main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Tale of Obi-Wan Kenobi: First Sentence Challenge [Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon ]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Karachi_Kenja, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karachi_Kenja

Karachi_Kenja Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2006
    Title: The Tale of Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Author: Karachi_Kenja
    Timeframe: Roughly around 42 BBY.
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Bant, Siri and Garen, a little bit of Yoda.
    Summary: Obi-Wan Kenobi has a bizarre resemblance to a character in a classic youngling story.
    Disclaimer: I don?t own the fairytale worlds of George Lucas or Beatrix Potter, but life would be so much better if I did. I thank them for letting me using the worlds in this fic.
    Notes: For those of you reading in ?The Saga?, you can swap Obi-Wan, Bant, Siri and Garen for Anakin, Darra, Ferus and Tru [from Jedi Quest].

*I don't usually post in Before the Saga, but for this challenge [Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon First Sentence Challenge] I did. All of the characters you are unfamiliar with [excluding Siri] can be found in Jedi Apprentice #7: The Captive Temple.*

THE TALE OF OBI-WAN KENOBI

?Once upon a time, there were four little rabbits. Their names were Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-Tail and Peter.?

Ali-Alann?s soft baritone rung out in the small room. Twenty pairs of curious eyes stared at the Jedi Master intently. ?They lived with their Mother in a sand-bank, underneath the root of a very big fir tree,? he continued. The twenty pairs of curious eyes looked around at each other, then to the four Padawans standing at the back of the room. ?Don?t you love moments like these?? Obi-Wan Kenobi asked his friends. ?Times when we can just relax and have a day out with the younglings??

?I could use a break,? Siri Tachi mumbled. ?Master Adi has been ushering me around too many places in too short a time.?

?I think we could all use a break, including our Masters,? Bant Eerin interjected with a smile. ?Yes, Obi-Wan is right. Moments like these are one to cherish.? All four Padawans had come back from missions with their Masters, and all of them were exhausted. There was the sound of rustling as Ali-Alann turned the page.

? ?Now, my dears,? said old Mrs. Rabbit one morning, ?you may go into the fields or down the lane, but don't go into Mr. McGregor's garden: your Father had an accident there; he was put in a pie by Mrs. McGregor,? ? Ali-Alann read. The younglings chattered amongst themselves.

?That Mrs. Rabbit sounds like one of our Masters,? Garen noted. ?But then again, when your father has been put into a pie, I suppose she does have a right to say that.? The others nodded, and let Ali-Alann finish the story.

?I liked that story, didn?t you, Obi-Wan?? Four-year old Honi asked Obi-Wan. It was only a children?s story, yet it was filled with fear and danger.? Obi-Wan smiled. ?That story reflects life as a Jedi. It?s something interesting you should note. A Jedi?s life is almost the same.? Honi nodded curiously. ?You listen to your Master, who warns you, then you go out and go on the mission,? Obi-wan explained as his comlink beeped. ?Now, you go off and paly with your friends. I have some business to attend to.?

A few days later?

?Alright, Padawans,? Qui-Gon said. ?You can explore the area, but don?t go too far north into the Gorgodon nest in the forest, one of the Padawans had an accident there, and was commissioned to a bacta tank for a month.? Obi-Wan, Bant, Garen and Siri nodded. ?Now, run along, and don?t get into mischief. We are going to get some supplies.?

Qui-Gon and Tahl had offered to take the Padawans on a mini-mission, and The Jedi council approved. The two of them went down to the local market, where trade was friendly, and food was plenty. They decided to buy some Alderaanian gorak bird and some muja fruit, also stopping to buy some bread rolls.

Garen yawned. ?Well, we have the rest of the day to explore the surroundings. Let?s go see what we can find, and anything interesting we can bring back here.? The others nodded, and they set off in different directions: Obi-Wan headed north, Garen headed south, Siri headed west, and Bant headed east.

Obi-Wan had seen some nice wildlife and plant life in this direction, and headed towards them happily. He spotted a fl

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I loved it! :D

?I am sorry to say that Obi-Wan is not very well,? Tahl said to Qui-Gon, after checking up on him. Tahl had put him to bed and made some porridge, and gave a bowl of it to Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan looked at Tahl. She smiled. ?One bowl to be eaten at bed time. You know that.?

But Siri, Garen and Bant had bread and Gorak bird and muja fruit for their meal

=D=

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved this story about my favorite character=D=

4. azizah

azizah Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2006
    Great job. I loved how you worked in all the details of the original story, especially

Qui-Gon was busy preparing their meal, and he wondered what Obi-Wan had done to himself. It was the second lightsaber Obi-Wan had lost that year!

Very cute.

5. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Oh my goodness what a fantastic fic! You did a great job of weaving all the parts from the original story in.

Loved this...After losing the things on his belt, Obi-Wan ran faster as his load was lighter. He tore through the bushes with extreme speed. He would have gotten away, but his long sleeves and lightsaber got caught in the thorny shrubs. It was lightsaber with polished coverings and had a brass sheen, quite new. :D

lol - thanks for bringing a smile to my face! :)

6. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    ?Now, run along, and don?t get into mischief. We are going to get some supplies.?

Oh, yes, that's going to keep the padawans out of trouble, Qui-Gon! [face_mischief] Ali-Alann should read Obi-Wan's story to all the little padawans at bedtime. :)

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww.....that was so cute

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Karachi_Kenja

Karachi_Kenja Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2006
    Thanks to all for reading!!:D :D :D

VaderLVR64:
    I loved it!
    Thank you! Glad to entartain.

earlybird-obi-wan:
    Loved this story about my favorite character.
    Thanks. Yes, we all love Obi-Wan, don't we?

azizah:
    Great job. I loved how you worked in all the details of the original story, especially.
    You noticed! I made sure to do that. :)

Very cute.
    Aww... Everything's cuter with little Padawans causing havoc.

Kestrel_Kenobi:
    Oh my goodness what a fantastic fic!
    Ahhh... It was 'just a bit of silliness'. [recognize that from anywhere?] :D

ardavenport:
    Ali-Alann should read Obi-Wan's story to all the little padawans at bedtime.
    Good Idea![face_idea] The younlings need the Jedi Version of their classic story.

KELIA:
    Awww.....that was so cute. Great job on this.
    Thank you so much.

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Delightful response to the challenge. You should play in Before more often! :D

10. obi-gonjinn

obi-gonjinn Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 2006
    he wondered what Obi-Wan had done to himself. It was the second lightsaber Obi-Wan had lost that year!

I loved it, brilliant story it made me laugh![face_laugh]

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.