main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends All masters tell you, a vignette for the PT rewrite contest.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    All masters tell you
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Yoda, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon
    Genre: challenge vignette
    Keywords: dreams
    Summary: Yoda and Qui-Gon tell Obi-Wan: dreams pass in time.

Yoda was sitting on the nightstand in the room for the three year old boys and watching the little initiate tossing and turning around on his couch. Obi-Wan was dreaming and Yoda had sensed his dreams when he was coming into the crèche. They were about the future like so many dreams of him. This time he woke up before Yoda had time to soothe him.

Frightened cerulean blue eyes opened and were filling with tears immediately.

Yoda said ?Obi-Wan dreaming you are??

Obi-Wan said with a sobbing voice ?baad mastuh Yoda. I was levving fow agwicowps. Bwuck was angwy. Mastuh Vant was angwy too.?

Yoda said ?dreams pass in time little one?

Obi-Wan asked ?do dweams do that??

Yoda said with an assuring voice ?dreams pass in time.?

---

Qui-Gon was sitting next to his 18 year old padawan. He had covered the sleeping young man with the large fluffy blue comforter and watched him.
    He thought about what had happened the last days and the afternoon.

Obi-Wan had been on a short rescue mission accompanying two Jediknights and came back injured. He had to stay one night in the healer?s ward. No arguing from him or Obi-Wan about healing faster in his own apartment had convinced healer Aaqu and he had given them a look that allowed no comment.

Noontime came and Obi-Wan was released from the healers. A debriefing at the council followed and an afternoon spending with his master, half lying on the couch and watching holovids.

He had gone to the fast food restaurant in the basement of the Jeditemple and ordered a pizza. When he returned Obi-Wan was sitting sleepy eyed at the kitchen table and Obi-Wan was able to eat one slice before he ordered him to his bed.

He had helped him dress in his nightshirt because Master Aaqu Maerhin had ordered Obi-Wan to take it easy for more days and he had replaced the sling.

Obi-Wan fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

Qui-Gon saw Obi-Wan tossing and turning his head and when he tried to soothe him two frightened cerulean blue eyes opened.

Obi-Wan said with a sobbing voice ?you are here in the temple.?

Qui-Gon said ?as I am always with you Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan said ?in my dream you were gone. I was all alone and sitting in a cold room.?

Qui-Gon said ?dreams pass in time little one.?

Obi-Wan said ?do they??

Qui-Gon said ?sure. Master Yoda has told me that every time I had a bad dream.?

Obi-Wan recalled his memories from his youth and said ?and he has told me that many times when I awoke from a bad dream. Only a few of those dreams have come true.?

Qui-Gon said ?sure but most dreams are just that: dreams. Generally speaking we can say; dreams pass in time.?

Fin.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A lovely response to the challenge. =D= :)

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Interesting rewrite.[face_dancing]

I liked the way you wrote about Bruck, the
    agricorps and Docant Vant.
    It sounds like Obi-Wans dreams do pass in
    time, however they become reality.

Wonderful writing.=D=

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was very sweet.

I love that Yoda would go into the crèche and sooth whomever was having a bad dream

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great reply to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Oh, this was great! I was curious to as how Obi-wan could possibly come up with his "dreams pass in time" saying. Loved it. Superb job! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.