main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Two red beads completed june 22 ( all fanart by me on first post)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    First sentence challenge
    Title: Two red beads
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: JA Obi-Wan is 23
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Siri, Adi Gallia, Oc?s
    Genre: multi post HC SiriWan
    Keywords:
    Summary: shopping for a birthday present turns into something unexpected for Adi Gallia, Siri, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Kaagi Adin and Aaqu Maerhin.

Note: inspired by my 15-year anniversary in the volunteer firedept (june 1 1992). And my first incident was saving a horse and the second ?pancakes? in a home for the elderly made by their cook who is now a firechief and also celebrating his 15 years.
    Note 2: one of the pictures in ?the making of The Phantom Menace? has Obi-Wan with a red bead at the end of his padawan-braid.
    And this will be an illustrated story with pictures by me.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars = George Lucas.
    First sentence (credit to Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.)
    Picture challenge Pic 3 veggies and Pic 7 river

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in the garden of a thousand fountains

Obi-Wan and Nephril

Sunset on Lingala Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon for the picture challenge

Prologue

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

One inhabited planet orbited it and the dustball was known as Greamaga.

Tige Moranis was a pale looking human with pale grey eyes and flaxen white hair. He piloted a speeder through the dusty streets of Grema towards the spaceport. He stowed it away in his unmarked transport and plotted a course for Coruscant.
    As he was leaving Greamaga he smiled and thought ?that factory on Grema will be destroyed when I am in hyperspace and Iwana Needa will be very pleased?
    His next assignment was the small weapons merchant Waldan and Co with a large shop at the senate district shopping mall. ?Make it spectacular? she had ordered. ?Easy with weapons and ammo in that shop? he thought.

It was dark and only the pinpricks of light from a single transport illuminated the sky. It was a rural district of the cityplanet of Coruscant. The unmarked transport landed and Tige guided the speeder out of the hold. He finished the inputs in the navcomp and the timed bomb and pressed the activate button. In seven hours the speeder would be on its way and Tige would be off planet by that time and well on his way to his next job.

---

The inhabitants of the Jeditemple were waking up and one of the early risers was Jocasta Nu.

She wanted to move some old and new acquired artifacts to artroom number 6 and one of her assistants the very old Jedi Shh-kir - a strong and big Barkanian lizard - had sprained one limb. She thought ?he has been an old archivist when I was a young knight. He has studied the artifacts almost his entire adult life but now he is meditating or sleeping almost the entire day.?

She looked on her list and the next available beings were Qui-Gon Jinn and his padawan. She thought ?why those two? Obi-Wan Kenobi was an archive-disaster in his initiate-years and his master is even worse.?

Next on her list was Benno Perion. She muttered ?No, no and no, not that one. I?ll settle for the Jinn-Kenobi team? and she placed a call to master Jinn.

tbc-

2. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Chapter 1

?Beep, Beep? Obi-Wan bolted right up his covers flying every which way. He peeked at the alarmclock and muttered ?Six o?clock a time to turn around in your bed and sleep for more hours, not for waking up and having breakfast.?

It was one of the few days he didn?t want to rise early but when he heard his master Qui-Gon humming a song in the kitchen and the sizzling sound of baking pancakes coming to his ears he thought ?he is making breakfast and that is my task mostly. Pancakes the only thing I didn?t master making. Too fluffy or too flat and Qui-Gon had tried to teach me but never succeeded. But every other dish is my business because my master is a cooking-disaster.?

Obi-Wan shuffled to the fresher and after washing and shaving himself he dressed. He thought ?when you become a knight grow a beard like Qui-Gon and spent less time in the fresher. And that Nerftail! I?ll let my hair grow. But that braid is nice and reminds me every day of the great friendship between my master and me.?

He went to the kitchen and said ?good morning master.?

Qui-Gon said ?good morning young one. After breakfast we have an appointment with Jocasta Nu in the archives. She wants us to help her with some old artifacts. We have to move them to artroom number 6 and that should take about two hours.?

Obi-Wan remembered artroom number 7 where one of his ductcrawling adventures had ended with a fall on the floor and meeting an angry padawan, a concerned crèchemaster and healer master Aaqu, who had become his friend. He said ?that room should be safe for me.?

Qui-Gon asked ?a safe room??

Obi-Wan told his master of his adventure as a 3 year old initiate and when he finished it Qui-Gon was laughing.

Qui-Gon said ?like master like padawan ductcrawling in their early years and meeting healer Aaqu? and he told Obi-Wan on the way to the archives about his ductcrawling adventure ending with ?we made paper planes in the archives.?

Jocasta Nu heard the last of it and commented with a haughty voice ?you were one of the three archive-disasters in your initiate-years Jinn.?

Qui-Gon smiled and pointed towards one of the archive-boxes ?in one of those we found that rockhound again.?

Jocasta muttered something incomprehensible and Obi-Wan asked with an innocent smiling face ?what?s a rockhound??

Knowing his padawans response Qui-Gon said ?a little furry rodent.?

?Oh one of your pathetic creatures and you found it master? Obi-wan said.

?Seven disastrous creatures, that?s what they were? Jocasta Nu said ?before you are telling more of those disasterstories involving me and the Jinn-Perion-Windu-gang GO and get working on that moving business. The artifacts are in those boxes and need to be placed in these positions as shown on this map.?

It became a use-the-Force-and-move-the-artifact-and-history-lesson.
    Many things about the history of the Jedi were revealed as Obi-Wan read the descriptions.
    Obi-Wan admired two ancient looking swords before he placed them on a pedestal. A fleeing vision passed his mind of him fighting with one of them.

Qui-Gon was snickering when he put a painting on the wall and when Obi-Wan looked at it he said hollering with laughter ?and she calls that art. It?s entirely red with only a white and black dot adorning two opposite corners. A crècheling could have made it.?

Obi-Wan read the description and said ?it was used by master Vandar to meditate on the light side and dark side of the Force.?

Qui-Gon found an interesting leatherbound book ?teachings of the Whills? and placed it in a display-case with two pages visible. ?Hm ancient teachings I should come back for this and read more. Shh-kir has told me he had studied this book.? he thought.

A beautiful crafted figurine of a Jedi showing the flowing leaf kata was the last piece that was placed in artroom 6.

Qui-Gon said after they had placed the last object in the room ?we have still time for some lightsaber training and after lunch you can have some free time for yourself.?

---

Siri Tachi was waking up and afte

3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Chapter 2

Adi and Siri were sparring in one of the training-rooms when Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan entered. They began their training as well and soon the masters decided to create a new challenge.

A fight between the four of them commenced with the master defending the padawan or the reverse. A score from the defenders resulted in them becoming the attacking team and when the attackers scored they remained the attacking team.

?Timing, attack, defend, flow like a leaf on a current? Adi said through her bond with Siri. They were still the attacking team and winning from Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan said with a mischievous smile on his face ?Siri will you do the laundry again after this training??

Siri replied ?You know that remark will cost you!? and she was open just a moment for an attack by Qui-Gon.

Places were changed and Qui-Gon instructed through his bond ?become the lightsaber Obi-Wan. We are one in the Force. We move as one.?

They were in a stalemate situation again and at the same time Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan decided to end the match by powering down their lightsabers.

Four grinning Jedi left the room to dress and go to the restaurant for an early lunch.

----

Obi-Wan greeted Serinka the cook and selected a large citrifruit and a chef?s vegetable salad for lunch and they talked a bit more about recipes. Both loved to cook and had been giving each other lessons and exchanged recipes.

Serinka said ?my friend at the Senate-restaurant promised to sent me his new recipe for a vegetable salad. When I get it I will give you a copy.?

Siri placed a citrifruit on her tray besides a nerfburger.

Qui-Gon had the vegetable stew and Adi Gallia a large pasta-salad and the four Jedi seated themselves at a free table.

Siri was finishing the burger and started to peel her fruit. A disgusted frown came on her face and she said ?yuck a worm in my fruit.?

