main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Patchwork (UDC, v2 Response: multiple characters, themes & eras) Completed, 5/6/2013

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Title: Patchwork
    Author: Alexis_Wingstar
    Genre: Like the title implies, this ongoing work of drabbles will include many genres, including AU and cannon speculation.
    Timeframe: Spans all eras, and times.
    Characters: Again, refer to the title. ;) Star Wars is the thread that sews the pieces all together into a patchwork quilt.
    Note: This is in response to The Ultimate Drabble Challenge: So Nice, We'll Do It Twice!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smooth

Running his fingers over her cheek, he marveled at the smoothness of her skin. He smiles as she turns her head in her sleep to nestle her face into the warmth of his hand. Love fills his heart, and he silently thanks the Force for his good fortune, and fervently hopes he does nothing to mess up things for her. He only wants to make her happy for the rest of her life and vows to himself to remove any obstacles to that goal.

?I love you, Allana,? Jacen whispers to his daughter as he returns her to her cradle.

Rough

?Would you like to get a bite to eat with me, Shmi?? Cliegg gave her a self-conscious smile when his stomach loudly rumbled at the possibility of food.

Her smile was one of regret, and she lowered her eyes to look away. ?I can?t. I have to finish work for my master first.?

?Oh? I?m sorry.?

Cliegg silently cursed himself for the lame response as she replied, ?So am I,? and watched with a sinking heart as she walked away.

I thought life as a moisture farmer was rough. I swear I will find a way to free you, Shmi.

Dry

The teenager had fun as he swam under the surface of the mountain lake. He paused as he saw the massive kemli swim towards him. Awe filled him as the creature floated to a stop in front of him.

The bi-peddled and the finned mammals starred into each other?s eyes for a moment that lasted an eternity.

As the kemli swam away, the boy surfaced and gasped for air. His heart beat with the excitement of discovery.

~~Dinner?s ready, padawan.~~

Qui-gon swam back to shore. After using a towel to dry and dressing, he joined Master Dooku for the meal.

Wrinkled

The sun?s rays shown through the bedroom window and concentrated themselves on the boy?s eyelids. Moaning, the child rolled over, and gasped as he fell out of bed with a resounding thump.

?Poodoo,? he exclaimed as he rose from the floor and realized just how late it was.

Hair rumpled with major bed head, and slept-in clothes helplessly wrinkled, Anakin rushed out into the living room of the quarters he shared with his master. He sat across from Obi-wan, mirroring his meditative pose and prepared for another scolding, but was pleasantly surprised to hear instead?

?Welcome among the living, Padawan.?

Weathered

Owen eyed his weathered face critically in the mirror and rubbed at his unshaved jowls. ?When did I become old?? He muttered gruffly.

Then from over his shoulder, he spied a pair of sky blue eyes peering at him with a smile that always warmed him from the inside out. He felt his heart quicken as he turned to his wife and held his hand out to her. ?Why do you look as beautiful now as you did the first time I saw you??

Beru took his hand and stepped into his loving embrace. ?Your love has kept me young.?

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I so love your moisture farmer romances. and please write more Cliegg/Shmi. It's so rare to see that. And that lovely Jacen/Allana vic, too! How that warms me! :D

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Wonderful job!! =D=

I really loved Smooth!!

4. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Wrinkled made me cringe solely because I recently developed a phobia of falling out of bed at night. Sad, but true.

These were great, keep up the good work!

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very nice!

I loved how each drabble featured different characters.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved them all!

Wrinkled

The sun?s rays shown through the bedroom window and concentrated themselves on the boy?s eyelids. Moaning, the child rolled over, and gasped as he fell out of bed with a resounding thump.

?Poodoo,? he exclaimed as he rose from the floor and realized just how late it was.

Hair rumpled with major bed head, and slept-in clothes helplessly wrinkled, Anakin rushed out into the living room of the quarters he shared with his master. He sat across from Obi-wan, mirroring his meditative pose and prepared for another scolding, but was pleasantly surprised to hear instead?

?Welcome among the living, Padawan.?

That was my favorite! =D=

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved them and especially Qui-Gon and his love for that animal

8. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I read Rough and Weathered and think of your current Owen/Beru fic ( :p ) and loved it.
    =D=

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    SilSolo: I so love your moisture farmer romances. and please write more Cliegg/Shmi. It's so rare to see that. And that lovely Jacen/Allana vic, too! How that warms me!

