main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Ressurection (Qui-Gon and the Force, several months after Xani's betrayal)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SUGARBANTJINN, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUGARBANTJINN

SUGARBANTJINN Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2007
    Resurrection
    By SugarBant Jinn(1-27-07)

Disclaimer: All of StarWarsdom belongs to George Lucas, and this story is written purely for love. The song lyrics belong to CCM band Selah.
    Rating:G
    Genre:Angst, drama, h/c
    Summary: Qui-Gon feels a prodding from the Force one night, and meets a very special boy.

Here I am, at the end,
    I?m in need of resurrection,
    Only You can take this empty shell
    And raise it from the dead!
    What I?ve lost to the world,
    What seems far beyond redemption
    You can take the pieces in Your hand
    And make me whole again!
    ~Resurrection, by Selah

?For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.? Jeremiah 29:11
    ~~~~

Qui-Gon Jinn was restless. Again.
    Ever since his mission to Telos, 9 months ago, he?d been plagued with guilt, desperation, and discontent. And when he did sleep, he had nightmares. He would see the flames again. The evil glare in those midnight blue eyes. The broken circle, burned forever as a scar on Xanatos? cheek, a malicious reminder of his Master?s failure. He would feel again the betrayal and hatred, like a stab to his heart, as painful and searing as a fresh wound.
    Rising from his bed, Qui-Gon pulled a tunic over his head and settled in the middle of the floor. It had become almost a habit now, rising in the middle of the night from sleeplessness, or restless sleep, and meditate.
    Closing his eyes, he sought the peace and calm that the Force offered. These late night meditations were a form of therapy, a cooling salve for an aching and fevered soul. It was times like these that kept him going. He drew sustenance from his regular communion with the Force. And it had helped. His depression wasn?t as deep as it had been 9 months ago, when the blow was first inflicted. But he was still a recluse ? if not physically, then mentally. He still went on missions for the Council, but otherwise rarely ventured out of his quarters. He no longer socialized with friends, or went to the training rooms to practice with his lightsaber. Instead, he ate in his quarters. He meditated and exercised in an empty room in his apartments that was set apart for such activities.
    Taking a deep breath to help clear his troubled mind, he opened himself to the Force.
    //Beloved, go and walk in the gardens; drink in the color of the plants. Feel the mist of the waterfalls on your skin. Visit the crèche, and look upon my youngest disciples; feel the contained energy, and desire to know Me. Absorb their zest for life!
    You have been locked away for too long, my child, nursing your dead soul, ignoring the life and joy around you. You have deprived yourself of all I have in store for you, for too long, my son.\ Qui-Gon?s eyes snapped open. Never before had he heard the Force speak so clearly! The power of it was strong beyond compare, yet gentle, like the hands of a mother cradling her infant.
    Without hesitation, he rose and headed for the lift tube, riding it down to the Crèche level. There was a meditation garden not far from the youngling?s sleeping quarters.
    He stopped once he stepped inside, taking in his surroundings. The artificial sky was black, dusted with a myriad of imitation stars, each in its? correct position for the particular season. The vegetation swayed gently in the soft breeze created by hidden vents all over the room.
    He took a deep breath, savoring the earthen scent. He hadn?t realized until now how much he missed this. He heard the sound of rushing water, and followed it to a small waterfall. The water made a musical sound as it flowed over the smooth stones, feeding a deep blue pool.
    Forsaking the bench that was conveniently placed nearby, he sat on the grass, on the very bank of the pool, letting the spray mist on his skin. He closed his eyes, let himself feel the living Force that teemed around him in the rustling plants, the moving water, the grass beneath him. He welcomed it like a long lost friend.
    He spent per

2. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Mmmmm, I still really like this. When you first showed it to me I just sat there for a bit, letting it sink in, and I did that the second time reading it. :) I love how you conveyed Qui-Gon's pain, and how the Force spoke. Tis a great thing, being able to write something like that, and have a really great Bible verse that goes along with it. ;)

Good job, Bant! [:D]

~Silverfighter

3. SUGARBANTJINN

Apr 12, 2007
    aw, thanks, silver! I'm pretty proud of this one myself. It's the first fanfic I've ever completed! :p

4. XANl

XANl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    that was a nice start. I like the calm way Jinn reassured obi wan.
    The descriptions of Jinn in the creche was great.
    The way the child seemed so small curled in his arms,
    make Jinn seem so big,
    [face_blush] seem like though the eyes of the child.

5. SUGARBANTJINN

Apr 12, 2007
    thanks! that's what I was shooting for - glad to see I succeeded! :p

6. SUGARBANTJINN

Apr 12, 2007
    OK, I've got a sort of Sequal to this story, but I'm not sure if I want to post it or not...I thought I'd take a vote from my readers. (It's not completely finished, but if I get enough of a response, I'll finish it!)

7. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    This was so beautiful! It had a kind of mystical, dream-like feel to it. It was wonderful to see the lesson that the Force taught Qui-Gon both directly, and indirectly through the troubled child (who I suspect is Obi-Wan).

You wrote this very well. =D= Marvelous work, I really, really liked this one. I saw you posted the sequal, and I'm straight off to read it! [face_dancing]

8. SUGARBANTJINN

Apr 12, 2007
    aw, thanks, Meredith_Kenobi! I'm glad you liked it!

9. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was a good story about Qui-Gon's growth as a Jedi and how he had to learn to let go. The little Obi-Wan was really cute, too.

One suggestion I'd make is to put spaces between your paragraphs. It makes it much easier to read. I know a lot of people will skip stories if they aren't formatted with that kind of spacing.

Otherwise, very good job.

10. SUGARBANTJINN

Apr 12, 2007
    thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.