main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Secret Lives of Jedi - A Gift for Quigonjecca! - Author Replies and Updated 12/27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The Musical Jedi, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Title: The Secret Lives of Jedi
    Author: The Musical Jedi
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Notes: Written for the Gift Exchange for Quigonjecca. Her request:

1. Qui-Gon still being alive
    2. Qui-Gon and Ani playing a prank on Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon and Ani find extremely funny
    3. Anakin's first lifeday at the Temple

The characters I would like included include (but are not limited to) Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Anakin Skywalker.

---

A quiet evening, Qui-Gon thought with relish, is something that I don?t indulge in often enough. With an uncharacteristic sigh of contentment, the Jedi Master settled onto the worn couch in his sitting room, a cup of Dejavaric tea balanced on a saucer in one hand, and a reader with the latest story from the Rogue Jedi Knights! series in the other.

It was then a chime sounded throughout his quarters, announcing a visitor.

Grumbling quietly to himself a few choice Corellian phrases, Qui-Gon deposited his tea and reader on the end table, stalked across the room, and angrily palmed open the door, reflecting not for the first time how much more effective flinging open an old fashioned door would be.

Anakin stood in the doorway looking uncertain as Qui-Gon?s expression suddenly shifted from thunderous to something more inviting. ?M-master Qui-Gon?? he asked, blue eyes wide with concern.

?Anakin! Come in! I was just wishing I had someone to spend the evening with,? Qui-Gon replied, ushering the young Padawan. ?Would you like some tea??

Anakin shook his head slowly, moving into Qui-Gon?s sitting room. The boy looked concern, a shadown crossing his normally exuberant face. The older Jedi herded Anakin over to the couch, where he stashed his reader in a drawer in the end table. Anakin sat himself on the couch and curled up, peering over his knees at the Rogue.

Qui-Gon studied him for a moment as he reached for his tea before Anakin, biting his lip, asked, ?Qui-Gon, has Obi-Wan ever had any fun??

Sputtering on his tea, Qui-Gon broke into coughing, and it took him a few minutes before he managed to completely clear his trachea of the offending liquid. ?While I admit Obi-Wan tends to be rather serious, he does subscribe to his own unique brand of amusement.?

?But not like a normal person?

Qui-Gon smiled kindly. ?It depends on what you mean, Anakin. What?s troubling you??

Anakin began to clean his nails, hesitating to meet the older man?s gaze. ?Well, my first Life Day here at the Temple is coming up, and Master Obi-Wan mentioned doing something special because I?ve been having problems adjusting to my new life.? He paused, biting his lip again. ?I know I?m not supposed to want to, but I was hoping maybe I could see Mom,? he finished in a small voice, peeking up at Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon took a long draught from his tea then set the cup on its saucer. He then turned to regard Anakin. ?I think you already have your answer, Ani,? he replied gently. ?If you know you?re not supposed to, then why are you asking??

Anakin placed his head on his knees, his eyes dropping to his feet. ?I ? I guess I didn?t realize it would be so hard, going from being a slave to being a Padawan. I haven?t made many friends, and I was just thinking ? well, hoping ? that?? His shoulders lifted briefly, finishing his sentence for him.

Reaching over to place a hand on Anakin?s shoulder, Qui-Gon waited until the Padawan looked up at him. ?I know that this is difficult for you. Becoming a Jedi is a long, painful road with many sacrifices. But you must learn to shoulder your responsibilities and let go of the things that you want ? that you think you need ? to reach your full potential.? Wordlessly, Anakin nodded, his eyes shifting away again, and Qui-Gon saw the sheen of tears in them. ?What does this have to do with Obi-Wan having fun??

?Well, I asked him about Mom, and he lectured me about duty and putting aside emotion. I just wondered,? a small smile twitched at the corner of An

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I?ll take Obi-Wan?s katas over Yoda?s biker bars any day.

:eek: *pictures Yoda in a Harley jacket and sporting a heart tattoo that says 'Mom'* [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    ?I was thinking maybe you wanted to get some balance practice in before dinner,? Obi-Wan said. Qui-Gon could hear the coax in the Jedi Knight?s voice; in his own way, Obi-Wan was trying to make up for his earlier lecture. On the other hand, judging from the look on Anakin?s face, he could tell what it sounded like to Anakin: if you?re a good little Padawan and do your katas, you can have dessert tonight. Did I ever sound like that? the older man wondered.