I'm glad you like them. :) Ok, you twisted my arm. I shall expand on that Cliegg/Shmi drabble (not here, but in a full-length story), plus, there will be more of them in my "Twin Suns Romance" series.

mavjade: Wonderful job!!

I really loved Smooth!!

Thank you. :)

BigFatty: Wrinkled made me cringe solely because I recently developed a phobia of falling out of bed at night. Sad, but true.

These were great, keep up the good work!

I certainly had no intention of making anyone cringe! [:D]

Thanks, I shall endeavor to do so.

KELIA: Very nice!

I loved how each drabble featured different characters.

Thank you. This next set I deliberately kept the first two ambiguous.

VaderLVR64: Thanks. :)

earlybird-obi-wan: Loved them and especially Qui-Gon and his love for that animal

I had you in mind when I wrote that one. ;)

BigE: I read Rough and Weathered and think of your current Owen/Beru fic and loved it.

It seems Owen and Beru has siezed my brain and I cannot keep from writing them. [face_laugh] I'm glad you enjoy my portrayal of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Week 2

Jedi

The widow caresses her newborn son?s cheek as she nurses him. She feels exhausted as she sits in her dilapidated flat in Corruscant?s lower levels.

?Mommy, we?re hungry,? eight-year-old Dalu, the eldest of seven children, whines.

Despair fills the woman as she carefully rose from the couch and headed to the kitchen to fix another meager dinner.

A knock comes upon her door and her shoulders slump as she answers it. She is surprised to see a man in a brown cloak standing before her.

?Hello, ma?am,? the Jedi speaks in a soft voice as he pulls down his hood.

Sith

Morals cannot bind.
    Good? evil? both subjective.
    I do as I will.

Do not think you can hold me
    To your meaningless values.

Shadows are my friend.
    The dark is my lover
    Whom I do not love.

Love is a crutch for cripples
    Who need compassion so kind.

Kindness, compassion,
    Are weakness personified.
    I prey on the weak.

I will not let the weak prey
    To rule or bring down the strong.

I shall never shrink
    From pain, fear, sorrow, nor hate,
    For they make me strong.

I am the dark; I?m your death.
    I am sorrow; I am SITH.

Soldier

Half my soul was torn from me
    When my Kummar was killed.
    Oh gods, let me see her one last time
    So I may put her spirit to rest.

Gods, why have you deserted me?
    Why do you not heed the pleas
    Of a soldier who has served Kaleesh from birth?

My wives or offspring cannot assuage my grief.
    I cannot let her go. I cannot shake my anguish.
    I wear it like a cloak to shield me.
    The cloak has become my tormenter.
    Qymaen jai Sheelal has died with Kummar.
    There is only grief.
    There is only General Grievous.

Civilian

Oh, how I have longed to see the Jedi in action. I can recount all the glorious tales of old of Jedi, long dead, who have defended the galaxy against tyranny. I committed to memory every detail.

Yet, all my studies and my dreams of the staunch defenders do not hold a torch to seeing Mace Windu cut down the Confederate forces and single-handedly destroy a seismic tank. He was as swift and fierce as a juyo. He showed no mercy to the enemy. Yet afterwards he smiled at me when I gave him a drink.

Me, Paxi Sylo, civilian.

Politician

?You are beautiful for a Senator,? I had told her. Force! I am such an unmitigated fool when I am in her presence! I cannot believe I said that. What the sands does being a politician have to do with her being beautiful, I ask you. If I am to convince her to marry me, I am going to have to stop fumbling like an oaf when I speak to her.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved the poetry in Sith and Soldier

Great update=D=

11. CerasiTachi

CerasiTachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2007
    Excellent drabbles, Alexis! =D=

Your Week One drabbles were so cute. I especially loved the Shmi/Cliegg and Owen/Beru.

For Week Two, my favorite is Politician.

I look forward to reading more!

12. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Jedi: I like how the Jedi relieved the poor woman by giving her one less mouth to feed
    Sith: nice poem. I really like your unrestrained style
    Soldier: YEAH GRIEVOUS! I really like your take of the guy. Very few people write him the way he deserves to be written
    Civilian: We all can understand that one lol
    Politician: yay Ani/Ami

13. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Sith was amazingly powerful

*shudders*

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    It's late, so I'm not up to replying to each of you individually, but thank you for your responses to my drabbles so far. :) Now here are the drabbles for week 3:

Week 3

Mother

After Kavin went back to the Jedi Temple on Corruscant, Miri sat holding their son in her arms. As she gazed at Caylib, doubt filled her mind. What do I know of being a mother? The jedi don?t prepare initiates for parenthood. She had been reunited with her family in the mountains of Naboo a few months ago, and her own mother seemed to hold back emotionally from her.

