main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Just a Simple Twist (AU Episode I) Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme, Siri, Mace

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZaraValinor, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    It was late, the twin suns of Tatooine having long since sunk below the horizon and the air was beginning to chill in the suns? absence. The only sound was the hum of speeder repulsors as it barreled down the endless seas of sand. Most beings were asleep, others, mainly those in the spaceport cities, were cradling colorful drink or colorful women.

Ben Kenobi, however, was the one in the speeder, searching for that bright glimmer that represented Anakin Skywalker in the Force. The boy had a penchant for disappearing without a word to Shmi or Ben, and it was giving the former Jedi a certain localized pain in his frontal lobe.

He had given Anakin several hours past his expected time of return and had decided that it was time to go find the recalcitrant boy, especially if he hoped to get any sleep tonight before waking early to start working on the condensers for the vaporator. Anakin so rarely thought beyond the moment, never realized that if he was missing others would have to come looking for them. Of course, Anakin would notice when there was no water in the morning.

Ben let out a sigh of relief when he saw a red glow in the distance and felt Anakin?s presence in its vicinity. At least, the boy knew to start a fire and keep himself from the night cold. But it wasn?t the cold Ben was worried about. Tusken Raiders were particularly vicious creatures and would have no moral pause in killing a nine-year-old boy and taking the parts inside Anakin?s little grav sled.

Anakin was there to meet him as he brought the sandspeeder to a stop. He leapt out, trying to do his best not to smile and the chagrined features of the small boy. Despite Anakin?s abundance of youth, and most likely because of it, Ben couldn?t help but acknowledge he cared for the boy deeply.

He crossed his arms over his chest. ?Anakin, what have I told you...?

?I know, I know. I?m not supposed to be out at night,? the boy said on a disgruntled sigh. ?Gee, Ben, why do you have to be such a stiff tunic??

?Maybe I wouldn?t have to be if you listened to a single thing I or your mother said.? Ben frowned, as Anakin kicked at the dust.

?I listen.?

The corner of Ben?s mouth twitched, almost smiling. He found he guarded his feelings less here on this simple planet than he had in his previous life. ?Yes, you?re quite right, I do believe the problem rests in comprehension. I do believe you are one Tusken short of a tribe, my young friend.?

?Hey,? Anakin grunted and made to tackle Ben. A move that was deftly sidestepped by the older man. At least not all of his Jedi training had faded away.

Anakin quickly found himself hanging upside down and staring at Ben?s knees. He did his best to glare up at the man who had a hold of his ankles. ?Ben, this isn?t fair.?

?I know. I should be sleeping right now.?

?Ah, come on, Ben. Please let me down.?

?Not until I decide on your punishment,? Ben said.

?You aren?t my father.? Anakin began to squirm, hoping to jostle Ben?s hold.

?Hm, yes, that is true. But your mother offered her gratitude when I told her I would go looking for you. She said the decision was mine. I think first, I shall have you fix the condenser on the vaporator.?

Anakin snorted. ?Easy as pouring Bantha milk.?

?And then you will clean out the eeopie corral,? Ben added.

There was a moments pause. ?You wouldn?t.?

?I haven?t finished. You will clean up our corral as well as the Darklighter?s and the Lars??

The young boy in Ben?s grasp groaned. ?You?re as sneaky and two-faced as a Bothan.?

Ben?s mouth quirked once again. ?And where have you learned about Bothan?s??

Too late, Anakin realized he?d been caught in another thing he wasn?t supposed to do. The spaceport cantinas were meant to be off limits to the nine-year-old. ?Kitster,? he lied unconvincingly.

?Well, for now, I choose to ignore that. But expect it to come up with your mother in the future should the problem continue to exist.?

?Fine,? the boy pouted. ?Can you put me down now??

Ben was

2. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Very intriguing. I can't wait for the back story and the plot to come. Hrm. Who's on the ship? From your header, I'm guessing Qui-Gon and Padme. How will the circumstances change everything?

I'm in! Sign me up for the PM list, please, if you will be doing one.

3. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Hee hee hee, I like your interpretation of Anakin in this. He's not quite so much the innocent little angel as portrayed in the film. He's more feisty, more disobedient.

Tugging at his tunic, Anakin glared up at him. ?One day, I?m going to be taller than you.?
    ?And I hope by that time, I won?t find it nearly as amusing to hang you by your feet.?

[face_laugh] Loved that bit.

I'll just assume that I'm supposed to be confused at this point. I haven't watched TPM in a while, but I'm pretty sure Obi wasn't on Tatooine with Anakin and Shmi as a slave. o_O

Wonderful writing; I loved the Obi/Ani conversation. *raises hand* PM list!

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    The interaction between the two just flows so easily. Lovely. If you do PM lists, would you add me?

5. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002

Thanks. Back story will be coming and the passengers of the ship will be next. I'll put you on the list.

Yeah, Anakin's relationship with Obi-Wan is very different. He's grown up with him, so he's not afraid of being himself.

Thanks, I will put you on the list.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! So glad I found it. :)

As night fell away to day, a startship landed on the outskirts of town.

This ending was simply perfect. =D=

7. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Ooh, very intriguing! I'm very interested to learn how Obi-Wan ended up on Tatooine before Anakin was even born. Is he a slave as well?

Great start, Zara! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.