main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Bit of Fluff -- Qui-Gon misadventure, one-post humor

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Title: Bit of Fluff
    Author: ardavenport
    Timeframe: pre-Episode I, pre-TPM
    Genre: Humor
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Keywords Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, sepur
    Summary: Qui-Gon makes friends.
    Notes: Typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers don?t catch being my speciality ? if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to George and Lucasfilm; I?m just playing in their sandbox

"Aaaaaah, I see they have not arrived yet." Qui-Gon's Vleston guide surveyed the empty room with his silvery eyes. "If you will be so kind, Master Jedi, to wait here? I will find them." He spoke softly, with a slight hiss to his otherwise perfect standard.

Qui-Gon nodded. "Of course. I will be happy to wait here," he agreed. The guide touched his shiny, steel-blue scaled forehead and bowed.

"I will not be long." He left to go find Obi-Wan and the other guide. The door slid closed behind him.

It was a pleasant waiting room, with a skylight overhead, a gray tiled floor, plants in the corners and padded benches along the dark paneled walls. In one corner was a table with a large tray of refreshments.

Qui-Gon strolled over to a decoratively screened entrance to an interior garden, but surprisingly it did not slide open for him though it clearly was a doorway. Peering through the gaps in the curling latticework, Qui-Gon saw a large area of green ground covering plants and bushes shaded by several large trees that rose up high over the roofs of the buildings.

Wrinkling his nose, Qui-Gon detected a faint animal smell. Among the plants he spied furry creatures in varying combinations of blue and brown and white. The garden was an enclosure for sepur. From their small size, Qui-Gon presumed that they were young ones, not long separated from their mothers.

The Jedi had heard little about the creatures before arriving on H'flurz, but while reviewing the Vleston's adherence to their treaty with their sister world, Qui-Gon had heard and seen quite a bit more. They were highly favored in Vleston society both as pets and working animals. The adult creatures, the largest reaching only up to Qui-Gon's knees when standing, were highly disciplined, well trained and eager to please their masters. The Vlestons took great pride in their sepur companions and conversations about them always elicited smiles.

The sepur kits played among the plants in small groups of little fluff balls that would soon grow up into the well mannered and perpetually happy adults that Qui-Gon had observed. A few lazed in patches of sunlight. Asleep, their bodies were little furry tubes with a big bulge in the middle and long tufts of hair at either end. Four evenly spaced limbs, two arms and two legs, stubby with long narrow fingers, were tucked close to one end of the bulge. At the other ends, their little eyes and mouth holes were all but invisible amidst long hair and thick patches of whiskers.

It was a splendid garden. Qui-Gon smiled and then turned back to the refreshments.

The Vlestons ate two huge meals a day, early in the morning and late in the day and it was considerate of them to accommodate their Jedi guests who preferred more frequent and smaller ones. Qui-Gon poured water from an orange pitcher into a matching cup while he tasted a few savory finger foods and munched some vegetable sticks. They were all excellent. He picked out a large bright green puff ball on a stick. It was light and melted in his mouth with a burst of sweet and sour flavors and he quickly finished it in a few bites.

Beep, beep, beep, beep!

Qui-Gon turned toward the sound of scrabbling and beeping to see a small white sepur kit peeking in at him. It had jumped up onto the latticework and now clung to it with the blunt claws on the long fingers of its arms. It pressed its flat face into the opening it clung to, but it was too big, though

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_laugh] That was very cute, and had me smiling all the way through. The last where Obi picks the food from Qui-Gon's beard almost had me on the floor laughing. =D=

3. azizah

azizah Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2006
    This one was obviously too young to be trained and it now begged shamelessly. The sepur's whiskers lowered in its very best attempt to look forlorn and thin.

That sounds like my puppy. But this was the best:

"Stop this now, or I will eat you all!" he commanded and waved his arm toward the whole room. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Now Qui-Gon [face_shame_on_you] I guess the only way to really defeat a Jedi master is with fluff. Very cute.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Qui-Gon and animals is always very cute and this story had me laughing[face_laugh]

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Very funny[face_laugh]

Qui-Gon and his pathetic lifeforms, as Obi-Wan would say.

=D= :D

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awwww, simply deilghtful and adorable. [face_love] [face_love]

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was rather sweet over all but poor Qui. He can't even eat in peace.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Hilarious! Just what I needed as I sit here...hungry. :_|

=D= [face_laugh] =D=

9. DarthBerryStraw

DarthBerryStraw Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2007
    [face_laugh] This was such a cute, enjoyable read!

10. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] Poor Qui-Gon, defeated by little bits of fluff. :p For some reason your description of the sepurs makes me think of very fuzzy anteaters.

Cute story!

11. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

"Stop this now, or I will eat you all!" he commanded and waved his arm toward the whole room.

The sepur squealed together in terror. A few of them scurried back out through the ground opening and spread the alarm in the garden. But unfortunately most of them just panicked and rushed into a corner.

Qui-Gon's shoulders slumped as he looked back at the terrified little eyes. They clustered tightly together into a clump of multi-hued fur balls. But at least no new ones were coming in anymore. He knew that the sensible thing to do would be to go and look for an attendant, but Qui-Gon could simply not leave them in such a state.

He slowly went to the center of the room and crouched. The sepur kits watched every motion. Quite convinced that he was going to eat them, their long narrow fingers clutched each other and they pressed even more tightly together. Fear was a quick but an unpredictable influence at best, but even worse, it was cruel.

"I'm not going to eat you." He spoke calmly, casting a peaceful influence toward them. The clump loosened up a bit. "But I really need you to behave." A few sepur looked about as if trying to remember where the danger was. "And I'm sure you all must be very tired from having so much fun." Still in a crouch, hand out to them, he moved closer. A few drew back, but most followed his hand, mesmerized. "And it would be a very good idea for you all to take a nap now after all that excitement." This last influence came out as a whisper. Some sepur stretched out on the floor, while the rest stayed together, their whiskers sleepily lowered over the dots of their eyes.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww [face_love]This was such a cute vig, ardavenport!

12. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    The guide hesitated, perhaps imagining what 'more trouble' might look like,

your masterful prose allows us all to imagine what 'more trouble' might look like,!!

loved this.

13. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004

Alexis_Wingstar: Thank-you! Jedi are just powerless in the face of cuteness. And Obi-Wan might have had to point out something stuck in his master's beard sometimes. [face_mischief]

azizah: Thanks! Young animals are at their cutest when begging for food. :) And I think Qui-Gon was feeling guilty about scaring them all. Unfortunately they too advantage. [face_mischief]

earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks! :)

Gkilkenny: Thanks for the reply! I wonder if Qui-Gon could be considered a pathetic life form.....sometimes. ;)

Healer_Leona: Thanks for reading!

KELIA: Glad you liked it! Poor Qui-Gon shared his dinner with too many others.

VaderLVR64: Thanks for reading! But, ooops, sorry it made you hungry. [face_whistling]

DarthBerryStraw: Thank-you!

Jedi_Tigris: Thanks! Hmmmm, I think that since the sepurs have mouth 'holes' and tubular bodies, maybe that is reminiscent of anteaters? Very different from what I was thinking and anteaters just aren't fluffy-kitten-type fluffy.

Layren: Thanks! Yep, I was going for extreme cuteness in a vaguely Disney-esque-animal-film type way, like bears and raccoons getting into the kitchen of a cabin. :)

ratna: Thanks for reading! 'More trouble' would probably be more than the Jedi could handle. [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.