did you have to be here?

Seeing him had become complicated and... difficult. She desperately wished that she had heard he was back from his latest mission so that she could have mentally prepared herself for his presence, or better yet, planned to take her meal at a later time to avoid him altogether.

Stop it, she chided herself. You knew it would be this way. She swallowed hard and tapped down her rising feelings; she would have to deal with them later, when she was alone. She squared her shoulders and lifted her chin. This was how it was going to be and running away wasn?t going to change that.

Besides, she already tried running away. It didn't work.

?Siri wait up!? The loud clack of booted footfalls reverberated through the marbled hall as Obi-Wan picked up his pace to catch Siri in the deserted corridor. Panicking, she increased her speed and ducked quickly around the corner and into the rooms she shared with her Master. She hurriedly slapped the control panel to shut the door and let out a shaky sigh of relief when the panel slid to a close. Her posture relaxed as she turned around only to find Adi staring at her, questioningly. ?Siri we need to talk.?

Head held high, the young woman looked back in his direction, her gaze settling on the table in the temple dining hall where she customarily sat with her fellow agemates. On the one side, there was Reeft and Bant who appeared to be patiently listening to some tale that Garen was gesturing wildly about and across from them of course was ... Obi-Wan.

She could do this, she told herself. She could.

Just ignore him. Pretend he is not here.

Siri proceeded through the mess line and headed for the seat at the opposite end of the table from... him, refusing to spare a quick glance in his general direction. She acknowledged the greetings of her fellow diners with a quiet hello as she sat down. She then concentrated all her attention on the food in front of her to discourage further interaction.

Several bites later, she heard some scuffling noises coming from the opposite end of the table. Abruptly, all conversation at the table halted and the focus shifted to whatever was happening. Willing herself not to look up, she listened instead.

Garen called out, ?Obi-Wan, what?s wrong??

Siri?s food caught in her throat. She didn't hear an answer, just the sound of movement. As she reached for her drink, she saw Obi-Wan?s boots pass through her peripheral vision as he stormed away.

Too bad, she thought bitterly. Now you know how I feel. She lifted the cup to her lips.

Her heart felt hollow.

As soon as she was free, Siri escaped to her room and locked the door behind her. Dropping the mask of cold indifference, she laid down on her sleep couch and proceeded to do something that she hated to do.

She cried.

Why couldn?t she let go? She was frustrated by her lack of self-discipline, her inability to rule her heart.

She had thought she was finally over him. While he was gone, she had been fine- even tempered and in control, her focus squarely on her duties as a Jed

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Nicely done - nicely done! They worked through it! Nice description of the sparring and the emotions they worked through.

3. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    =D= Very, very nice!!! =D=

She looked at Bant who returned her gaze and shook her head in disapproval. An unspoken sentiment passed between them. Men.
    [face_laugh] It's always the same, isn't it? Men, indeed! [face_laugh]

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    This is quite delightful! :D

Qui-Gon studied Siri for a long moment, his gaze piercing.

It was as if Qui-Gon could see right through her defenses, laying bare into the truth of her soul. She found it unnerving. She felt his light touch in the Force as he gently brushed against her shields. Siri pretended not to notice. At last, he broke eye contact.

?Padawan Tachi,? he greeted her.

She clasped her hands in front of her and bowed her head respectfully in acknowledgement.

How Obi-Wan could stand the constant scrutiny, she couldn?t imagine. Siri decided she much preferred Adi?s motherly ministrations to Qui-Gon?s attention despite her current exasperation at her Master for placing her in such an undesirable situation.

I could easily feel the same way under those circumstances.

5. General_Kenobi_66

General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2006
    Sorry that this is long? :eek: I think not!!:D Long SiriWans are awesome!:D

This was brilliant, and incredibly in-character. And it helped to fill in the missing gap that was left for us- in the later books, Obi-Wan is perfectly friendly with Siri, as if nothing had happened, so this was a bit of an explanation.

