main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Tale of Three Sith ~ Sidious plans to replace Maul with Dooku ~ Updated with *Chapter Three*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Blue Ice Cream, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Title: A Tale of Three Sith
    Author: epithree
    Genre: drama, action
    Characters: Dooku, Maul, Sidious
    Timeline: TPM to AOC
    Summary: Sidious plans to replace Maul with Dooku.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars is not mine.
    Notes: Darth Sidious has recruited Count Dooku as an apprentice long before he's finished with Darth Maul.
    Dooku wants the honor of being sent to Naboo during the blockade affair, but Sidious has already enlisted Maul for that duty.
    As Darth Tyrannus, Dooku's jealousy and lust for power cause him to employ a team of bounty hunters to assist with capturing Darth Maul.
    Disguised as Jedi Master Sifo-Dias, Maul's mission is to erase Kamino from the Jedi archives.
    Dooku's plan is to ruin that mission by leaking the information to his former padawan, Qui-Gon Jinn. This ensures a confrontation between Maul and the Jedi.
    Darth Maul attempts to discover who is responsible for the sabotage, and Dooku has to hide his actions from Darth Sidious.
    Each of the three Sith has his own agenda, and this story explores the outcome.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Star Wars

A Tale of Three Sith

-----

The galactic republic, which has stood for countless generations, has become weak and corrupt. Damaged by shady politicians, the senate is crumbling. Those who sought to protect the republic, the heroic Jedi knights, have become disillusioned. Seizing upon this unexpected opportunity, crime syndicates such as the Bando Gora, have started to increase their activity. Disorder and chaos now rule the galaxy, beckoning a Sith lord to take action.

Eager to take advantage of the situation, Darth Sidious, dark lord of the Sith, has employed the proper steps to ensure a blockade of the planet Naboo. This bold move leads to the fruition of his ultimate plan, which requires that the existence of a planet known as Kamino be kept a secret from the Jedi order. By order of the dark lord, his apprentice, Darth Maul, has been sent to handle the matter.

Upon completing his mission, Darth Maul is to be sent to track the Jedi knights protecting the Naboo queen. Acting against harsh Sith tradition, his mentor has recruited a new student to eventually replace him. Darth Sidious and this new apprentice are to meet at an unknown system...

-----

~5~

Luke Skywalker, the one and only Jedi Knight, continued to sit cross legged with calm composure. There, upon the frigid floor of his holding cell, he meditated skillfully. His eyes had not opened since before takeoff, and his personal meditative journey had already taught him much. The boy had not only learned a great deal about himself, but had gained a large amount of insight regarding Darth Vader as well.

Remaining in his private meditation chamber long after the shuttle had landed, the dark lord had been meditating also. Once the craft was parked in the enormous hangar bay, Luke detected no change from Vader?s mental shielding. The Sith blocked all attempts at probing, just as he?d done for the entire flight. However, Luke was hopeful. The dark lord would have to leave his chamber eventually.

Then, sure enough, it happened. Luke sensed the presence of his nemesis abscond from the private chamber. Next, he felt the strong presence exit the shuttle. And for the slightest moment, he thought Darth Vader was trying to contact him, but the sensation left as quickly as it had come.

Had Vader stretched out with the force to sense Luke?

The boy was unsure, but it was clear that the connection had quickly been severed. Now, Luke detected the dark presence just standing next to the boarding ramp. And although he made no attempt to commune with Luke, the dark lord did drop his powerful mental shielding.

At first, Luke was unable to extract any hidden information. As long as Darth Vader kept his focus away from

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Looks like you're off to a good start. =D=

3. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Hey hi there.

Thanks for the post... really appreciate it.

I posted the lone crawl only... just to see if this topic generates any interest.

The prologue is next... it's going to be a very short post, to test the waters again.

Any responses and chapter one goes up.

4. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    An interesting subject matter. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

5. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Hey hi there.

Thanks for the post.

The prologue is coming soon.

6. Manda_Jade

Manda_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2006
    Good stuff epithree :D

Stop teasing! Post more!

:p

7. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006

Prologue

-unknown system, Wild Space-

A unique craft was drifting slowly towards the nearest star, an orange dwarf sun straight ahead. The only other visible wonder in this uncharted system was a tiny, useless planetoid which was now at opposition from the craft's vantage point. A backdrop of distant stars could be seen in all directions. The barren system was uncharted for the usual reasons. It had no resources and nothing to offer the galactic community.

