main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Padawan You Already Have - TPM Evil Qui-Gon - repost - one-post story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Title: A Padawan You Already Have
    Author: ardavenport (aka Anne Davenport)
    Timeframe: TPM, Episode 1, AU
    Genre: Drama, Evil Qui-Gon Challenge
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Maul
    Keywords Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, Naboo, Challenge
    Summary: Qui-Gon chooses a new padawan.
    NOTE: this is a revised post from the Qui-Gon Jinn Challenge Thread.
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to George and Lucasfilm; I?m just playing in their sandbox

The Zabrak Sith was not tiring.

Almost too late, Qui-Gon Jinn saw what the Sith was doing. The Jedi Master leaped backward, just before the energy shield doors closed again and Obi-Wan caught up with him. The Sith snarled, leaping after him, but his red lightsaber blade bounced off the barrier with a wicked snap. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan deactivated their lightsabers, but the Sith did not bother. The being in black paced back and forth. He was nearly all black and red. Black tunics; blood-red skin, black tattoos and horns. His unnaturally yellow eyes glared at his prey, denied him by the red glowing barrier that separated them.

The Sith was strong with the Force. The dark side of the Force. Qui-Gon?s fleeting confrontation on Tatooine had been merely a taste of this colossal battle. They could lose; they could both be killed. Qui-Gon closed his eyes and drew the strength and the light of the Force to him. He needed to be strong, focused. He needed to be more powerful than he had ever been. They could not fail.

Next to him, Obi-Wan did the same, though his Padawan still lacked discipline, his emotions contained but still too active, a costly waste and distraction. Both of them were very strong with the Force.

Yet, it did not feel like it was enough.

Qui-Gon had been driving the Sith champion back, always close, but not achieving the killing blow. Now he knew that the Sith had been baiting him, trying to separate the two Jedi, to make them easier to kill.

Master and Padawan activated their lightsabers at the same time, fiery green and blue. The laser doors opened. They attacked together, again trying to force the Sith into leaving an opening, but he anticipated them, again, defended both sides and attacking.

A black, booted heel connected with Qui-Gon?s jaw. He absorbed the blow through the Force, but was still thrown back onto the floor of the core chamber. He rolled and returned to his feet.

Obi-Wan attacked, with blow after blow forcing the Sith back, but the Zabrak parried and blocked. A strong blow from Obi-Wan?s saber separated the Sith?s double-bladed staff with a resounding boom, finally depriving the Sith of the double bladed weapon.

Qui-Gon ran and leapt high in the air, over Obi-Wan and their momentarily unarmed opponent. He landed, crouched, spun and attacked.

Again, the Sith spun, scooping up one red, blazing saber from the two halves of the staff. He blocked both of them with vicious slashes. Qui-Gon sensed their momentary advantage slipping away like water. Fighting next to him, his Padawan sensed it as well and frustration radiated from the young man. Qui-Gon would have admonished his apprentice for being so easily distracted, but the Master did not allow such distractions for himself.

Together, they drove the Sith back toward the pit of the energy core of the Palace. It was a vain hope that the Sith would simply fall in. He leaped, flipping over them and spun, a whirl of black that landed a hard kick to Obi-Wan?s chest. He went flying with a grunt, but managed not to fall into the pit himself.

Qui-Gon kept up the attack with blow after blow, all the might of the Force drove each one, and yet it was like hitting the laser doors. Nothing seemed to work. It was like striking out at a mirror.

The Sith was not tiring. He was enjoying himself.

He spun away from them and the Jedi again attacked together, side by side.

Then Obi-Wan slashed down with his blue saber and the S

2. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Oh... my... gosh....

That was the wierdest fiction I've ever read. I've never thought of a 'dark' Qui-Gon story...

Okay, that was really... freaky.

It was great!

3. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    :eek: Dark... dark Qui-Gon? [face_worried] Marvelous post, ardavenport! You had me going the wrong direction though - I thought Qui-Gon was working with Darth Maul instead of using his Padawan to defeat him. Poor Obi-Wan! :( And the fact he didn't even comfort his Padawan after giving him up!! Very dark stuff. Nice twist and fantastic characterization. I never thought I'd be in favor of Dark Qui-Gon, but I believe in your version of him.

4. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Grrrr! How could Qui-gon have done that?! I understand the sacrifice, but not to even consol his dying apprentice, or even feel remorse for what he'd done?! Gezz, just for that I hope in this AU, that Anakin rips his heart out.

Evil Qui evokes bad emotions from me ahah, I prefer nice Qui-gon that makes up for his mistakes and gives all his love to Obi-wan but alas, it's always nice for a change up.

Very nicely done/written story! Good job! :)

5. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    I've read this before but the second time it's still creepy and ... dark.
    =D= Great job! =D=

6. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Quigonjecca: Thank-you!

Ooooooh, there are dark Qui-Gon fics out there. He can be very stern and cold if he's in the mood, so it's not that hard to start there and make him dark.

The Musical Jedi: Thanks!

I hadn't really thought about Qui-Gon working with Maul; that would be a bit of a stretch for him. But he was sliding into the dark. Would Qui-Gon sacrifice Obi-Wan to win the fight against a Sith? Jedi are supposed to be selfless, but even a noble goal can use evil means. Yoda told Luke to sacrifice Han and Leia to win against Vader and the Emperor, but Luke wouldn't do it. I like to think that Qui-Gon would draw the same line, though in this story I wrote it where he didn't, which made a big difference in the outcome.

Cole_Kenobi: It was such and evil deed. Once he'd sacrificed Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon made it worse by saving himself any heartbreak by immediately distancing himself from Obi-Wan and not offering any comfort at all. Nice Qui-Gon is much better. :) Thanks for reading!

Fifilla: Thanks for the reply! Creepy and dark - that's what I was going for. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.