Anyway, this was great, and wonderful job on it. =D==D=

Edit: Yay! There's more![face_dancing]

6. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    What is the "Sorry that this is long?" thing :) Remember Mozart in Amadeus and the "too many notes" complaint and his answer?

That is yours. It is Not too short or too long. The story is what it is meant to be and was wonderful.

That is a tough thing to work through. I am not sure that I have even learned it as well as these two young people in your story.

Great job! =D=

7. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    This story is just perfect like this, i'm glad u didnt split it up :D

I really enjoyed this, not only because i'm a big Siriwan fan, but because it felt real, like this could have really happened between them :)

Loved it, loved it, loved it =D=

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Long? I loved it and they are friends in the Jediquest series and this explains it for me. And Siri helps Obi-Wan in the Clonewars.

9. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Aww, this is so sad in a way, but I loved your resolution in the end. The fact that Obi-Wan and Siri would continue to be friends despite having to give up their love for each other. Great story! =D= =D=

10. Lincoln_6_Echo

Lincoln_6_Echo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2006
    Beautiful story! So sad, but well in character. Well done!=D= ù

However, if I am not mistaken there is more of this, isn't it? I truly hope to read the AU flirty epilogue! [face_love]

More soon, please?

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Well, we're GLAD it's long! :p And so well done, a pure joy to read. :)

Sad, yes, but accurate. =D=

12. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    It is so like Siri to need to use the aggression of the match to get through her feelings. And to finally see that Obi-Wan was suffering. That was a nice touch. I was glad they had that little moment at the end. Friends at least again, but not quite the same. :)

13. obsessedwithSW

May 24, 2005

Thanks for reading, I appriciate he support!:)

Well DRL has been keeping me busy but I will reply tonight. AU alternate epilogue will be up Sunday promise!

14. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    Awesome! If it is anything like this lovely piece, I can't wait!

J_Ro

15. obsessedwithSW

May 24, 2005
    Valairy_scot- Thanks for reading ! You knew they would have to get through it!;)

Filfilla- I cant help but put a little sarcasm in a post.:D

Healer Leona- I am glad you enjoyed it! I always thought that not everyone would feel the same way about a character , Qui-Gon for instance alot would depend on the circumstance.

General Kenobi 66- I try real hard to get the characterization right at least my version of it! Thanks for your support it means a lot to me!@};-

Noelie- I guess I will have to rewatch Amadeus to remember the reference but thank you!:) I don't think the hard times are over for these two but they are on the road. Plus it is easier to realize that it had nothing to do with each other. Most of our breakups are due to incompatibility.

Veloz- really enjoyed this, not only because i'm a big Siriwan fan, but because it felt real, like this could have really happened between them - I thought it needed a bridge. Diane suggested that we do a fic where obi and Siri would compete against the other with her showing it from Qui?s POV- I suggested this angle. I am glad it worked. Although I believe they really fooled around but that's just my opinion![face_love]

earlybird_obiWan- Ok I give maybe it wasnt long!:rolleyes: They were awfully comfortable with each other in the JQ books weren't they![face_blush]

Lincoln Echo 6-Aw thank you! Yes there is more because I like happy endings and steam!

VaderLVR64-Thank you Master! *bows*[face_blush]

ardavenport- I think Siri resorts to annoyance before sadness to deal with her feelings. I wanted to show a little bit of readjustment and quiet acceptancein the end between the two plus I think Obi-Wan is always the kind heart. Thanks for reading!:)

Jaded Rose - Welcome! Glad you like it. Ill do my best for the alternate ending![face_batting]

Thanks everyone I really appriciate the feedback!

16. padawan-grasshopper

padawan-grasshopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    *tee hee* I can so see that happening. This as really good. I am definately interested in an epilogue.

17. obsessedwithSW

May 24, 2005
    Whoever put this in for a nom for the summer awards all I can say is " Wow" thank you I am very honored. You have no idea what that meant to me. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.