main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Broken Hearts/ Lonely Hearts: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Mace, - * Completed * 24 th Sep

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Title: Broken Hearts, Lonely hearts
    Author: Gkilkenny
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and others Cameo appearances of Bruck, and Xanatos
    Genre: J.A. EU.
    Rating: Angst/ rejection, and comfort.

Summary: Qui-Gon repudiates Obi-Wan and is determined not to take him back, Qui-Gon leaves Corruscant with a broken heart. Obi-Wan remains at the Temple on probation and tries to put Qui-Gon out of his life.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi, it grieves the Council to hear the accusations your Master has filed here before us today.? Master Windu indicated with a shake of his head. ?We are shocked, that one who strived so hard to be a Jedi apprentice would refuse to obey his Master?

Obi-Wan kept his eyes focused on Master Windu; he could feel the anger and hurt feelings radiating from his Master Qui-Gon Jinn, and he could not bear to see the disappointment in his Masters eyes.

?Do you have anything to say, before Master Jinn concludes? Master Windu said expectantly hoping Obi-Wan would plead his case.

?No Master Windu? Obi-Wan said quietly.

Mace sighed and looked to his long time friend Qui-Gon. ?Master Jinn, it is still your wish to repudiate your apprentice??

Obi-Wan held his breath waiting for the words that would seal his fate, however if he had been looking at Master Windu instead of looking at the floor he would have noticed the almost pleading look Mace shot his friend Qui-Gon. Mace could not believe that Qui-Gon would stand there ready to repudiate his Padawan. Nevertheless, there was no swaying Qui-Gon; he had that determined look that brooked no argument.

?It is Master Windu?

Obi-Wan fidgeted, shifting from one foot to the other, trying to stand still while his Master repudiated him.

Qui-Gon continued to speak, citing that he had always known that the boy had too much anger in him, and was fool hardy, and unreliable. Qui-Gon indicated to the council members that if the decision to send Obi-Wan to the Agri-corps had stood; Obi-Wan would be on a path that he was destined for, and where he belonged. He brought up the fact that Obi-Wan did not obey orders, and recapped the times on Bandameer that he got into trouble for disobeying Qui-Gon?s commands. The Council listened to his version of events, and even while they listened, they sensed that Qui-Gon?s version veiled solely to Qui-Gon?s point of view.

It had always been a difficult choice for the Council to attempt to pair these two Jedi. The will of the force drew them together, and even the council felt the stirrings in the force. Obi-Wan?s inexperienced mind had latched onto Qui-Gon, and although the Master denied it. The force sanctioned it. The Council knew intuitively that Obi-Wan was the only initiate that would bring Qui-Gon out of his self-castigation where his last apprentice was concerned. They all knew how passionate he was in his dedication to the Jedi order, and yet he was so consumed by his perceived failures of the past that he couldn?t see the dedication in Obi-Wan.

The Council was in a quandary, and they felt obligated to reach a resolution between these two. However, they understood that Obi-Wan must also learn to control his emotions, and find his path as well. They had to reprimand him for straying. However, the Council did not intend to send the boy to the Agri-Corps.

The first time was just a ruse to get Qui-Gon to accept Obi-Wan, and he did. Although, the Council knew there was tension in their relationship, they were hopeful that Obi-Wans nature would bring out the best in Qui-Gon. However, Qui-Gon could not release his trepidation that Obi-Wan would turn, and although he accepted the fact that Obi-Wan did not turn to the dark side, his betrayal was just as painful, maybe even more so. He wanted to trust Obi-Wan yet he could not bring himself to do so, and that was Qui-Gon?s downfall.

Whereas Obi-Wans fault was, he tried too hard, and tried to rush his training. He believed that if he were the best at everything then Qui-Gon would truly accept him, and actually think of him as a worthy apprentice. Neverth

2. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    This looks really interesting...Hmmm...I can't wait to see what's going to happen.[face_thinking] Great start and please PM when you update!:D

3. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    ?In truth I held back, I was uncertain of his commitment; my bond with him was tenuous. Although I sensed his strong, desire to complete his side of the training bond. However, I had my doubts about him, and so I was not only protecting myself, but him. It has only been a few months since Bandameer, and we were still finding our way?

