main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Keep Me Near (Viggie, Qui/Yoda/Adi, angst/drama)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bmwgurl17, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    This is my first piece of work completed for my trials. =) Hope you all enjoy.

Title: Keep Me Near
    Author: Bmwgurl17
    Characters: Qui-Gon(20), Adi Gallia (20), Yoda

Master Qui-Gon Jinn sat silently with his legs crossed. His hair lay flat and calm against his relaxed face. He was engulfed in meditation. Beside him, Yoda did the same. Together they sent large, peaceful waves of energy throughout the room. Qui-Gon was grateful to be back from his latest deadly mission with Obi-Wan, who had once again, somehow nearly escaped death. His young Padawan never seized to amaze him.

Suddenly interrupting Qui-Gon's thoughts, Yoda finally spoke. "Remember, I do, your mission on Gree."

Qui-Gon's eyes snapped open. "Gree? Master Yoda, that was years ago...many, many, MANY years ago. I was but a boy. I've just about forgotten myself. What brought you back to that mission?" His voice was deep and gently, but Yoda could feel the shift of the room and Qui-Gon's heart beat increasing.

"Go with Master Gallia, you did. Forgotten, I have not."

Qui-Gon was lost for words. What was Yoda getting at? Why had he brought back the memories of Parii Island? The name echoed through Qui-Gon's head as he recalled first entering Gree and looking down upon Parii Island from the sky. It was beautiful beyond words. It was a paradise, no doubt. He and Adi Gallia had been assigned to monitor the activity on the massive island in search of smugglers. There was only one thing that set them on the wrong foot: They were twenty year old unsupervised Jedi on a "party hard" island and they were in love.
    ---------------------------------------
    *many, many, MANY, years ago*

"It's so beautiful here." Adi said cheerily.

"Yes. That it is."

Adi peeked a glance at her friend. His face was stuck on the same, "no worries?, calm, cool and collected expression. Though he played it cool, she knew that on the inside he was as excited and as afraid as her. This was their first mission on their own and neither wanted to be the cause of it being a failure. Slowly stepping off the ship, Adi smiled at the sight of lengthy Qui-Gon Jinn walking down the ramp as if his legs were mush. Stretching her hand to him, she led him off and to safety, for she had unexpectedly landed on a small building with wildly crashing waves.

"Thanks," he replied a little sheepishly. Looking around, Qui-Gon couldn't help thinking that Gree was a wonderfully lively planet and Parii Island was a tropical Coruscant.
    "This place reminds me of Coruscant," Adi said a second later. Qui-Gon let her take the lead toward the meeting base where Master Yoda had said they were to meet with the rulers of Gree. Walking behind her, he smiled a wide, tight smile. He loved it when they happened to be thinking the same thing.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

"Ok, here is the deal. We have heard word about smuggling going on in Parii Island. All you to need to do, is be sure that the streets are free of dirty con-artists and I will grant Jedi the right to research our planet and its wonders. Agreed?" The environmental leader of Gree spoke with a thick accent, but every word was understood. However, only a call on his comlink later he had other news.

"So there is news that the smugglers were in fact merchants...who I somehow happened to hire. I really need a vacation." He called to his assistant for water and his lunch, almost forgetting Adi and Qui-Gon were still there. "Ah yes, so that means that you to can, well, do as you like. You can stay, you can go. Do as you please. We have extra rooms that you could stay in for say, a week. This is a beautiful place, no? Enjoy it!"

After leaving the room, Adi waited patiently for Qui-Gon to contact Yoda. They decided that though Parii was a lovely place, it would be up to Yoda whether or not they would stay. Just then, Qui-Gon approached her.

"So?"

"So he said yes, which I think is very strange."

"Master Yoda is a little more than strange! What does it matte

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Yoda sat, still deeply in thought. He felt his heart tightened suddenly and his mind developed a vision. A tall man stood tightly wrapped against a young woman. He could not make out either faces, but he felt the love that flowed from both bodies. The man looked down into the woman's face, seeming to be comforting her. She began to cry. She touched her stomach tenderly and then began to fade away until Yoda was back in the room. Back to reality. Though he dare not say it, his mind questioned, "A lightsaber on the young man, I did see?"

Whoa!!!!! :eek:

Boy, you set that one up.

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    "A lightsaber on the young man, I did see?"

Hmmmm....a peek into the future did he see?

I'm glad Yoda finally explained why he sent Qui and Adi on the mission, though I still hate that darn code!!

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great one and Yoda seeing Anakin?

5. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Valairy_Scot

Whoa!!!!!

Boy, you set that one up.

Haha, thank you and thank you for reading. =)

KELIA

Hmmmm....a peek into the future did he see?

I'm glad Yoda finally explained why he sent Qui and Adi on the mission, though I still hate that darn code!!

Great job on this

A peek? Definently, [face_mischief]. The code seem to keep getting in the way! But that makes the story all the more complicated, right?
    Thank You very much!

earlybird-obi-wan

Great one and Yoda seeing Anakin?

=) Thank You!! Hmm, who knows...maybe Anakin...maybe so other Jedi struggling with love...[face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.