main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Promises to keep (A late TPM AU, involving the OCs) New Post 7/24/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GunraysLawyer, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Well, I'm back...

Back in the Saga forum where I began posting stories of Ivo Arzhan and the "Ivoverse" nearly four years ago with "To Absent Friends." Now, as we're five completed works and one in progress, the "Ivoverse" needs a little explanation...

Author?s Note:

The work that follows is a short story set in the background of my previous works: the completed ?To Absent Friends" (a ANH AU), ?Soul of Love and Bravery? (an AOTC AU) ?Event of the Season,? ?Succession,? (both between AOTC and ROTS) and the ongoing, ?The Great Game.? Collectively, these works are known as ?The Chronicles of Ivo Arzhan.? All of the stories are set in the same ?Ivoverse? variant of the GFFA, and follow a group of original characters introduced over the course of the mentioned stories.

Of course, all the characters are some 10 years younger here than in ?Soul of Love and Bravery,? and 30-odd years younger than in ?To Absent Friends? or ?The Great Game.?

Enough of this fluff, the questions that a reader new to this variant of the GFFA is asking probably can be distilled down to ?What do I need to know in order to make sense of this story??

First, one needs to know of the Kalinadian Commonwealth, or, more formally, the Commonwealth of Kalinda and its Domains and Possessions amongst the Stars. The Commonwealth is a multisystem state located in the Mid-Rim generally coreward and spinward of Naboo. As of the time period of TPM/AOTC, it has 51 member worlds and colonies, possessions, or protectorates on another two dozen worlds. It is an Associated state to the Republic, and as such sends an Ambassador rather than a Senator to Coruscant.

The Commonwealth is a hereditary constitutional monarchy in which the monarch and nobility serve as the primary executive branch. The system grew out of the de facto military dictatorship that ended the Civil War following the dissolution of the Kalinadian Interstellar Council. The Arzhan family, once merely minor military princes from the mountains of the province of Zhania, have ruled the Commonwealth since Kisavalivo the First seized control and declared himself Lord Protector some 2,000 years prior to this work.

Second, the Commonwealth has its own Force tradition. This tradition is theistic and based on a conception of creation explained more deeply in my previous works. For this work, suffice it to say that ?God touched? equals ?Force user.? Further, understand that the Kalinadians view these powers as morally neutral (i.e. there is no dark or light side to them). As a rule, the Kalinadians do not turn their children over to the Jedi and the highly militaristic, family-oriented and ritualistic culture of the Kalinadians views the Jedi and their philosophies with some more than mild disdain. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the quality of being ?God touched? runs in families, including the Arzhan.

Finally, we come to the current Protector, Ge-Harza Arzhan. Ge-Harza is a man with a foot in two worlds. For he was once a Jedi Knight. He was sent to the Jedi because his mother died three days after his birth, in the same bed in which he was born, of complications of a controlled hemorrhage. His father, the God touched Duke, later Protector, Brenkal sent his son away in his hopeless, near suicidal despair after his wife?s death. Needless to say, he has an interesting view of things, one he passed to his son, Kisavalivo aka Ivo the bold, the lead character in most of the other works in the series.

I think that that is enough to ease confusion, but don?t be afraid to PM or post questions. Also, please feel free to indicate if you have a desire to be on the PM list.

Enjoy!

GL ;)

As always, I don't own nor do I claim to own any intellectual property of LucasFilms, Ltd. or any one else. No interference with any applicavle copyrights or the like is intended.
    Oh, and I note that many frequent posters on my older works (2003-2006) have gone virtually or nearly silent on the boards. If you're still here, I'd love to hear what you think of this. The prolog

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm a big fan of your work. Please put me on the PM list! :D

3. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    VaderLVR64--- In this case, your wish is my command.

Now, a new post:

Promises to Keep?

Chapter 1: The Confused and Uneasy

Near Naboo Space, 1500 hrs, 32 hours before the funeral of Qui-Gon Jinn

The Commonwealth Starship Lady Talsia silently emerged from hyperspace. It held only one true passenger; the others not of the vessel?s standard crew were there to serve or protect that passenger. That passenger experienced the transition to normal space from a cross-legged position on the precious East Fenlanian carpets in the Protector?s day cabin.

The one true passenger was a dark-haired man in his late thirties. His gray eyes stared fixedly at the portrait of an elegant raven-haired, dark eyed and delicately beautiful woman that dominated the port wall of the cabin.