?More than enough time it was, if truly wished to bond with him you did? Yoda confirmed as he nodded to Mace Windu.

I have a feeling he's going to deeply regret giving Obi-Wan up. :(

Poor Obi! I hope he finds a kind master who truly wants to teach him. But more than that, someone he can bond with that will help him heal from Qui-Gon. [face_praying]

Great job with this! Please add me to your PM list. :)

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I hope he comes to realize that he's made a very great mistake and that they really belong together. Maybe if someone else starts to train him, Qui-Gon might open his eyes.

Good job.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    poor Obi-Wan. I hope Qui-Gon will take him back and form a real strong bond with him. Please can you PM me.

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Poor Obi!

:_| :_| :_|

Qui was so very harsh on him and as we all see, not without his own faults.

I certainly hope the Council can help forge some sort of healing resolution.

If you have a PM list for this, please add me [face_praying]

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Yoda needs to whack Qui-gon on his shins about a hundred times for being so bloody stupid! How could he say those terrible things about Obi-wan, when himself has been so, so cruel and cold towards the boy! What really gets me is that he actually reaslizes his mistakes, but he does not see them as "mistakes" but just him not following the Code, does he have any idea what damage he could have or has done to a young soul/mind/life of Obi-wan's? I hope Mace or Yoda or someone kicks some sense into him!

Great start, to a fabulous story! It makes me very happy to read this time period in Obi-wan's and Qui-gon's life, it's filled with great angst! lol Lvoe it! Please continue as soon as you can! And if you have a PM list, may I please be added to it? Thank you!

8. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    ackkk...how how could be break a bond that could be so strong, that was half strong!!!!

*steals Yoda' stick and beats the living Force out of Qui Gon*
    BAD BAD no Jedi treats for you! *wack wack*

9. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    *gasp* bad bad Qui Gon [face_shame_on_you] [face_not_talking]

This story seems interesting, please add me to ur pm list cause seems i always enjoy ur fics a lot :D

Great start! =D=

10. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    jedidas3[:D]

Thank you for your comments. I hope I can keep the story
    interesting for you, and I will gladly PM you with updates.:cool:

bek thanks for reading[face_dancing]
    Qui-Gon will regret many things. He is such a buckethead at times.[face_beatup]

I would love to PM you with updates.[face_love]

dianethx Thanks I hope you enjoy reading it :D
    Qui-Gon has his head in the sand.[face_shame_on_you]

earlybird-obi-wan Thankyou [:D]

Obi-Wan deserves some-one who cares for him.[face_thinking]

I will be happy to PM you with updates.:cool:

KELIA You know Qui-Gon he can be so stubborn.[face_beatup]
    Thanks for reviewing[:D]

I will gladly PM you with updates.

Cole_Kenobi Thanks You made me laugh [face_laugh] with your comments about Yoda whacking Qui-Gon. I can just see him trying to hold his shins and run away from the little green troll.:p

I will add you to my PM list.[face_dancing]

JediKarenThank you [face_dancing] and here I will lend you my baseball bat so you can wack Qui-Gon.[face_beatup]
    I love [face_beatup] Qui-Gon to bits.

Veloz I hope I can keep you interested. There will be angst for Obi.[face_worried]
    Thanks for reading.[:D]

I will certainly PM you with updates.

11. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    words in italics are thoughts

The Councillors sat in contemplation as the doors closed behind Qui-Gon, finally Master Gallia broke the silence.

?So where do we go from here?? she asked as she looked around. ?We cannot allow Obi-Wan to think that his infraction of disobeying his Master is sanctioned, and yet I for one can see why the boy was led to distraction. I have taught some of Obi-Wan?s classes and he was always dedicated to the path of a Jedi. However, he was insecure about his place, and I can imagine that the pull of comradeship and the need to feel wanted, is what drew Obi-Wan to the young people on Melida/Daan.?

Several Councillors nodded in agreement, and Mace Windu leaned forward in his chair ready to speak.

