main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Happy Lifeday (Anakin, Qui-gon, Shmi; MMM Holiday challenge; AU, mush) Update 12/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Title: Happy Lifeday
    Author: Alexis_Wingstar
    Timeframe: A month or two after TPM
    Genre: Mush, AU
    Summary: It is Anakin's lifeday, and his master, Qui-gon Jinn, has a special gift for him.
    Note:This story was written for the Monday Mush Mania dialogue only challenge, thus this vignette is written in dialogue only. The actions, facial expressions and tone of voice is left to the imagination of the reader.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?It?s time to wake up now, Padawan.?

?Yeah, I?m awake.?

?Get out of bed then. Today is not the day to lie idle.?

?Alright, alright, I?m up.?

?What?s so important about today, Master??

?Perhaps this will jog your memory.?

?What?s inside??

?Open it and you shall see.?

?A holocron??

?Tap the play switch.?

?Hello, my son. I hope this reaches you in time for your lifeday. Qui-gon sent this holocron to me with a note saying he believed it would be beneficial for us to keep in touch with each other through this. I can record a message and send it to you, and vice versa. It isn?t the same as being together, but?

?I miss you so much, Ani, but I gladly bear this aching in my heart because I know you are where you were meant to be. You were never meant to live a slave?s life. I want you to know, Watto has actually been nice since you left? he?s even been showing me some respect, so, please don?t worry about me. I?m fine, and just as you are where you were meant to be, so am I.

?I love you, Ani, and I just wish I could send you something special along with this holocron. Happy lifeday, son.?

?Happy lifeday, Ani.?

?Thank you, Master Jinn.?

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Awwww... that was just so sweet!

3. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Awww! That was so beautiful and sweet! [face_love] I enjoyed very much!
    Great job!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww...that was the best lifeday gift Anakin could have possibly gotten

[face_love][face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    So sweet! And yet, so sad. It makes me wonder how different things could have been! Great work!

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Simply beautiful! [face_love] =D=

7. Abeja

Abeja Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    I think Ani and Qui-Gon would be a great pair of Master/Padawan , but this is just another what if...
    Very nice and a very realistic message from Shmi!:)

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Sweetness! [face_love] And great response to the challenge! =D=

9. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Aww, that was sweet and I loved it. :)

10. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    [face_love]

*deep sigh of content*

That was wonderfully written! :)

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful. Sweet. =D= :D

12. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you for your warm replies, everyone. [:D]

I think I'll be updating these at least every MMM... though I don't think I'll continue the dialogue only style... but then I might. It's an interesting way to write and I kind of like the challenge of putting a story together with those limits. We shall see where the Force guides me. ;)

13. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    This is the next "chapter" in this MMM story. The challenge this time around was to write a holiday fic with the words wassail, chor-cake, ribbon and sparkle in it. Hope you enjoy this next installment. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2: Response

Anakin stood before the holo-recorder and bit his lip. He was not sure why he felt so nervous as he prepared to record his reply message to his mother. He had waited to record it, because he was too overwhelmed when he first saw her image speaking to him. The only thing he could do was thank his master in an uncharacteristically quiet voice. Qui-gon was sensitive enough to give him a few minutes afterwards, allowing him to watch it once more. That was this morning. Now it was nighttime, and Anakin knew he should be in bed. However, he could not sleep. He had re-played his mother?s message so many times, he could repeat it verbatim along with all the nuances of his mother?s speech if he had to. Part of him wanted to ask her why she felt she belonged on that awful planet? a slave. No one should be destined to be a slave. People should not own another sentient being. It?s just wrong! Without realizing, Anakin balled his fist tightly as he thought about it. When he realized how his anger was flooding out his reason, he took several deep breaths. After calming down, he turned on the viewer and smiled brightly.

?Hi mom,? he spoke cheerfully and waved. As he realized what he just did, he brought his hand back down and frowned slightly. ?I wish I could hug you instead of waving to the holo-projector. Just consider that wave the hugest hug in galactic history, ok?? He smiled again. ?Your message was the best lifeday present ever, mom. Nothing you could buy could match it.?

He faltered a little for words. ?Life here at the temple is very different in a lot of ways from Tatooine. It?s cold here? though I guess someone from here would consider Tatooine hot.? He chuckled with a grin. ?There are other ways it?s not so different. I have to work pretty hard, and get up very early. Master Jinn is nice though. He? well, he?s kind of like what I always imagined a father would be. It?s too bad?? his voice trailed off and he looked down at his feet. He was about to say that it was too bad the three of them could not be a family but thought better of it. ?Jedi don?t have families,? he reminded himself, ?no attachments.?

Anakin then looked up with a smile that made his eyes sparkle. ?He made a chor-cake? I didn?t have the heart to tell him it tasted awful.? His nose wrinkled in disgust. ?He had written on it, ?Happy Lifeday, Anakin? in chocolate icing.? He laughed as he said, ?The icing was the only part that tasted good.? He then looked thoughtful. ?Qui-gon also had a warm drink he called w-wassel? no, wassail or something like that. He held it up and said that word, then explained it was a toast to good health. I said it back to him, but I thought of you when I said it. I think he read my mind, because he said, ?I hope your mother is in good health, too.? Qui-gon also wrapped this holo-recorder in some nice paper with golden ribbon around it? or was that your doing? It doesn?t matter who did it? it all made me feel like my birthday was some wonderful holiday.?

Anakin sighed then. ?Well, it?s pretty late, and I have to get up early? like I said before? so I?d better go. I miss you, mom. Be well. I love you.? He felt tears threaten, so quickly reached out to turn off the holo-recorder. He did not wish his mother to see him cry.

Too tired to change out of his padawan outfit, he settled on the bed, and let the tears fall on his pillow. Then he sensed a warm presence that felt familiar embrace him. ?Mom,? he whispered questioningly. Then he realized it was not his mother, but Qui-gon reaching out through their master-padawan bond. A small, sleepy smile formed on his lips and the tears stopped. Comforted, Anakin drifted into a peaceful sleep.

14. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Aww how sweet of him! [face_love] Yet so heartbreaking too! :( Lovely little fic, Alexis! :)

Anakin sighed then. ?Well, it?s pretty late, and I have to get up early? like I said before? so I?d better go. I miss you, mom. Be well. I love you.? He felt tears threaten, so quickly reached out to turn off the holo-recorder. He did not wish his mother to see him cry.

:_|:_|

15. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    *sigh* Things could have been so different if Qui-Gon had survived... *sigh*

16. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Aww, that was so sweet if a little sad.

17. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    So sweet! Things are different with Qui-Gon as his master, but his longing for his mother remains. I know how he feels. If someone told me today (and I'm 27!) that I couldn't see my Momma again, well, they'd have another thing coming!

Great piece for MMM! :D

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Please PM me when you update! I'm on my way to work, but I just wanted to say =D=

19. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved your mush and it could have been like this, Obi-Wan a knight and Ani Qui padawan and master

20. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww....that was so sweet!

I can't imagine a better present for Shmi to receive than a holo message from her baby

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

And I loved Ani's youthful honesty on Qui-Gon's cooking!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.