This unknown system represented the far out suburbs of the galaxy, and it did not have any nearby neighbors. That is precisely why the newest member of the Sith order, Count Dooku, chose it. Dooku came here to have important discussions with his new mentor, for they could not yet risk an actual meeting. Their relationship could not be revealed yet. The count was ordered to do it this way, and that's exactly what he did.

The system's bright sun, though many light minutes away, shone brilliantly off the reflective panels of Count Dooku's impressive solar sailer. The long durasteel beams that secured the ship, extended way ahead of the actual cockpit, which was glimmering white-orange due to the starshine. The cockpit's transparisteel bubble contained no pilot. The only occupants were a droid and Count Dooku himself, who was off awaiting a transmission at the galley.

Dooku entered a dark, nearby corridor and stopped just before a holoprojector protruding out from the bulkhead. The image of a hooded Darth Sidious crackled into existence precisely at the moment that Dooku performed his bow to revere the dark lord. Dooku broke the eerie silence. "How can I serve you, my lord?" The pale blue of the holo's projection was powerfully ominous.

"Lord Tyrannus." Sidious spoke slowly and softly, but with an unimaginable amount of power. "An urgent matter has arisen that must interrupt your training."

Dooku cocked an eyebrow due to curiosity, but didn't allow the dark lord to witness it. "Master?"

"Our acquaintances, the Kaminoans, require a host." The dark lord's words commanded absolute authority.

Now Dooku risked a raised glance to see his master, which caused his cape to flutter, making him an intimidating sight as well. "Then it is time for me to find our template for the clones?" The count experienced a tinge of excitement that even his dark powers could not suppress.

"Yes, my apprentice," Darth Sidious said as one of his gnarled hands came into view and pointed to accentuate the importance. "But you must first meet with these cloners to resolve the matter of Sifo-Dias and payment."

"Ah," Dooku said. He expressed his interest. The mention of Sifo-Dias brought the count's attention and thoughts to another matter. "Then I take it that this Maul has done his job succesfully?" Count Dooku emphasized the name Maul so that his aversion to the other apprentice would be duly noted.

"It is of no concern to you," the dark lord said to Dooku in a reassuring manner rather than one of beratement. "You are to go to Kamino and perform your duty without error." Sidious accentuated 'without error' to reestablish Dooku's place as a mere servant to the dark lord. "Lord Maul is accessing the data as we speak. His place in my design is predetermned. I have foreseen his potential for the Naboo affair, and he shall handle the matter there."

Dooku's eyes expanded from shock. Even his place amongst the corridor shifted slightly, and Count Dooku was a man who rarely lost his composure. "My lord, you know that my padawan might very well be selected for that mission and..."

Darth Sidious stopped the count as his deranged smirk bended into a thin line of hatred. "You have no padawan," the dark lord stated more loudly now. "You are a Sith, and I expect you to act accordingly."

Dooku realigned his posture and bowed again. "I apologize, my lord. and what of this Maul after the blockade?" Dooku had always made it a point to never use the name Darth together with Maul, out of pure jealousy. Now Dooku was treading along a thin line. H

8. Manda_Jade

Manda_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2006
    Careful Count!!

:p

This is great so far epithree!

I'm lookin forward to seein how much more Dooku with push it, and Kamino should be interesting too..

=D=

Don't leave me waiting too long now

Heehee

9. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Hey hi there.

Yes, Dooku better be careful, for his own good... but i assure you, he'll push the apprentice issue a lot more.

Kamino can be quite mysterious.

Thanks for the post and comments!

epithree

10. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Hey hi there.

Reviews and comments are welcomed!

Please send feedback and stay tuned for chapter one.

11. JediMalak

JediMalak Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2006
    [face_pig] awesomeness with the colors [face_monkey]

12. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Hey hi there.

Thanks for the post.

Jedimalak... you're too much!

13. pat_skywalker39

pat_skywalker39 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    great start, i really liked the dialog between those two, the hidden threats behind every phrase. Keep up!

14. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Hey hi there.

Thanks for the post.

Next update soon.

15. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Hey hi there!
    -----

A Tale of Three Sith

~Chapter One~

The Sith Lord, Darth Maul, stood calmly next to an advanced archival console. He was quite ready to perform his appointed task at hand.

