main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Guilt and Honor Bound - AU, contains Obi, Qui, Ani, others

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sionnach-Airgid, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sionnach-Airgid

Sionnach-Airgid Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    Title: Guilt and Honor Bound
    Timeline: AU, TPM to ?
    Genre: Drama, AU, Obi-angst
    Characters: Obi, Ani, Qui, Yoda, Sidious, others
    Summary: Although not permitted to train Anakin, Qui-Gon insists that Anakin remain under his care at the temple as his ward.
    Warnings: If you love Qui, you might not like this story. Evil Qui!
    Disclaimer: Of course, I do not own SW or any of its characters, although I?ve considered kidnapping Obi! :p

Against my better judgment, I am giving in to the evil plot bunny that has been nipping my heels with this for the past few days. Oh well, I?m not sure how this will all work out, but I hope you?ll enjoy it! [face_worried] [face_praying]

[b]Guilt and Honor Bound
    [i]Chapter One[/i][/b]

All attempts at meditating currently eluded the twenty-five-year-old Jedi padawan seated on the floor of the cramped quarters he would be sharing with his master and his master?s ward on the return trip to Naboo. There existed several factors for his distracted mind; the largest of them being the latest in a line of what he often referred to as his master?s adopted pathetic lifeforms. Only this ?pathetic lifeform? was far from pathetic for he held great Force potential.

The young Jedi simply did not know what to think in regards to the former slave child. On one hand, the Jedi were taught to help and show compassion for those in need, something he believed strongly in, and the boy from Tattooine certainly qualified as one in need. On the other hand, the Jedi Code clearly stated that any child over the age of three could not be trained as there was too great a risk in training anyone who had lived long enough in the world outside the Jedi Temple to experience the potential horrors of the galaxy. Such beings could not learn to detach themselves from their emotions, becoming easy prey for the darkside. At nine years of age, Anakin Skywalker could not even hope to have the Council change its mind. He was simply too old and the risk too great. The boy was clearly dangerous and, while the padawan honestly did understand the boy?s intense disappointment at being denied the dream of becoming a Jedi, especially after being taken so far from home, he knew from the disturbing visions he had been experiencing that training the boy could only result in disaster.

Of course, such Force potential also made Anakin a strong possible magnet for the Sith who would want to mold him into a weapon for the darkside. He firmly agreed with the Council that the boy should not be trained; however he also agreed with his master that Anakin should be protected. However he did [i]not[/i] believe that Qui-Gon Jinn should be the one to provide that protection. His master felt much too strongly that the boy should be trained to resist the temptation of instructing him in the ways of the Force.

The padawan sighed as he realized that no solution existed that would satisfy everyone. He did not have time to contemplate the issue further as he felt his master approaching their quarters and heard Anakin?s excited chatter from halfway down the hall before the door slid open.

?What are you doing on the floor, Obi-Wan?? asked Qui-Gon Jinn as he stepped into the room followed by Anakin who promptly placed his things on the very bunk Obi-Wan had intended to take for himself.

Obi-Wan Kenobi shrugged lightly. ?Meditating, Master, but now that you and Anakin are on board, I am sure you want to settle in. I?ll go and check in with the pilots and see if I may be of some assistance.?

Without glancing in the young man?s direction, Qui-Gon idly waved his hand towards the door, intent on helping Anakin settle in.

With a slight bow, Obi-Wan slipped out of the room and headed for the cockpit. He rarely saw his master or Anakin for the rest of the journey to Naboo, spending most of his time meditating in an attempt to decide how to best repair the damage to his relationship with his master that his disagreement with Qui-Gon had cause

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

I am just going to love an evil Qui-Gon.[face_skull]

However he better not hurt my Obi-Wan anymore with his despicable words.[face_shame_on_you]

Obi-Wan don't you dare train Anakin. Send them both packing.
    Tell the Council.[face_idea]

Oooh what wicked things is Qui-Gon going to get up too.[face_devil]

I cannot wait.=D=

Can I have a PM please when you update.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! :D Please put me on your PM list! =D=

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Interesting. I'm not usually into evil Qui stories but this looks wonderful.

Qui should certainly not be telling Obi-Wan to train Anakin against the Council's wishes. If he's going to be a rogue, it's his head, not Obi's that should be on the block.

Good job.

Put me on your pm list please.

5. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    :eek: Wow! I have a feeling that this story is going to be very interesting. Poor Obi! I think he needs a hug and it's only the first post! Please add me to your PM list for this story as well!

6. Amrita_Glittersong

Amrita_Glittersong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2007
    Or, Qui, you could just break the rules yourself and 'not get caught'. [face_frustrated]

I'm liking this so far! I like Qui, but I have an odd liking for evil Qui too. XD Poooooor Obi, though! He's so neglected. :_| I wonder how the relationship between he and Anakin will develop; it seems like it could go either way from here.

Anyway, I liked it. :) Can you add me to your PM list?

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ohhhh very intriguing.

I'm not thrilled with Qui-Gon's tactics. Ordering a reluctant Obi-Wan to train Anakin is bound to lead to unintended consequences.

It should be interesting to see if they can indeed keep this from the council.

Please PM me when you update [face_praying]

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Although I would prefer a mushy Qui-Gon / Obi-Wan relationship ;) , I found your evil Qui very interesting!

Please add me to your PM list too
    ... and update soon!

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Add me, too, to the PM list. I can't wait how to see "by the book" Obi-Wan deals with going behind the COuncil's back in direct obedience to his master's command.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.