He sighed.

Insight did not come to Ge-Harza Arzhan, Protector of Kalinda. His meditations on the subjects of his friend?s death, their mutual mentor?s reaction to it, and the rumors of the presence of a Sith in the affair had been fruitless. Ge-Harza had been left tired and confused by the experience.

Even more confusing was the boy. Ge-Harza had been flabbergasted when Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master, fellow pupil of Master Dooku, and disciple of the Living Force had told him that this slave boy was the Chosen One. He knew that he had been unable to disguise the look of shock on his face, even if he could shield most of it from reverberating through the Force. Qui-Gon had good-naturedly chuckled at him from across the dining table.

?I see that living amongst the Kalinadians has broken down even your stone face, or has it just been the twelve years and two children with Lianna??

Ge-Harza vaguely remembered making a demurring reply about his wife?s passionate nature, and his slight anger at Qui-Gon?s changing of the subject to Ge-Harza?s wife and children. All in all, hardly a reaction that I should be proud of?it?s almost as if I never was a Jedi.

It had taken all his verbal skills to move Qui-Gon back to the subject of the boy, Anakin Skywalker. Qui-Gon truly believed him to be the prophesied Chosen One. This surprised Ge-Harza, but he had simply come to accept that this was one more instance of Qui-Gon following his instincts. Yet, more than a week later, the rest of the conversation troubled Ge-Harza still.

Qui-Gon had spoken of the boy?s power, of his midichlorian count, of his innate compassion, and of his life as a slave. Qui-Gon had even openly told Ge-Harza that the Council did not wish to train the boy, and of his plans to train the boy without their permission, if necessary. What ate at Ge-Harza was something Qui-Gon hadn?t really talked about: what the boy wanted out of becoming a Jedi. Ge-Harza doubted that it was to be a Jedi Messiah. Qui-Gon?s avoidance of the question troubled Ge-Harza deeply.

But, he still convinced me to promise?to promise to raise a slave boy from the Rim in my house and to train him, if anything happened to Qui-Gon, and the council refused to take the boy on. Lianna did take it better than I suspected that she would. Still, I wish that the Naboo had accepted my offer of military aid; Qui-Gon might be alive now, if they had, and Lianna would have accompanied me to a victory celebration. But no matter, I must find out exactly what is going on, and I must see Qui-Gon into the next world.

The buzz of the comm unit on the desk at the other end of the sitting room interrupted his thoughts. The buzz was followed peremptorily by a voice. It spoke in as clipped a tone as Kalinadian?s lilting rhythm allowed.

?My Lord, we have been cleared to land. The consulate signals that your request to be received at the Palace has been granted. We should arrive planet-side in seven minutes.?

?Thank you, Captain.? Ge-Harza replied calmly. It was a tone that he knew that the military enjoyed hearing. It projected full command of the situation.

It also effectively hid his confusion.

4. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    A new story in the Ivoverse! This is very exciting!

One of my favorite things about these stories is that they take place not so much in a completely alternate, or parallel universe, but right in the middle of the GFFA we know and love with just a few :p additions: a new culture (a wonderfully wrought, highly comlex one), a new power in the Galaxy for Palpatine to contend with (speaking of which - he refused the Kalindian's offer of aid during the Trade Federation Blockade of Naboo? You bet he would have - the Kalinadians would have put and end to that little nonsense very quickly!), new challenges for our beloved canon characters, and the addition of some new ones who are wonderfully interesting and utterly believable.

I love the way you did the prologue as a classic SW intro. I'm sitting back in my seat, popcorn in hand, waiting for the drama to unfold...

Oh, by the way, I'm thrilled at the time period you've chosen to go back to. So much was decided at this point in the Saga - so many possibilities, there were...

EDIT: Oh, man, you posted while I was still replying to the prologue! I'll be back.

5. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Wo Hoo! This sounds great! I always wanted to know how Anakin and Ivo became so tightly bound.
    I had the same question for you Geo proposed. Why would Padme refuse Kalindian help?
    Either way put me on board the PM train. I cant wait!

6. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I love how you're laying the groundwork here. :)

Even more confusing was the boy. Ge-Harza had been flabbergasted when Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master, fellow pupil of Master Dooku, and disciple of the Living Force had told him that this slave boy was the Chosen One. He knew that he had been unable to disguise the look of shock on his face, even if he could shield most of it from reverberating through the Force. Qui-Gon had good-naturedly chuckled at him from across the dining table.

