main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Dare Challenge Response: The Magic Flute (X-over, humor, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Maul, Sidious, Papageno)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alkibiades, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alkibiades

Alkibiades Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2007
  2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Kudos to pulling off an extremely difficult dare!

I realize belatedly I was becoming a little too detached

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I don't why, but that had me ROTF!!

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh my goodness, you seriously have me crying I'm laughing so hard![face_laugh]

Yes, humor is a genre that certainly fits you. ;)

My computer time has ended, but I will be back with a full reply latter! :D[:D]

~MJ@};-

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Ouch! That Jedi actually touched my skin! Burns so ruin your complexion ? one has to apply bacta to get the skin dry, and then it needs to be tattooed all over again, which is a major problem given the limited amount of spare time Sith apprentices have. I?ll probably miss an opera on Coruscant next month, in the Coruscant Opera where I will sing one day, all because of that irritating Jedi! And I fight with renewed vigour, until the singer starts the second verse and my automated pilot takes over again:

[face_laugh] A difficult challenge, but your response was amazing! =D=

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That's one of those dares that look impossible to do, but you've done it wonderfully. Gives a whole new view of Maul. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

6. Alkibiades

Dec 15, 2007
    Thanks! It was a bit wry. I'm glad you appreciate that sort of thing. ;) :) Thanks! [:D]

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. And I'm still waiting for that review... [face_tired]

Glad you like it. And thank you for letting me join this challenge so late - I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks! :D

It certainly does. [face_laugh] This whole thing is so ridiculously out of character it is funny. The challenge forced that, so it doesn't matter! Good to hear that you liked it!

Thanks for reading and reviewing, all of you!

Yours, Alkibiades

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, that song done in Maul-voice just creeps me out. :)

8. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Oh my goodness Alkibiades! That was perfect!

Yes, I was the one who gave you the challenge-- you guessed correctly. I just really, really wanted someone to have to write this. [face_devil] Of course, I suppose I got my just desserts with that dare you gave me!

I want you to know that the rest of the house is asleep, and I had to laugh quietly to keep them from waking up! You had me giggling senselessly through the whole thing. It was difficult to choose a favorite part, but I have to say mine was this line:

?Yub yub, My Lord. I was just wondering, My Lord, The Buggles are on Tatooine, and I was hoping -?

Yes, 'Yub Yub' [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I'm going to start saying that to my mom. She got annoyed when Pirates of the Caribbean came out, and instead of yes, I said 'aye.' Now she gets to hear 'yub yub!'

Thanks for writing this awesome fic! I really, throroughly enjoyed it! Awesome work!

~Jecca

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Okay, I'm back! :D

It is annoying that I, Darth Maul, have to wait for an Ewok to finish feeding himself and his whisperkit, but, unfortunately, that Ewok is my master.

Okay, I almost gagged on my water reading that. I'm still laughing so hard reading this a second time through. ;)

?Yub yub, My Lord. I was just wondering, My Lord, The Buggles are on Tatooine, and I was hoping -?

LOL - there's something just priceless about Maul saying Yub Yub. [face_laugh]

My luck ? Lord Sidious has no feeling for art whatsoever. Unlike that blue officer he got from Force knows where. That guy is good with art, and I like him better than I ought to, him being an Ewok and all.

The Thrawn reference was perfect! Are you saying that Thrawn's an eawok too? :confused:

The bonbons were his idea, as was the fact that, in a few years, my master will be so fat he can?t use Force Lightning anymore ? Ewok fat doesn?t conduct electricity nearly as well as the watery substances normal skin is made of. Then, I will kill Lord Sidious, leave his business to my blue partner and go off to sing in a band like the Buggles.

OMG, my sides are hurting. For a Sith, Mual certainly has . . . a unique plan for this.

Ouch! That Jedi actually touched my skin! Burns so ruin your complexion ? one has to apply bacta to get the skin to heal, and then it needs to be tattooed all over again, which is a major problem given the limited amount of spare time Sith apprentices have. I?ll probably miss an opera on Coruscant next month, in the Coruscant Opera where I will sing one day, all because of that irritating Jedi!

