main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Memory's Betrayal (Qui and Obi, H/C, angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by maychorian, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    So, yes, I'm sort of back. I guess. Sorry it's been so long.

I cannot be bothered to split this up into more than one post, so it's kind of long. There will be a part two at some point. Possibly a part three. Thanks for reading!

Memory's Betrayal

Qui-Gon pressed against the jailer?s mind, bringing his will to bear subtly but forcefully. Fortunately, the man had no strong feelings about this simple choice, so it was not hard to plant the suggestion. Qui-Gon felt the jailer?s mind accept the thought as his own.

Cell 35B. That?ll do. Put the big Jedi in 35B.

The jailer?Qui-Gon had not troubled to learn his name?led him down the third corridor, to the fifth cell on the left. The Jedi Master smiled grimly. Obi-Wan?s cell. How much trouble and time it had cost him to learn those two digits and the single letter, to plan a rescue that would never happen, now.

All would be left to the turgid machinations of politics, despite the master?s pleas that he be allowed to get his Padawan out by any means necessary, including a jailbreak, including even violence. His heart had cried so loudly, knowing that his student was suffering, certain that it had already been far too long. But the Jedi Council said no. The Senate said no. They all said no. They could not risk the delicate negotiations still in progress with this world, not for the sake of one adolescent boy.

Qui-Gon?s smile grew bitter at the recollection. Yes, it was so important to bring this world, Cor Manai, into the union of the Republic, this world whose laws were unjustly rigid, this world that had allowed the arrest and imprisonment of a young boy because he spoke too loud in protest at mistreatment he had witnessed. Mistreatment that had been dealt out by an officer of these same unjust laws. Laws that censured the rebuke of its officers, and levied terrible penalties for the crime of speaking against them.

So Obi-Wan had been taken away in front of Qui-Gon?s mute and astonished eyes, a mere hour after they landed on this fog-drenched planet. As all reports had indicated, Cor Manai was peaceful, prosperous, and nearly devoid of crime. But at what cost? Qui-Gon no longer believed that this place was worth bringing into the Republic, but again, the Senate had disregarded his advice, believing it to be the hysterical ranting of a man made distraught by loss.

Well, and so he was. Distraught, but not hysterical. Carefully and quietly, he had researched the many laws of Cor Manai. Carefully and quietly, he had planned the perfect crime, one serious enough to cause his incarceration in the same prison Obi-Wan had been taken to, but not severe enough to incur worse penalties. And then he had committed the crime, in full view of an officer of the law. His plan had succeeded admirably, and here he was, arrested and sentenced within the same day, and in moments he would finally see his Padawan again.

How long had it been? Weeks. Too many of them.

The jailer?s large leather boots tramped against the stone-block floor as he stepped in front of the cell door, a very high-tech metal affair that appeared strangely out of keeping with the primitive stone walls around it. The man took a card from his belt, pressing his thumb against a certain place, and swiped it through the lock beside the door. The metal slab swung ajar, and the jailer took Qui-Gon?s arm to lead him through it.

Qui-Gon stepped willing toward the cell, but then turned and held out his manacled wrists. He captured the man?s gaze and pressed down again, even more forcefully, not taking as much care to be subtle. He wouldn?t be much good to Obi-Wan if he couldn?t even use his hands, and that was the only reason he had come.

The jailer?s will resisted this one a little more strongly, but again, Qui-Gon?s offense hadn?t been all that severe. Not enough to merit the kind of treatment that Qui-Gon knew his Padawan had received. After a moment the jailer retrieved the small, shiny key from his belt and released Qui-Gon?s hands, pushing him backward into the cell as he di

2. micky-nikki

micky-nikki Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2005
    Wow! It's great to see you back on the boards maychorian! This is a really good start, I can't wait to see more!

Welcome back!

3. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that was so adorably sweet that Qui-Gon would make the determination to start over and have a fresh chance. And how typical of him to come up with something that would get him arrested and put in the same prison ;) Quite clever ;)

It's so good to see you back!

4. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Wow! This is a pretty awesome start! Ahah. I love Qui-gon's cleverness, and his caring and loving side. Poor Obi, at least his master is there with him now.

Alas, I think Qui-gon believes his been given a second chance but I'm weary of what Obi-wan will think when or if he ever regains all his memory.