?We will keep Obi-Wan on probation, and work with him to build up his confidence. I feel he truly regrets his decision, and I am certain this would not have happened had Qui-Gon acted as the seasoned Jedi he should be. The boy is full of despondency, and I think it stems from Qui-Gon?s initial refusal to choose him.
    I know it was apparent to us that the force wanted them together. However, I still believe we were wrong in pushing him onto Qui-Gon. I have known Qui-Gon for a long time, and he can be very stubborn when he puts his mind to it. Qui-Gon hasn?t come to his senses yet, and now we have a disturbed young boy to contend with because of Qui-Gon?s failure to let the past go.?

Master Yaddle nodded in agreement. ?We cannot show Padawan Kenobi any favouritism, especially in front of the other initiates and Padawan?s. Otherwise, they will think it is all right to disagree with their Masters, and turn their backs on their training whenever it suits them. Nevertheless, we must watch him closely. His state of mind is fragile and we don?t want to lose him to either the Dark side or to the force.?

?It is agreed then, we shall be mindful of Obi-Wan, and hope that Qui-Gon sees what we see in the young boy, and changes his mind,? Mace stated??

Obi-Wan walked aimlessly down the halls; He wondered what they all really thought of him. He noticed them staring at him, and he thought some had looks of compassion, or was it pity. Stop it! I cannot think like that, they haven?t banished me from the temple. I am on probation, which means I have to prove my self-worthy. I can do that. I must do it?.. Although, who will train me if I survive probation. I do not know of any Masters who are looking for an apprentice, especially one who cannot be trusted Obi-Wan?s steps took him to the Quarters allocation office.

?Hello Obi-Wan isn?t it?? the Knight behind the counter said.

?Yes Master, I am Obi-Wan Kenobi, I was sent to you for relocation.?

?Yes I know, Master Windu commed me. I am Knight T?un, and I have assigned you quarters in the Knights section, level four. Do you know where that is??

?No Knight T?un, I don?t, I?m sorry?

?That?s alright Obi-Wan, I will take you there myself, and make sure you know the codes and have everything you need.? He said.

Knight T?un and Obi-Wan walked through the Temple and when they reached, the first turbo-lift Obi-Wan stopped.

?We are not using this one Obi-Wan; this turbo goes to the western wing, which is where the Master / Padawan teams reside.?

Obi-Wan nodded solemnly and kept walking; they passed the training rooms, and another turbo lift. This one went to the Northern wing, which held the cafeteria, healers ward, and the initiates? rooms.
    Therefore, that left the eastern section, because the South side held the Council chambers and archives. Obi-Wan wondered why they did not allocate him a room in the initiate?s wing. Technically, he was not a Padawan anymore, and he assumed he would get a room with the other initiates.
    The eastern section of the Temple housed the newly minted Knights and those who rarely stayed at the Temple. They walked towards the elevator, and Obi-Wans morbid thoughts supposed they were hiding him away from everyone, and mainly, keeping him as far away from Qui-Gon as possible. [

12. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Nice update! =D= I get the feeling that Obi needs a big hug and I would be glad to volunteer. [:D]

I also think that Obi is in for a hard, rocky journey in the near future, especially with some of his peers.

Great job and I'm looking forward to more!

13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Poor Obi-Wan, so alone :_|:_|

14. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Wow. Gosh, that rant from Bruck, but mainly Siri was the verbal translation of a smack in the face! Poor Obi-wan, he must feel the weight of the world crashing down upon him. But, I love that he actually feels his remorse and feels guilt for his actions, it shows what a kind heart he has, and the true potential to be a great Jedi, and person.

I liked how you took the time to describe where the different lifts went too, very interesting. Especially, since they let Obi-wan have his own apartment at age 13, while on probabtion, that seems quite unheard of, isn't he a little young to live by himself? Anyhoo, I wonder what the Council's purpose is in this action.

I hope the Council has not make a grievable mistake with not telling Obi-wan how they truly feel about him. Why can't they just give him the encouragement and love that he needs! Gah! Aha. Love the angst.

