main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga May it be, a single post songfic with Obi-Wan pictures added Obi-Wan and Luke added aug 11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: May it be
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: ROTS
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Luke, Beru, Qui-Gon
    Genre: single post song fic
    Summary: Obi-Wan finds a new home
    Disclaimer: Star-Wars = GL
    Disclaimer 2: May it be belongs to Enya

May it be

May it be an evening star
    Shines down upon you
    May it be when darkness falls
    Your heart will be true
    You walk a lonely road
    Oh how far you are from home

I had left the spaceport of Mos Eisley carrying the little bundle of hope and walked towards a stable. In a pouch on my utilitybelt was a large amount of credits and other very useful things and with one hand I guided a hovercart on which my meagre belongings were packed in a large chest.

An exchange between me and the friendly stableowner followed and I left riding an Eopie towards the rising suns of Tatooine. It would take me one full day of travel to reach the moisturefarm and I could have bought a speeder but the wounds left in my heart from the Jedi-massacre were still fresh and I needed the slow moving gait of an Eopie.

Luke was esconed comfortably in a papoose on my back and when the Force alerted me of the young one?s needs I stopped and cared for him.

Luke was the new hope for a galaxy turned dark and when I gave him his drink I remembered the younglings in the temple.

I had found them shielded protectively by a crèche master or alone.

Some of them had been my students when I was on Templeduty recovering from injuries.

They were killed ruthlessly; most by blasters and some by a lightsaber. That lightsaber had belonged to my friend who was like a brother to me.

I had tried to guide him back to the light.

I had fought defensively begging Anakin to surrender.

I had given him the opportunity to walk away but no; Anakin had jumped and I had disabled him.

I couldn?t kill him and when I sensed a dark presence approaching I walked swiftly away to the starship and to get Padme to safety. I would care for her and her unborn child.

Anakin?s offspring.

Mornie utúlie
    (darkness has come)
    Believe and you will find your way
    Mornie alantie
    (darkness has fallen)
    A promise lives within you now

Padme had died giving birth to Luke and Leia and we had decided to separate them.

Bail Organa would adopt Leia and I would bring Luke to his family on Tatooine and guard him because Tatooine was a harsh and hostile world.

?Oh Padme, Oh Anakin, your secret would have been safe with me. For some reasons I have always known the two of you were having a bond.?

With my thoughts still on the beautiful funeral ceremony for Padme with her dressed in an azure and dark blue gown with white flowers like the Nephrilflowers of the Jeditemple adorning her hair I had boarded a public transport for Tatooine.

Yoda had told me how to contact my old master Qui-Gon Jinn before he left with Bail Organa.

Yoda would go into exile on a planet of his choosing.

---

The twin suns of Tatooine were painting the desert in purple and orange colours when I saw the homestead of the Lars family.

I ordered my Eopie to kneel down and dismounted with Luke safely in my arms.

Beru greeted me and I handed her the little child. I told her his name was Luke Skywalker and when I left again she said I could come if I needed help.

I told her I was Ben Kenobi, again using the name my mother had given me when she gave birth to me.

I walked back to my Eopie, mounted it and rode away into the desert, into the fading light of the two suns.

I had spotted on the way to the homestead an abandoned hovel and that was my destination. It was close to the homestead and a good place for hiding from the Empire.

May it be shadows call
    Will fly away
    May it be your journey on
    To light the day
    When night is overcome
    You may rise to find the sun

It was dark, the landscape only lit by the moonlight and stars, when I reached it and I guided my mount into a garage.

Surveying the hovel I found it useful and some work was needed to make a living in it.

I unpacked m

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I started my meditation when Qui-Gon appeared before me.

My journey of solitude, meditating and learning the ways of the Whills had begun

Beautiful. =D=

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow, that song works wonderfully for this point in time.

Very nicely realized too earlybird-obi-wan !

4. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    I really like this.

It's so simple, and yet so touching.

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was beautiful.

You captured Obi-Wan's thoughts and feelings so well...I just want to give the poor guy a big hug.

I loved Obi wrapping himself in Qui-Gon's cloak just before he appeared to him.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Bittersweet...but lovely, as with all your stories.

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    *listens to ´Sam´s song in the Orc-tower´ at present which was done brilliantly by THE TOLKIEN ENSEMBLE, a Danish group that also has support of queen Magarete:

"In western lands beneath the Sun
    the flowers may rise in Spring,
    the trees may bud, the waters run,
    the merry finches sing.
    Or there maybe ´tis cloudless night
    and swaying beeches bear
    the Elven-stars as jewls white
    amid their branching hair

Though here at journey´s end I lie
    in darkness buried deep
    beyond all towers strong and high,
    beyond all mountains steep,
    above all shadows rides the Sun
    and Stars for ever dwell:
    I will not say the day is done,
    nor bid the Stars farwell."

and is in a very reflective mood now!*

Thanks for that outstanding songfic, dear bird. Once again you were able to weave beauty, grace, true emotions and humanity into your work. The pictures go very well with it and give Obi-Wan´s exile a greater dimension.

I cried a bit while I read it and also asked myself why Anakin & Padmé would NOT tell him. But well, the future seems to be written... by the decisions an individual makes at times. And time can not be turned back.

It is also clear that there is still hope left in his heart though...

10. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Lovely and very melancholy--just right!

Well done! =D=

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A perfect song and a moving fic to go with it. I could almost hear lovely Enya's haunting voice singing. :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.