Obi-Wan said giggling ?hmm a creepy crawly for a meat-lover. They are nutricious.?

Siri replied by ?here it?s yours and I know a certain initiate who disliked spiders? and using the Force Obi-Wan?s citrifruit changed place with hers.

Obi-Wan said ?after I used my lightsaber to kill a spider in my room and the nightstand was cut in two, Qui-Gon let me meditate on them and I am not afraid of any bugs anymore even if they are as big as a Bantha.?

A Force tug of war started between Siri and Obi-Wan with the ?wormfree? piece of fruit as the victim.

Qui-Gon admonished Obi-Wan with ?you are too old for that padawan! Do you like to return for diner etiquette to the crèche of master Yoda to enjoy his famous stew??

Adi said ?Siri, it was Obi-Wan?s fruit. Give it to him or you can also visit the crèche again.?

Obi-Wan and Siri dropped the fruit at the same time with a look of disgust on their faces.

Obi-Wan said ?master you should know better. You didn?t like that stew either.? He said ?Siri let?s share this fruit? and he cut the peeled fruit in half and with a Force-push one piece landed on Siri?s plate.

Siri said ?thank you.?

A hmph was heard from another table where one Jedi was having his lunch and a well known voice said ?Qui-Gon do you remember that cooking-disaster??

Qui-Gon turned around in his seat and said ?shh Benno.?

Obi-Wan was snickering and said ?Oh I know about that already.?

Siri asked ?What?s so funny??

Obi-Wan said smiling and whispering ?you have to ask my master about that tin can and its contents he tried to heat without opening it properly. I think it was his first cooking lesson from Yoda.?

Qui-Gon heard it and said ?hmph actually it was the second lesson and that can did have a small opening at the top and when I heated it its contents squirted out like a fountain painting the kitchen green. We all ducked behind the table avoiding that goo and master Yoda gave us his awful stew for three days after that.?

Adi?s comlink beeped and she answered it ?Yes, come, after lunch.? She said ?I have a council-meeting. Siri you can enjoy a free afternoon.?

Siri thought ?yippee, now I can go to the s

4. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Nice picture!

"It's entirely red with only a white and black dot adorning two opposite corners. A crecheling could have made it."
    Obi-Wan read the description and said "It was used by master Vandar to meditate on the light side and dark side of the Force."

I like that a lot. Interesting symbolism.

I have a feeling that everyone is going to meet up at the place where the bomb was set....?

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Ratna thanks for reading and next chapter is the set-up for the meeting

Chapter 3

Dylan Henny had finished his report on the morning-incident: a small fire in one of the temple-restaurants when his comlink signalled an incoming call.

It was his friend chief Birin who had helped him during his first two weeks as chief of the Jeditemple-firestation. He had moved to his homeplanet of Lingala again when he was asked to join the Lingala firedepartment and the Henny family had visited him often during holiday-trips.

His parents and brother Sam had moved to that planet six years ago. Settling on Coruscant had been difficult for them; farmers in heart and soul. It was a beautiful planet and it reminded them of their home-planet. They owned a large farm near the coast.

Birin said ?Dylan I want to offer you a job at the Lingala-firedepartment. The chief of the small harbour-town of Ingal is retiring in a month and I want you to replace him.?

Dylan said without any hesitation ?I accept your offer. It is time to move up for me and Mr. Eastman doesn?t offer me anything more exiting than the Jeditemple-firestation. And being near my parents and brother is great too. They live a half hour drive from Ingal.?

More conversation followed and Dylan ended with ?see you in three weeks time.?

Next he contacted Mr. Eastman and his superior didn?t mind at all that he was leaving the Coruscant firedepartment.

---

93 year old Dunai elder master Kaagi Adin was entering the healer?s ward and went to his office. The first patient for the afternoon was Shh-kir and he was waiting for him in the treatment-room. He was sprawled on the floor and resting on his stomach. The sprained limb was resting on a pillow and Kaagi greeted him.

Shh-kir said with a sleepy and gravely voice ?it doesn?t hurt that much anymore. I love to go back on duty to my archives again.?

Kaagi said ?this will be the last treatment and tomorrow you can go back to Jocasta Nu and the archives.?

He dipped his hands in the large pot of massage-oil and started the treatment of Shh-kir?s limb, carefully avoiding the spikes that adorned the Barkanian lizard?s body.

---

Adi Gallia was sitting in the council-room.

Yarael Poof, Saesee Tiin and Oppo Rancisis were discussing about which new starfighter was the best for the Jedi and Adi was no lover of techtalk. Her thoughts were drifting off towards tomorrow ?Siri was going to the shopping mall and??

?Look out!? Adi shouted and before the council knew what was happening she ran away.

---

The sun was paining the Jeditemple in a golden hue and Qui-Gon Jinn was entering one of his favorite places. It was a small garden with beautiful flowers and trees. A fragrant smell wafted up his nose and the enchanting call of a little bird singing atop one of the larger trees entered his ears.

He thought of his apprentice and Siri going to the shopping mall enjoying themselves and their friendship. He walked to the meadow and knelt down. He had been with Obi-Wan to this garden many times to meditate and he remembered one of these times.

Oh how he loved it and he remembered sitting with Tahl in that same garden.

Seven years, it had been more than seven years since Tahl died.

Before that fateful mission he had been many times with Tahl in this same garden.

He had been on a training-trip with his padawan to Rangoon-6 when he was assaulted by a vision.

He had meditated or more tried to meditate on the trip back to Coruscant. He had defied the Council by going to New Apsolon and Obi-Wan had accompanied him.

He had pledged himself to Tahl and she herself to him on that planet before she was kidnapped. He couldn?t save her.

Only Obi-Wan had saved him from committing murder on Balog.

When they returned to the temple Obi-Wan had been very compassionate and a few days after their return from New Apsolom they had walked to this same garden and had meditated. He could let go of his loss and remembered the love Tahl had given him.

He remembered his numerous missions w

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Chapter 4

Tad and Josh were washing the dishes after a very late lunch because they had been busy the entire morning responding to emergencies.

?Beep beep? both their pagers went and Tad dropped one dish which crashed on the tiles.

?Medical alert! Senate shopping mall.?

Tad and Josh ran towards their vehicle and took off for the short ride towards the scene.
    Chief Sebeler and his squad were just ahead of them.

----

Chaos!
    Blaring sirens, flashing lights, firefighters and medics were rushing towards the scene of destruction.

Hoses were coupled and two-man teams wearing B.A?s rushed inside the mall which was still billowing smoke. Great ventilators were pushed inside and the place started to clear quickly.

The few customers and shopkeepers were brought out by the teams and placed on stretchers where lime and bluegreen clad medics took care of them. None of them was injured badly. Shopkeepers who came back from their lunch were ordered to stay outside until the all clear signal was given and salvage-crews came to the scene.

Reporters with holocams were covering it and speculating about the cause of the destruction. A bomb, a murder, a grudge against a shopkeeper? It was a weapons-shop that was nearly destroyed.
    Only a Jedi had pushed the speeder from its path and it crashed into a small separation-wall. The speeder exploded shortly afterwards and the wall collapsed. The destruction of the weapons-shop would have caused the collapse of the entire mall. A Jedi had saved them all.

A man who was tended by a medic was telling about his rescue by a Jedi to a reporter and a police detective.

He said ?I was pushed away by that Jedi and I saw the speeder explode and the Jedi was thrown against a small separation-wall. That wall collapsed and he was buried by it. I own my life to him? and he started to whimper softly.

The medic said ?you are alright and only your foot needs some attention. We will take you to General hospital.? The man was guided to a waiting medevac.

More speculation followed and one reporter said that a factory in Grema a town on Greamaga was destroyed by a bomb. It had been a factory for small starfighters.

---

Adi guided the speeder towards a free space and she was shocked by what she saw. Before the speeder landed, Qui-Gon jumped out of it and ran towards the entrance of the shopping-mall.

?Sir You cannot get inside. All living beings are already brought outside.?

