main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Another Story (Obi-Wan, Padme, Qui-Gon, Anakin - Prequels AU) - Chapter 2 Updated 07/13/2007

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by vagabondher, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vagabondher

vagabondher Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2007
    Title: Another Story
    Author: Emilie; vagabondher
    Timeframe: TPM AU (eventually AOTC and ROTS AU as well)
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Padme, Qui-Gon, Anakin, Siri
    Disclaimer: See below.
    Summary: How does Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan arriving on Naboo two days before the blockade change the course of the story?

-

I don't own any of these characters, planets, species, weapons, ships, etc. All the work of Lucas & Co. I make absolutely no profit from this, it's purely for fun and spreading my creative wings.

For Another Story, I jump back and forth between sticking to some canon moments (not verbatim, not even trying to be) and such that I've gathered from my own memory of the movies and with the help of this wonderful site, but I in no way imply that some things will be absolutely accurate to canon. This is an AU fic, so straying from canon is kind of par for the course.

Also, if this isn't your pairing, don't bash. If you've got nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

2. vagabondher

Jul 12, 2007
    Chapter One

As the ship descended towards the designated landing area, Obi-Wan Kenobi took in the lush landscape of Naboo. His Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, gently ran his hands over the controls of the ship to ease it into its place as the ground got closer and closer, while also casting a kind look over to his Padawan. ?What is it on your mind??

Obi-Wan blinked and looked to him, ?Master??

?You?ve got that look on your face,? he explained with a wry smirk behind his beard. ?Do you not like it??

?It?s not a matter of liking it, Master.? The young man sighed and returned his gaze back to the bright, green world. ?It simply doesn?t seem to be the kind of place you?d expect a slimy criminal to hide.?

?True, and that may be the reason why we?ll find him here, don?t you think??

?I suppose,? Obi-Wan shrugged, but then caught himself, straightening and nodding. ?I mean?yes, Master.?

Qui-Gon chuckled, the ship landing on the platform like a feather on grass. Motioning to the exit, he stood up and walked beside his Padawan as they left the cockpit. ?This shouldn?t be too long, a day or two and we?ll be able to find him out there.?

?The Twi'lek didn?t necessarily give us the most specific location of who we?re looking for,? Obi-Wan dryly noted. ?We may very well spend days looking for a needle in a??

?Focus on the present, no need to jump to any conclusions just yet, Obi-Wan.?

?Yes, Master.? He nodded automatically, but as they walked down the ramp and into the landing bay of Theed, the capital, he couldn?t resist the urge to remind his Master, however politely, ?You did tell me that you had a feeling??

?Yes, and we?re fully prepared to defend ourselves if such a feeling turns out to be of something dangerous, but it?s no reason to deter us from our mission, Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan nodded again. ?Yes, Master.? After a moment he noticed the direction they were walking in and chose his words carefully. ?We?are headed to the Palace??

?Yes.?

?Are we meeting with the Queen??

?We don?t have an appointment, but I felt it polite to inform her of our presence.?

?Polite??

?Of course. It wouldn?t be fair of us to go traipsing around her home without first introducing ourselves.? Qui-Gon looked to his Padawan and then relented (though his tone remained the same): ?Besides, doing it this way will erase a lot of possible complications down the line. It?s always nice to be in the good graces of a ruler.?

Obi-Wan mulled it over for a moment. ?But...there is the possibility that she won?t give us permission, Master.?

Qui-Gon smiled behind his beard, as he usually did when he was in a mischievous mood. The kind of mood that would often lead to Obi-Wan asking him if they should ask the Counsel first? ?Who ever said we were asking for permission??

-

?It?s a great honor to have Jedi in our presence.?

Obi-Wan stood just a little ways behind Qui-Gon, with his head bowed forward, as the Queen spoke in her regal tone that echoed a bit in the large, domed room. The ornate nature of her outfit, though beautiful, was quite fascinating in and of itself in that he wondered if at any moment her head might topple to the side from the weight of her headdress.

When he finally lifted his own head back up, he kept his face even as he took in the room once more, getting a feel of it. The architecture of the place was exquisite, but he couldn?t help but wonder how secure the area was.