Anakin glanced at Qui-Gon, and the Jedi Master could see the shift in his face as he thought about reaching his full potential versus what he really wanted to do. ?Could we work with the practice lightsabers afterwards?? Anakin asked, looking hopeful at what he considered a compromise.

?Perhaps,? Obi-Wan replied, favoring Anakin with a smile. Anakin, however, clearly thought the odds were as good as an intergalactic ice-carving contest being held on Tatooine.

ROFL. THis was the best part of the spot-on characterization. Poor little fellows.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Qui-Gon resumed his place on his couch. Of course, there are worse things, he mused as he pulled out his reader. I?ll take Obi-Wan?s katas over Yoda?s biker bars any day.

First... Put me on your PM list! [face_praying] Please. [face_batting]

Second... I love it! [face_love] [face_dancing]

I can't wait for more! :D

=D=

5. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Oh I love it! [face_love] Thank you so much for this wonderful gift! [:D] It's just what I was looking for! I can't wait to see where you go with this, and, would you mind PMing me when you update?

Thank you Musical Jedi! Merry Christmas!

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I forgot to ask for PM updates, so, here I am, asking, may I be on your PM list, please? :D

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, great story beginning. Please PM me, please. I want to see where this is going.

8. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Ahaha. This is great! Loving it so far! Can't wait for more! PM list please! Thanks!

9. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Loving this so far, I also would like to be added to the pm list if you have one. Great start!

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oooohhh very nice beginning

?Qui-Gon, has Obi-Wan ever had any fun??

I've often wondered that myself :p

I look forward to seeing what prank Qui-Gon comes up with

Can you please PM me when you update? [face_praying]

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Alexis_Wingstar - [face_mischief] The little green guy has to have fun somehow...

Ish - Glad the characterization rang true. I think these three would have been the bane of the Council's existence. :p

MamaV - Glad you like! There will be more soon... Very soon. :D

Quigonjecca - Merry Christmas to you too! I'm glad you're enjoying your gift. :D [:D]

Valairy_Scot - It's always good when the first post isn't a snoozer. :p

Cole_Kenobi - I hope those were chuckles. ;) More you say? I think I can do that. :)

LilyHobbitJedi - I'm glad you're enjoying it!

KELIA - I think Obi-Wan could stand to relax a little - it must be tiring to be Super Jedi all the time. :p

----

PM List

VaderLVR64
    Quigonjecca
    Alexis_Wingstar
    Valairy_Scot
    Cole_Kenobi
    LilyHobbitJedi
    KELIA

Please let me know if you would like on or off this list.

12. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    A/N: Just for your reference, I think I have about 2 or 3 more posts left to go

EDIT: And if anyone could point me towards Lazy's Mass PM thing, I'd appreciate it. [face_blush]

---

Later that night, Anakin lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. He estimated that he had been in bed about an hour and a half, yet there was no feeling of impending drowsiness. The Padawan could feel the beginnings of desperation spread through him ? he knew that if he didn?t get to sleep, he would be tired in the morning, making for a bad day. However, that thought only worked him up more, making it even more impossible for him to fall asleep. It wasn?t even as though he wasn?t tired; Obi-Wan?s katas had dragged on practically forever, and unexpectedly he?d been willing to work with Anakin with the practice sabers afterwards. Dinner had been followed by meditation, at which point Anakin had been drowsy, followed by bed.

Anakin rolled over, still unused to the soft sheets and heavy blankets that covered his bed even after four months in the Temple. He had been surprised to discover that he actually missed the light, rough blankets that covered and softened his pallet back in the hovel on Tatooine. Back home, he mentally amended. He pictured his mother, quietly humming to herself as she moved about the small dwelling, always keeping it tidy. Anakin knew that it was at best modest by galactic standards, but to him it had been enough. The air had always smelled sweet from his mother?s cooking, the furnishings well-worn and comfortable, and the atmosphere was loving, warm, and complete.