Qui-Gon ran inside towards a pile of debris ignoring the shouts of the firechief. He knew his padawan was alive. No one could stop him.

Using the Force he located Obi-Wan and started to lift the plasteel sheets. He shouted hoarsely ?My padawan is alive down here? and tried to move the durasteel supports.

Chief Sebeler said ?Royd, Bega help that man.?

Two firefighters in full gear ran towards him and held the pieces of durasteel in an upright position. Qui-Gon could finally grab his padawan.

---

Adi parked the speeder and searched for the Force-signature of her padawan. There she was just outside the entrance. Carefully avoiding rescue-workers she ran towards her. Siri was sitting dazed on a stretcher holding a breathmask on her face and a medic was tending to her. Adi knelt beside her and embraced her in a hug.

Siri said with a trembling voice ?M master Adi, you have come to help me. I am not hurt. It?s Obi-Wan he is still inside, he is bur?? and she started to sob uncontrollably.

Adi said ?sh Siri Qui-Gon is with me, he will take care of Obi-Wan. He will find him.?
    She asked ?medic, can I guide my padawan back to the Jeditemple??

Tad Henny said ?yes, she is alright, some small bruises and I know you have very good healers at the temple. My brother works there at the firestation.?

Adi said ?my speeder is parked over there, lets guide her to it.?

Adi and the medic helped Siri stand and walked to the speeder and just as they took off Adi saw Qui-Gon exiting the building carrying Obi-Wan. Adi said ?Siri Qui-Gon has found Obi-Wan. He will be alright.?

The medic that

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Chapter 5

Medics came rushing towards him carrying supplies and a backboard and Qui-Gon carefully put Obi-Wan down on it. "I?m here, Obi-Wan. Hold onto me." The master?s hands and part of his tunic were covered in blood. Obi-Wan?s blood. "It?s okay. Shh?"

He said with a harrowed voice ?he is a Jedi. You have to take him to the Jeditemple. The healers there know how to treat him.?

?Josh, start him on a fast IV. He is losing a lot of blood? Tad Henny said.

?Yes Tad, hurry and get a medevac here on the double? Josh Harrar said

He grabbed an IV set and located a vein in his left hand quickly. After taping the needle he hooked in the IV and took his BP. He said ?BP 100/70 and pulse 90. Breathing shallow and irregular.? He placed a breathmask on Obi-Wan?s face.

Chief Sebeler came running towards them and gave orders for the medevac to land on a place just cleared by another medevac.

?Scissors, gauze number 1, give me two of them. Splint, collar, more gauze.?

The two medics cut away Obi-Wan?s clothes and put emergency-bandages on the wounds.
    Tad thought ?that right arm looks bad? as he was wrapping it in bandages and a splint. Josh placed EKG-leads and a pulse-OX monitor. Tad helped Josh securing Obi-Wan to the backboard and with help from Qui-Gon and the chief they placed him on a gurney.

Qui-Gon stayed close to Obi-Wan and putting his hand on his padawan?s forehead, he whispered ?Obi-Wan hold on, please hold on. The templehealers will take care of you. Don?t worry.? He softly stroked his long braid with his other hand and remembered each attachment of a new bead.

Tad Henny saw this and thinking about his own children he said with a voice that permitted no argument ?chief, this patient ?needs? to go to the Jeditemple, he is a Jedi and it is the nearest medical facility that can take adequate care of him.?

The chief ignored the look on Tad?s and Qui-Gon?s face and said with a grumble ?I don?t recommend it, General hospital is closer. Take him there.?

Josh Harrar and Tad Henny guided the gurney towards the medevac with Qui-Gon never losing contact with his padawan.

Tad said ?you can ride with us and we are going to the Jeditemple.?

A brief relieved smile passed on Qui-Gon?s features. He didn?t have to use his negotiating or Jedi skills because that medic was very determined to get them to the Jeditemple.

The firechief said with a scowl ?Tad, as the senior medic of the team, this patient is your responsibility from now on. And I don?t approve it. Here are his belongings? and he gave Qui-Gon Obi-Wan?s utilitybelt.

Qui-Gon hopped in and seated himself in one of the chairs in the back.

Josh was thinking ?is this right? Not getting our patient to the nearest facility. But that master: he is caring so greatly for his friend. Must be Tad?s brother working there, that?s why he is defying our chief.?

The medics monitored Obi-Wan?s condition constantly and talked to him encouragingly.
    Qui-Gon felt Obi-Wan struggling back to consciousness and said ?hold on Obi-Wan, let them help you?

Josh said ?imminent collapse: get the mask? when his patient looked at him with frightened cerulean blue eyes and let out a soft gasp. The monitors started to beep insistently.

---

Obi-Wan was regaining consciousness and he couldn?t move. He was trapped. Two men were telling him he would be alright, that he had to hold on. He sensed Qui-Gon through the Force encouraging him and his hand stroking his forehead. Bright glaring lights shone in his eyes when he tried to open them. A breathmask was on his face but he still felt like he was drowning.

?Aah? Obi-Wan gasped and panicked because he couldn?t breathe anymore.

?hold on Obi-Wan, let the?? was the last he heard before he lost consciousness again.

tbc-

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Chapter 6

Adi Gallia was guiding the speeder to a stop in the great hangar and walked with Siri towards the elevator.

Siri said ?I am alright and I don?t need the healers for those little scratches.?
    Adi said - knowing her padawan?s dislike for healers - ?only a short stop to get some salve and bandaids and we can return to our apartment.?

Siri huffed ?please no ?cold hands? Enga.?

Adi and Siri entered the healer?s ward and were directed towards the office of healer Shika Diir, a female Shistavanen.

Siri smiled and thought ?she is nice and has taken care of me many times. That recipe she gave me for that Nerfpie, delicious. The looks on Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan?s faces when she had offered a piece from it to them: priceless. Both were vegetarians and only when an animal was old they could enjoy a piece of meat. Obi-Wan will be alright.?

Shika Diir saw the smile and asked ?nice thoughts again Siri??

Siri said ?yes I was thinking about that Nerfpie and Obi-Wan?s disgusted look.?

Shika Diir applied some salve to the cuts and bruises and said ?here is some medicine. It will make you drowsy and after a good night of sleep you will be as good as new.?

After Shika Diir was finished with treating Siri they walked to the reception-area. Adi asked the receptionist ?will you contact us when Obi-Wan arrives??

Siri said with a sleepy voice ?hmph Central Hospital is closer and no doubt those medics will take him there.?

Adi said ?knowing Qui-Gon they will arrive here at the temple. He can be very persuasive when his padawan?s life is lying in the balance.?

A commotion was heard in the corridor leading towards the healer?s ward and Adi said when the medics entered ?I told you.?

---

The medevac landed lights still flashing in the hangar of the Jeditemple that was the closest to the healer?s ward. The ramp of the vehicle was lowered and Qui-Gon jumped out as the medics guided the gurney outside towards the elevator leading to the healer?s ward.
    The medevac took off to go to another emergency.
    They were met by master Enga when they exited the elevator.

---

Master Enga could tell something was up by the way they were in haste with rushing Obi-Wan inside. Qui-Gon had a worried look on his face and had one hand placed on Obi-Wan?s forehead. With the other he held Obi-Wan?s utilitybelt.

?What happened?? Enga demanded as she jogged alongside the gurney, barely managing to hook her stethoscope into her ears and place it on Obi-Wan?s chest.

Josh was using a bag valve mask on him to assist him with his breathing at the moment.
    ?I think his lung collapsed?? Josh said out of breath as they transferred him from the gurney to the healer?s ward exam table. ?He started coming to in the medevac, then he looked up at me sort of scared all of a sudden, he couldn?t breathe on his own, so we bagged him and he passed out again.? the medic finished talking as master Enga finished palpating the chest and ribs.

