main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Gift (AU - JA with a twist)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by darthtracy, May 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthtracy

darthtracy Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2000
    The Gift (JA with a twist)
    By: darthtracy

Rated: PG
    Spoilers: None
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM - ROTJ
    Keywords: Alternate Universe; Angst; Hurt/Comfort
    Archive: Please ask first
    Disclaimer: This story, in concept, is mine. The characters of Anakin/Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon,etc. all belong to George Lucas. No profit is being made.

Summary: When a young woman turns to the Jedi for help, the gift she leaves behind changes the galaxy.

Notes: Okay, this is my first real fic. I am really hoping that it?s okay. Please give me some feedback! This is alternate universe!! Facts and whatnot have been changed and will be skewed to fit my twisted imagination!

>*<
    Part One
    Mimi?

?Come on, come on?? Sixteen year-old Obi-Wan Kenobi paced the length of third turbo-lift he?d found himself in that morning. Seemed that the entire Temple was moving at a pace slower than Master Yoda?s gait. His Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, had sent him on errand after errand, and his stomach was growling louder than an engine roar. Just because he doesn?t have to eat breakfast. He regarded the illuminated button-panel with a deep scowl. He only had one more task - retrieve the datapad he?d forgotten from the roof. Alright, this one was his fault, but still. If I don?t die of hunger first.

Finally, the lift stopped, opening as slow as it had risen. He bounded out, spotting the Sith-be-damned datapad where he?d been seated the day before. Coruscant was alive this morning, zipping by in shades of silver and gold. He supposed he must look quite silly, standing on the roof all by his lonesome, but he didn?t care. The roof was one place he felt alive. Qui-Gon tended to stay near less?loftier surroundings, but allowed Obi-Wan to spend as much time up here as he wished during free times.

The Force sang to him up here. Flowed through his veins as real and sure as it had always been. Holding out his arms, he allowed the wind to carry his robe up around him. Breakfast wait a bit longer.. The air wasn't exactly...fresh, but it was infinitely better than the oft-stale air pumped into the Temple. Distantly, he could hear the hum of the traffic, but he payed it no mind.

That was, until the sound grew closer by the moment.

Reaching out with the Force, Obi-Wan felt a wave of extreme fear coming from a small air taxi. He ran towards a small landing platform that hadn't been used in decades, and witnessed something he wouldn't soon forget. A young woman, dressed in rags and crying, was unceremoniously pushed from the taxi before it sped away again. Wincing at her obvious pain, he ran and gathered her into his arms.

"Miss? Do not worry, I will help you." Obi-Wan whispered, trying to remember the more advanced healing techniques he'd just learned. //Master! Bring the healers to the roof at once!// She was still breathing, although it wasn't as strong as he'd like, which was a good sign. Who would do such a thing?

The girl drifted into the blackness of unconsciousness, just as Qui-Gon and a small band of healers made their way onto the roof. All in all, Obi-Wan thought, it was a good thing he had left that datapad on the roof yesterday.

>*<

"I'm sorry, Master. I was..." Obi-Wan faltered, not ready to admit that he had been scared up there on the roof.

Qui-Gon understood, "Padawan, you acted as anyone would in that situation. Your mind knew what to do, even if your nerves had you fooled." He commented, smiling slightly at Obi-Wan's confused expression.

"I don't understand, Master. She lost consciousness! I should have been able to at least put her into a healing trance-"

"Which is what you did, young Kenobi. Very well, at that."

Both Master and Padawan turned towards the voice of Master Healer Miketh. The tall, violet-skinned Jedi smiled. "Mimi is resting comfortably now, althought there is more to her condition than I had first anticipated."

Obi-Wan's face was still wearing a mask of confusion. "Mimi, Master Miketh?"

Miketh sighed, "Yes, that was the only name she would give me," He

2. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2000
    Me likes!!

Seriously, great start... hope to see the next post soon! :p

3. darthtracy

Aug 12, 2000

Oh thank you! Yay...someone actually read it! I will try to post some later for all to read!

4. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jun 16, 2000
    Sounds pretty sweet to me

5. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    Hey, I like! so please post more

6. darthtracy

Aug 12, 2000
    Great...I don't feel so bad now! Welcome to my two readers :D It's hard to get people to read your stuff around here, isn't it? I am working on the next few posts...

7. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    An interesting begining. I'd like to see some more.

8. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    You've set up a very interessting story and I can't wait to see what else is coming in the (hopefully) very near future.

9. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jun 16, 2000
    Rise my young threadintice...

10. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    So far, so good. Love the part about Obi-Wan's stomach.

11. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    You've got my vote! Yes, do continue to post darthtracy! I'm awaiting your next post!

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Continued it must be, sucks this does not! :)

Loved how Master Miketh teased Obi-Wan!!

Post often, post soon darthtracy.

13. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Count me on board!

14. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    Oh and to think I almost missed reading this!!!

Once again, I praise Julie's work or creating the new story list.

Great begining!!!!

15. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    oops, I too am guilty of almost missing this... :)

liking it so far, ready for more :D

16. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jun 16, 2000
  17. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
  18. darthtracy

Aug 12, 2000

Here is the next part, everyone. I don't know how it turned out, so let me know :D

Part 2
    Obi Quiet

"When will she wake up, Master Miketh?" Obi-Wan asked, nervously wringing his hands inside the folds of his robe. The sleeping form of Mimi took up most of the space inside the tiny room; it just happened to be that half of the creche came down with highly-contagious heppa-pox and had comandeered a majority of the healers wing.

Miketh regarded the sleeping girl with a frown. "I cannot honestly say, Obi-Wan. Her vitals check out...perhaps she just loves to sleep in?"

As would I, if Qui-Gon would ever let me sleep beyond sixth-hour. "I can understand that. So, should I come back after classes?" He asked, looking towards the doors expectantly.

"Mmm...who is making all that noise, anyway?" Mimi cut in, sitting up in the bed. Her black hair was tangled, and her expression couldn't be any more sour.

Obi-Wan jumped, which made Miketh smile. "Um, Obi-Wan Kenobi, M'am. We, uh, met on the roof?" The padawan stammered, blushing scarlet.

"M'am? No, please...call me Mimi." She paused, looking intently at Obi-Wan. "I don't remember much about that, I'm afraid,"

Miketh stepped forward, producing a stethescope. "You lost consciousness up there. Obi-Wan came to your rescue, isn't that right, Kenobi?" His voice was serious, but the joke given away with his smile. Obi-Wan was pink to his ears by this point.

Laughing a bit self-consciously, Mimi bowed her head. "Thank you, Obi-Wan. I...there are things that I will need to figure out," looking around the tiny room, she narrowed her eyes. "Where am I, anyway?"

"The Jedi Temple," Miketh replied, "are you from Coruscant, Mimi? Is there anyone we should be contacting? Parents? Relatives?"

She shook her head, "No. I was, what I mean is...it's hard to explain."

Sensing no dishonesty coming from her, Obi-Wan stepped closer. "Take your time, you've only just woken up." He said, softly.

"Are all Jedi this polite and modest?" Mimi teased, rubbing her hands across her belly.

Both Miketh and Obi-Wan nodded. "Since birth, I'm afraid." Obi-Wan said, matter-of-factly.

A faraway look swam over Mimi's face. Patting her stomach once more, she smiled. "Good to know, Obi-Wan. Good to know."

There was a slightly-awkward moment of silence, before Miketh politely excused himself. Obi-Wan stood in place, not sure what to say. she looks so..scared. Sure, her outward actions spoke otherwise, but he could just...feel it. "Would you care for some breakfast, Mimi?"

Her eyes lit up, "Yes, I can't remember the last thing I ate," Swinging her legs out of the bed, she got to her feet...and sat right back down after a dizzy spell washed over her. "Whoa, I guess-"

"That's quite alright, Mimi. I will go get something for the both of us and bring it back. What do you like?" Obi-Wan cut in, with a smile.

You, for starters. "Anything...as long as it comes with juice."

"Juice it is, then. I will be back shortly."

Finally alone, Mimi turned her attention to the bundle of cells inside her belly. "I think we're going to like it here, little love."

>**<

19. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000
  20. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    //You, for starters.//

Don't we ALL! :D

21. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Great so far, darthtracy! Keep at it. I like how she talked to her baby. Yeah, that's what pregnant ladies do!

22. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jun 16, 2000
  23. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
  24. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Wow, this is good! Please continue when you can! :)

25. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    MORE!!!!!!! please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.