?I see that living amongst the Kalinadians has broken down even your stone face, or has it just been the twelve years and two children with Lianna??

Ge-Harza vaguely remembered making a demurring reply about his wife?s passionate nature, and his slight anger at Qui-Gon?s changing of the subject to Ge-Harza?s wife and children. All in all, hardly a reaction that I should be proud of?it?s almost as if I never was a Jedi.

Very real, complex OCs. I love it. =D=

7. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    A quick word to tell you that I love this new installment of the Chronicles of Ivo Arzhan. Please keep PMing me for this one, as well at for TGG.

Cheers,

Laure ;)

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great job on the setup, GL. The way you weave the canon with your 'verse is quite wonderful. I love how you are playing Ge-Harza and his concerns plus how he was relating to Qui-Gon and now Anakin. I look forward to seeing what you are going to do with them all.

Keep me on your PM list.

9. Sophronia

Sophronia Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2004
    ?he didn?t have to face being asked to help send a boy hero back into slavery?

So were the Jedi pushing her to send him back, or did some other element not want him out and about?

It is a good beginning and it will be interesting to see how the groundwork is laid for your later stories.

10. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    Just wanted to note that my next post here should be going to my beta tonight...

So, Lurkers get commenting!!!!!

11. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    Ok, so, the next post went to my beta last night, but...

She's had computer issues. So, the next post may be delayed some.

Sorry.

Though, it does leave some more time for anyone who wishes to comment.

12. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    I have read all of your stories and I think they are wonderful. I want to remain on the pm list. Thanks.=D=

13. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    It's time for replies....

geo3--- Thank you for your kind words my revered, but currently computerless Beta. It's almost a testimonial. ;)

Now, as we get deeper into this, I am sure that you'll have much to say.

obsessedwithSW--- Padme refusing Kalinadian help...Hmm, well how do you know that she ever knew about the offer? there's a discussion of this in SL&B. PM me if you want a ink to the right spot...

VaderLVR64--- Thank you, and I try. BTW, weren't you the Fan Fiction manager that our mothers warned us about at some point in the past?

laurethiel1138--- Thank you, and you're on the list.

dianethx--- Thank you so much for the kind words. The aspect of weaving my world with canon is one of the more difficult parts of my work here. Why? Because, canon sometimes makes very little sense. :oops: [face_laugh]

Sophronia--- Thank you, and the next post may help answer your question. I will say that she knows that the Jedi did not want Anakin trained.

Darth-Buddy--- Thanks, and you're on the list.

Now, the next post follows. One teaser, since I ahve shown you one psrt of the couple at 11, I have to show the you the other half.

Oh and [face_flag] Becuase it's Flag Day here in the USA

14. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    A quick note or two:

Mameni is Kalinadian for "Mama."

This chapter contains several references to events of the story, "The Red Bedroom" located here. If you feel inspired to read it.

Now on to business....

Promise to keep?

Chapter 2 The Certain

Watergarden, The Palace Complex, Theed, Naboo 1601 hrs.

Obi-Wan Kenobi had spent much of the last two hours meditating upon the events of the past few days. He did not ask why the will of the Force had demanded that his Master fall to the Sith or why the Sith had chosen now to return. Instead, he sought guidance from the Force on another matter: Anakin Skywalker.

It wasn?t that Obi-Wan was uncertain that he should honor his promise to his dying Master. Honoring that promise was one of the few things that he was certain of at the moment. Another was that the Council would confer the rank of Jedi Knight upon him. Yet, he wondered, Will they let me take Anakin as my Padawan as I promised?

That question still ran through Obi-Wan?s mind as he came out of his meditative trance, and began to rise from the ground.

Well, Master Yoda does say that the future is always in motion?It would appear that there is greater wisdom in it than I had previously believed. Of course, that does contradict to some degree Master?s ?your focus determines your reality? speech?Though perhaps not, but that might imply that my focus on the boy is helping to create my inability to see whether the Council will allow it. Somehow, I am certain that I do not control what the Force is willing to tell me of its will.

Obi-Wan looked around the ancient watergarden. The small stream that flowed through it was one of the few obvious pieces of evidence that the ground was sloped. Amidst the small, carefully designed pools and the waterfall built into the stream, Obi-Wan saw or rather felt something. He felt the confidence and certainty of the designer of the garden. It may have been hundreds of years before, but the designer?s sense of clarity and that he had been correct in his choices still sang out into the Force.