Great chapter! Thank you so much for the update and the PM! I can't wait for more! I hope Obi-wan doesn't cause himself too much self-inflicted harm!

15. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Poor Obi-Wan! First Bruck and then Siri; he really needs someone on his side as well as a few hugs. [:D]

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Come here, Obi, let me give you [:D] [:D] Feel better now? I bet our evil Gilkenny will let you suffer for a number of chapters before all is well.

17. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh Obi!

[:D] [:D] [:D]

Even Siri isn't giving him a break [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

I certainly hope he is able to focus more on his training and less on everything he did wrong.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    yep good one. Add me to your pm list

19. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Poor kid. He probably thinks everyone is against him, especially after Siri. At least he stood up to Bruck and acted with calm. I just hope he doesn't do something stupid like run away.

Good job.

20. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Yay an update[face_dancing]

Oh no doubt in my mind there's gonna be a lot of Obi angst... u just love to torture him and us :p ;)

Poor Obi Wan :(

One of the boys, Bruck Chun, was just a week away from going back to Telos with his Father, there had not been a Master for him, and he had elected to return home to his family.
    Ugh! Bruck is back :mad:

And then he gets a mouthfull from Siri (well that's nothing new [face_laugh])

Hang in there Obi! ur not as alone as u think u r [:D] ... Qui Gon better clean up his act soon, before i have to kick his butt [face_beatup] [face_laugh]

Thanks for the pm :D [face_peace]

21. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

jedidas3 Thanks, :* and I do believe Obi needs several hugs, you can stand behind me in line.:D

I can think of plenty of angst for Obi[face_worried]

earlybird-obi-wan thank you for reading [:D]
    Obi is alone and will be for some time.:_|

Cole_Kenobi Thanks [face_dancing] Bruck is always a thorn in Obi?s side, but not for long.o_O

I wasn?t sure about him having the apartment, nevertheless it serves its purpose for the story, and after all he is a Jedi and should be used to being alone.

Cole_Kenobi wrote
    Anyhoo, I wonder what the Council's purpose is in this action.

The council want Qui-Gon to feel ashamed that he did not want Obi around.[face_shame_on_you]

More angst coming :D

bek [:D] You are so right it seems like no one is on his side YET.;)

Valairy_Scot Thanks for the vote of confidence :cool: I can be evil for a long time or a short time.[face_thinking]

Time will tell.[face_mischief]

KELIA Thanks [:D] and I am happy to add you to the PM list.

JediKaren
    Glad your enjoying it :D I will add you too.[face_dancing]

dianethx Thank you.[:D] For now he is alone. Yet he probably won?t do too many things stupid.;)

VelozThank you
    u just love to torture him and us
    You are sooooo right I love Obi angst.[face_mischief]
    Ugh! Bruck is back :p Not for long I can assure you.[face_thinking]

I could lend you my bat to hit Qui-Gon with.[face_beatup]

22. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

He stared at Siri as she walked away, and waited until she entered the dining hall, and then he slowly continued towards the room. He filled his tray with food, and he glanced around, feeling self-conscious. It appeared that every eye in the room was on him. He saw Bant wave him over to their table; he didn?t really want to go over there, but he knew she would chase after him and insist. Therefore, Obi-Wan walked quickly to the table, he hesitated when he saw Siri sitting next to Bant. He did not want to start an argument, and he knew she had spoken the truth, and it made him ashamed. He wondered if it would be best if he did not embarrass them by sitting with them.

However, Bant stood up and indicated, ?Here, sit here Obi?

Garen also stood up, ?Hi Obi, it is good to see you?

Obi-Wan smiled and thought How did I get such good friends as Bant and Garen. I really do not deserve their friendship

There was a spare seat opposite Garen, and another spare seat opposite Siri. Obi thought better of sitting right opposite her, and so he sat down opposite Garen. ?Thanks? he said quietly not really looking at them.

?Are you all-right Obi-Wan?? Bant asked, concern lacing her voice.

?Yes I?m fine?

?What did the Council say, about ?. Well you know - ?leaving Qui-Gon.? Garen asked quietly.