Is she ashamed of me? Does she see me as a failure because I quit the Order?

?All I know is I love you, son.? She whispered to the sleeping infant.

Father

Owen stood in the doorway watching Luke sleep. He quietly walked across the room and sat next to his nine-year-old nephew. Gently brushing the unruly blond hair back from the boy?s face, he whispered. ?I know I?ve been too hard on you, Luke. I?m sorry. I just want you to learn to keep your feet firmly planted. I know someday when you grow up you?ll leave us behind. I want you to know? I couldn?t love you more if I were your father.?

When Owen left the room, a tear fell on Luke?s pillow. ?I love you too, Uncle Owen.?

Sister

Sola stood in the room she shared with Padme when they were children. It seemed so much smaller now that she was grown. Not too much was changed, however. Their parents had kept the childhood toys the two of them had collected in anticipation of grandchildren. Her daughters, Ryoo and Pooja, now shared this room whenever they came to visit overnight with their grandparents.

She sat on Padme?s bed and picked up Bumbly the purple nuna that had been her sister?s favorite stuffed animal. ?You?re still ugly.? She muttered before hugging it and began to weep for her baby sister.

Brother

So long bereft of her sweet company,
    She comes to me as I die.
    She embraces me much as a lover would,
    And we become one at last.

Leaving the world behind me,
    Yet still mysteriously apart of it,
    I sense a familiar presence.

A presence who had become one
    With her long before I,
    And because of me.
    His was the sacrifice
    Which saved me from darkness.
    His smile is bright.
    Happy tears flow down his cheeks
    As he welcomes me
    With open arms.

Cay, my loyal brother, we meet again.
    We are together again,
    One with the Force.

Friend

The tall guy is a pain in the receptors. He is constantly coming up with reasons why we should not do what clearly needs to be done. He is much too cautious, complains incessantly, talks to much, and is a prissy know-it-all.

Yet, for all that, he has his moments. He tricked the stupid bucketheads on the first deathstar that we were innocent bystanders, which enabled us to help Luke. He worries every time I go up in a starfighter, and offers to give parts for me when I?ve been damaged. Though he?s a pain, C3P0 is my best friend.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW those were beautiful, all of them and you are a great poet

16. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Sister and brother were so bittersweet

:_| :_| :_|

Friend was my favorite, though. It's nice to see 3PO finally being appreciated :p

Great update

=D= =D==D= =D=

17. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Oh, I missed responding to your Week 2 ? Sorry!

Sith ? :eek: That is now my favorite poem from these fan fic boards. Absolutely awesome!

Politician ? cute and endearing. The character?s awkwardness is well conveyed.

Father ? Owen & Luke?dang you made a sentimental piece of work there - almost got me sobbing. :_|

Friend ? Artoo! [face_laugh] An awesome piece of humor from our favorite astromech! That was great!

Fantastic work, A_W. Can?t wait for Week 4!

18. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Owen stood in the doorway watching Luke sleep. He quietly walked across the room and sat next to his nine-year-old nephew. Gently brushing the unruly blond hair back from the boy?s face, he whispered. ?I know I?ve been too hard on you, Luke. I?m sorry. I just want you to learn to keep your feet firmly planted. I know someday when you grow up you?ll leave us behind. I want you to know? I couldn?t love you more if I were your father.?

When Owen left the room, a tear fell on Luke?s pillow. ?I love you too, Uncle Owen.?

:_|:_|:_| Oh gosh, that's beautiful! @};- This is my favorite. [face_love]

Friend was my second favorite. Very cute! [face_laugh]
    You did a fabulous job on all of them. :)
    Beautiful!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Sister

Sola stood in the room she shared with Padme when they were children. It seemed so much smaller now that she was grown. Not too much was changed, however. Their parents had kept the childhood toys the two of them had collected in anticipation of grandchildren. Her daughters, Ryoo and Pooja, now shared this room whenever they came to visit overnight with their grandparents.