He took solace from it. He also drew a lesson from it. A lesson that filled him with a clarity of purpose.

I should focus on that which I know to be certain, and the rest will reveal itself?I will keep my promise, and I will train the boy?whether the Council wishes it or not.

---------------------------------------------------

Coronet, Corellia, Ninth balcony of The Tolreth Center, site of the 1,236th Republic-Hyperspace Trading Conference, 0550 hrs. local time.

Idiocy?My presence here as a symbol was, and is, idiocy. But, it seems merely symbolic of the general arrogance and idiocy of the Order at present. The Council sends me here to be a symbol of the Republic, but to have a role only if necessary, no matter how inefficient or unjust or overly bureaucratic the arrangements reached. Yet they send only Qui-Gon and his Padawan to face a resurgence of the Sith. Of course, they probably didn?t believe it to be the Sith.

Master Dooku, hereditary Count Serrano, paused in his thoughts as Corellia?s sun rose fully over the horizon. It was the sight that had prompted him to come here for several days running in order to think and meditate on recent events in the Mid Rim. He had never been to Naboo, and that in someways made him feel even more disconnected from what had happened.

Qui-Gon is dead and gone. He has passed into the Force before his time due to the idiocy of those who run the Order. This was not how things were meant to be, but it does make the future clear?

The Sith have returned, of this I am certain.

They must be defeated. But the Council can not be trusted to take appropriate action. Therefore, I must.

I must find allies and a refuge outside of the Order.

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I wonder if it was Padme or Palpatine that sent that message.

?What it has to do with it, my exasperated son, is that he choses to ignore the grave insult the Queen of the Naboo has delivered to us, and the vast ingratitude that they have shown. Your father offered troops and even his own sword to aid the Naboo in liberating their world from the Trade Federation. That girl Queen of theirs not only refused these offers, but she did not even make the refusal herself. She did it through her Senator, and she used insulting language.?

?Such as??

He?s challenging my interpretation?

?Well, according to your father, she called us overly militant offworlders.?

Sounds like old Palpy at work to me although Padme might have thought it.

Love the worlds you create. The Ivo that will become the man we know, his mother taking insults where none may have been given. Dooku making a grave mistake. Obi-Wan's determination.

Great job.

16. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Palpatine smiled to himself, as he glanced at the empty chair at the head of the table. Set for the Queen, who had retreated to her room feigning illness, it was symbolic to Palpatine.

Yes, yes?remove her from the picture in the right way at the right time, and he will just fall into my lap like a ripe shurra fruit. Not even the future where the Protector of Kalinda takes him produces much different a result.

It is all just a matter of time.

Palpatine smiled, and his eyes turned yellow for the briefest of moments.

No one noticed.

*shivers*
    Very evil. I dont remember much of palpatine or Obi-Wan in your other works except when they were talked about. This seems like it could be an epic!:D and =D=
    As always I love your use of words.

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! I love how you're weaving all the various threads of this story together. The end result is stunning!

Thought leads to action;
    Action leads to consequences;
    Consequences lead to reflection;
    Reflection leads to wisdom;
    Wisdom leads to thought, and action.

I suppose that I am at consequences now.

She?s going to ask why I was so insistent about going with Papa to Naboo. I can?t tell her. I?ll have to pretend that it was about learning the role of diplomat. I don?t like it, but I can?t tell her about the other lady?the one from the Portrait in the Library and the Red Bedroom at Dunlindia?the one who speaks to me in my dreams at times?I can?t tell Mameni that she tells me what the visions mean sometimes, or that she simply told me that I must go to Naboo, when I described my sense of needing to meet someone there?Mameni wouldn?t understand.

Bravo. I don't know what else to say. =D=

18. Sophronia

Sophronia Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2004
    ...As far as I am concerned, she does not exist to this House. She will not be invited to any Diplomatic Corps functions, and will never be invited to Kalinda.

Lianna Arzhan is my kind of diplomat.

But aren't the Kalindians generally prone to think suspiciously of outsiders, even those who have not offended them yet? Is Lianna more likely to think this way given that she lived so long as a common citizen?

Well, there?s nothing that can be done about that tonight, and as for the Protector of Kalinda?Rabé and I shall receive him tonight. I will not add one more weight to her shoulders.

Has Sabé just unknowingly added an additional insult to the protector?