Master Enga looked at Qui-Gon?s concerned face.
    ?He?ll pull through just fine.? She touched Qui-Gon on the shoulder with reassurance. ?He?s been in worse spots before, and he?ll live to tell all the healers about this one as well and pester me with his remarks about cold hands, needles and tubes again.?

?Yea? I know what you mean? Qui-Gon smiled letting some of the tension go, knowing Enga was right.

Master Aaqu rushed in from his office and he and Enga examined Obi-Wan further. Aaqu gave some orders to a nurse and said when she came back ?O.T. is ready.?
    T
    he two Jedihealers carried the backboard with Obi-Wan through the double doors of the O.T.

---

Master Kaagi Adin was halfway with the treatment of Shh-kir for his sprained limb when his pager went off. It was Aaqu who said ?Kaagi I need you in the O.T. on the double. It?s Obi-Wan and he has a badly injured arm.?

Kaagi looked down at Shh-kir and saw that the old Jedi had fallen asleep. He said to his assistant ?finish that treatment and when he wakes up guide him to his apartment? and he rushed towards the O.T. He met Aaqu who

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Poor Obi, at the healers again, and Qui is so caring. Nice story you're weaving here.

10. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Aaaaah, when I saw the fire station OCs, then I knew something was going to happen. ;) But poor Obi-Wan. He got hurt pushing other people out of the way. Just like him. :)

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Valairy_Scot
    Ardavenport
    [:D]thanks for the nice words

Chapter 7

Qui-Gon seated himself in a comfortable chair in the reception-area. He had no plans to leave the healer?s ward and no one could order him to leave.

Adi and Siri came to him and Adi said ?Qui-Gon he is going to be alright. Enga is in her usual cheery mood and Aaqu wasn?t looking troubled at all.?

Qui-Gon said ?yes I know but it always pains me when I see him injured.?

Siri said with a sleepy voice ?Obi-Wan will be alright master Qui-Gon.?

Adi said ?I will leave you now because Siri needs to rest and when you need something: ask for it.?

Adi guided a very sleepy Siri to their apartment and helped her to her bed.

Siri fell asleep with a last thought ?Obi-Wan is going to be fine.?

---

Qui-Gon was probing the Force-signature of Obi-Wan. It was there and weak but he felt a quiet assurance coming from it; his padawan was going to be alright. Qui-Gon used his bond to encourage him ?shh your body needs to recover. It will take time.?

He felt Obi-Wan going under the anesthesia guided by master Aaqu?s strong Force presence and leaned back in his chair for the long wait.

The two medics took other seats as they were waiting for their backboard and equipment.
    The receptionist gave them some refreshments.

---

Healer Shika Diir was finishing the treatment of a Jedi who had sustained a sprain after an exercise when her pager went off. She was a member of the quick-response medical team in the Jeditemple and she ran through the reception-area.

Qui-Gon barely noticed the healer but the two medics did.

Josh said ? looking at his pager which displayed all codes of the area ? ?rescue-alert in the Jeditemple.?

Tad Henny said ?Dylan is one of the chiefs and he is today serving at the station.? He took out his comlink and followed the conversation between the station and the crew until they were reporting back at the station. He said ?surgery like this will take hours. It will be some time before we get our equipment back. Come let?s visit them?

Tad and Josh got their directions from the receptionist and they took the elevator to the firestation. It was located only a short distance from the healer?s ward.

Dylan greeted them and asked ?what brings you two here at the Jeditemple??

Tad said ?we had a large incident at the senate shopping mall and we had to treat a Jedi. His master insisted that we should bring him to the templehealers and seeing the great love of that master I overruled our chief.?

Dylan said ?let?s look at the report of the incident.? They started to read the report and coming to the last bit Josh said ?oh my, he saved a lot of beings and a man said he owned his life to a Jedi who freed him and pushed him away when the speeder was destroyed.?

Tad said ?our chief thought no one could have survived that blast but the master of that Jedi went inside and saved him.?

Dylan said ?there is more news to tell you Tad. I have been asked by captain Birin of the Lingala firedepartment to become chief of the firehouse of the small town of Ingal.? I have accepted that post. Before I leave I have to train the next chief for the Jeditemple.?

Tad said ?that won?t be me. If I become chief ? and that is very doubtful after this day ? it will be a post in one of the poor parts of Coruscant.?

Dylan said ?don?t worry before this week is over. Tomorrow is your exam and I have no doubt you will succeed and those Jedi can help you.?

---

Qui-Gon fell asleep with his senses to the Force still alert to any signal of his padawan and that?s how healer Shika Diir found him. She fetched a blanket from one of the closets and tucked it around the softly snoring master. She thought ?when one of them is at the healer?s the other is there as well. They have a very strong bond and giving them a two-bed room is the best way for both of them to recover. I will prepare room number 9 for them.?

---

Tad and Josh returned after half an hour from their visit to the firestation and saw the sleeping Jed

12. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Tad said ?my brother told me once Jedi aren?t known for making attachments but I think these two are like a father and son to each other. I am glad we have brought them to their home.?

If its Qui and Obi, they are known for being attached and you illustrate it beautifully. Loved how concerned Qui is.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Valairy_Scot thanks for the review and yes that's the way I see their relation: a father and son

Chapter 8

Qui-Gon opened his eyes. He gave a big yawn and smiled a little when he saw the two medics Tad and Josh still sitting in the reception-area. He said ?I am Qui-Gon Jinn and I thank you for taking care of my padawan and bringing him here to the templehealers. He means a lot to me and thanks to you two he is going to be alright.?

Tad said ?from what I heard from my brother at the Jeditemple-firestation your padawan has saved a lot of beings at the shopping-mall. A man was pushed away by him when the speeder was destroyed and caused the collapse of a small separation wall.?

Josh said ?I have no doubt our district-chief will want to thank him personally for that.?

Tad said ?and your rescue of him convinced me to take him to the care of templehealers.?

Qui-Gon said ?a visit from your district-chief can be arranged and you two are also invited. And templehealers are the best for us because a Jedi in a general hospital with no Jedi around can cause trouble when he is using the Force.?

Tad and Josh contacted their wives and told them they would be home late because of the incident.

After another hour of waiting master Enga entered the reception-area and Qui-Gon asked ?Is Obi-Wan alright??

Enga said ?yes he will be fine. Surgery has been successful. He had a collapsed lung and two broken ribs and we removed some pieces of debris from his chest and abdomen which caused the internal bleeding. His right shoulder is bruised and his right elbow was dislocated and one of the bones just below the elbow is broken. It was an open wound. Master Kaagi has helped us with those injuries and he will help your padawan recover from it.?

Qui-Gon worked on processing that information before he spoke again. When Kaagi was called to do surgery it was generally bad. Several deep breaths later, he managed to direct another question at Enga ?can I see him??

Enga said ?the healers are moving him to the IC-ward and yes you can see him in half an hour. He is still under the anesthesia however.?

Enga said to the two medics ?you were right about that chest-injury and your care has aided in his recovery. Bringing him to the temple was the best for him. A nurse will bring your supplies to the hangar of the temple and I will ask a pilot to take you back to the firestation.?

Qui-Gon said ?take good care and we will contact you. When that chief of yours is creating trouble I will speak to him on your behalf.?

---

Qui-Gon walked after Enga towards the IC-ward.
    Enga was thinking ?that master is exhausted but knowing him he will stay with his padawan until said padawan will wake up and even then I might as well ask Aaqu to put them together in a room. Knowing Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan neither of them wants to leave the healer?s ward at all when one of them is injured. And that?s remarkable because both of them have an intense dislike for it.?

Enga said after seeing Qui-Gon?s dirty and bloodied clothes ?you have to change into sterile clothes before you can enter the ward. Here get changed into that dressingroom.?

Qui-Gon showered and put on the sterile gown and boots and when he emerged Enga said ?here is your mask ?healer Jinn? and I will put on your gloves.?

Enga had changed her clothing as well and together they entered the ward.

Qui-Gon was prepared but still shocked by what he saw.