She sat on Padme?s bed and picked up Bumbly the purple nuna that had been her sister?s favorite stuffed animal. ?You?re still ugly.? She muttered before hugging it and began to weep for her baby sister.

Simply wonderful! =D=

20. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Sister-nice touch with Sola. It's fitting that Ryoo and Pooja now share that old room. and I also like your spotlight on teh Qel-Droma brothers.

21. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Week 1:
    I love ?smooth.? It?s a very sweet moment.
    I also love the C/S one. We don?t see too many fics that focus on their romance.

Week 2:
    The poems are awesome! A double challenge there :)

Week 3:
    I loved the moment between Owen and Luke :)
    She sat on Padme?s bed and picked up Bumbly the purple nuna that had been her sister?s favorite stuffed animal. ?You?re still ugly.? She muttered before hugging it and began to weep for her baby sister. ? this was probably my favorite bit of the whole week.
    Couldn?t help but love the Obi/Ani poem!

22. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks, you make me blush! [face_blush]

Kelia: Thanks, I like mixing the characters, moods, etc. in these.

BigE: No need to apologize. I do appreciate the praise, though. ;) Well, you don't have to wait any longer. :p

dancing_star: Thank you

VaderLVR64: Thank you, too.

SilSolo: Yeah, there's nothing more soothing to have a family connection like that... to sleep in the same room your mom did when she was growing up...

Alley_Skywalker: Thank you for reading. :)

Now on to week 4's drabbles. I hope you all don't mind I put different spin on a couple of them, especially on "Shuttle" :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shuttle

Miri watched in fascination as her mother skillfully moved the shuttle back and forth, weaving the yarn on the loom. ?May I try?? She asked tentatively, feeling shy around her mother.

As her mother looked up at her, she felt nervous. She longed to feel a connection with the woman who gave her birth, but when she returned to Naboo after leaving the order, her mother barely spoke to her.

?Come, sit by me.?

When Miri obeyed, she finally sensed a tender warmth from her mother as the older woman handed her the shuttle and guided her hand in instruction.

Fighter

Owen stood proud and tall as he looked defiantly into the expressionless dark eye slits of the stormtrooper?s masked helmet. Beside him, Beru held his hand tightly, refusing to cower behind him or even hide as he requested of her.

?We?ll face them together,? she had said when they had spied the Imperials approaching their farm.

He was proud of his beautiful desert flower. Though gentle, she was a true fighter, and he would not want any one else by his side right now when he knew they could both die.

?Go to hell!? He spat in the trooper?s mask.

Freighter

Demtin could hardly wait for the delivery of the newest addition to his collection of fighters, a replica of the x-wing Skywalker had flown when he blew up the first deathstar.

He went to the observation lounge to watch as the fighter landed.

?What the kriffin? hell?? He exclaimed as the ship landed. ?That?s a freighter, not a fighter! Skywalker never owned a freighter!?

He got on the comm to the company who sold him the ship, was put on hold for fifty minutes, reached a semi-intelligent being who transferred him to the appropriate department and got put on hold?

Capital Ship

A six-year-old Wedge Antilles stood back from the refrigerator and proudly admired his latest work of art. ?Hey, mommy, look, it?s a capital ship!?

Mrs. Antilles paused in her preparations of the nerf stew that the family was going to have for dinner that night to look at the jumbled mess of magnetic letters and commented that she thought it looked more like a shuttle to her.

?But, mom, I only used the upper-case letters! I?d have used the lower-case ones for a shuttle.? He shook his head and rolled his eyes, ?Duh!? Grown-ups could be so stupid? like nerfs.

Space Station

Within the Umboo Lightstation, Noop Yeldarb sat munching on salty tuber chips and drank some cold fizz-bip as he stared at the cards on the table. ?Huh, it?s not enough I have to be stuck out here in the middle of nowhere, guarding a space station for a jerk I despise, but I also can?t win a simple game of solitaire!?

Muttering a few choice swear words, he picked up the cards and shuffled them thoroughly. ?I wish governor Koong would just drop dead of the rot.? He grumbled as he set the cards out for another round of solitaire.

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    loved them and that one about Owen and Beru so :_| Reading this the day after I have made a picture of them:_|

24. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Fighter was great - I loved Owen and Beru's strength but

:_| :_| :_|

Freighter was very [face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

What's a poor guy have to do to get a simple replica of an infamous X-Wing?

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I'd like to see that picture. :)

Could you hold, please? :p