Mual's inner voice here is classic! It's so funny that instead of evil thoughts, he's lamenting his skin care regimene. [face_laugh]

No it is no Fosh ? Fosh don?t have baritone voices. It looks like a humanoid with feathers ? I?m unsure. As I open my mouth to ask the question, I realize belatedly I was becoming a little too detached, even for a Jedi, and ? Ahhhh!!!

Poor Maul, see where his appreciation for music got him. *snicker*

?Hmmm... Just a moment... We have... Ah, yes, here is a candidate... Elderly gentleman... Former Jedi master... Count of Serenno... No family... Expert anger management, manipulation and lightsaber skills... Discrete, intelligent and elegant. Would that do, sir??

And that was the perfect ending!!

Does Dooku have a secret fetish of his own - perhaps plays? I could so see Dooku going "To be, or not to be . . ."

Okay, so maybe I shouldn't be drinking that much caffiene. I appologize. ;)

Thanks for that wonderful little vig![:D]

~MJ@};-

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_laugh] Yeah, Maul has that problem of becoming too detatched, does he not? That's one mistake he won't make again. :p

Great response =D=

11. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    ROFLMAO!!
    I absolutely love Mozart's operas, and now I have that particular aria stuck in my head! That was one of the best humor fics I have ever read. You rose to meet this challenge magnificently!

12. Alkibiades

Dec 15, 2007
    Thanks, DarthIshtar! Although it wasn't Maul that sung it - 'twas Papageno:
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/83/Papageno.jpg]
    Google on his name or The Magic Flute for more details.

And welcome, Jecca!

Yes, I was the one who gave you the challenge-- you guessed correctly. I just really, really wanted someone to have to write this. [face_devil] Of course, I suppose I got my just desserts with that dare you gave me!

No guessing required: I was the last one to join. VaderLVR64 had exactly one spot open, and as my challenge went to you, the last Dare could only have been yours. And yeah, I think we did each other in marvelously. :) Funny, isn't it? I had never written humor (not written much anyway), and that was the first really dark thing you wrote.

I was reading challenges with words that need to be used I-) and challenges with forbidden words [face_tired] and I thought: let's think of an original constraint. Heh. :)

I want you to know that the rest of the house is asleep, and I had to laugh quietly to keep them from waking up! You had me giggling senselessly through the whole thing. It was difficult to choose a favorite part, but I have to say mine was this line:

Yes, 'Yub Yub' [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I'm going to start saying that to my mom. She got annoyed when Pirates of the Caribbean came out, and instead of yes, I said 'aye.' Now she gets to hear 'yub yub!'

Good, good! I like to hear that. Poor mother, you have! [face_alien_1]

Thanks for writing this awesome fic! I really, throroughly enjoyed it! Awesome work!

Thanks for reviewing!

And hello there, Mira.

Okay, I almost gagged on my water reading that. I'm still laughing so hard reading this a second time through. ;)

You know, that wasn't even meant to be humorous? [face_laugh] Thanks, anyways! The visual image is very nice. :)

LOL - there's something just priceless about Maul saying Yub Yub. [face_laugh]

Yeah, there is. :)

The Thrawn reference was perfect! Are you saying that Thrawn's an Ewok too? :confused:

Yup. Even calling Bluefur a little more down. :) The idea is copyrighted by McE, of course.

My sides are hurting. For a Sith, Mual certainly has . . . a unique plan for this.

He has! :) I liked that best myself.

Mual's inner voice here is classic! It's so funny that instead of evil thoughts, he's lamenting his skin care regime. [face_laugh]

;) :p

Poor Maul, see where his appreciation for music got him. *snicker*

:) On the positive side, it saved Qui-Gon Jinn? Maybe Anakin turns out better under Jinn's patronage than under Kenobi's? All sorts of ideas...

Does Dooku have a secret fetish of his own - perhaps plays? I could so see Dooku going "To be, or not to be . . ."

I'm not going to write that sequel. I think... Oh dear, I believe we have a new bunny attack... ;)

Okay, so maybe I shouldn't be drinking that much caffeine. I apologize. ;)

Thanks for that wonderful little vig!
    [:D]

Glad you liked it! Thanks for reviewing!

AlexisWingstar:
    [face_laugh] Yeah, Maul has that problem of becoming too detached, does he not? That's one mistake he won't make again. :p
    A nice way to kill off a character? :p

Great response [:D]

I hope you enjoyed yourself!