Bandages were covering most of Obi-Wan?s chest and abdomen and the soft green glow of the monitors enhanced the paleness of his features. He was connected to all sorts of leads and tubes and he was on a respirator which made a soft whooshing sound. His entire right arm was held immobile by a splint with the arm bent at the elbow. The cardiac monitor beeped quietly, and Qui-Gon listened to the slow rhythm.

Qui-Gon settled his large body in the hard plastiform chair next to the bed and put his hand on Obi-Wan?s left arm preparing to begin his long wait until his padawan was awake again.

Master Aaqu said ?Qui-Gon he

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Two works in progress

Obi-Wan and Nephril

Chapter 9

Obi-Wan floated along in a sea of quiet. A soft breeze caressed his cheeks and sent playful fingers tangling through his hair. He smiled. He felt the warmth of the sun on his upturned face, and he blinked against the brightness. All about him was silence.

He was sitting in the garden of a thousand fountains leaning against the broad chest of his master and a beautiful white flower was about to bloom.
    Brilliantly it shone when its white petals opened to the artificial sun in the large garden.

A pure creation of the light.
    Nephril they were called.

He was floating in an azure blue ocean holding the fin of a beautiful animal that took him for a gentle ride.

He was sitting on the soft bare back of a beautiful white husan and holding the abundantly flowing manes. He inhaled the smell of the animal and he liked it. They were cantering over a large meadow. Another white husan was following him and a familiar man said ?let?s ride them home.?

---

Josh Harrar was entering the examroom and found Tad Henny already seated at one console.
    Tad was looking worried and Josh asked ?nervous about yesterday??

Tad said ?reporting to the district-chief has been trouble for my brother too. He was first candidate for the post on the senate district and when he disobeyed a direct order he got one of the least desirable posts: the Jeditemple.?

Josh said ?from what I have seen yesterday it isn?t too bad. Jedi are nice beings and maybe a bit weird but that young man we treated was very helpful.?

Tad said ?Lisa said she agreed with me bringing him to the Jeditemple.?

---

Qui-Gon was waking up at the usual hour and he felt drained. He had dreamt badly about monsters pursuing him and falling into an endless void and his covers were tangled around him.
    He probed his bond with Obi-Wan and smiled. ?My padawan is dreaming and it is pleasant. When I was under the anesthesia it had taken healer Aaqu one time to use all his persuasive skills to wake me. Hmph to wake a Jedi from anesthesia was difficult and often required a Force-probe from a healer or master or when the master was involved his padawan. Time to help Obi-Wan.?

Qui-Gon dressed and made a simple breakfast and went still munching on the last piece of toast to the healer?s ward.

He was met by master Kaagi who said ?Obi-Wan is doing great and had a good night. Aaqu is still with him and has given him medicine to counteract the anesthetic. Come let?s get changed into sterile clothes and go to the IC-ward.?

They entered the IC-ward and Qui-Gon seated himself in the chair next to the bed and took Obi-Wan?s left hand in his large hand careful avoiding the IV.

---

Obi-Wan?s second return to consciousness was more comfortable than the first, this time his head was resting on soft pillows and not strapped to a hard backboard. The dreams he had were quite pleasant but a familiar figure had entered his last dream when he was riding that beautiful white husan and told him to go home with him.

?Am I lying in my own bed??

The room was silent except for the swooshing sound of the breathmask and the quiet, rhythmic beeping of the heart monitor beside his bed. The soft glow of the machine was the only light in the tiny room. He was also not alone, even though he could not make out the features, he could see the outline of the face that was looking down at him. He was feeling numb and he couldn?t move his right arm. ?Oh no it?s the healer?s ward again.?

?Welcome back Obi-Wan,? a familiar voice said, ?You had us all kind of worried for a while there.?

Obi-Wan tried to ask ?what happened?? but no sound came and he gave a worried gaze.

Aaqu read his mind and said ?don?t try to talk. Use your bond with your master. You were on a respirator only minutes ago and your voice needs time to come back. You are feeling numb because you are on pain-medication? and he told him of his injuries.

The creaking of a cha

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    What!?! :eek: Difficult time coming? You've got me worried, now.

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Valairy_Scot posted What!?! shock Difficult time coming? You've got me worried, now.

Yes: a lot of therapy for Obi-Wan is coming

Chapter 10

Siri was waking up and the bright sun was shining in her face. Her intense blue eyes squinted open and she looked at her alarm-clock. Almost noon and she threw away the covers and jumped out of bed thinking ?that Shika Diir and her medicine.? Only a small discomfort reminded her of her bruises and when she checked the bandaids she found the scratches already healing.

Today was her master?s birthday but her friend Obi-Wan was in the healer?s ward and Siri didn?t feel in a celebrating mood at all.

Siri met Adi in the commonroom and said with tears in her eyes ?happy birthday Adi?

Adi asked ?what?s the matter Siri??

Siri said with a sobbing voice ?It?s Obi-Wan. He is at the healers because he wanted to buy groceries for the celebration of this evening and I accompanied him to buy a present for you. And now that present is lost? and she started to cry.

Adi hugged her and said ?that present is not important. Obi-Wan and you safe back at the temple is far more precious to me. Before you woke up I have contacted the healer?s ward.
    Obi-Wan is doing fine and they are moving him to another room where he can stay with his master. And for celebrating my birthday: we will do it again when Obi-Wan is able to leave the healer?s. We don?t cancel the meeting tonight and with Benno we can make plans for it. It will be a surprise-party for him.?

Siri gave a relieved smile and asked ?can we visit Obi-Wan today??

Adi replied ?sure, after a nice lunch at the temple-restaurant and I have ordered something special.?

Only when Adi said ?lunch? Siri was reminded by her rumbling stomach that she was very hungry. She said ?I could eat at least three Nerfburgers after skipping dinner and breakfast.?

Adi said ?come, let?s go? and both walked to the restaurant.

---

Tad Henny was standing outside the office of the district-chief fidgeting nervously. He had arrived before the appointed time and looking at his chrono it was 2.05. An aide opened the door and a gruff voice said ?enter.?

Tad Henny saluted Mr Eastman, the district-chief and was ordered to remain standing.

Mr. Eastman said ?Mr. Henny I have seen your report and although that Jedi survived I agree with chief Sebeler. You are degraded to junior-medic. Dismissed.?

That was the shortest speech he had ever had and Tad left the office with a hopeless look on his face and a bowed head. Junior-medic at the station of chief Sebeler was bad. He looked up when he heard ?that went wrong I presume.?

It was Josh Harrar and Tad said ?I am degraded to junior-medic.? He asked ?you have to report to the district-chief as well??

Josh said ?yep and you should contact those Jedi about that degradation. Maybe they can help.?

Tad said ?I will do it and good luck Josh with ?mister grumpy the second? inside.?

Josh entered the office and the district-chief said ?Josh Harrar, congratulations with the results of your exam. You are to report tomorrow to the Jeditemple-firestation as chief of shift 2. Dismissed.?

Josh found Tad still waiting and said with a grumpy voice ?Sebeler really doesn?t like our actions. I am promoted to chief and guess which station??

Tad finished ?the Jeditemple.?

Josh said ?yep. Have you contacted that Jedi??

Tad said ?yes and he will come as soon as possible.?

They talked some more about their new assignments and Tad told Josh about his brother?s adventures at the Jeditemple.

Josh said ?I think I am gonna like that post.?
    When he said that a familiar presence dressed in immaculately clean clothes entered the office.

They told him their story and a very determined Jedi-master Qui-Gon entered the office of the district-chief without knocking or announcing himself.

Ten minutes later the door opened again and the Jedimaster asked them to enter the office.

Mr. Eastman said ?Mr. Henny I promote you to chief of shift 3 of the Jeditemple-firestation. Your b

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Chapter 12

The Jeditemple inhabitants were waking up and Shh-kir uncurled himself from his sleeping mat. He went to his kitchen and ate his single meal for the day: 3 kilo?s of raw Banthameat.