It had taken him weeks to attain the proper key cards and gain the clearance needed to complete his secret mission.

The entire Jedi order was unaware of who he truly was, for here at the Jedi temple of Coruscant, he was known only as Jedi Master Sifo-Dias. Therefore, the existence of Darth Maul, his dark master Darth Sidious, and their whole conspriracy was known only by one sentient being. It was their new accomplice, Count Dooku.

After tweaking the proper knobs and levers, Darth Maul walked over to a nearby archive monitor. Then he sat, for this is where the real work would take place.

Darth Maul took a quick glance around at the surveillence cams he had deactivated. And that
    was the last precaution he took before hacking the system. Bit by bit, he checked the numerical strands displayed across the monitor. They were perfect.

Even though the Zabrak warrior was extremely cocky, a dark lord such as Maul knew the risks. He could be facing overwhelming odds if he made the wrong move.

One hand worked ferociously at the keypads while the other gripped a Jedi lightsaber lightly. The lightsaber, which was constructed with precision and detail, was a piece of his outstanding disguise.

If he had to, Darth Maul would force himself to use the saber, but only if he didn't have time to extract his own. His true, double-bladed lightsaber staff was clasped against the lining of his bulky tunic pouch. And it was hidden well, ready for action.

The reflection of his own face upon the monitor disgusted Darth Maul. It was enough to make him question his own actions, and the Sith Lord was seething with anger. He mentally scolded himself. The disguise was necessary.

Being amongst the Jedi, and posing as one of them, wasn't something the Sith Lord ever imagined he'd have to do. His unending hatred towards the Jedi swelled within him, and that was enough to make this betrayal and sabotage worth it. He was feeding off of his anger. It made him stronger and gave him focus.

Had anyone else besides Darth Sidious requested such a mission to the Zabrak, they would have had to deal with red-bladed fury, but even Darth Maul could not disobey the shadowy Dark Lord of the Sith. The punishment from his dark master would be too severe.

Again, his attention was drawn to the reflection. The brownish-orange durogel that masked his true dark and red persona was a wonder of science. As much as he hated what he looked like, Darth Maul still had to admit that the disguise was close to flawless.

He only had trouble with the costume earlier today. A concordance ritual with Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn had melted a patch of the durogel upon his neck. Also, after a collision he had with Jedi padawan Kenobi, some of the gel had rubbed off of his hand.

Darth Maul slowly shook his horn-studded head. He was trying to concentrate upon the graphics in front of him, but instead he was thinking of those close calls with the Jedi. He was really quite certain that they were none the wiser.

Adjusting the durogel around one of his cranial horns, his thoughts dwelled upon the month he had spent at the Jedi temple. It had almost drove him mad. The Zabrak shook his head again and got back to business.

Upon the screen were the exclusive files of the Jedi archives, an extensive source of information about the galaxy. Darth Maul had accessed the specifics of a remote planetary system beyond the outer rim.

The advanced console asked him to confirm, and with one more keystroke, Darth Maul had erased the existence of a planet known as Kamino. He had deleted it permanently from the Jedi archives.

A thin, evil smile formed across Lord Maul's mouth, and his artificial teeth shone a brilliant white. A bunch of gelcaps were hiding his grotesque real ones.

Darth Maul now swiped an access card through one

16. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Hey hi there.

Thanks for the post and applause!

~epi3

17. DountCooku

DountCooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    I'm enjoying this so far. Please add me to your PM list.

18. Amrita_Glittersong

Amrita_Glittersong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2007
    Looks really interesting! Love the interaction between Sidious and Dooku, and you've done a good job with Maul's thoughts and things too (good enough that I liked it even though I don't like Maul. :p)

19. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Thanks for the post and your interest.

~epi3

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another great post! =D=

21. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Okay... you got it!

22. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Sidious lines are a blast to write. Thanks for the feedback and kind words.

~epi3

23. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Thanks for the kind words and post.

No problem... you're added to the pm list!

~epi3

24. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Hey hi there!

Thrilled that you're interested!

Interactions with Sidious are a blast to write. Add Dooku and it's a classic line party!

Glad you were able to put up with maul even though you don't like him.

Now to confess... i am so hooked by your story! Any updates soon? :D

Thank you so much for your kind words!

~epithree

25. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Thanks!

~epi3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.