Oh, I can't wait to find out what happens! Please add me to your PM list. Thank you.

5. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    great start! Please keep going!

6. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    You're back! *is excited* That was an awesome new story! I love how you write the interaction between Qui and Obi. Please continue! :)

7. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Hi there, it seems to be a time for returns.[face_dancing]
    Welcome back, [:D] and what a story to come back with.
    I love it when Qui-gon gets a second chance, and I like the mush.
    :cool:
    However, they are still in prison and I worry that their stay is not over yet.[face_worried]
    May I be added to your PM list:D

8. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Oooooh this is GOOD!

Please put me on PM list if you intend to make one.

I just loved this:
    ...he was already removing it before he knelt in the corner beside his boy.

'his boy' ... yup, says it all.

Lovely writing from start to finish

9. Nimloth

Nimloth Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2007
    Wonderful story!=D=

I absolutely hope for you to continue it!:)

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great to see you back again and writing Qui/Obi stories. Loved it!

This confident boy, so peaceful and content and at ease with himself and his master . . . this precious, beautiful boy did not exist in the world Qui-Gon knew, because he possessed those memories of rejection. That was the origin of Obi-Wan's hesitance and caution, his constant push for perfection. It all came from the ill Qui-Gon had done him.

The ache in Qui-Gon's heart sharpened, intensified. He had done that. It had been almost two years, and still the boy had not recovered. Perhaps he never would have, without this loss of memory.

So, yes, Qui-Gon had been sorry that Obi-Wan had lost those two years they had shared together. But not any longer, not with these new realizations. Better to forget all of the good they had shared, if the erasure of it also meant the forgetting of those first few weeks.

Suddenly, the master's heart was light. He had been given a second chance, a chance to start over, and do it right. It was too bad that Obi-Wan had forgotten two years of training, two years of lessons in diplomacy and lightsaber and all of that, but Qui-Gon could teach him again. And this time, they would have the foundation they should have had from the beginning. They wouldn't have to fight for trust, for confidence with each other.

Obi-Wan wouldn't have to be afraid. Qui-Gon would never give him reason.

But will Qui-Gon be doing the right thing, keeping the truth from Obi-Wan? At least they have to escape the prison and Obi to get better. Then the deeper mess will need to be sorted out!

Great job.

11. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    A new beginning for Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan; this definitely needs to be followed up. Qui-Gon was so caring for Obi-Wan; every padawan needs a little TLC every now and then, but especially Obi-Wan. :)

12. Jedi-Gon

Jedi-Gon Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2007
    *delurk*

AWWWWW!!! Poor Obi! He's lost his memories... And yet... He's so darn cute! [face_love][face_love][face_love]

And a great big hug for you, Qui-Gon! How's he going to explain that one to Obi-Wan?! :_|:_| I don't know that I want to think about it!

Very, very good start, my friend. :D Please, please, please update soon, for Force's sake! This is an amazing start! Very well-written, a good subject to touch upon, and very interesting. Keep up the awesome work!

Add me to your PM list? [face_batting]

13. azizah

azizah Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2006
    "You called me Padawan," he murmured. "I used to dream about what it would sound like when someone called me Padawan. It sounds right, coming from you."

"Yes. It's right."
    [face_love]

This was lovely, and you open up so many possibilities with the ending. Is there a happy ending, does this solve all of their issues? I hope not [face_devil] (it is fanfiction after all not real life and I would love to read more :D ).

Very very nice.

azizah

14. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Great start =D=

:eek: Poor Obi-Wan. His memories! I can see why Qui-Gon would want some things to be forgotten, but like he said, they went through so much in those two short years! Good and bad those memories make Obi-Wan who he is. You can't replace that, Qui-Gon! ( [face_not_talking] shakes head at silly Master) We can see what a change it's made already. It might seem like an improvement for now but... [face_worried]

Wonderful characterisation here:

Every innocent creature in the galaxy automatically had a piece of Qui-Gon's heart from the moment he met them, but the piece Obi-Wan held was larger than all of the others combined.

Long before it was done, the Jedi Master was exhausted and drained, certain that he could give no more. Yet he pushed back that certainty and continued to give, because Obi-Wan needed him to.

I think they sum Qui-Gon up perfectly.

Please update soon. I need to know how this turns out! [face_praying]

15. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Wow! I really enjoyed this! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.