His limb was feeling strong again and he stretched his claws. Shh-kir shuffled towards the archives and greeted Jocasta Nu.

Jocasta Nu said ?those artifacts you are so interested in are in artroom 6 and I have placed a sleeping mat for you in that room.? She knew of his great need for sleep and that way he didn?t have to walk back to his apartment for it. She cared greatly for the old Jedi.

Shh-kir said with his gravely voice ?thank you master Nu and if you require assistance you can call me.?

He walked towards the display-case with the ancient book. ?Hmm yes compassion is the key. The Jedi should study this.?

---

Tad Henny was waking up and remembered yesterday. He had come home after that visit to the district-chief and after showing his new orders to Lisa she had congratulated him ending with ?that?s nice only a 5 minute drive from our home.?
    Tad thought ?it isn?t too bad after all this new assignment. My brother will guide me and Josh will be chief of shift 2.?

After breakfast he drove to the Jeditemple and was introduced by his brother to his men. A message said that the district-chief would be coming that afternoon to decorate the two Jedi.
    Tad contacted Josh and he would come as well.

---

Qui-Gon awoke after a good night sleep and meditated. A jingling sound alerted him and he opened his eyes again.

Master Enga was walking in carrying a tray of supplies and Master Aaqu followed her with a tray of food.

Master Aaqu said ?good morning Qui-Gon, here is your breakfast. We have to change Obi-Wan?s bandages and as he is still asleep that will be easy for him.?

?And for us? Enga added with a smile ?No comments about cold hands or sticky things from our fussy Jedi.?

Aaqu and Enga helped Obi-Wan. When Enga was taping the last bandage Obi-Wan stirred awake and seeing Enga?s hands hovering above his abdomen he said ?brr, you again. When will you remove those sticky thingy?s? Hey what?s this beneath my nose? Another ?hissing? tube. When will I be in control of what goes in and out??

Qui-Gon said ?padawan they are helping you.?

Obi-Wan said ?yeah I know but you say the same things when you are a patient. And Enga likes it when I am complaining about everything.?

Enga said ?yep, it was too quiet with you asleep and when you are fussy about everything it means you are on the road to recovery.?

Aaqu said ?like master like padawan. Those thingy?s will stay some more time because your vitals need to be monitored. Your right lung is still weak but a full breathmask is not needed anymore. Those wounds in your abdomen are healing and you can try to sit up.? He placed the bed in a reclining position so that Obi-Wan could sit up without straining his abdominal muscles and a lot of pillows were added to support his arms.

Obi-Wan said ?I am feeling comfortable this way but I am still feeling numb.?

Aaqu said ?that?s because you are still on heavy pain-medication but that will change in a day. You are getting stronger and you can rely on the Force again and I don?t want you to become dependent on those painkillers. You are already having an allergic reaction to some of them and you should be able to use this medicine in the future.?

Obi-Wan said ?that?s bad.?

Qui-Gon said ?I will help you with meditation and through our bond.?

Aaqu said ?I can also guide you in a trance.?

?Or tell you stories about the initiate days of your master that will make you forget the pain, healer Obi-Wan.? Kaagi said as he entered the room.

Obi-Wan was smiling and thought ?everyone is trying to make me comfortable, is helping me and Kaagi is always so funny?. He said ?Healer Obi-Wan, yep that?s was me when I was seven years old and Kaagi was injured and I helped him recover.?

Aaqu said ?that was when we both had those dreams and I found you in the garden of a thousand fountains.?

Obi-W

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Chapter 13

Obi-Wan was waking up from his afternoon-sleep and he saw his master sitting beside his bed typing on his datapad. His master was finally catching up with those unfinished and half finished reports.

Qui-Gon said ?good to see you awake Obi-Wan. We have some visitors in a few moments.?

A heavy thudding sound was heard outside in the corridor leading to room number 9 and Obi-Wan got a wondering look on his face. Master Enga entered but no she wasn?t walking like a Bantha because she had soft medical boots. The four men entering behind her were responsible for this or more specific three of them. They were clad in firemen?s clothes and boots and one of them was holding a large bag.

The fourth man was wearing a uniform decorated with bars and two stars on each bar.
    He said ?I am Mr. Eastman, district-chief of the Coruscant firedepartment and I have come to give you a reward.?

Obi-Wan got a questioning look in his eyes and Mr. Eastman continued ?First you diverted a speeder from colliding with beings. Second it didn?t crash into the weapons-shop. And third by pushing away the man you had freed after he became trapped you have become quite a hero young man. A rule in the firedepartment is that any being that saves the life of others is to be rewarded.? He produced a small box out of the large bag and opening it he said ?this red bead is a reward for your great courage.?

Qui-Gon smiled and said ?come, I will put it in your braid.?

After he was done Qui-Gon took a mirror Enga had produced seemingly out of nowhere and Obi-Wan admired the small red bead at the end of his braid with liquid eyes.
    He said with a soft voice ?this is beautiful.?

Mr. Eastman smiled and said ?this medal and scroll are also a part of it? and he continued ?next I will reward master Jinn for the saving of Obi-Wan Kenobi? and he presented him with an identical red bead, medal and scroll.

Obi-Wan said ?you can wear that in your hair too master.?

Qui-Gon loosened the leather thong from his hair and fastened the bead to it and refastened his hair again.

The four firemen came to attention and saluted the two Jedi.

Tad presented a holocube and said ?I have made a recording of the ceremony.?
    He said ?I am Tad Henny and I have cared for you and took you to the Jeditemple and this is Josh Harrar who was the second medic.?

Mr. Eastman said ?Tad defied his chief by bringing you to the Jeditemple and your master convinced me that the Jeditemple is the best for injured Jedi. And we have made it a rule for the entire department for incidents in the future.?

Obi-Wan was smiling and thought ?yep my master can be very convincing.?

Josh said ?we have become chiefs of the Jeditemple-firestation.?

The third fireman said ?I am Dylan Henny and I will guide them the next weeks before moving to Lingala and my next assignment.?

Obi-Wan said ?I would like to visit the firestation when I am able to leave this bed.?

Dylan said ?you and your master are invited to come.?

Tad said ?the police has found something that belongs to your friend? and he produced a package out of the bag and put it on the covers.

Obi-Wan said with a tear in his eyes ?that?s the gift Siri bought for Adi. Master will you call them??

Qui-Gon contacted Adi and said ?the medics from the firedepartment are here and they want to see Siri.?

Adi said ?we will come immediately.?

A short time later Adi and Siri entered room number 9 and greeted the Jedi and firefighters.

Adi thanked the medics for their great care.

Obi-Wan said pointing at the package on his covers ?Siri the police has found it.?

Siri?s eyes shone with joy when she said ?master Adi I want to give you this? and she gave the package to her master.

Adi unwrapped it and seeing the beautiful glass bird with the blue colour of Siri?s eyes she said ?Siri I appreciate this very much? and she hugged Siri.

tbc-

19. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Aw...happy chapter. Very enjoyable story...now I know where the two red beads come in.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Valari-Scot Thanks for reading [:D]

Chapter 14
    The next day Enga entered with two breakfast trays.
    As Qui-Gon was having his she said ?Obi-Wan time to try to get some liquid food again or are you going to like those tubes??

Obi-Wan muttered something that sounded as ?y now I dislike them yuck? and Enga helped him drink.

Enga said ?try to keep it inside. It?s only a small amount of water.

Obi-Wan said when his stomach started to churn ?Oh no? and he vomited on the covers.

Enga said ?and who has to clean the covers again? Healer Enga.?

When Obi-Wan gave her a look ?I cannot help it that my stomach rebels? she smiled and said ?it?s alright. I will help you? She gave him some medicine and although it did taste awful she helped him with a Force suggestion and he swallowed it without really tasting it.

Siri chose that moment to visit him before her classes and seeing Enga changing the covers she asked with a teasing voice ?who will do the laundry??

Obi-Wan smiled and said ?you and everything will be painted green.?