?I have been put on probation, and they are going to call me to the Chambers soon to discuss my penalty?

?What about Master Jinn! After all it was mostly his fault!? Bant growled.

?Yeah? Garen agreed.

Siri looked up at her words, and Obi-Wan could tell she was getting annoyed with Bant. He didn?t want a fight to start over him and Qui-Gon.

?Please Bant don?t? it wasn?t Master Jinn?s fault, it was mine, I sent him away. I was the one who wanted to stay on Melida/Daan?

?Obi-Wan you know as well as I do that if he had treated you better, you wouldn?t have left him!? Bant exclaimed.

Obi-Wan couldn?t talk her out of her condemnation of Qui-Gon, no matter how he tried to change the subject. Bant was like a Krayt Dragon out after blood, and she wanted everyone else to know that it wasn?t Obi-Wan?s fault that he left.

Obi-Wan had told her of his rocky start with Qui-Gon, and how the Master was very distant and cold towards him. He would compare Obi-Wan to his former apprentice Xanatos all the time. He even hinted that Obi-Wan would turn out just like him. Obi-Wan even told her about Qui-Gon?s refusal to open up and bond with him. Obi-Wan?s side of their bond had been striving to form into a solid foundation. However, a solid wall of regret and blame on Qui-Gon?s side was blocking it.
    Obi-Wan could not help but hear Bant defending him, and he felt sick. Obi-Wan?s headache distracted him from the conversation, and although he had been relatively successful in pushing the dull ache of the severed bond to the back of his conscious thought, now with Bant discussing Qui-Gon, pain flared just behind his eyes.

The pain seemed to be getting worse, the previous time, pain had erupted in his head, was just before they landed on Corruscant. Obi-Wan pulled out his river stone, which Qui-Gon had given him for his birthday. It seemed to dull the pain. Obi-Wan hoped it would work again, and so he unclipped his safety pouch where he kept the stone, and held it tight in his hand. Bant was continuing to tell Siri about what a mean Master Qui-Gon was. Obi-Wan blocked the sound out, and he tried to concentrate on his stone, squeezing it tighter.

Abruptly, Bruck Chun plonked him self down next to Obi-Wan. ?Give it a rest Bant, you cannot convince me or Siri that Qui-Gon was anything but a good Master. It?s just that Obi-Wan wasn?t good enough for him, right Oafy-wan??

Siri glared at Bruck, she may have been angry at Obi-Wan; however, she did not like Bruck at all. ?Mind your own business Bruck!? Siri snapped.

?What! Don?t tell me you believe that trifle Bant is telling you?? Bruck sneered.

?It is none of your business what I believe! But one thing is for sure, I don?t believe anything you might tel

23. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    :_| I kind of feel sorry for both Obi and Qui-Gon. They just need to communicate with each other. Here's a hug for both of them! [:D]

24. REALbluelightsaber

REALbluelightsaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    Of course Bruck has to go and mess things up even more! Poor Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon's rejection had little to do with him, I think. Qui-Gon didn't want to set himself up again to be hurt, he didn't want to care so he took the first opportunity to reject Obi-Wan. The kid made a mistake, everyone makes mistakes. Yes, it wasn't a little mistake, but a mistake as it is. And Obi-Wan is only thirteen! Does he expect a thirteen year old not make any errors in judgement?

Great story! Can't wait for more!

~Lexie Kenobi

25. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    The stone had been in Qui-Gon?s possession for twenty years, ever since his first mission as a Knight. Obi-Wan said he loved it, and would keep it with him forever. It hurt Qui-Gon to think Obi-Wan would give the stone away. It was another falsehood committed by Obi-Wan, which further aggravated Qui-Gon. How was it that both his apprentices could blatantly lie to him?

Qui-Gon's going to be feeling mighty foolish when he learns the truth: Obi-Wan lost his precious stone.

I hope Garen learns where the stone went and explains to Qui-Gon that Bruck is a liar and has only ever been out to hurt Obi-Wan. :(

Another wonderful addition to an already great story! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.