As the Queen spoke with his Master, she imposed a great amount with just her voice, something that surprised Obi-Wan in a way?she was young, from what he?d heard of the recent election. Naboo was far enough away from the center of the trade routes not to bring too much attention to itself, but the young Jedi could remember seeing a holo-report on a young (but not the youngest) Queen winning a landslide election on a lush, peaceful planet out of harm?s way.

In all her formidable nature, sitting before them decked in regality, Obi-Wan would?ve assumed to be met with a rather robotic-like discussion with the lead

3. vagabondher

Jul 12, 2007
    Chapter Two

There was something a bit amusing about the way she tried to dismiss him from her office and he had to fight a smile back when he, as courteously as he could manage, simply refused to do so.

?Until the security investigation is over, M?lady, I?m afraid I won?t be going anywhere, as it?s my assigned duty to make sure you stay safe.?

The formality of it all sounded rehearsed even then, because it was. From what he?d read up of the Queen and her beliefs, he did have respect for her, but Obi-Wan had also become quite proficient at sounding absolutely convincing when he needed to be.

It worked; she allowed his protection of her to continue. And he swears his life on this; there was a ghost of a smile behind her maquillage as she thanked him for his concern.

-

?Since you are pro tem in charge of my safety, do not hesitate to say what is on your mind.?

They walked down the grand hallway as she spoke to him, her handmaidens accompanying her and Obi-Wan as they walked toward a destination he was trying to learn of.

?As you wish,? he replied on reflex. He let a moment pass before doing just that. ?I?m sorry for intruding on your day to day life, I know it must not be what you were planning on.?

?No, it is not.?

?But I suppose we should try to get through this, honestly. The investigation should not take long, Panaka seems proficient; and my Master will return by tomorrow, at the latest. Then you can go back to your routine and I can go back to mine?? He glanced over at her; the expression on her face gave nothing away, so he added just for the sake of it a cordial ?M?lady.?

They turned a corner. ?I appreciate your candidness.?

Obi-Wan returned his attention to walking. ?May I ask where we?re going??

?You want to avoid drawing attention to yourself. If the man who tried to harm me sees me surrounded by guards or, worse, a Jedi, he may not take another chance, and we may not have another chance at capturing him.?

Obi-Wan stopped in his tracks, ?And you?re choosing now to make me aware of this?plan of yours? When did you decide this??

?I discussed it with Captain Panaka??

Obi-Wan stopped himself before he said anything rash, feeling a budding frustration at the edges of his emotions. He inhaled and then exhaled, letting the negative energy flow out of him before continuing. ?M?lady, I would appreciate it if you would consult me on these kind of matters. It can lead to complications if I?m not inform??

?I trust Captain Panaka with my life and while I don?t doubt your intentions, I would appreciate it if you allowed me to confide with whom I see fit.?

Obi-Wan half-nodded, half bowed his head, slightly taken aback by the vexation in her voice. ?I apologize.?

-

He could feel the Queen?s eyes on him as he exited the room in civilian clothing. Even as they continued to walk, he felt that she was very aware of his discomfort, and his dissent.

?What is it?? She asked, although it was when she finally looked away and kept her eyes forward.

?I know you have this small trip to make.? To the orphanage, which was good, of course, yet it didn?t stop him from continuing. ?But it would be best if you didn?t go out today, M?lady.?

?The attempt was made while I was here, within these walls?how am I any safer here then out there? At least this way I can continue my duties.?

?Yes, but??

?I visit the orphanage every week, it may be demoralizing if I simply decide it is not important any more.?

?It?ll be quite up there as well if you end up getting yourself killed, too.? She didn?t shoot him a look but, like his Master, he could very much feel in the Force surrounding them her growing irritation.

They stopped at the entrance the private hangar and Obi-Wan laid his eyes on what they would be taking. The ships the Queen took were all of a metallic build, and this one was no different. A mini-spaceship of sorts, a luxury class only it seemed a lot sturdier than it gave on.

?There?s a deflector shield on it when security is at high alert. Whic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.