Siri huffed ?yep, just like that time when you did the laundry of your master and forgot to take out that green towel.?

Obi-Wan said ?it was only one white shirt and some underwear and socks.?

Qui-Gon said after finishing his last piece of fruit ?and because it was new I used that shirt afterwards for meditating in our little garden on the balcony. Yoda remarked about it when he visited us ?good for camouflage this colour is? imitating Yoda?s voice.?

Obi-Wan remembered that visit and snickered ?Master Qui-Gon not here, padawan meditating alone help him I will.?

Qui-Gon said ?no more Yoda-talk padawan. You never know when the old master shows up and his gimerstick can be quite painful.?

Enga had changed the covers and helped him drink a little bit of water. Although his stomach churned again it was not as bad as the first time and it stayed in.

Enga gave him an encouraging smile. More water followed and Nerfmilk-pudding with chocolate tasted delicious.

Siri said ?I will bring you Banthastew? and smiled when Obi-Wan gave her a disgusting look. Before he could reply she left the room.

?Yucky meatlover? Obi-Wan whispered and smiling at Enga he said ?I loved that desert.?
    Enga said ?I knew you would like my Nerfmilk-pudding. I am a great lover of anything with chocolate in it.?

---

For the next two days Obi-Wan recovered and seven days after his injury he was having a normal breakfast which gave him no more nauseous feelings in his stomach like the days before.
    Qui-Gon and the healers helped him when the pain became too bad and Kaagi gave him therapy two times a day. His right shoulder was stiff and his arm was still in that splint. Qui-Gon helped him with eating because he was righthanded and with his left hand it was a bit awkward not to mention that attached IV.

?That?s it! I am feeling like a puppet on a string? Obi-Wan thought.

And he was getting bored. His master had enough work and was catching up on unfinished reports but he could only read his lessons and not attend them.

He was missing his own bed and belongings and the quiet meditations with his master in the small garden on the balcony of their apartment. He was even missing those potted plants of his master which were so carefully gardened by him.
    Only the visiting hours were fun as many of his friends came and told them of their missions and Siri came every day. And yesterday Adi had brought him the famous vegetable salad of Serinka?s friend and the recipe and it was the first diner that agreed with his stomach. Delicious and when he was able to cook again he would make more of it.

---

Master Aaqu read the reports on Obi-Wan and thought ?time to get them to their apartment. His master can take care of him and it will aid in his recovery.? He took a tray of medical supplies and the controls of a hoverchair and walked towards room number 9. He put the chair just outside the door.

Aaqu came in and said ?time to remove those ?thingy?s? and get you out of that bed a

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Chapter 15

Obi-Wan was recovering fast now that he was with his master in their apartment again and on the end of day after he had left the healer?s ward he could walk almost unaided. The abdominal muscles didn?t protest that much anymore. Kaagi had begun therapy for his shoulder and it was still very painful. He wasn?t allowed to strain himself too much and outside the apartment he used the hoverchair. He couldn?t make diner and they would visit the temple-restaurant for it.

Just as they were preparing to leave the apartment Qui-Gon?s comlink beeped.
    ?Qui-Gon, yes we will come immediately.?

Qui-Gon smiled and said ?come Obi-Wan I will guide you? and he took the controls.

?The restaurant is that way Master. Let me control this chair. No, we aren?t going to Yoda, you know I dislike his stew? Obi-Wan said as they were entering the residential wing were Yoda lived.

?Hey, there is another restaurant! No. That way master.?

Qui-Gon smiled and remained silent during the long walk.

Obi-Wan muttered ?that lizard Shh-kir only likes raw meat and he sleeps most of the time.?

More silence.

?Master! Are you lost? Only my stomach is talking. I need food. Hey! There is the hangar let?s take a speeder to Didi and Astri Oddo.?

More elevators, twists and turns followed and Obi-Wan finally saw were they were headed. He said ?master why did we take the long way to get to Siri and Adi??

Qui-Gon said ?patience Obi-Wan? and entered the apartment guiding Obi-Wan in and a chorus sounded ?surprise Obi-Wan surprise.?

Adi, Siri, Enga, Aaqu, Kaagi, Benno, Mace and Yoda welcomed him.

Obi-Wan had tears in his eyes and he said ?thank you for this fantastic surprise.?

Diner followed and everyone had a nice evening.

Obi-Wan?s eyes drifted shut and Qui-Gon guided the hoverchair the short distance to their apartment. Two sleepy eyes opened after Qui-Gon had helped Obi-Wan to his bed and was covering him with a crisp clean sheet.

Obi-Wan said ?goodnight master? and fell in a dreamless sleep.

Qui-Gon said ?Sleep well, young one.?

---

The next morning Qui-Gon said after breakfast ?we can start with our meditating again?

Obi-Wan said ?sitting on that mat will be difficult for me.?

Qui-Gon said ?I have a solution for that? and he guided Obi-Wan towards the small balcony with the potted plants. The meditating-mat was there but standing on it was a small bench with a comfortable pillow on it. Together they sat down on the bench and meditated.

?Feel the Force, we are one, we are beings of light.? both said through their bond.

When they ended the meditation Obi-Wan rested his head against the broad chest of his master and smiled.

Obi-Wan said ?that was great. Look master that plant has a flower.?

Qui-Gon looked and was astonished. The old Nephril-plant which had been without flowers for 15 years was sporting flowers again. One of them was about to blossom. He said ?let?s watch it opening. It will be in full bloom shortly and after a day it closes.?

Together they watched the small flower opening its pure white petals and a fragrant sweet smell spread in the garden from it. It shone brilliantly in the sun.

tbc-

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Chapter 16

?That?s enough for this morning Obi-Wan? Kaagi said as he wiped his greasy hands clean on his tunics ?Your shoulder is improving. 10 days more and you can begin to move your elbow and hand again. The bones are knitting together already.? and he showed him the X-ray he had taken before therapy.

Obi-Wan said ?wow! I have never known it was that bad.?

Kaagi said ?getting it supple will be difficult but you know we can do it.?

Obi-Wan gave a shy smile and said ?yes, with your and my master?s help, I have no doubt about it.?

Kaagi helped him dress in his soft white shirt and said ?you don?t need that hoverchair anymore and walking will be good for you to get your stamina back.?

Obi-Wan said ?great no more hovering around like Yoda. Now I can show my master my hidingplace.?

---

Obi-Wan said when he returned to the apartment ?master do you like to see that spot in the garden of a thousand fountains. We can do our meditation there.?

Qui-Gon said ?show me the way Obi-Wan? and master and padawan walked towards the huge garden.

A large old tree with big roots was standing in a meadow near the large pond. A cascading waterfall created ripples in the water and the trees surrounding the pond were blooming with fragrant flowers.

Obi-Wan pointed towards a spot beneath the roots and said ?that was my hidingplace when I was a little seven year old initiate. I used it when Bruck Chun or his mates taunted me or when I wished to meditate alone. When I was 10 years old I had grown too big for it and I found another place.?

Qui-Gon said ?you have shown me that place but this is a lovely spot for meditating. Look there are Nephril-bushes too, just like the one on our balcony.?

Obi-Wan said ?and they are about to bloom. Look master one flower is opening.?

Qui-Gon sat down on the grass and like that morning on their balcony he helped Obi-Wan to sit in front of him and he held his arm protectively around him. He thought ?I am a father and he is like a son to me.?

Obi-Wan thought ?he is like a father to me.?

Together they watched the beautiful white flower and meditated on it. Become one with the Force, become a being of light.

Oilpainting by me Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in the garden of a thousand fountains

- x - x -

It was four days after his release from the healer?s ward when Obi-Wan encountered the firefighters again.

He was walking towards one of the restaurants with Qui-Gon for lunch when a blaring siren assaulted his ears. A hovercart entered the corridor and Qui-Gon guided them to the side. The cart stopped in front of the restaurant and four black-clad firefighters exited it. He recognised two of them, the Henny brothers Tad and Dylan. They entered the restaurant and came back a short time later.