A very nice post, keep writing... :cool:

19. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I'm back online! Hooray!

I will return with some actual feedback once I get myself organized...:D

20. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    Just a brief announcement from your author...

Replies likely tomorrow night...

Next post to my beta hopefully by the end of the week.

So, lurkers, if any come out and play.

21. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Ah, it is nice to be back in the small haven of civilization that is your story thread.

My computer issues have been resolved. I can dive into the Ivoverse for a while and just enjoy myself.

As promised, here are my thoughts on Chapter 2, ?The Certain.?

I should focus on that which I know to be certain, and the rest will reveal itself?I will keep my promise, and I will train the boy?whether the Council wishes it or not.

How lovely to see Obi-Wan being mindful of the Living Force! That alone is a great and fitting tribute to his former Master, for whose funeral everyone is gathering.

The Sith have returned, of this I am certain.

They must be defeated. But the Council can not be trusted to take appropriate action. Therefore, I must.

I must find allies and a refuge outside of the Order.

I will defeat the Sith, and bring meaning to Qui-Gon?s sacrifice.

I think this is one of the most original (and plausible!) takes on the reason for Dooku?s departure from the Order that I?ve ever encountered. Bravo!!!

Thought leads to action;
    Action leads to consequences;
    Consequences lead to reflection;
    Reflection leads to wisdom;
    Wisdom leads to thought, and action.

How different this is from the Jedi mantram! I absolutely love the detail with which you?ve created not only the characters and settings of the Ivoverse, but its underlying philosophy.

I?m quite sure it?s Palpatine who ruined diplomatic relations between Naboo and Kalindia. Bravo to Ghe-Harza for looking past that. And I just love the Dooku/Qui-Gon/Ghe-Harza connection.

Carry on, carry on? this is definitely the story I?m looking for? (apologies for the bastardized obi-Wan quote ? my wit fails me today, it seems :p)

22. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I haven't been around in a few weeks. I will be back to catch up with this new IVO story very soon

Edit: 11 year old Ivo and already he is dreaming of his lovely bride. That was a surprise.

I can imagine Amidala thinking the Kalindians as overly militaristic, but can't imagine she would actually commit that to paper (oh, you know what I mean)

Are we seeing the basis for Liann's aversion to Ivo's choice of a bride?

23. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    And now for replies...

dianethx--- Well, as revealed in Soul of Love and Bravery, Padme never even knew that the offer had been made...

I think that answers your question... [face_skull] ;)

Thank you for the compliments, I but try.

obsessedwithSW--- Well, I do love writing Palpatine, but you're right, in the sense that he's always been a supporting, evil character in my works.

As always thank you for reading.

VaderLVR64--- Thank you, I'll take that...

Sophronia--- You ask, But aren't the Kalindians generally prone to think suspiciously of outsiders, even those who have not offended them yet?

Well, yes, they are prone to think poorly of non-Kalinadians, but please don't think that this may be due to the majority of them having little to do with life outside the Commonwealth. Some of the most prone to this are the ones dealing with outsiders everyday. After all, familarity breeds contempt. Now, from a Kalinadian POV, they were insulted, and the Naboo, or their Queen, are totally ungrateful wretches. Now, might Lianna be touchier about this because she wasn't born an Aristocrat than an Aristocratic Kalinadian Diplomat who might chalk it all up to the general uncouth behavior of barbarians? Yes.

As to Sabe, her decision will probably make things worse.

Geo3--- Given your recent decision, I am unsure if I should post this here or send it to you, but form demands it. :)

On Obi-wan: Yes, part of my goal was to bring him more into harmony with Qui-Gon's approach. It has always seemed to me that by the end of TPM, Obi-Wan has become more visibly like Qui-Gon than before. I just wanted to show how he got there.

Thank you for your comment on Dooku. Dooku has always seemed to me to be a misguided crusader. He walks into being evil, in an attempt to defeat it. I am so glad that someone other than me finds it plausible.

Finally, I greatly appreciate the fact that you (and others) appreciate the amount of detail and effortthat I have put into this, and the other works.

PadawanKitara--- First, Welcome back to the Ivoverse.

Then, to your comment.