In contrast, the Temple seemed cold and unyielding. Nothing seemed cozy and homey. The other initiates and Padawans Anakin had classes with were aloof and unfriendly. He had no doubts that he was an outsider to them ? raised in another world with no right to the one in which he now dwelled. Anakin felt like an outcast, but even that didn?t accurately describe his treatment. To be an outcast, the others would at least have to admit to his existence. The others behaved as if he simply didn?t even exist. Not even worthy of acknowledgement, let alone any form of acceptance. Anakin liked to think that he could deal with malevolent treatment ? one didn?t spend much time as a slave without learning to defend oneself.

If only Mom were here.

Anakin balled up his fists then threw the covers off his bed. Rummaging through his closet, he found a relatively clean tunic and pair of leggings and pulled them on. As he put on his boots, he thought about what Qui-Gon had said earlier. ?If I can?t focus on what I can?t have,? he said quietly to himself, ?then I?ll focus on something else.? Biting his lip, the picture of his mom coming to the Temple sprang to mind. At least, while I can.

Anakin crept out into the hall between his room and Obi-Wan?s. From his Master?s bedroom, he could hear the gentle rumblings of Obi-Wan?s breathing. The sound always reminded him of the dry thunderstorms that sometimes swept over the surface of Tatooine, a low, throaty, primordial sound that had always fascinated him. The sound, as it often did, now brought Anakin comfort; in this case, it meant that Obi-Wan was unlikely to wake up, short of a threat to his person.

Palming the door to their shared quarters open, Anakin glanced in the hall before stepping out. While he technically wasn?t breaking any rules, as there were no formal curfews or forbidden times for Jedi to be out and about, the Padawan was fairly sure this could be categorized under ?Disobedience to One?s Master? or some other lofty umbrella-like rule. It never occurred to Anakin that Obi-Wan might genuinely be concerned if he were to wake up and find his Padawan was missing.

Anakin moved sure-footedly through the dark hallways, making his way towards the industrial portion of the Temple. Because the Temple was, for all practical purposes, a self-contained city, it had its own limited manufacturing and industrial areas dedicated to the upkeep of the Temple itsel

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    And since it?s not Force-sensitive, Obi-Wan won?t be able to sense it following him. He could show the footage to Qui-Gon at dinner tomorrow night. That could at least shed some light on his Master.

Slipping the droid inside his tunic, Anakin walked back to his shared quarters, beginning to feel the edges of sleep crowding in on him. A sense of satisfaction accompanied it. Once in his room, he hid the small droid in his closet, stripped down, and curled up in his soft, pleasantly cool bed.

I really hope Obi-Wan isn?t that boring, was the last thought he had before he fell asleep.

Oh, oh,:oops: I see embarrassment ahead. [face_shame_on_you]

But hopefully much merriment for the readers.

Great update. Poor Ani.

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
  15. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    This is just getting better and better! Poor Obi! Who knows what Anakin will get recorded?

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    The program was fairly simple, although Anakin was very proud of the idea. The droid, when he first turned it on after setting it up, would be imprinted to the first thing it would see. The droid would then follow that object ? or, in this case, a person ? recording it. However, it would use its AI chip to stay out of view. Because the droid wasn?t even big enough to span the entire palm of Anakin?s hand, the Padawan figured it wouldn?t be noticed. A grin crossed his face. And since it?s not Force-sensitive, Obi-Wan won?t be able to sense it following him. He could show the footage to Qui-Gon at dinner tomorrow night. That could at least shed some light on his Master.

Slipping the droid inside his tunic, Anakin walked back to his shared quarters, beginning to feel the edges of sleep crowding in on him. A sense of satisfaction accompanied it. Once in his room, he hid the small droid in his closet, stripped down, and curled up in his soft, pleasantly cool bed.

I really hope Obi-Wan isn?t that boring, was the last thought he had before he fell asleep.

Anakin is too smart for his own good! [face_laugh]

I'm loving this story! =D=

17. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ani, Ani, Ani

I have a bad feeling about this!

I really hope Obi-Wan isn?t that boring

but what if he is? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Oh, gosh, this can't be good! Anakin, the mischeivous one. Aha. I can see Quigong telling him, "Now Anakin, it is unJedi like to spy on fellow Jedi...but sense it's Obi-wan..." *sits down and watches recording*. lol Aha. Both Anakin and Qui-gon "Oh.." lol

Can't wait for more! Thanks bunches for the PM! :D

19. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Why do I get the feeling that this plan might come back to haunt Anakin?

I can't wait to see what happens next. Great update, thanks for the pm! =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.