Dylan said ?Serinka and his pancakes. This is the umpteenth time I am telling him to avoid throwing them into the air. They always end up in the ventilation shaft clogging it and creating a fire.?

Obi-Wan was snickering and said ?Hi Dylan, hi Tad, I know that cook and he has tried to teach me how to make them. His other recipes are delicious and he is a great cook.?

Qui-Gon said ?he should have paid attention to making pancakes when he was getting lessons from Yoda.?

Obi-Wan said ?Yoda? I didn?t know he gave cooking lessons.?

Qui-Gon said ?when I was an initiate he did and that?s why it?s one of the few things I have mastered preparing for breakfast.?

Dylan said ?this restaurant is a mess and needs a clean up and all guests are redirected to the other restaurants. You two can join us at the firestation for lunch.?

Obi-Wan said ?that?s great.?

The four firefighters boarded the hovercart again and took off to the firestation with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon following them. It was only a short walk and when they entered the firestation they were welcomed by the crew. Josh Harrar was also present and he had made chocolate muffins with Nerfcream.

During lunch Dylan told them of his next assignme

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Chapter 17

Obi-Wan saw the same firefighters a week later. The same cook had done it again and this time Yoda had come to the restaurant and gave the cook a lesson. Yoda said ?use the utensil like this, pancake will stay in pan. Create fire it does when used that way.?

Obi-Wan was smiling and thought ?Serinka the cook was already an disaster when Qui-Gon was an initiate and being a longlived Serindinian he will make those pancakes for many years to come. Yoda can teach him but he will never get the hang on it.?

It was Dylan?s last day at the temple and he said ?goodbye Obi-Wan and maybe I will see you again.?

Obi-Wan said ?take good care and goodbye as well.? and he walked towards Tad and Josh.

Dylan saw this and said ?master Qui-Gon, do you have a moment.?

---

Rohi Kann was the senior master of sports and gymnastics in the Jeditemple and although he was 71 years old he was athletic and good looking. He had short spiky white hair and intense hazel eyes that could look quite commanding. He was standing before the council with Benno Perion one of the other sports-trainers.

Benno said ?we have a training-trip planned for the padawans of the healers? and he told them more of their plans.

---

It was 21 days after his accident and Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were entering Kaagi?s treatmentroom. His master had insisted that he wanted to be there when he got his first therapy for the arm and Obi-Wan thought ?he will help me with the pain if I cannot manage it on my own.?

Kaagi removed the brace and said ?it looks good and we can begin therapy.?

Kaagi began massaging the arm and Obi-Wan relaxed and using the Force he could let go of the pain. He was even getting drowsy and closed his eyes, thinking ?must be Kaagi and his Force-suggestion. And my master is helping too. Two masters against one padawan: great!?

Kaagi finished the therapy and gently guided Obi-Wan out of his sleep after he had put the elbow in a supporting elastic bandage and replaced the sling.

Qui-Gon asked ?Kaagi do you know the planet of Lingala??

Kaagi answered ?yes, I have been there many times on trainingtrips with Rohi Kann and Benno Perion.?

Obi-Wan said ?Dylan Henny is staying on Lingala.?

Qui-Gon said ?I have a surprise for you Obi-Wan. Dylan and Tad Henny have invited us to come to Lingala and we are leaving tom??

Kaagi interrupted ?Obi-Wan isn?t cleared for leaving the temple yet and needs his therapy.?

Qui-Gon continued ?tomorrow and you Kaagi are also invited. We can travel with Rohi Kann and Benno Perion and the padawans of the healers who are on a training-trip. Adi and Siri are also part of the group because Mace ordered them to take some rest after many months of missions. We will stay at the large farmhouse of Don and Tara Henny and their son Sam near the harbour town of Ingal.?

Kaagi said ?sounds good and therapy will be easier.?

Obi-Wan asked ?why??

Kaagi answered ?swimming in warm oceanwater is good for that arm and there are the Lingalans I would like you to meet.?

Obi-Wan asked ?what are Lingalans??

Qui-Gon said ?you will like them. They are big mammals looking like a fish and are very kind to humans and very playful.?

tbc-

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi's getting better! Yeah, and Qui is so considerate.

I'm enjoying this story very much.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Valairy_Scot thanks for reading[:D]

A few more chapters to go with some mush, adventure and humour.

Chapter 18

A red and white Jeditransport was on approach to one of the large meadows surrounding the farm of Don and Tara Henny.
    Obi-Wan was looking out of one of the viewports and he liked what he saw.

Green rolling hills surrounded a big red tiled white house situated on the banks of a river. Smaller buildings and shacks dotted the landscape and another farmhouse was seen a short distance away from the one they were approaching. A ridingcorral could be seen and animals were grazing in the meadows. Large snowcapped mountains could be seen in the distance and further down the river ended in an azure blue ocean.

?Master, this is beautiful!? Obi-Wan exclaimed ?Look there are husans and I like to ride one.?

Qui-Gon said ?for riding a husan you should be able to use your elbow again. I promise when you can do this we will go for a ride.?

Obi-Wan said ?that?s great master.?

Siri said ?husans smell and have a prickly snout.?

?Says the carnivorous lady in the group. She only dislikes worms in her fruit.? Obi-Wan said.

Siri said ?hmph herbivorous Nerfherder Obi, give him green peas and he feeds them to the cat.?

Qui-Gon was muttering ?when will they grow up?? and thought ?all beings should be like them: always playful.?

Obi-Wan said ?but the cat liked them and ??

Rohi Kann interrupted the banter and said ?Obi-Wan the last part of the training is a hikingtrip in the mountains and I plan to do that when you are recovered.?

Siri said ?hmph hiking and campfires no doubt and Benno creating one of his famous stews.?

Obi-Wan said ?I know you don?t like those veggies. Go catch some wriggling worms!?

More banter between them followed until the transport touched down and the ramp was lowered.

---

Don Henny was a large imposing man with grey hair and dark brown eyes in a friendly face. He was dressed in a coverall and said ?welcome Jedi to my farm and have a pleasant stay. The tents can be placed on that meadow? and he indicated a large green field surrounded by old trees. ?For you Obi-Wan and your master and for master Kaagi I have some rooms readied in the farmhouse. Come I will show you them.?

The three Jedi followed him and were met by a friendly grey haired woman who said ?I am Tara Henny and I will make your stay pleasant.?

Tara and Don guided them to their rooms on the second floor and each room had a large bed covered by crisp white sheets and fluffy covers. Through the window you could see the river and the mountains and the terrace with comfortable chairs and a table.

Tara said ?I will leave you to get settled and diner is at 6 in the evening.?

---

Siri was finished with her tent and walked towards one of the large corrals where Mirsa Walani was enjoying the sight of eating Nerfs. ?Yuck, those Nerfs smell bad? she said when one of them grabbed a large chunk of hay and started to eat it.

Mirsa a Zabrak and padawan of Shika Diir said ?Nerfs are beautiful and I like them.?

Ern-Iburke with birdlike features and covered with feathers was the 12 year old padawan of Enga Mariss. She said ?Siri only likes them as burgers or steaks.?

Sam Henny was approaching and he carried two buckets. He said ?time to milk the Nerfs. Anyone like to learn it??

Mirsa and Ern-Iburke said ?yes? and Siri with a disgusting look on her face said ?no sir, I am going to help my master with the cooking.?

---

?Hmm, this was delicious? Obi-Wan said as he laid down his fork after finishing the last of the vegetable-stew.

Tara said ?it?s an old recipe of my grandmother and easy to cook. I can teach you how to make it.?
    Obi-Wan said ?I would like that.?

After eating yoghurt with honey and nuts as a desert Obi-Wan was getting drowsy and Qui-Gon walked with him to his room. He helped him getting in his nightshirt and Obi-Wan fell asleep as soon as his head hit the soft pillow. Qui-Gon tucked him in and said ?sleep well young one.?

tbc-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.