As to Ivo and brides, well only indirectly. The woman in his dreams is of course, the Lady Talsia Arzhan, Duchess of Dunlind, his grandmother who died three days after giving birth to his father. She is also the or one of the resident blue ghosties of these works, and of the Castle of Dunlindia. As she was a tall brunette, it does probably influence him. Again I direct anyone reading this to the link in the post for more discussion in "The Red Bedroom." For reference, the following is a somewhat formal image of her at a happier date:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Gunrayslawyer/mfl3.jpg]

As to who the Force tells him that he needs to meet on Naboo, it could be his future wife, who had a cameo in Chapter 1 that noone mentioned, it could be his future friend Anakin Skywalker, it could be Amidala, or even Palpatine.

As for the message on troops, see my response to Diane.

Ok, that's it for now. Thanks for reading. More soon.

24. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    After a delay engendered by my Beta's move from the world of Gates to the world of Jobs... A new post.

Promises to keep?

Chapter 3 Events unfold.

Palace Square, Theed, 1723 hrs. local time.

Many stared at them as they walked toward the Palace. Some stared in wonder, and some in disgust. Others simply stared, slack-jawed and dead-eyed.

Ge-Harza Arzhan, Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of Kalinda, did not react when the black uniformed man next to him glanced at him. The man?s apprehension practically radiated into the Force, or as his lost and re-found people would say, it overwhelmed the rest of the Harmonies of Creation.

Ah, what else should I expect. Constable-Captain Argelan did not wish me to walk from the spaceport terminal in any event. I can see his point to a degree. The only things that they?ve had time to do is pick up the bodies and clear the more important streets of rubble and debris. But this is growing tiresome?

Without looking at the other man, or breaking stride, Ge-Harza said, ?Captain, I know that you?re uncomfortable with the situation, but I doubt that these people are going to attack us. Even if they did, has it occurred to you that if one includes you and me, there are nine armed men in our little party? After all, I don?t think even angry civilians are much of a match for six Lifeguardsmen with Mark twenty-two blaster rifles.?

After a moment, the other man answered, ?Perhaps not, My Lord, but a risk is a risk. After all, Color-Lieutenant Arharsa, his men and I have as our primary duty to keep you alive.?

?Yes, Constable-Captain, I understand, but it seems that we will be at our destination momentarily. I would suggest that the problem is not the breadth of your concern, but its depth,? Ge-Harza replied, perhaps more officiously than he meant.

?Of course, My Lord.?

As always, the underling knows when to cease arguing?Sometimes that is such a pity, the conversation was just about to get interesting.

Ge-Harza?s thoughts were interrupted by the sight of the Palace steps, and of the small knot of non-natives standing to one side about halfway up to the entrance. Their brown cloaks and robes gave them away, even from this distance. That and the ripples in the Force caused by noticing the small party of mainly blue-uniformed armed men mounting the first stair.

Next to him, Ge-Harza heard the ever loyal Constable mutter in Kalinadian, Jhedae?Vashgeacht Jhedae, deska koli satya doch?

Yes, Jedi, and yes, outsiders, but it can get worse, Constable, it can get worse?

--------------------------------------------

The Grand Entrance Hallway, Palace of Theed, 1724 hrs. local time.

The sound of boot and shoe heels on marble always seems louder inside a building, than out. The confined space and the echo make it seem so, and when the space has excellent acoustics, the effect is exaggerated even more. Two Handmaidens and several officers of the Queen?s Security Volunteers were amply demonstrating this as they rushed to reach the main, formal entrance to the Palace. They had only been told that the Protector of Kalinda had requested to see the Queen, and that his transport had arrived at the Spaceport. Only when he and his party were seen walking the two kilometers from the Spaceport-Theed Transport terminal did it occur to the Handmaidens of the sedated and quite asleep Queen that he was coming now.

Thus, the rush to be at the entrance when he was announced by the Captain of the Gate to the Castellan of the Palace.

This is likely to go badly as it is?we don?t need to be late for it as well, thought a quite perturbed Sabé Deltrus, Chief Handmaiden to Queen Amidala I. She glanced to her left and noted that despite her shorter stature, her fellow Handmaiden, Rabé was keeping pace.

Good, two of us there to see him, along with the guards, should be enough of a show to appease his sensibilities, and prevent too much of an incident.

25. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    As always, the underling knows when to cease arguing?Sometimes that is such a pity, the conversation was just about to get interesting.
    I had one of those appearances just this morning....oh well.

Are you suggesting that the main reason the council changed their mind and trained "the boy" (in the Ivoverse) is because they didn't want him training with Ge-Harza and joining the Kalindians?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.