SithGirl132:
    I absolutely love Mozart's operas

Me too. Can you tell? :)

That was one of the best humor fics I have ever read. You rose to meet this challenge magnificently!

Thanks, thanks. *bows* :D

Yours, Alkibiades

13. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Hahahahhah!!!! Aki that was hysterical!! Definitely twisted and humorous...but I love it!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Awesome job!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

14. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I spotted this dare in thread and couldn't fathom how anyone could get it to hold together. But you did it. Major awesome points right there.

I love the whole idea of Maul liking opera and the Buggles . . . oh dear . . . now I have "Video Killed The Radio Star" stuck in my head, dammit. And saying Yub Yub. And bon-bons. Ah what the hell, all of it was great. Well done! =D=

15. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Haha, what a dare that was to fulfill! [face_laugh] My favorite part was definitely the Sith Lord Ewok and his lust for bonbons! :D Not to mention the plan to one day take him out. :)

And while previously I couldn't even possibly imagine what it would be like to have Maul answer to an Ewok, now I'm wondering even more what it would be like to see Dooku answer to one. :eek:

16. Alkibiades

Dec 15, 2007
    Hello, Irish:

Hahahahhah!!!! Alkibiades that was hysterical!! Definitely twisted and humorous...but I love it!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Awesome job!

Thanks! Good to see you enjoyed. :)

JediNemesis:
    I spotted this dare in thread and couldn't fathom how anyone could get it to hold together. But you did it. Major awesome points right there.

I love the whole idea of Maul liking opera and the Buggles . . . oh dear . . . now I have "Video Killed The Radio Star" stuck in my head. And saying Yub Yub. And bon-bons. Ah what the hell, all of it was great. Well done!
    [:D]

:) The Dare had some potential for humor. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!

Bri_Windstar:
    Haha, what a dare that was to fulfill! [face_laugh] My favorite part was definitely the Sith Lord Ewok and his lust for bonbons! :D Not to mention the plan to one day take him out. :)

The plan was quite new, hmm? :)

And while previously I couldn't even possibly imagine what it would be like to have Maul answer to an Ewok, now I'm wondering even more what it would be like to see Dooku answer to one. :eek:

[face_talk_hand] Shhh... Don't wake the bunnies - I'll be plagued, and I already have several tribes living off my creativity. ;)

:p

But yeah, Dooku is an interesting chap... Maybe something for a DD challenge?

Yours, Alkibiades

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, I've seen the opera many times, but the idea is funnier if Papageno takes on a bit of the Maul persona.

18. Alkibiades

Dec 15, 2007
    Okay - I couldn't know. Papageno is quite uncomplicated - I'm not sure what Maul's malice would do with that. What do you think is entertaining about that? I don't get it. Sorry - I may just be dense.

Yours, Alkibiades

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, no, it's just a very different parallelism, so it amused me. :)

20. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    OMG! Maul was defeated by Papageno's intervention???? [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

*Goes away huming Pa...Pa-pa... Pa-pa-pa-pa...*

Uber-nerdy PS: The Magic Flute's lyrics waas written by E. Schikaneder, not Mozart himself. They were good friends and collaborated in a few operas.

21. Alkibiades

Dec 15, 2007
    Maul was defeated by Papageno's intervention???? [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]
    Yup! :) He has a weak spot, and it's silly just like Achilles'. :p

*Goes away huming Pa...Pa-pa... Pa-pa-pa-pa...*
    Yeah, yeah. Papagena is a fun character too. "Mein Engel." That conversation when she still is an old hag; priceless!

Uber-nerdy PS: The Magic Flute's lyrics waas written by E. Schikaneder, not Mozart himself. They were good friends and collaborated in a few operas.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Music was still Mozart's, though, as is the entire opera. But he deserves a mention, so, thanks! [:D]

Good to see you enjoyed!

And Ish, thanks! I see what you mean, now. :)

Yours, Alkibiades

22. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

There were so many great parts, but I really liked this:
    We have cooked up the most delicious plan together, he and I. The bonbons were his idea, as was the fact that, in a few years, my master will be so fat he can?t use Force Lightning anymore ? Ewok fat doesn?t conduct electricity nearly as well as the watery substances normal skin is made of. Then, I will kill Lord Sidious, leave his business to my blue partner and go off to sing in a band like the Buggles.

Very funny fic! Great job! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.